Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:56:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: IF we get relegated…  (Read 3607 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: IF we get relegated…
« Reply #30 on January 16, 2022, 10:54:31 am by Chris Black come back »
There is some truth there but of those, Anderson and John are out of contract this summer and you would think the chances of them re-signing are low. Then Taylor and Fejiri will effectively have not played football for over a year, so who knows what state they will be in.

We only know what we know and the only senior players contracted to be with us next season as it stands are Agard, Rowe, Taylor, Hiwula, Dodoo, Knoyle, Ro-Shaun, Seaman and Close. Nobody seems to know score with Fejiri, as to whether we have an option or not this summer. That is a group of players who Rowe aside, have massively underperformed in League One and on the basis of their performances this season, will struggle in League Two, whatever their past careers might suggest.

It's a steep hill we have to climb this summer yet again, putting a squad together than can both shed the seemingly deeply ingrained mindset of being losers, to both winning and adapting to new colleagues and a new league.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 01:04:46 pm by Chris Black come back »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 16, 2022, 12:45:16 pm by Upton Rover »
We have got to be very careful in L2 with the wrong choice of players we could easily become a Chesterfield

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 16, 2022, 01:05:43 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
All our best players would be top players in L2 so on paper we should keep all of the better ones.

But that's on paper. Who knows how good Fej will be after a year without playing a game. The rest have consistently been missing games through injuries this season. We don't know enough about these injuries to judge whether they'll be reoccurring issues or something they can recover from hopefully the clubs medical department will before making a decision. 

I guess what I'm saying is our backup players need to very good if we're relying on so many players who have histories of been injured. I'd rather sign slightly worse players who you can rely upon for a full season than players like Bostock who always seems to be either injured or playing themselves back to match sharpness from their last injury.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 16, 2022, 01:29:33 pm by BigH »
To give ourselves the best chance of doing anything in L2 and not falling straight through again we need to get back to a winning mentality.

That is the only ambition I hold for the rest of this season.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 16, 2022, 02:19:51 pm by dickos1 »
There is some truth there but of those, Anderson and John are out of contract this summer and you would think the chances of them re-signing are low. Then Taylor and Fejiri will effectively have not played football for over a year, so who knows what state they will be in.

We only know what we know and the only senior players contracted to be with us next season as it stands are Agard, Rowe, Taylor, Hiwula, Dodoo, Knoyle, Ro-Shaun, Seaman and Close. Nobody seems to know score with Fejiri, as to whether we have an option or not this summer. That is a group of players who Rowe aside, have massively underperformed in League One and on the basis of their performances this season, will struggle in League Two, whatever their past careers might suggest.

It's a steep hill we have to climb this summer yet again, putting a squad together than can both shed the seemingly deeply ingrained mindset of being losers, to both winning and adapting to new colleagues and a new league.

Very harsh to suggest seaman has massively underachieved this season.
Knoyle has already proven to be amongst the best players in league 2 and he was outstanding yesterday.
Those players are all proven very good players for this level and would comfortably be amongst the best players in league 2

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 16, 2022, 06:41:00 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
We have got to be very careful in L2 with the wrong choice of players we could easily become a Chesterfield

Given the current trajectories of them and us, i'd be happy with becoming another Chesterfield.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 16, 2022, 08:17:35 pm by Campsall rover »

Knoyle has already proven to be amongst the best players in league 2 and he was outstanding yesterday.
Those players are all proven very good players for this level and would comfortably be amongst the best players in league 2
While that may be true on paper dickos the fact is losing is a habit the same as winning.
Our players have forgotten how to win. That was proved in the Morecambe game and then not even looking remotely interested in the Fleetwood game. A must win game.

We need to get a winning mentality back well before this season ends. Going into next season with the same losing mentality we have now will not get us far in league 2 or any league.

Ability is one thing, the right mentality is another. Success only comes from having both.
In fact the latter is probably more important.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 16, 2022, 08:26:04 pm by dickos1 »

While that may be true on paper dickos the fact is losing is a habit the same as winning.
Our players have forgotten how to win. That was proved in the Morecambe game and then not even looking remotely interested in the Fleetwood game. A must win game.

We need to get a winning mentality back well before this season ends. Going into next season with the same losing mentality we have now will not get us far in league 2 or any league.

Ability is one thing, the right mentality is another. Success only comes from having both.

I imagine you wrote a post identical to this the last time we ended up in league 2 and I can vividly remember you saying we had more chance of leaving league 2 out the relegation door than we did winning promotion.
We went on to achieve probably Our most comfortable promotion in our history.
So rather than torturing yourself again by being so unreasonably negative why don’t you try a different approach this time

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 16, 2022, 08:28:11 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
A different approach?

Why? Will this change results on the pitch?

Quick, someone give Uri Geller a call. His positive thinking techniques can ensure that our strikers can score more than 1 goal each in the second half of the season.

If only we had the same resilience and determination as Derby.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 08:31:58 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 16, 2022, 08:33:19 pm by Campsall rover »
What we need more than anything is a proper leader on the pitch. A Rob Jones type character is needed ideally.
We need 3 experienced players added to this team. Leaders on the pitch who will get hold of a game by the scruff of the neck and bring the others up to speed with their example.
When we go behind we look resigned to defeat. That would never happen with a real leader on the pitch.

Just imagine how good Galbraith would have been in that 2012/13 team.
All he has been doing this season is fighting fires in a team with a losing mentality. Most of our current team have resigned themselves to losing before they cross the white line.
Tommy Rowe is an exception. He has always given 100% but he is not a miracle worker and has had to play various roles in the team which have not helped.

The mentality has to change very quickly but that will only happen with the right characters added to the squad.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: IF we get relegated%u2026
« Reply #40 on January 16, 2022, 09:07:47 pm by Campsall rover »

I imagine you wrote a post identical to this the last time we ended up in league 2 and I can vividly remember you saying we had more chance of leaving league 2 out the relegation door than we did winning promotion.
So rather than torturing yourself again by being so unreasonably negative why don%u2019t you try a different approach this time
Oh dear, Dickos you are making things up. Show me the post where I said that. Now it seems you are getting back to your old ways. Trying to create a pointless argument.

You carry on believing what you want. You will never accept what anyone else thinks.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 16, 2022, 09:25:51 pm by dickos1 »
A different approach?

Why? Will this change results on the pitch?

Quick, someone give Uri Geller a call. His positive thinking techniques can ensure that our strikers can score more than 1 goal each in the second half of the season.

If only we had the same resilience and determination as Derby.

Unsurprisingly you’ve missed the point,

When we got relegated last time many on here were adamant we would struggle in league 2, we didn’t.
So why have the same approach again if we do go down

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 16, 2022, 09:31:42 pm by dickos1 »

So rather than torturing yourself again by being so unreasonably negative why don%u2019t you try a different approach this time
Oh dear, Dickos you are making things up. Show me the post where I said that. Now it seems you are getting back to your old ways. Trying to create a pointless argument.

You carry on believing what you want. You will never accept what anyone else thinks.

I’m obviously not going to look back through all your posts from back then,
But you know that you didn’t rate Ferguson and you know you didn’t think we’d do anything in league 2 with him in charge

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 16, 2022, 09:35:59 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Bit like me then. My thoughts exactly about GM and league 2.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 16, 2022, 09:43:27 pm by dickos1 »

Exactly but he proved them wrong
So hopefully GM will prove u wrong

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 16, 2022, 09:45:14 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Exactly but he proved them wrong
So hopefully GM will prove u wrong

Nothing would give me greater satisfaction.

The early signs are worrying IMO but he's got half a season at least to impress.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 16, 2022, 09:45:39 pm by Campsall rover »
No your not because you won’t find it. I never said it. Fact.

No I did not rate Fergie. He continually put round pegs in square holes.
He got us relegated by playing a system that didn’t work and refused to change it.
We then failed to win the league from a position of a one horse race.

This conversation though is not about Fergie and to bring him up is just diverting from what is happening to our team now. Something that you refuse to accept.
Well that is fine with me. We are not mathematically relegated and while we are not we must keep going.  But even I am not a blind optimist.
We have to turn the losing into winning at some point and we need to do it this season as we need some momentum before next season.
There is nothing I have seen yet that gives me any hope that we could possibly stay up though.
I would as I said be over the moon to be proved wrong.

SkellowNorthBranchKarl

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on January 17, 2022, 01:15:38 am by SkellowNorthBranchKarl »
How many of the current squad will stick around for league 2? I’m thinking particularly about our ‘better’ players/bigger earners. So;

Anderson
Olowu
Rowe
Bostock
Close
Barlow
Bogle
Knoyle??
Ferji
Taylor

There might be a few more I’ve forgot about because they’ve been out so long. But that’s 10 players there i’m not sure would be up for barrow away next year. Another big rebuild ahead by the looks of it.

Anderson.   Out of contract
Olowu.         Contracted
Rowe.         Contracted
Bostock.      Out of contract
Close.          Contracted
Barlow.         Out of contract
Bogle.           Out of contract
Knoyle??        Contracted
Fej.               Out of contract
Taylor.            Contracted
John.               Out of contract
Williams Ro      Contracted
Gardner.         Out of contract
Dodoo.            Contracted
Hiwula.            Contracted
Jones.             Out of contract
Agard.              Contracted
Ravenhill.         Contracted

So there’s 10 contracted  players

SkellowNorthBranchKarl

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 17, 2022, 01:16:48 am by SkellowNorthBranchKarl »
Out of the all the "out of contract" players I'd only keep tom,fej,and cam john.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012