Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 03:20:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Positive Vibes (again)  (Read 5657 times)

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
Re: Positive Vibes (again)
« Reply #30 on January 16, 2022, 06:34:22 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Bit too late now IMO but we'll see who they are and what they bring. If they arrive of course.

How is it too late?
What difference would it have made if they came last week
possible 6 points if they came when the transfer window opened

I didn't want to dignify Dickos with a response as the answer to his question was so blindingly obvious, so thanks Upton. You've very kindly done it for me.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 16, 2022, 06:44:34 pm by dickos1 »
So having 21 games left isn’t enough games to get us out of it but 2 games would’ve made all the difference.
One of those games against the best side in the division.
Utter nonsense

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 16, 2022, 06:54:59 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
So having 21 games left isn’t enough games to get us out of it but 2 games would’ve made all the difference.
Utter nonsense

Or we get 3 or 4 players in. Beat Fleetwood and stop them pulling further away from us, get some much needed confidence for Wigan and get a draw.

Suddenly we have clawed 4 points back and have hit a tiny bit of form going into a crucial game against Cambridge.

Not rocket science brother. What you call utter nonsense, i call the club showing sense of urgency and being proactive.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 06:58:09 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 16, 2022, 07:01:44 pm by Jonathan »
Utter nonsense

Or we get 3 or 4 players in. Beat Fleetwood and stop them pulling further away from us, get some much needed confidence for Wigan and get a draw.

Suddenly we have clawed 4 points back and have hit a tiny bit of form going into a crucial game against Cambridge.

Not rocket science brother. What you call utter nonsense, i call the club showing sense of urgency and being proactive.

We’ve got two months until we play Fleetwood so you will get your wish.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 16, 2022, 07:06:55 pm by dickos1 »
Utter nonsense

Highly unlikely that would’ve happened with 2 more signings.
You’re speaking like our season was defined by those two games.
It wasn’t,

If these signings are going to change our fortunes so much how can you say 21 games isn’t enough games

Contradicting yourself

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 16, 2022, 07:21:04 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Utter nonsense

It wasn’t,

If these signings are going to change our fortunes so much how can you say 21 games isn’t enough games

Contradicting yourself

Not sure if you've seen our upcoming fixtures after Tuesday night?

MK Dons away. They are in 5th place and we have scored 6 goals away from home all season and have 1 point.

Plymouth Argyle at home. They are in 6th place and perhaps a game we can hope to nick a win.

Rotherham at home. They are in 3rd, 2 points off top spot and have conceded just 5 away.

Sunderland away. No point discussing why we won't get anything there really. Self evident.

Ipswich at home.  Probably the 'easiest' task awaiting us in our next 9 games after Tuesday.

Portsmouth away. Again, i refer back to our away form.

Then we've got Lincoln away (poor away form) and Sheff Weds at home.

If we get 3 wins from those set of games then we will have done well. How many more points will those above us get in their next 9 games?

21 games is not enough games because we are the worst team in the EFL in terms of stats and suddenly we need to become the best in those 21 games in order to stay up. Those 4 points that you say i'm defining our season on were critical because they were season defining and would have given us a glimmer of hope.

The lack of signings and poor defeat to Fleetwood set the tone and sent a clear message to fans. Staying in the division is just not important enough.

In my opinion of course. As always.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 16, 2022, 07:33:41 pm by dickos1 »
Utter nonsense

It wasn’t,

Contradicting yourself

MK Dons away. They are in 5th place and we have scored 6 goals away from home all season and have 1 point.

Plymouth Argyle at home. They are in 6th place and perhaps a game we can hope to nick a win.

Rotherham at home. They are in 3rd, 2 points off top spot and have conceded just 5 away.

Sunderland away. No point discussing why we won't get anything there really. Self evident.

Ipswich at home.  Probably the 'easiest' task awaiting us in our next 9 games after Tuesday.

If we get 3 wins from those set of games then we will have done well. How many more points will those above us get in their next 9 games?

21 games is not enough games because we are the worst team in the EFL in terms of stats and suddenly we need to become the best in those 21 games in order to stay up. Those 4 points that you say i'm defining our season on were critical because they were season defining and would have given us a glimmer of hope.

The lack of signings and poor defeat to Fleetwood set the tone and sent a clear message to fans. Staying in the division is just not important enough.

You say all that talking about how difficult it will be in those games and we will struggle to get anything but then you say with 2 new players we would’ve had a chance of getting a result against Wigan a side with the best away record in the division and the best squad in the division.
The signings are either going to give us a chance or they aren’t can’t use them to argue both sides

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 16, 2022, 07:34:49 pm by dickos1 »
Utter nonsense

It wasn’t,

Contradicting yourself

No doubt it’s going to be tough but by no means do we need title winning form to stay up, which is what you’ve just said.
We need top 10 form

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 16, 2022, 07:38:57 pm by Jonathan »
Utter nonsense

It wasn’t,

Contradicting yourself

You say all that talking about how difficult it will be in those games and we will struggle to get anything but then you say with 2 new players we would’ve had a chance of getting a result against Wigan a side with the best away record in the division and the best squad in the division.
The signings are either going to give us a chance or they aren’t can’t use them to argue both sides

Hard to argue with the logic here.

Aside from which, we are where we are. We can’t go back in time and, if we could, it might have been different players coming in.

Of course it’s a tough run of games, but it’s a funny game and things can change very quickly with a bit of momentum. I think we all know it’s going to be very tough for us, but if we as supporters can’t back our own club then who the hell else can? It’s a game built largely on fantasy and delusion. We’ve got to put up a fight and then if we still go down, at least we go down fighting.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 16, 2022, 07:44:47 pm by Canadian Rover »
What could or should have happened didn't happen. Why worry about what has now been and gone? Let's focus on moving forward as a team, club and fans. The greatest of escapes is on.

Let's back the new signings, the current squad and young lads for efforts they show.

Worst case scenario is end of season when (if) we get relegated we make sure our collective voices are heard about what should and could've happened. For now things can only get better on and off the pitch from what we've seen this season.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 16, 2022, 07:49:36 pm by Campsall rover »
We were relegated after the Morecambe game 3-0 up and lost 4-3 and then the abysmal performance against Fleetwood.
2 games against teams in the bottom 4
If we had one them both then we would have had some hope.
Losing them has made it almost impossible.

Dickos can dress it up any way he likes but the reality off the situation is staring us in the face.
Are we realistically suddenly going to produce top 9/10 form over the last 21 games. It would be one of the biggest Houdini acts ever. The fact is the players are not good enough. Offensively we are abysmal and that is being polite.

Agard isn’t going to suddenly score a hat full of goals because who is going to create the chances. GM decided to play him wide on Saturday for most of the game. So that reduces our goal scoring ability. Dodoo should have played wide with Agard down the middle.
Although I would now try 4-4-2 rather than persist with the 4-3-3 which has not been effective all season.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 16, 2022, 07:51:08 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
If we forget the Wigan game then for a moment.

Poor management allowing us to lose from 3-0 up at Morecambe and to not beat Fleetwood has cost us.

Winning those 2 games or even getting 4 points was critical.

Getting players in asap before Fleetwood in particular was vital. Now it's too late i feel.

Yes we have 21 games left i think but that Fleetwood game was unforgiveable and that one game was a killer IMO.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 16, 2022, 07:52:01 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
We were relegated after the Morecambe game 3-0 up and lost 4-3 and then the abysmal performance against Fleetwood.

Dickos can dress it up any way he likes but the reality off the situation is staring us in the face.
Are we realistically suddenly going to produce top 9/10 form over the last 21 games. It would be one of the biggest Houdini acts ever. The fact is the players are not good enough. Offensively we are abysmal and that is being polite.

Agard isn’t going to suddenly score a hat full of goals because who is going to create the chances. GM decided to play him wide on Saturday for most of the game. So that reduces our goal scoring ability. Dodoo should have played wide with Agard down the middle.
Although I would now try 4-4-2 rather than persist with the 4-3-3 which has not been effective all season.

Bang on the money CR.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on January 16, 2022, 08:05:41 pm by dickos1 »
How can u say he’s bang on when he’s just said we were relegated after morecambe but you’ve just argued we could’ve got 4 points from the last two games

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 16, 2022, 08:08:35 pm by dickos1 »

I see the campsall of old has returned,
You’ve spent the last few months slagging off anyone who dare suggest we were down.
But you’ve returned to the campsall we had under Ferguson,

By the way burton did something similar to what we need last season so stop pretending it’s something it ain’t

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 16, 2022, 08:09:10 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
How can u say he’s bang on when he’s just said we were relegated after morecambe but you’ve just argued we could’ve got 4 points from the last two games

If you read his post carefully mind, CR states that he thought we were relegated after the Morecambe and Fleetwood games gave us nothing. He didn't say we were relegated after just the Morecambe game. As you claim.

If we had got 4 points from Morecambe / Fleetwood or Fleetwood / Wigan, then we'd be in a slightly better position. Because we got 0 points from all 3, we're f**ked. That easier for you to compute?

So if we had new arrivals in place for those games, we might have had a chance at saving our season. Which was the original point i had been trying to make, before it descended into futility and people not having the capacity to understand this most simple of reasoning.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 08:17:36 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on January 16, 2022, 08:18:41 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Most of us are adult enough to know relegation is a real possibility but I don't see the point in waking up every day and wallowing in self pity,  spreading doom and gloom and repeat, repeat, repeat.

None of us know what the outcome will be, so let's just see how it goes. Look for seeds of improvement, take the positives and make the best of a bad situation.

Birmingham fans must be battle hardened after their frequent last day escapes so let's hope we can at least get as near as that if not better. Why can't we stick with it and try and help the lads achieve what looks unlikely.

We say it every season, results start going  against form as teams start smelling the coffee.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on January 16, 2022, 08:56:01 pm by Campsall rover »

You’ve spent the last few months slagging off anyone who dare suggest we were down.

By the way burton did something similar to what we need last season so stop pretending it’s something it ain’t
Now you are just being ridiculous.  Campsall of old? I am one of the most positive posters on this forum and you know that.  But if you can’t see what most of us can see then that’s your prerogative I suppose.

Yes Fergie messed up big time and you still will not accept that. We should never have been relegated in 2015/16 and we should have been League 2 champions the following season.

This is by and far the worst team we have had since 97/98 
We have scored 17 goals in 25 games. We struggle to test the opposing goalkeeper more than once in most games.
We will not do a Burton with this group of players. Burton’s recovery started earlier than 21 games to play fo a start.

Dickos I have not slagged anyone off, I disagreed with those who said we were already down in November. We were not relegated in November and had every chance of escaping. We were in the pack with very few points separating the bottom 8/9 teams.

Just in case you have not noticed we are now 10 points adrift of the 5th from bottom team who have a vastly superior goal difference and 2 games in hand on us.
So the situation is no where near what it was 7/8 weeks ago.  We had a chance even up to the Morecambe game but now it has all but evaporated.

If I am proved wrong and we do escape the drop there will be no one more please than me. I promise you that dickos. 

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 16, 2022, 09:46:17 pm by The Beast »

Now you are just being ridiculous.  Campsall of old? I am one of the most positive posters on this forum and you know that.  But if you can’t see what most of us can see then that’s your prerogative I suppose.

Yes Fergie messed up big time and you still will not accept that. We should never have been relegated in 2015/16 and we should have been League 2 champions the following season.

We have scored 17 goals in 25 games. We struggle to test the opposing goalkeeper more than once in most games.
We will not do a Burton with this group of players. Burton’s recovery started earlier than 21 games to play fo a start.

Dickos I have not slagged anyone off, I disagreed with those who said we were already down in November. We were not relegated in November and had every chance of escaping. We were in the pack with very few points separating the bottom 8/9 teams.

Just in case you have not noticed we are now 10 points adrift of the 5th from bottom team who have a vastly superior goal difference and 2 games in hand on us.
So the situation is no where near what it was 7/8 weeks ago.  We had a chance even up to the Morecambe game but now it has all but evaporated.

If I am proved wrong and we do escape the drop there will be no one more please than me. I promise you that dickos. 

Got to say this is exactly my feelings a couple of months ago and my feelings now.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on January 16, 2022, 10:07:05 pm by dickos1 »

Burtons revival started on the 6th feb with 22 games to go.
This weekend last year they were 6 points adrift having played 3,4 and 5 games more than the sides above them.
They comfortably survived,

So for me to suggest it’s all over with 21 games to go is ridiculous

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 16, 2022, 10:14:34 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

This weekend last year they were 6 points adrift having played 3,4 and 5 games more than the sides above them.

Did they have to play 7 of the top 8 back to back to back as part of those last 22 games though?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on January 16, 2022, 10:18:55 pm by dickos1 »
I’ve no idea but if you’ve 21 games left then you’ve probably got to play almost everyone

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on January 16, 2022, 10:22:17 pm by The Beast »
 :unsure:

I admire your optimism dickos1 but I just feel Tuesday’s game is too early to get anymore signings in beforehand and then even if we brought some quality in, the six games after that look too tough for a team lacking in confidence and trying to bed in new players. So I can’t really see any revival if any starting until mid February and by that time we could be 15+ points adrift. Hope I’m wrong but just seems too far fetched now unfortunately.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on January 16, 2022, 10:31:46 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
I’ve no idea but if you’ve 21 games left then you’ve probably got to play almost everyone

Yes but if you are struggling anyway and low on confidence and then have to play 7 of the top 8 in succession and get beat every time then there is no way that any momentum can be built or confidence built.

It isn't so much that you have to play everyone, but the fact that our next run of games is an absolute killer and will destroy what little hope we have. If we had a couple of easier games and then Sunderland, followed by a couple of winnable games and then Rotherham then fair enough.

We don't. After Cambridge we have game after game after game where we could get tonked. Not great for building team spirit and confidence.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 10:42:09 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on January 16, 2022, 10:39:16 pm by dickos1 »
:unsure:

I admire your optimism dickos1 but I just feel Tuesday’s game is too early to get anymore signings in beforehand and then even if we brought some quality in, the six games after that look too tough for a team lacking in confidence and trying to bed in new players. So I can’t really see any revival if any starting until mid February and by that time we could be 15+ points adrift. Hope I’m wrong but just seems too far fetched now unfortunately.

I think it’s been confirmed on another post we will have two in for Tuesday.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on January 16, 2022, 10:40:16 pm by dickos1 »

Yes but if you are struggling anyway and low on confidence and then have to play 7 of the top 8 in succession and get beat every time then there is no way that any momentum can be built or confidence built.

Well the plan won’t be to lose all 8,
If we can get 9/10 points from the 8 games we will be in with a shout

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on January 16, 2022, 10:43:44 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

It simply cannot happen. You are actually delusional.

We brought Agard in and gave him no chances to score. We don't create chances against fellow strugglers, let alone the likes of Sunderland.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on January 16, 2022, 10:45:01 pm by dickos1 »

We brought Agard in and gave him no chances to score. We don't create chances against fellow strugglers, let alone the likes of Sunderland.

It simply cannot happen? What 9/10 points from 8 games?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on January 16, 2022, 10:46:35 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

It simply cannot happen? What 9/10 points from 8 games?

9/10 points from 8 games can happen, but not from these 8 games.

You are also forgetting that if we do get 9/10 points from 8 games. How many points will those above us get from their 8 games?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on January 16, 2022, 10:51:05 pm by dickos1 »
I’m not forgetting that, but if we’re still 9/10 adrift after this run of games, then we have a chance with 14/15 games to go against sides we should be beating and with players returning from injury

TinyPortal © 2005-2012