Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:52:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coming’s and going’s and transfer requests at other teams  (Read 2912 times)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Freddie Ladapo has handed a transfer request in at Rotherham. One in three goals record for them. They paid a club record fee for him in 2019, contract ends in the summer.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
Re: Coming’s and going’s and transfer requests at other teams
« Reply #1 on January 06, 2022, 02:55:04 pm by jamesrover17 »
Not a prayer… Only reason he would be going is if he is being tapped up… You don’t leave a top of the table club you are playing for regularly unless its for big bucks

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Earlier in the season he couldn't get a game recently it's been Grigg who couldnt get a game.

I expected Bristol city to continue their sniffing around Smith (also out of contract soon)

so maybe  alleged "Money burning" Bristl City might turn their attentions to him

either way i expect Rotherham to slide they are playing a dangerous game with so many out of contract soon .

i dont expect thhem to be in the top 2

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 06, 2022, 03:49:26 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Ladapos off to the Championship if he does go.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 06, 2022, 04:33:21 pm by Jonathan »
The impact on us is that if Ladapo leaves it puts Rotherham in the market for a striker. If they go for one of our targets then we can’t compete irrespective of money. I really hope we don’t end up right at the bottom of the food chain. We’ve shown repeatedly that we aren’t a proactive club in the transfer market. It’s not in our nature to make transfers happen, but to wait for deals to be done. A dangerous and ineffective game when our need is so desperate.

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 06, 2022, 04:36:43 pm by jamesrover17 »
The impact on us is that if Ladapo leaves it puts Rotherham in the market for a striker. If they go for one of our targets then we can’t compete irrespective of money. I really hope we don’t end up right at the bottom of the food chain. We’ve shown repeatedly that we aren’t a proactive club in the transfer market. It’s not in our nature to make transfers happen, but to wait for deals to be done. A dangerous and ineffective game when our need is so desperate.

I suspect Rotherham will be fishing in a different pond to us regarding a striker in all honesty if it came to that

Could see them going in for Tshimanga at Chez

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 07, 2022, 02:03:57 am by karldew »
Read that Rotherham have a 12 month option on his contract and are looking at around 400k.

Possible deal with Sunderland and Grigg going the other way.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
the Rotherham manager was a bit of a pratt thinking that the fact that the player had made a transfer request should be "kept quiet"  ( doesn't a player forfeit loyalty bonuuses or other things by doing this ?)
If the players agent sent a circular out to a handful of clubs obviously by shear weight of numbers becoming aware someone would spill the beans

he's played a blinder for a few years now -  the covac virus obviously isn't a Rotherham supporter concertinaering their matches at the end of last season.

Got a feeling this Ladapo thinks he is better than he really is - time will tell

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 07, 2022, 10:11:39 am by Tiddysdad »

I suspect Rotherham will be fishing in a different pond to us regarding a striker in all honesty if it came to that

Could see them going in for Tshimanga at Chez

Local paper down here say Rotherham are after Rodriguez here at Notts county
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 12:14:47 pm by Tiddysdad »

Grumps

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 07, 2022, 10:20:59 am by Grumps »
the Rotherham manager was a bit of a pratt thinking that the fact that the player had made a transfer request should be "kept quiet"  ( doesn't a player forfeit loyalty bonuuses or other things by doing this ?)
If the players agent sent a circular out to a handful of clubs obviously by shear weight of numbers becoming aware someone would spill the beans

he's played a blinder for a few years now -  the covac virus obviously isn't a Rotherham supporter concertinaering their matches at the end of last season.

Got a feeling this Ladapo thinks he is better than he really is - time will tell

Ladapo definitely does think he's better than he is.  The way I describe him is thus (and this will probably only make sense to readers of a certain age and who recall the kids TV program Mr Benn):

Freddie Ladapo plays football as though he went to the shops one day to buy some milk and then all of a sudden found himself playing up front for Rotherham Utd!

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Ellery Balcombe loan terminated at Burton Albion. Good goalkeeper worth a look for a loan.

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 07, 2022, 02:48:57 pm by jamesrover17 »
Ellery Balcombe loan terminated at Burton Albion. Good goalkeeper worth a look for a loan.

Got enough injuries without him taking out anymore of our players!

In all seriousness, decent keeper, bit of a headcase though with his late penalty antics

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member

Got enough injuries without him taking out anymore of our players!

In all seriousness, decent keeper, bit of a headcase though with his late penalty antics
. Most goalkeepers have a screw missing, we would only need him if Dahlberg goes back.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 07, 2022, 05:25:14 pm by RoversAlias »
I would rate Balcombe as the worst of the loan keepers we've had in recent seasons. He couldn't get a game at Burton either, we are much better sticking with Jones.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
He was fairly middling. Can’t say he was as bad as that. His judgement was poor at times and whether through stupidity or accident, him wiping out Tom Anderson meant Anderson came back as a much different player.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 07, 2022, 06:14:59 pm by ForsolongaRover »
I can’t see Dahlberg staying here given Jones’s form, which to me seems a veritable transformation. In fact, the club’s objective will surely be to give Jones the chance to establish himself. A loanee would be most likely a number 2 at level 3, 4 or 5 club. It must be soul-destroying for a GK to just sit on the bench, especially if you are No 2 for a good quality European international team. Dahlberg needs games.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 07, 2022, 06:31:14 pm by tyke1962 »
Ladapo is linked with ourselves although at 28 years old he's above our under 24 threshold .

Not sure if he will be enough to save us this season but could be with more of an eye on next season in league one if true .

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 07, 2022, 06:41:45 pm by roversdude »
Supposed to want to go back darn sarf

Ronnie Dovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 07, 2022, 06:57:13 pm by Ronnie Dovers »
I can’t see Dahlberg staying here given Jones’s form, which to me seems a veritable transformation. In fact, the club’s objective will surely be to give Jones the chance to establish himself. A loanee would be most likely a number 2 at level 3, 4 or 5 club. It must be soul-destroying for a GK to just sit on the bench, especially if you are No 2 for a good quality European international team. Dahlberg needs games.

I think now that he's backup GK, keeping Dahlberg is an absolute waste of one of our 5 loan spots. Considering the quality we need, particular up front, and the likelihood of that quality only being affordable on loan, I'm hoping he goes back

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 07, 2022, 09:54:38 pm by Branton Red »
Agreed Jones is simply a better keeper than Dahlberg. End of. I doubt Watford would want him to stay just to sit on the bench anyway there's no point to that for the bloke.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 07, 2022, 10:30:33 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Yep get rid of Pontus imo. If Jones gets injured we can bring in an emergency loan keeper anyway. Thats assuming GMc trusts Bottomley remotely should he need to come on mid game.

Pontus is a international keeper i doubt he's on a free loan and 100% we'll be paying more every game he doesn't play that's how loans work. Waste of money right now

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 07, 2022, 10:31:34 pm by silent majority »
His club will recall him, they don’t want him sat on the bench.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Earlier in the season he couldn't get a game recently it's been Grigg who couldnt get a game.

I expected Bristol city to continue their sniffing around Smith (also out of contract soon)

so maybe  alleged "Money burning" Bristl City might turn their attentions to him

either way i expect Rotherham to slide they are playing a dangerous game with so many out of contract soon .

i dont expect thhem to be in the top 2

just realised this is the second time Rotherham have "floundered" at Fleetwood in the league this season .

The Rotherham manager was naive again saying "they were the only team wanting to win" Fleetwood slowing the game down etc..  Fleetwood had a cunning plan and it worked fullstop.

Grigg came off at half time for whatever reason and Freddie "Big-head" never came on ............  trouble at mill ???

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
Trouble at mill?

2 points off top spot with 2 games in hand.

I'd say no.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 16, 2022, 07:38:01 am by knockers »
Sounds like us last year!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012