Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:13:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tories just voted to suppress votes  (Read 3057 times)

danumdon

• Forum Member
Re: Tories just voted to suppress votes
« Reply #60 on May 15, 2022, 09:54:36 pm by danumdon »
I'm surprised that in this day and age they could not have the electorate voting by using their mobile phones.

Surely its not beyond the wit of man to develop an app that has enough encryption and protections to enable everyone to use it the one time, without it being vulnerable to easily attacked code.

There seems quite a few social and business app's that have a similar function.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly and say that its discriminating to some?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on May 15, 2022, 10:07:13 pm by drfchound »
Lots on here don’t like the idea of voter ID, the Labour Party don’t like it. But in Wakefield you need it to vote for the Labour candidate

https://twitter.com/RobParsonsNorth/status/1525812793143971842

Unfortunately, this is correct.

Labour members in Wakefield were required to show photo ID before voting in the rigged choice of candidate.

The shortlist of two outsiders was imposed by Labour HQ against the wishes of Wakefield Labour.

Ironically, the Labour Party OPPOSES voter ID requirements because many do not have up to date photo ID, and it reduces democratic integrity by preventing legitimate votes being cast.

Utterly shameful from Starmer and Co.

So are the Labour Party being two faced about this?

Yeah but, no but……..

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on May 15, 2022, 11:55:14 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Kier Starmer pledged to end NEC placed candidates aswell. He's not good at sticking by his promises is he?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on May 16, 2022, 12:12:42 am by SydneyRover »
No i guess he just good at leading the polls, which is why there is so much concern about his integrity by those that would never vote labour

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on May 16, 2022, 12:36:47 am by SydneyRover »
The country is in trouble, split down the middle with a corrupted party committee at the helm led by a man that's had an integrity bypass and the main concern is whether Starmer is too honest, really!

It's quite revealing having temp' access to the Times ..............

''It’s Charming Cad v Mr Nice But Dull. No wonder Boris Johnson and Keir Starmer hate each other''

''''The animosity between the prime minister and the leader of the opposition is almost tangible. It may be the bitterest, most personal rivalry at the top of British politics to date. When they walked together from the House of Commons to listen to the Queen’s Speech last week, they faced a choice: with cameras on them, would they maintain a stony silence or exchange friendly chat?

They landed somewhere in between, at first ignoring each other and then, as they walked past a camera, smiling and apparently making conversation. It almost looked authentic. But the smile didn’t go quite to Starmer’s eyes, and as they walked away, Johnson gave the other man a look bordering on contempt''

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/charming-cad-v-mr-nice-but-dull-boris-johnson-keir-starmer-political-rivalry-wmbj7xdx9

''Saint Keir Starmer: a martyr to his lofty principles''

''The political gamble that will define his leadership has quelled the pressure for now, but some MPs are alarmed by the birth of “Saint Keir” and fear that the high moral bar he is setting is unwise in a Westminster bear pit where — as one left wing commentator pointed out — “objective standards do not exist”. Others question why he took so long to address the story, which overshadowed a mixed bag of local election results for the party''

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/saint-keir-starmer-a-martyr-to-his-lofty-principles-dtthgxzhb

It appears non-labour t**tteratti cannot stand having someone in politics that at his core is honest.

Does he trim his toenails? hanging is too good aye

« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 01:07:17 am by SydneyRover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on May 16, 2022, 04:25:42 am by SydneyRover »
Kier Starmer pledged to end NEC placed candidates aswell. He's not good at sticking by his promises is he?

And before you jump on your miniature pony to do some political equestrian gymnastics maybe you should remember this ..........

....... ''The startling evidence, first unearthed by Channel 4 News and confirmed in a condemnatory report released last week by the Electoral Commission – the independent body that oversees election law and regulates political finance in the UK – suggests that the Conservative party gained an advantage by breaching election spending laws during the 2015 election. This allowed the party to send its most dedicated volunteers into key seats, in which data had identified specific voters whose turnout could swing the contest. Some of this spending was not properly declared, and some of it was entirely off the books. The sums involved are deceptively small, but the impact may have been decisive''

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/mar/23/conservative-election-scandal-victory-2015-expenses

The Electoral Commission. 16/03/2017

''Investigation in respect of the Conservative and Unionist Party campaign spending returns for the 2014 European Parliamentary Election, and 2015 UK Parliamentary General Election, and in respect of the 2014 parliamentary by-elections in Clacton, Newark and Rochester and Strood.

''In determining this penalty the Commission took into account the following
factors:
The harm caused to confidence in the party finance regime
represented an aggravating factor, in light of the value of the
payments and the campaign to which they related
. The omission of
supporting information undermines the ability of the Commission
and the public to review and verify the spending figures within the
return. There was a consequent impact on transparency and most
likely, as a direct result, on public confidence.
The unreasonable uncooperative conduct by the Party during the
investigation
, of which this offence was one element, which delayed
without good reason and for a number of months the provision of
information needed to progress the investigation.
The Party has now provided the missing invoices and receipts.
However, these were only provided as a result of the Commission’s
enquiries.

153. The total value of the penalties imposed on the Party following this
investigation is £70,000

https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/sites/default/files/pdf_file/Report-in-respect-of-the-Conservative-and-Unionist-Party.pdf

The author of the comment wishes to state that there is absolutely no connection between the Investigation in respect of the Conservative and Unionist Party campaign spending the penalties imposed and any vendetta to sell off Ch 4.

Utterly shameful, but, but, but .........................
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 05:09:35 am by SydneyRover »

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on May 16, 2022, 06:59:22 am by glosterred »
Syd you’re diverting attention from the thread with your last two posts. Voters required to produce photo ID to vote for Labour candidate, something that you and the Labour Party are against. Why’s that then?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on May 16, 2022, 07:02:51 am by SydneyRover »
Oh well it was an honest mistake ........

the thread was about lack of ID and the dangers of voter fraud, shown to be virtually non-existent and then of course the thread change into a Starmer bashing exercise discussing internal party matters. I'm showing where the real dangers for electoral fraud are ..... from the tory party.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 07:08:42 am by SydneyRover »

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on May 16, 2022, 10:18:15 am by MachoMadness »
A shameful stitch up by Starmer's team. It's becoming alarmingly common at this stage. I'm sure when no one on the left, or under the age of 30, votes for them, it won't be the party's fault though.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on May 16, 2022, 10:20:50 am by SydneyRover »
I suppose you either change the party or stay in opposition.

''Wakefield had returned Labour MPs since 1932. The size of majority has fluctuated between absolute and marginal.[n 3] The 2015 result gave the seat the 27th-smallest majority of Labour's 232 seats by percentage of majority.[8] In 2019, Wakefield lost the Labour majority and returned the first Conservative MP in 87 years''

Einstein would have something about that
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 10:45:39 am by SydneyRover »

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on May 16, 2022, 11:12:31 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Syd you’re diverting attention from the thread with your last two posts. Voters required to produce photo ID to vote for Labour candidate, something that you and the Labour Party are against. Why’s that then?

Exactly this, Sydney are you for voter ID or not?  Are you for centrally placed candidates or not?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on May 16, 2022, 11:14:21 am by SydneyRover »

Exactly this, Sydney are you for voter ID or not?  Are you for centrally placed candidates or not?

I will answer this if you say whether you have ever voted labour and if so why and when

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on May 16, 2022, 11:16:48 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Yes last council elections for one. As I've said before we have good local councillors here no need to change them.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on May 16, 2022, 11:17:21 am by SydneyRover »
GE not council

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on May 16, 2022, 11:21:44 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Never in a GE nope (note I haven't voted in many given my age).

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on May 16, 2022, 11:23:41 am by SydneyRover »
Never in a GE nope (note I haven't voted in many given my age).

How many times have you not voted labour?

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on May 16, 2022, 11:25:58 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
4 I think it is. I'm not sure on the relevance of this to my questions though?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on May 16, 2022, 12:04:31 pm by SydneyRover »
4 I think it is. I'm not sure on the relevance of this to my questions though?

Because to get a handle of someone's future behaviour you look to their past, and this tells me you would be unlikely to vote labour in the foreseeable future unless something cataclysmic happens. This won't be true in every case but for the majority it will. When I see comments from advising how Starmer or labour should behave I think what difference would that make those making those points. You may be a swing voter but that doesn't include the labour party, obviously. From your past comments this is no surprise to me that you have never voted labour in a GE, no particular comment but comments over time. There is no animosity or hate as some would have you believe but I expect people to be truthful when there are zero consequences, this last point is not directed at you.

So to answer your questions, ID in general elections NO, there has been no evidence that the minute amount of fraud to date would change an election or justify it, what individual parties do on internal matters is up to them.

Centrally placed candidates, again is a matter for individual parties Starmer will live or die by decisions he makes and I'm not sure we have the whole truth of the matter yet in Wakefield.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on May 16, 2022, 12:29:52 pm by ravenrover »
I'm surprised that in this day and age they could not have the electorate voting by using their mobile phones.

Surely its not beyond the wit of man to develop an app that has enough encryption and protections to enable everyone to use it the one time, without it being vulnerable to easily attacked code.

There seems quite a few social and business app's that have a similar function.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly and say that its discriminating to some?
Please tell me you are just having a laugh with this?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on May 16, 2022, 01:38:17 pm by glosterred »
So Syd from this, to quote you

So to answer your questions, ID in general elections NO, there has been no evidence that the minute amount of fraud to date would change an election or justify it, what individual parties do on internal matters is up to them.

I take it that you are happy for fraud to take place because it’s only “minute”.  When do you draw a line on size of fraud to introduce voter ID?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on May 16, 2022, 01:49:05 pm by SydneyRover »
So Syd from this, to quote you

I take it that you are happy for fraud to take place because it’s only “minute”.  When do you draw a line on size of fraud to introduce voter ID?

No, I'm not happy for fraud to take place on any level, it would need to be looked at seriously when there is a danger of it changing the result of an election. Sort of like not strip searching everyone that leaves a self checkout supermarket because a hungry person steals some food.

Anything that we know of that could or did skew an election such as I reported above should be investigated, as it was. I therefore suggest that russian interference in UK politics should be immediately investigated and would imagine that as you are so concerned you would too, is that correct?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012