Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:28:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ukraine  (Read 227279 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Ukraine
« Reply #2100 on May 08, 2022, 11:26:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BRR.
Remind me how Ukraine is supposed to tell Putin to f**k off?
Could have been better handled without NATO/EU making their claim. Now, a bit messed up but the only way is oroper negotiation - the West's puppet isn't really best placed for that.

Aye, I'm sure if the West weren't involved, Putin would just let Ukraine do as it pleased.

Jeez. Did you hear that speech by Putin where he said it is historically part of Russia and has no claim to exist as an independent country?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #2101 on May 09, 2022, 09:37:58 am by River Don »
They thought he might openly declare war today.

No mention of that in his speech.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2102 on May 09, 2022, 02:36:55 pm by Campsall rover »
BRR.
Could have been better handled without NATO/EU making their claim. Now, a bit messed up but the only way is oroper negotiation - the West's puppet isn't really best placed for that.

Aye, I'm sure if the West weren't involved, Putin would just let Ukraine do as it pleased.

Jeez. Did you hear that speech by Putin where he said it is historically part of Russia and has no claim to exist as an independent country?
The scary thing is most Russians believe what he tells them.
The ones that don’t believe him are too scared to do anything about it.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #2103 on May 09, 2022, 03:29:44 pm by Ldr »
BRR.

To be fair camps ppl in this country believe whatever the media says so why wouldn’t Russians?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2104 on May 09, 2022, 03:32:55 pm by wilts rover »
BRR.

To be fair camps ppl in this country believe whatever the media says so why wouldn’t Russians?

The scariest thing is that some people in this country believe what Putin is telling them.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #2105 on May 09, 2022, 03:33:57 pm by Ldr »
BRR.

The scariest thing is that some people in this country believe what Putin is telling them.

Yeah that is scary

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #2106 on May 09, 2022, 04:31:34 pm by danumdon »
I get the impression that he's looking for some sort of get out without having to clime down too much. Are the West willing to give him this?

I would say lets give him the communique that sounds like its making all the right noises for his political consumption but tie the bas**@d up in th small print that makes the pips squeak for the foreseeable.

Talk quietly but wield the biggest stick.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #2107 on May 09, 2022, 04:37:38 pm by normal rules »
The get out for Putin is the complete cessation of conflict in Eastern Ukraine.
Let him have it. For now. Make in look like a victory for him.
Protect what is left of Ukraine.
Put a UN ceasefire line in like they have in Cyprus.
Stop the killing.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #2108 on May 09, 2022, 04:48:25 pm by danumdon »
Stop the killing.

This sound a bit like a Northern Ireland agreement but on steroids, IF they have the Dombass as a buffer zone but still under the jurisdiction of the Ukraine i doubt Putin would go for it, If it was to be administered separately then it ends up as a Crimea mark 2.

Would this be acceptable to Zelenskyy ?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #2109 on May 09, 2022, 07:17:20 pm by BobG »
Changing the subject a tad, has anyone heard any more about the latest ship the Ukrainians were alleged to have Neptuned?

BobG

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #2110 on May 09, 2022, 07:36:37 pm by River Don »
Changing the subject a tad, has anyone heard any more about the latest ship the Ukrainians were alleged to have Neptuned?

BobG

There's been nothing of the Makarov since the footage showing a large fire at the front of the vessel. It still had power then, so I wonder if they managed to get it under control and back to Sevastopol?

https://youtu.be/WTnbuVAaIX4
« Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 07:56:05 pm by River Don »

glosterred

• VSC Member

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #2112 on May 10, 2022, 08:45:22 pm by BobG »
if anyone is interested, take a look at this site:

https://ffdmovements.blogspot.com/?m=1

It is a daily record of what flies into and out of RAF Fairford. It is reliable, and updated very regularly. As the airfield has been in Yank hands for decades, and has the longest runway in Europe I am told, it has always been the scene of a lot of USAAF activity. They bombed Libya and Iraq from here. They run U2 spy planes from here. B52's are regular visitors. B1B's sometimes. President Obama landed here on his last visit to the UK. A reight bloody convoy that was!

Anyway, if you're interested in the Ukraine, you'll be interested in what's going on here. I should have put up the link ages ago. My apologies.  Brain dead I think....

BobG

PS Funny, but every plane I see take off these days swings round to the east.....
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 10:27:11 pm by BobG »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #2113 on May 11, 2022, 02:16:10 pm by normal rules »
The U2S from the 9th Recconnaisance Wing looks like it’s doing daily recce missions. Over Ukraine no doubt.
Detachment 4 of this unit has been based at Fairfield since 2019.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #2114 on May 11, 2022, 02:42:05 pm by danumdon »
WE had a AWACS plane flying over our end of town yesterday, when i told the Mrs what it was she thought we were getting ready for the apocalypse !!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2115 on May 11, 2022, 03:39:08 pm by Filo »
WE had a AWACS plane flying over our end of town yesterday, when i told the Mrs what it was she thought we were getting ready for the apocalypse !!

Runway calibration I think

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2116 on May 11, 2022, 05:12:38 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Stop the killing.

This sound a bit like a Northern Ireland agreement but on steroids, IF they have the Dombass as a buffer zone but still under the jurisdiction of the Ukraine i doubt Putin would go for it, If it was to be administered separately then it ends up as a Crimea mark 2.

Would this be acceptable to Zelenskyy ?
I doubt Zelensky has even a smidge of a say when it comes to finalising any deal.

Russia wont agree to anything less than what they currently hold, bar the north western edge. Though more than likely they'll be taking a bigger chunk in the east, a thicker slice of the south, plus over to Odessa. All that territory will be effectively integrated into Russia probably as states.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2117 on May 11, 2022, 06:44:31 pm by drfchound »

She is going to be really worried on Sunday lunchtime then if she is anywhere around Hatfield.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2118 on May 11, 2022, 06:46:21 pm by Filo »

She is going to be really worried on Sunday lunchtime then if she is anywhere around Hatfield.

Do you know the exact flight path?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2119 on May 11, 2022, 06:50:59 pm by drfchound »

No but I read that it will be over Hatfield some time between 12.30 and 1.20 but it is coming up from Lincolnshire so if it is going to fly over the church there is a good chance it will go straight over my house.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2120 on May 11, 2022, 06:54:21 pm by Filo »

No but I read that it will be over Hatfield some time between 12.30 and 1.20 but it is coming up from Lincolnshire so if it is going to fly over the church there is a good chance it will go straight over my house.

Depends which way they are going, I’m about a mile and a half North of Hatfield Church

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2121 on May 11, 2022, 07:12:47 pm by drfchound »

Depends which way they are going, I’m about a mile and a half North of Hatfield Church

Yeah, I gather so.   A Google search does say it goes over Hatfield but nothing more.
Maybe more info will be available nearer the time.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #2122 on May 11, 2022, 07:31:38 pm by danumdon »

So will i, she's supposed to be in charge of the barbecue 10 miles away!!

Is it another big, loud jet ?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2123 on May 11, 2022, 07:36:25 pm by drfchound »

So will i, she's supposed to be in charge of the barbecue 10 miles away!!

Is it another big, loud jet ?

Haha, wives see everything though don’t they mate.
And no, it isn’t another jet, it is the Battle of Britain fly past.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #2124 on May 11, 2022, 08:21:35 pm by BobG »
In May?? What are they doing?

BobG

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2125 on May 11, 2022, 08:32:34 pm by drfchound »
Bob, it’s something called Routes of Remembrance, commemorating 77 years since VE Day.
It is happening on weekends from 7th to 20th May at various locations.
I read today that the Spitfire will be flying at 250 feet.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #2126 on May 11, 2022, 10:35:51 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The mother of a Russian soldier killed in action said in response to Putins propaganda of protecting Russia from the west.

"All Putin is protecting is himself, his palaces and his girlfriends"

His empty words about those giving their lives for the motherland...

He just doesn't give a f*ck!

https://youtu.be/VM5nyGhBA1g

Then there's this Ukrainan Army press officer's take on Russia's Victory day. A slightly humorous swipe at the propaganda.

https://youtu.be/HyU_IV_hfUU

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #2127 on May 12, 2022, 12:15:07 pm by glosterred »

[/quote]

And today we had a sub hunter Poseidon out of Lossiemouth over flying Donny, didn’t realise that subs can get up the Don this far. But you live and learn

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2128 on May 12, 2022, 08:34:30 pm by wilts rover »
Really interesting (although long) assessment of current state of play in Ukraine by a US defence analyist.

Well worth a read of it all but spoiler alert, Russians have used up their best equipment and best troops and are growing weaker. Ukraine has lost few troops and is getting better and better equipment from NATO (with more on its way) and getting stronger.

Russia has a maximum four weeks left to make gains before they will start being in serious trouble. At present they are stalemated - if not being pushed back.

https://twitter.com/BrynnTannehill/status/1524760462180683776

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #2129 on May 12, 2022, 10:12:47 pm by BobG »
Thank you Wilts. I'm sure this chap knows a helluva lot more about this stuff than I do. My mind, though, is still stuck in its mid to late 20th C time warp. How can the Russian behemoth not simply crush whatever it chooses to crusjh?!

Lol. It's a whole new world...

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012