Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:21:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ukraine  (Read 220813 times)

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
Re: Ukraine
« Reply #30 on January 31, 2022, 11:54:44 am by Axholme Lion »
Johnson going to have a chat with Putin, war it is then!

I doubt Uncle Vlad gives a toss what that gibbering idiot has to say. Hopefully he'll get the FSB to do us all a favour.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 31, 2022, 03:53:42 pm by Colin C No.3 »

I doubt Uncle Vlad gives a toss what that gibbering idiot has to say. Hopefully he'll get the FSB to do us all a favour.
I think even CDH would approve ‘that’ jab.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 11, 2022, 09:40:32 pm by mushRTID »
This isn’t looking good, bloody scary to be honest.

General consensus from what I’m reading on twitter is that an invasion will happen within days.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 11, 2022, 09:56:37 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Haha. Just seen your post Colin C No.3  :lol:

On Ukraine. I have to admit to being ignorant about world affairs and just wondered (in laymans terms please if you could) what does it mean to us in the UK if Russia do invade Ukraine? And the wider world?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 11, 2022, 11:46:21 pm by River Don »

Haha. Just seen your post Colin C No.3  :lol:

On Ukraine. I have to admit to being ignorant about world affairs and just wondered (in laymans terms please if you could) what does it mean to us in the UK if Russia do invade Ukraine? And the wider world?

Another big jump in the price of gas and petrol is likely. That, I think would be the most immediate impact on the UK. Possibly even blackouts if the Russians cut gas supplies to Western Europe.

The west won't engage Russia in a direct conflict. As in Afghanistan when the Russians invaded, the west will supply the Ukraine resistance with weapons to fight a proxy war.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 12, 2022, 08:06:09 am by Nudga »
Get ready for a massive cyber attack blamed on Russia.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on February 12, 2022, 12:29:21 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Get ready for a massive cyber attack blamed on Russia.
Instead of blaming it on?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on February 12, 2022, 02:59:57 pm by glosterred »
Let remember that 130,000 Russian troops poised to invade and Abbott and Corbyn blame the US and the UK. And there are people on here who would have elected them as the leader and foreign secretary. Thank God the British electorate saw sense

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on February 12, 2022, 05:59:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Let remember that 130,000 Russian troops poised to invade and Abbott and Corbyn blame the US and the UK. And there are people on here who would have elected them as the leader and foreign secretary. Thank God the British electorate saw sense

I fully agree with your comments on Corbyn and Abbott, and have been saying so for years.

However, at the last election, we put into No10 a man who has deliberately refused to investigate direct Russian interference in our own democratic processes.

I said at the time that the choice between Corbyn and Johnson was the worst one in generations, with nether of them fit to be in charge of foreign policy.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 12, 2022, 06:06:09 pm by normal rules »
12 countries from around the World have now told their people in Ukraine to leave now.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 12, 2022, 09:54:26 pm by rich1471 »
Let's face it he will invade Ukraine possible by the middle of next week, He already has stated about the nuclear weapons they have ,It's scary times ahead , we cannot and will not put the army in Ukraine as then he has a reason to blame someone as the reason he sent in army

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 12, 2022, 11:21:40 pm by normal rules »
Here what I think will,happen.
If Russia invades Ukraine, NATO countries will be up in arms. There will be sabre rattling and sanctions. But NATO will not go toe to toe with Russia. Because no one wins this conflict. Like Afghan with no end game. Utter carnage. Human loss on a biblical scale.
Ukraine will be seen as an acceptable loss. And NATO will park  it’s armies once again across the bordering countries. The British Army will go back to Germany, which we should have never left.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on February 12, 2022, 11:30:37 pm by danumdon »
Economic sanctions would never work on the Russians, they have now underpinned so much real estate and finance in London that the west would fail because our Government would allow the oligarchs all the leeway they would want to bypass all sanctions.

We talk the talk but never walk the walk. Our present incompetent incumbent would never allow it.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on February 12, 2022, 11:56:54 pm by drfchound »
The UK withdraws some staff from the embassy in Ukraine.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on February 13, 2022, 12:22:55 am by BillyStubbsTears »
You have to give credit to Putin for his long term strategy.

He massively undermined American resilience by getting the orange madman into the White House.

He massively weakened the EU by helping ensure we left, and fomenting anti-EU opinion in Germany, Italy, France, Netherlands, Hungary etc through financing far-right parties.

He's spent a decade getting the Tory party in his pay through the kleptocrats of Londongrad.

He's wanted a show of strength against Ukraine for 20 years, but he's bided his time while quietly undermining the resistance and will of the West. Now he will unleash the tanks in Europe for the first time in 75 years and bring Ukraine to heel. And there is very little we can do about it.

But the real worry comes when he next turns to the Baltic States. Because if we do nothing about that, NATO is a busted flush and he will quickly impose Russia on the whole of Eastern Europe.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on February 13, 2022, 06:22:22 am by DRFCSouth »
Maybe and hopefully its a maybe, this is all just posturing.

They have 100 000 on the border. For years we have been conducting 'training' exercises in places like Estonia, Poland etc etc.

With some being ex Soviet states it's possible to see why they wouldn't like it. And maybe Ukraine don't need to join NATO.

A lot of accusations both ways, and little listening going on both ways also.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 13, 2022, 09:45:43 am by River Don »
To have wider ambitions in Eastern Europe Putin will first have to subdue Ukraine.

If he tries it, I have a feeling he will find he's in for a long, expensive and bloody grind.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on February 13, 2022, 11:40:11 am by Filo »
Putin is a relic of the old KGB and hankers back to the Soviet era, the Russian people can have a big say in what happens by protesting, I know the state Police will get violent towards them, but change has to happen somewhere

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on February 13, 2022, 11:44:01 am by River Don »
Putin is a relic of the old KGB and hankers back to the Soviet era, the Russian people can have a big say in what happens by protesting, I know the state Police will get violent towards them, but change has to happen somewhere

If Putin does go in, he's taking a big risk in my opinion. A major unpopular war may not go down so well back home. He would need a swift success.

There has been popular unrest in Belarus and Khazakstan. The economic problems aren't only affecting the west.

War is a massive gamble I think.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on February 13, 2022, 12:56:23 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This is a depressingly accurate summary of how badly the West had mismanaged its relationship with the spivs and gangsters in the Kremlin.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/02/lavrov-russia-diplomacy-ukraine/622075/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=share

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on February 13, 2022, 02:40:25 pm by phil old leake »
Putin undermines everyone because he doesn’t care
I imagine he’s losing loads of sleep after being told he shouldn’t invade Ukraine but even if you do we won’t back them up we will just keep telling you to leave and make veiled threats of economical sanctions that can’t be realistically implemented because of the way other countries have allowed the Russians to invest in their infrastructure

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on February 13, 2022, 04:18:22 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Yep. Bit like with China.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on February 14, 2022, 10:48:49 am by River Don »
A couple of typhoon euro fighters flew low over our house yesterday. Bloody loud, they were going a fair old lick. Not a usual occurance. I wonder if there were Russians around the channel or something.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on February 14, 2022, 10:52:05 am by glosterred »
A couple of typhoon euro fighters flew low over our house yesterday. Bloody loud, they were going a fair old lick. Not a usual occurance. I wonder if there were Russians around the channel or something.

Are you sure they were RAF? It was Sunday yesterday after all!

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on February 14, 2022, 11:01:06 am by River Don »

Are you sure they were RAF? It was Sunday yesterday after all!

Think so, they do train in this area, normally you don't see them, they are so high up.

Going low over the houses is unusual. Perhaps it being a Sunday morning suggests it was something out of the ordinary too. Didn't think of that.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on February 14, 2022, 11:21:13 am by Filo »
I remember the two Typhoons creating the sonic booms one evening a few years ago, I thought something had exploded in the street

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on February 14, 2022, 11:59:38 am by DRFCSouth »
Not all RAF knock off early on a Friday.

If they're flying on a Sunday could be Quick Reaction Alert (QRA) who deal with unidentified aircraft.

Could be training also.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on February 14, 2022, 12:27:02 pm by normal rules »
Don’t they get a medal for flying over the channel ?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on February 14, 2022, 12:36:40 pm by selby »
  The Ukraine is just a jousting tool between Russia who are once again feeling their feet again and China in the background waiting to join with them with the Taiwan situation.
  Successive Western Governments have let the situation and the Russians especially manoeuvre into position over the last decade, aided by their fascination of the Green Lobby, I wonder what Greta thinks to this lot, she is noticeable by her absence but is probably while we speak writing a speech to broadcast to the world how polluting tanks are
  The Eu is the weak link in all this with a fractured stance when shove comes to push. The Eastern states have the most to lose Hungary and Poland not at the moment getting what they are in it for, Germany are now a nanny state losing their grip economically, their population fed up of bailing out others financially, and Macron is trying to manoeuvre France into the lead position, a country who have not won a war for hundreds of years so god help them, and basically all the lot and ourselves included are the vassals to the USA for protection.
  Meanwhile our armed forces such as they are are the first lot the EU turn to again when they want something dirty doing while old Gerry hides behind their appeasement since the last war and the French no doubt will be going about trying to  flog anyone with a bit of wonga as many arms as they want while talking a good fight themselves  but get ready for that to last only a couple of days if the fat hits the fan.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on February 14, 2022, 12:49:01 pm by Axholme Lion »
This has all been forced by the West wanting to stand on the Russian border waving their toys around. If for one minute people tried to look at this from the Russian point of view they could see who the real aggressors are.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012