Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 04:38:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ukraine  (Read 234135 times)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Ukraine
« Reply #4920 on November 28, 2023, 12:43:02 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
What unbiased sources of information would you accept BRR?
As ever, nothing is unbiased. There are plenty of places analysing a variety of prime sources. Military Summary channel on YouTube is good at giving a full picture of what's going on, it's analysis can be off, and is Russian biased, but that's easy to work through. With a few of the other channels, mostly somewhat pro Russian, an appreciation of things can be seen. The pro Ukraine channels are understandably less reliable in getting a full perspective, mostly awful to be fair.

So, what have you been watching?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #4921 on November 28, 2023, 02:20:59 pm by glosterred »
As ever, nothing is unbiased. There are plenty of places analysing a variety of prime sources. Military Summary channel on YouTube is good at giving a full picture of what's going on, it's analysis can be off, and is Russian biased, but that's easy to work through. With a few of the other channels, mostly somewhat pro Russian, an appreciation of things can be seen. The pro Ukraine channels are understandably less reliable in getting a full perspective, mostly awful to be fair.

So your knowledge comes from Pro Russian you tube channels which you admit can be off in their analysis and other “mostly somewhat” Pro Russian and Pro Ukrainian one that are “understandably less reliable” and are most awful? And you may wonder why people on this thread don’t take you seriously

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4922 on November 28, 2023, 03:36:17 pm by drfchound »
I have just had a skim read through this threads recent posts ..... and realised why i don't bother checking it out any more.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #4923 on November 28, 2023, 05:33:13 pm by Iberian Red »

So your knowledge comes from Pro Russian you tube channels which you admit can be off in their analysis and other “mostly somewhat” Pro Russian and Pro Ukrainian one that are “understandably less reliable” and are most awful? And you may wonder why people on this thread don’t take you seriously

Glosterred. The post you replied to is so hypocritical that it is an absolute joke.
We all read propaganda media,but BRR. doesn't.
Then he openly admits to it and questions our sources of information!
Hmm.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #4924 on November 28, 2023, 05:34:49 pm by Iberian Red »
I have just had a skim read through this threads recent posts ..... and realised why i don't bother checking it out any more.
But felt a need/pulsation to post what you did.
Why not offer an opinion rather than petty posting like that?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4925 on November 28, 2023, 05:48:02 pm by drfchound »

Welcome back, troll.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4926 on November 28, 2023, 08:23:40 pm by ravenrover »
My post asks the question you could try answering it, but never mind cherub
Clearly answered you. Or are you a wind up merchant? That was the bean point, soothing your paranoia.

To help you, you asked 2 questions. The answer to the  first was already clear in my post. The second question was a blind leap of yours, straight to an insult, missing out the bleedin obvious which is that I'm not pro either external oppressive force.
Insult? For asking a question
My word touchy

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #4927 on November 28, 2023, 10:03:11 pm by Iberian Red »

Welcome back, troll.

Seriously??
Ha,ha. .
You've got some major issues going on.
Time you grew up or spoke to someone.

Maybe try commenting on the thread rather than chucking grenades and swiping from the side with snide remarks.
You have a habit of doing that on every thread.
Maybe time to be a bit more mature in your posting and keep on topic.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4928 on November 28, 2023, 11:11:54 pm by drfchound »

Welcome back, troll.

Seriously??
Ha,ha. .
You've got some major issues going on.
Time you grew up or spoke to someone.

Maybe try commenting on the thread rather than chucking grenades and swiping from the side with snide remarks.
You have a habit of doing that on every thread.
Maybe time to be a bit more mature in your posting and keep on topic.

Honestly, that made me laugh.
It’s getting late, time to go back under your bridge. 
You, Mr Aggressive, talking about snide remarks.
Anyway, it’s late, time for you to go back under your bridge.
There might be some water there for you to do some more phishing.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4929 on November 29, 2023, 01:26:29 am by Bristol Red Rover »

That's not what I said. Anyway, if you have any cred, you can tell me where you get your info from.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4930 on November 29, 2023, 01:28:27 am by Bristol Red Rover »

Glosterred. The post you replied to is so hypocritical that it is an absolute joke.
We all read propaganda media,but BRR. doesn't.
Then he openly admits to it and questions our sources of information!
Hmm.
Your logic is dire - try taking me through that.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4931 on November 29, 2023, 01:29:45 am by Bristol Red Rover »
My post asks the question you could try answering it, but never mind cherub
Clearly answered you. Or are you a wind up merchant? That was the bean point, soothing your paranoia.

To help you, you asked 2 questions. The answer to the  first was already clear in my post. The second question was a blind leap of yours, straight to an insult, missing out the bleedin obvious which is that I'm not pro either external oppressive force.
Insult? For asking a question
My word touchy
I dodn't see a question, bar a wind up merchant comment from a wind up merchant, evidently so.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4932 on November 29, 2023, 01:35:50 am by Bristol Red Rover »
From when I aksed re sources used, so far it appears not one person here is reading anything about Ukraine, yet still feel they can comment. About as in touch as Boris going to Zelensky and telling him not to go with the peace agreement that would have left Ukraine with independance, but to go with guffle and pooof, and baaaa...Boris will protect you. Suckers.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4933 on December 30, 2023, 09:06:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I see Putin is at it again. Salvoes of rockets and drones hitting apartment blocks, shopping centres and hotels in Ukrainian cities.

EDIT:
And a maternity hospital.
https://twitter.com/JimmySecUK/status/1740632880639049808

This sums up the situation:
https://x.com/Chris_D_Steele/status/1740854021433479338?s=20

Either we keep supporting Ukraine and defeat Putin's fascists.

Or, Putin wins. And anyone who thinks he then says "Yep, that's me done. The rest of Europe is safe" is on a different planet.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 09:54:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #4934 on December 31, 2023, 09:45:30 am by i_ateallthepies »
The whole of Europe needs to get its act together and send in every bit of support needed to get this war going unequivocally in Ukraine's favour.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4935 on December 31, 2023, 09:15:03 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
As always, the facts here come slowly, the propaganda quickly. I wonder if BST heard about the Ukrainian missiles fired into a Russian city centre in the daytime on Saturday - ie when civilians are around. Note Russian missiles are sent in at night when civilians aren't around the streets.

In Belgorod, Russia, just 4 kids dead, and a couple of dozen civilians. One Russian military reported injured. Maybe cluster bombs used, not sure of that.

But hey, keep singing the Yankee songs BST. They trained you well.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 09:39:03 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4936 on December 31, 2023, 09:22:12 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
The whole of Europe needs to get its act together and send in every bit of support needed to get this war going unequivocally in Ukraine's favour.
It just ain't gonna happen. For one, Ukraine is running out of man and woman power. Kit is low too.

USA elections coming up. Bulgaria vetoing EU plans, and there will be others objecting too. And, ultimately, Russia isn't going to let up.

Russia has made a clear statement Ukraine having missed the window for negotiations where it will have any say. That's partly Boris there being ass licker to the US and telling Z to not negotiate as NATO has got this. I think that message was written on a bus?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4937 on January 01, 2024, 08:30:38 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Ukraine shelled Central areas of Donetsk with cluster munitions last night.
https://www.barrons.com/news/four-killed-by-ukrainian-shelling-in-moscow-held-donetsk-on-new-year-s-eve-authorities-49bcefb0

In other news, the UK rebel BST has still not managed to bypass his GCHQ Internet filter.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4938 on January 06, 2024, 07:50:09 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
As few of you will be aware, especially those tuned into BST News Corp,  Ukraine is losing progressively badly and is trying to mobilise another 500k "volunteers". They are picking up the "volunteers" in nightclubs, on street corners, and I've just seen a vid of a desperate woman walking through fields with her kids after her hubby "volunteered" to some Ukraine military guys, who stopped them, whilst driving to a Christmas location. She wasn't a driver, hence the desperate plea for help on her video.

One of a great many examples of the volunteering. It would seem that those wanting to fight are mainly already in Bakhmut and Avdika,  and the ones currently "volunteering" might not be so on board with project NATO.  Seems its around 5k dollars for an alternative excursion to Romania etc, tho even those are now being diverted to Bakhmut.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4939 on January 18, 2024, 07:25:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Just in case we forget what Team Putin is like.

https://twitter.com/francis_scarr/status/1747953204690600289

War to purge the country of undesirables and unite The People.

The very definition of ethno-fascism.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4940 on January 18, 2024, 09:55:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Easy to forget just how mind numbingly thick Corbyn is on foreign affairs.

https://twitter.com/FARED_ALHOR/status/1747583842339213377

I say "thick". This is so thick, it really does make you wonder if he is working for the Kremlin.

What message does he think a ceasefire in Ukraine sends to Putin?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #4941 on January 18, 2024, 11:34:43 pm by Colin C No.3 »
It just ain't gonna happen. For one, Ukraine is running out of man and woman power. Kit is low too.

USA elections coming up. Bulgaria vetoing EU plans, and there will be others objecting too. And, ultimately, Russia isn't going to let up.

Russia has made a clear statement Ukraine having missed the window for negotiations where it will have any say. That's partly Boris there being ass licker to the US and telling Z to not negotiate as NATO has got this. I think that message was written on a bus?

Is this you rubbing your hands with glee?

This ‘operation’ by Putin was for what aim? Two years on & correct me if I’m wrong but this was an invasion by Russia on a sovereign state, yes or no?

To what aim? Please enlighten me….seriously. Regard me as a ‘bystander’ from afar trying to understand this aggression from Russia & why it (under Putin’s direction…for want of a better word) decided to attack/invade Ukraine with the obvious aim of subjugating the country within a ‘matter of days’ to then go on to do/claim/threaten who, what?

Two years in which civilians are ALWAYS the victims on both sides in what is a (please let’s not beat about the bush) a war between two countries.

You speak often about US/UK/NATO backing of Ukraine, sometimes you castigate their involvement, sometimes you ‘ridicule’ their seemingly reluctance to contribute more to Ukraines needs be it military hardware, money, or mere statements of solidarity.

Winston Churchill begged, cajoled & pleaded with the USA to join the Alliance during WW11. He realised (as does Zelensky) that without the support of ‘greater powers’ Britain (Ukraine today) could not overcome tyranny.

The ‘States’ did eventually join forces with us in WW11 (granted  the bombing of Pearl Harbour finally opened their eyes) but if that ‘event’ hadn’t happened & the USA had stayed out of that conflict, I think you’d have to agree that you & I would be growing up in a very different Britain today?

And so it is with Ukraine. They hope & look for help from the wider ‘democratic countries’ so that their children & their children’s children grow up in a free Ukraine with all its culture, history & language.

Too simplistic?

« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 11:56:02 pm by Colin C No.3 »

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4942 on January 19, 2024, 02:04:18 am by Bristol Red Rover »
No rubbing of hands here. The devastation and misery is awful. As for the rest of what you say,  think what would happen if Canada was wooed by a foreign power, was cutting ties with the US,  going into an economic and military union with China,  or Russia. Bringing their troops and weapons into Canada. And in the process was making US citizens there second class.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 02:06:30 am by Bristol Red Rover »

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #4943 on January 19, 2024, 10:30:47 am by Colin C No.3 »
No rubbing of hands here. The devastation and misery is awful. As for the rest of what you say,  think what would happen if Canada was wooed by a foreign power, was cutting ties with the US,  going into an economic and military union with China,  or Russia. Bringing their troops and weapons into Canada. And in the process was making US citizens there second class.

?

You’ve lost me.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4944 on January 19, 2024, 01:55:19 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

?

You’ve lost me.
Where?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #4945 on January 19, 2024, 02:26:40 pm by Colin C No.3 »

?

You’ve lost me.
Where?

Are you likening (theoretically speaking) Ukraine to Canada?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4946 on January 19, 2024, 09:35:47 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Yes, and the Russia the neighbour to the US, and then the US/NATO/EU the new allie to China.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4947 on January 19, 2024, 09:48:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

?

You’ve lost me.
Where?

Are you likening (theoretically speaking) Ukraine to Canada?

It'd be a gem of an analogy wouldn't it?

If Canada had been ruled from Washington for centuries

If American Govt policy had led to several million Canadians dying of starvation in the 1930s.

If Greater America had collapsed in 1991, leading to Canada setting up as an independent nation protected by treaty from invasion by America and Russia.

If America had migrated hundreds of thousands of Americans to Nova Scotia over the 20th century, then claimed Nova Scotia was a de facto part of America and invaded.

If rebel Americans in Quebec had shot down a Malaysian Airliner.

If President Biden had given a rambling speech where he said Canada had no right to existence independent of America.

And if America had then launched a fascist-imperialist invasion of Canada.

That would have been a REALLY good analogy.

As it is, it's more like the dog shit that Russian trolls spaff out and useful idiots repeat.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4948 on January 20, 2024, 12:59:53 am by Bristol Red Rover »
There's many more specific details you omit that would make the analogy identical. But let's keep it simple, the basics, the situation, that way it's possible to take a perspective not entrenched in various theories and propaganda - you illustrate well how a one sided script can bias. And then you ignore the obvious.

The basic analogy is how I put it. The prospect of China in Canada, possibly moving atomic weapons there, would get a preemptive response from the US. We have seen this previously from the US as you know.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #4949 on January 20, 2024, 11:21:49 am by Colin C No.3 »
Absolutely no way NATO would put nuclear weapons on Ukraine soil ( if that’s what you’re intimating) that really would give Putin the green light to up the anti.

Where do these ridiculous assumptions of yours come from?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012