Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:51:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson  (Read 75898 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson
« Reply #210 on January 31, 2022, 03:46:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This looks like it could be the cover up to end all cover ups.

The plan, apparently, is to publish all the parts of the Gray report that don't refer to the things that the Met is investigating.

So the redacted report will have no smoking gun.

Then if the Met investigate and report that there is nothing to justify them taking any action, the redacted parts of the Gray report can be shelved as irrelevant.

Is that realistic? Well the Electoral Commission gave the Met a file on illegal use of funds by the Leave side in the 2016 Ref. The Met sat on it for two years, while Johnson was elected, then summarily announced that there was no case to answer. To the best of my knowledge, they have never explained the basis of that decision. And attention moves on.

Here we go. Step 1 of the cover up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60166997

Step 2 will be Johnson crowing next week that he's released the report in full for all to see and as he said all along, there's nothing to see.

Step 3 will be the Met dragging out their investigation for weeks or months until everyone is bored or has forgotten that revulsion they felt when they first heard about Johnson's partying.

Step 4 will be Cressida Dick saying that while there may have been some contraventions of the letter of the law, there's nothing to warrant prosecutions.

Step 5 is Johnson standing up in Parliament saying "I told you all along that I'd been honest on this point. I've been entirely vindicated. But it's clear that there was a culture among staff where the rules were flouted, and I'm disgusted at that. I have sacked several of my No10 team."

Just watch them try to roll it out.

Everyone who applies their brain to this will know it is b*llocks.

But that's not what matters. Johnson is a new breed of politician. We've never had his like before. He has absolutely zero capacity for shame. All that matters to him is power. It doesn't matter to him if people know he's a lying bas**rd. What matters is whether they support him.

If this plan rolls out and he is still supported by a large enough number of voters, he might well survive. And then our democracy truly is off the edge of the cliff.

He's just activated Step 2. He's said in Parliament that Starmer's criticisms are invalid because Sue Gray's report doesn't support them.

It's happening right in front of our eyes.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #211 on January 31, 2022, 03:48:39 pm by normal rules »
Wow. Theresa May now weighing in.
And he totally side swipes the question which was very very key.
His job, right there, in a single question.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #212 on January 31, 2022, 03:49:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
He's also just lied three times in Parliament again.

1) That the Govt is building 40 new hospitals.
2) That if we were in the EU medicines agency, we wouldn't have been able to run our own vaccine programme.
3) That Corbyn would have taken us out of NATO.

Every one a lie. He is totally out of control.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #213 on January 31, 2022, 03:55:11 pm by normal rules »
BlackFord get out! Oh, maybe not.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #214 on January 31, 2022, 03:56:23 pm by normal rules »
He leaves anyway. Dramatic stuff.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #215 on January 31, 2022, 03:56:36 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Andrew Mitchell sticking the boot in too.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #216 on January 31, 2022, 03:59:08 pm by normal rules »
I suspect there will be some employees of downing st becoming very public scapegoats over this. Bojo speaks like he already knows this.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #217 on January 31, 2022, 04:09:19 pm by normal rules »
Another lie. He assured the house he would publish the report in full when it is released. ( now after the police enquiry) He is now not so sure?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #218 on January 31, 2022, 04:14:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
He's just doubled down on his previous lie that no party occurred in his own flat.

Only four possible conclusions:

1) He's just signed his own P45.
2) He knows he's lying and the facts will come out but knows that his party won't make him step down for lying in Parliament.
3) He knows that the Met are going to kick over the traces and that an unredacted Gray report will never emerge, so the truth can be ignored.
4) He's so far deranged, he doesn't care if he lies or not.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #219 on January 31, 2022, 04:19:21 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
David Davies sat on the steps next to Teresa May, looks like they're having an interesting chat.. ;)

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #220 on January 31, 2022, 04:19:45 pm by normal rules »
A member of the opposition touched on offences such as misconduct in a public office and perverting the cse of justice.
He rejected her comments.
He would do wise to take note.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #221 on January 31, 2022, 04:48:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Here's the key part of the Gray report.

Paragraph 13.

At the request of the police I have provided the material compiled in the course of
my investigation relevant to the gatherings that they are now investigating. I have
also been asked to retain all the other information collected in the course of this
work, which I have confirmed that I will do. I will therefore ensure the secure
storage and safekeeping of all the information gathered until such time as it may
be required further. I will not be circulating the information internally within
government,
it has been provided in confidence to the Cabinet Office investigation
team and it is important that this confidence is maintained to protect the integrity of
the process.

To understand this, you have to realise where the cover up now is.

Gray is saying that she has more information than in included in this report. But because Dick has effectively instructed her not to release it, that information is not in the public domain.

Here's the key thing.

If Dick decides that there will be no action taken against Johnson, there is no legal mechanisms whereby Gray on her own can release that information.

She can't pipe up and say "Here's the full report!" on her own initiative.

She can only submit a full and unredacted report if the Govt invite her to.

There is absolutely f**k all chance of Johnson ever doing that. He mumbled today "we'll see when the time comes what we can publish" when asked about that. Which basically means "f**k off."

What Gray is doing here is screaming out of the page. She's saying "More information exists. When Dick and Johnson take steps to ensure that doesn't see the light of day, you will KNOW how damning when. Why wouldn't they release it if it was harmless? When they do refuse to release it, don't let this drop. Hound the bas**rd every time he opens his mouth. Ask him every day why he is not releasing it."

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #222 on January 31, 2022, 04:57:45 pm by Colin C No.3 »
But you’ll just get the usual bluster & blithering.

This ba***rd is bomb proof!!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #223 on January 31, 2022, 05:02:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
At the bottom line, he is only bomb proof if enough voters don't care.

If voters refuse to back him, the Tory party will do away with him.

If voters don't refuse to back him, he'll be right in his judgement that he can lie every time he opens his mouth and it doesn't matter.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #224 on January 31, 2022, 05:26:22 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Is Graham Brady likely to receive 54 letters given we were led to believe disgruntled Tories were waiting for Gray’s report to hang Boris out to dry?

Now the full report has been kicked into the long grass by the Met, yet again ‘Britains answer’ to Donald Trump looks to have been let off the hook.

Apologies for the use of so many idiom’s.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #225 on January 31, 2022, 05:35:46 pm by Filo »
It’s time that our MP’s can call out a lier for what they are rather than the lier hide behind protocol, well done the leader of the SNP for calling him out

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #226 on January 31, 2022, 06:05:04 pm by rtid88 »
But you’ll just get the usual bluster & blithering.

This ba***rd is bomb proof!!

I think Guy Fawkes might be the only answer!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #227 on January 31, 2022, 06:54:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #228 on January 31, 2022, 07:01:24 pm by tyke1962 »
Finest speech Starmer's made yet , absolutely nailed it .

Even the Tories knew he was right on the money , they had to sit and take it because Bunter can't be defended anymore or at least defended in a way that's credible .

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #229 on January 31, 2022, 07:02:22 pm by Filo »
Bojo hits back with the Jimmy saville accusation.
I’ll get the popcorn.
https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-britain-savile-idUSL1N2RP200

I thought it was just a spur of the moment comment cos he was mad, it was actually a pre prepared comment that his advisors advised him not to use, massive own goal in my opinion and shows him for who he really is

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #230 on January 31, 2022, 07:07:30 pm by Filo »
Finest speech Starmer's made yet , absolutely nailed it .

Even the Tories knew he was right on the money , they had to sit and take it because Bunter can't be defended anymore or at least defended in a way that's credible .

Raab sat there as usually, like a nodding dog, Sunak slithered off pretty sharpish, May straight for the throat seeking revenge, one of the Red Wall Tory’s asking him if he thinks he’s a fool. It was brutal for Johnson, if the 54 letters are not in this week, they’ll never go in, and the Conservative party is dead. Starmer doesn’t have to do anything dramatic to be the next PM if Johnson wriggles out of this, he just has to give Johnson more rope to hang himself and the Tory’s

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #231 on January 31, 2022, 07:12:13 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
At the bottom line, he is only bomb proof if enough voters don't care.

If voters refuse to back him, the Tory party will do away with him.

If voters don't refuse to back him, he'll be right in his judgement that he can lie every time he opens his mouth and it doesn't matter.

Bernard Jenkin dropped a very unsubtle hint when he said that Johnson would be judged upon results in the next few months.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #232 on January 31, 2022, 07:19:00 pm by River Don »
So 'the report' turned out to be a five page brief but nonetheless was damning.

We're back to waiting for the full report, which looks like it will take quite sometime. It'll be a wonder if it ever fully sees the light of day. Delay, delay, delay and hope the media and the public will tire of it.

As Glyn points out if the letters don't go in now, they won't... Unless the local elections are a disaster. That might push things again.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #233 on January 31, 2022, 07:35:55 pm by wilts rover »
So in 2 months we have:

There were no parties, the rules were followed
I am furious to discover there were parties
I was at a party but I didn't know it was a party
No one told me I'd repeatedly said parties were against rules
Police are investigating a party hosted in my flat

And don't forget the police have 300 photos of these 'non-parties'

How will anyone ever take him seriously again?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #234 on January 31, 2022, 07:38:12 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Paragraph 13.

At the request of the police I have provided the material compiled in the course of
my investigation relevant to the gatherings that they are now investigating. I have
also been asked to retain all the other information collected in the course of this
storage and safekeeping of all the information gathered until such time as it may
be required further. I will not be circulating the information internally within
government,
team and it is important that this confidence is maintained to protect the integrity of
the process.

Gray is saying that she has more information than in included in this report. But because Dick has effectively instructed her not to release it, that information is not in the public domain.

Here's the key thing.

If Dick decides that there will be no action taken against Johnson, there is no legal mechanisms whereby Gray on her own can release that information.

There is absolutely f**k all chance of Johnson ever doing that. He mumbled today "we'll see when the time comes what we can publish" when asked about that. Which basically means "f**k off."

What Gray is doing here is screaming out of the page. She's saying "More information exists. When Dick and Johnson take steps to ensure that doesn't see the light of day, you will KNOW how damning when. Why wouldn't they release it if it was harmless? When they do refuse to release it, don't let this drop. Hound the bas**rd every time he opens his mouth. Ask him every day why he is not releasing it."

OK, things are developing quickly.

If Johnson was happy to have the full Gray Report published, he would have said so unequivocally in the House today. That would have sounded confident. Instead he mumbled about "seeing what could be published when the time comes".

No10 has now announced they will publish the full report after the Met investigation. Apparently Tory MPs have been threatening to force a no confidence vote now if they didn't get that promise.

He's winging it. He's lost control of the agenda now and he's looking at day-to-day survival. This development really feels like the net closing.

Tory MPs want him out now because they know he is electorally likely to be a liability. But they also know they need proof of just what a Kitson he's been. Otherwise those who move against him will be called traitors by the Johnson supporters. So they need to get the Gray evidence out in the open. Then they can strike. And he's just given in to that. Saved himself today but massively weakened himself down the line.

That's what happens when a career of lying finally catches up with you. Eventually, you run out of options.

His only hope now is that, in the time he's just won, something turns up that increases his popularity with voters.

Expect top of the head populist policies to be sprayed out like cow shit from a muck spreader.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #235 on January 31, 2022, 07:47:08 pm by tyke1962 »
What I want to know is how come you get slung out of parliament for the day for calling Bunter a liar so he can carry on lying ?

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #236 on January 31, 2022, 07:52:39 pm by Filo »
Lol!

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #237 on January 31, 2022, 07:53:24 pm by tyke1962 »

Paragraph 13.

government,
the process.

Here's the key thing.

If Johnson was happy to have the full Gray Report published, he would have said so unequivocally in the House today. That would have sounded confident. Instead he mumbled about "seeing what could be published when the time comes".

No10 has now announced they will publish the full report after the Met investigation. Apparently Tory MPs have been threatening to force a no confidence vote now if they didn't get that promise.

He's winging it. He's lost control of the agenda now and he's looking at day-to-day survival. This development really feels like the net closing.

Tory MPs want him out now because they know he is electorally likely to be a liability. But they also know they need proof of just what a Kitson he's been. Otherwise those who move against him will be called traitors by the Johnson supporters. So they need to get the Gray evidence out in the open. Then they can strike. And he's just given in to that. Saved himself today but massively weakened himself down the line.

That's what happens when a career of lying finally catches up with you. Eventually, you run out of options.

His only hope now is that, in the time he's just won, something turns up that increases his popularity with voters.

Expect top of the head populist policies to be sprayed out like cow shit from a muck spreader.

The key thing to remember Billy is Bunter's biggest crime to these rogues sat behind him is the fact they are heading for a battering at the next election and nowt to do with what he's done .

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #238 on January 31, 2022, 07:55:39 pm by Filo »

Paragraph 13.

government,
the process.

Here's the key thing.

What he’s actually said is when the met have finished their investigation, he will ask Sue Gray to UPDATE her report, so that report as of today will most likely not be the report that will be published

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #239 on January 31, 2022, 08:06:38 pm by Donnywolf »
Don't think there is a hope in hell that IF 54 letters did go in ..... that half the Tory MPs 180 ish would support the no confidence motion

That would be another 126 on top of the 54 roughly ... he'll survive to lie another day or as I often repeat on Twitter he will be able to sing the chorus of his favourite song "The Boxer" by Simon and Garfunkel

LIE LIE LIE

LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE

LIE LIE LIE

TinyPortal © 2005-2012