Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:19:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson  (Read 76006 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson
« Reply #300 on February 01, 2022, 03:40:05 pm by drfchound »
Hound.
Find evidence of me mocking anyone. I hardly ever post on here. Disagree strongly yes.
I didn't fall out with my brother, only nearly.
I feel passionately about Johnson being exposed for what he is, and always has been.
On other subjects I'm not too bothered either way.
And stop calling BST my leader.
Can't help you're usual bit of sh*t stirring can you?

TT, speaking of shit stirring, it was you who brought me into the conversation with your comment below.
You did that with the intention of baiting, which sadly I took this time, so don’t preach on here about shit stirring when you do the exact same thing.
I see that you picked up a like from a troll too.

TT is the kind of person who really puts me off the Labour party
Good

No surprise to see the yapping hound feels the same.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #301 on February 01, 2022, 03:40:38 pm by wilts rover »
Back on the topic of truth, standards and decency in politics.

Raab was wheeled out on R4 this morning to protect Big Dog.

He was asked if he would dare repeat Johnson's disgusting dig that Starmer had protected Jimmy Savile. Bearing in mind that you can't be prosecuted for slander for what you say in the House, but you can if you repeat it outside.

Raab declined.

The interviewer asked him if he would therefore criticise Johnson for saying it in Parliament.

Can you guess how he replied?

He said accusations like that were (and I quote) "part of the cut and thrust of Parliamentary debate."

Just read that again.

The Deputy PM things wrongly accusing your opponent of protecting a serial paedophile is fair game.

Imagine senior people in the Thatcher or Major or even Cameron Govts acting like this? What the f**king hell has happened to standards? Truth? Common f**king decency?

Nye Bevan was nearly right all those years ago. SOME Tories truly are lower than vermin.
What’s the difference between that and ‘Scumgate’?

One of them made a comment in public and took full responsibilty and any consequences that came from it.

The other refused to either repeat or disclaim a known far-right lie in public, despite several promtings.

And it will get worse - history tells us that.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #302 on February 01, 2022, 03:49:16 pm by belton rover »

He was asked if he would dare repeat Johnson's disgusting dig that Starmer had protected Jimmy Savile. Bearing in mind that you can't be prosecuted for slander for what you say in the House, but you can if you repeat it outside.

Raab declined.

The interviewer asked him if he would therefore criticise Johnson for saying it in Parliament.

He said accusations like that were (and I quote) "part of the cut and thrust of Parliamentary debate."

Just read that again.

The Deputy PM things wrongly accusing your opponent of protecting a serial paedophile is fair game.

Imagine senior people in the Thatcher or Major or even Cameron Govts acting like this? What the f**king hell has happened to standards? Truth? Common f**king decency?

Nye Bevan was nearly right all those years ago. SOME Tories truly are lower than vermin.

One of them made a comment in public and took full responsibilty and any consequences that came from it.

The other refused to either repeat or disclaim a known far-right lie in public, despite several promtings.

As I explained to Filo, Wilts, my point was about her fellow party members’ responses when asked by the media, which was the point of Billy’s post.
For the record, I agree with what Billy said about Raab, but I felt the hypocrisy needed highlighting.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #303 on February 01, 2022, 03:53:32 pm by wilts rover »
My older brother voted Tory for the first time at the last election, simply because he was seduced by the Johnson rhetoric and charm.

We nearly fell out as I called him a fool, telling him that Johnson was a liar and a charlatan who couldn't lay straight in in bed.

Well he rang me tonight and apologised for his mistake, which is massive for him as he's always known better than me in his opinion.

Who knows, BB might be next.

Maybe he just felt there was no point in having rational debate with you because you believe that anyone who doesn’t think like you is a fool.

Look, I among many others knew what Johnson was like and predicted it at the time and told my brother then.
Ive been wrong and foolish on many occasions but on this occasion he was and I told him so.
Doesn't mean him, or you for that matter, are serial fools.

Here's a serious problem.

When we try to discuss things in here, the interaction frequently goes down a rabbit hole of which this is a perfect example.

Examples are given of where people got specific calls wrong (believing Brexit would be economically beneficial, believing Johnson would be an honest, decent PM). Then that gets extrapolated by people who don't like that argument into somehow meaning that the person making it thinks everything the other side believes is stupid or knowingly held in bad faith.

It destroys grown up discussion, because it immediately puts people in opposing trenches where they refuse to listen to anything the other side puts forward.
Johnson has had the most difficult job as PM in history. He hasn't had the chance to show his true effectiveness yet.

How do we know yet that Brexit won't be economically beneficial to us?

You see, No, in fact, you don't see, there are so many things you use as ammunition for your attacks that are so misleading, it's hard to know where to begin.

Maybe sometimes you'd be better just firing offensive insults and skipping the bullshit.

Rubbish. Four of them fought World War's in the last century, one of them facing serious threat of invasion with few allies. Blair faced the breakdown of the country's banks and everyone losing their money, Wilson and Heath, oil crises, Major and Thatcher, massive unemployment and home financial crises.

How many of them would have skipped COBRA meetings to write a book? Ignored WHO advice to lockdown and introduce testing?

He has faced exactly the same problems as every other leader in the world at this time, with arguably greater resources than most of them. He is up there with Trump and Bolsanaro in his response, ignoring the public and looking after his cronies.

He is a totally out of his depth liar. Churchill and Thatcher will be looking down in shame.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #304 on February 01, 2022, 03:56:38 pm by wilts rover »

Raab declined.

Just read that again.

As I explained to Filo, Wilts, my point was about her fellow party members’ responses when asked by the media, which was the point of Billy’s post.
For the record, I agree with what Billy said about Raab, but I felt the hypocrisy needed highlighting.

Sorry Belton, point taken. Definately a lot of unhappiness with callers, who said they were Tory members (in some cases about to be ex-members) about Johnson's comments today.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #305 on February 01, 2022, 04:28:21 pm by foxbat »
The Jimmy Saville slur is like the £350m a week. It doesn't matter that it's an appalling lie, he just wants people to talk about it and then it becomes believed. Shameful.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #306 on February 01, 2022, 04:30:38 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Raab declined.

Just read that again.

Rayner has said it outside of the House, Raab daren’t repeat Johnsons words outside of the House

Filo

I'd hazard a guess that Belton is having a pop at my choice of phrase and comparing that to what Rayner said.

For the record, I stand by what I said. For senior politicians to make false accusations that another politician knowingly chose to protect a paedophile, and for that to be passed off as "Parliamentary cut and thrust" is utterly disgusting and it needs calling out as such.

EDIT. Just seen Belton's response to Wilts, so hands up - I misread what he was saying.

So the comparison is Rayner vs Johnson and the reaction of colleagues.

1) Rayner was calling "scum" comment was aimed at a party that elected a man who had a history of unretracted racist statements to his name, and had publicly called gay men "tank top wearing bum boys". Rayner offered to retract her statement if Johnson did.

2) I personally thought she was stupid to use such an insult, and absolutely stupid to apply it to all Tories, but to be frank, is difficult to argue that it doesn't apply to Johnson's career long behaviour.

3) Starmer didn't defend Rayner. he publicly rebuked her and smacked her down over the next few weeks.

4) Comparing any of the above to the PM chucking out a revolting untrue slur under Parliamentary Privilege, then having his deputy condone it is what you do when you are determined to take bothsidesism to the edge of credulity.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 04:42:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #308 on February 01, 2022, 05:06:06 pm by belton rover »

Raab declined.

Just read that again.

Rayner has said it outside of the House, Raab daren’t repeat Johnsons words outside of the House

Filo

I'd hazard a guess that Belton is having a pop at my choice of phrase and comparing that to what Rayner said.

For the record, I stand by what I said. For senior politicians to make false accusations that another politician knowingly chose to protect a paedophile, and for that to be passed off as "Parliamentary cut and thrust" is utterly disgusting and it needs calling out as such.

EDIT. Just seen Belton's response to Wilts, so hands up - I misread what he was saying.

So the comparison is Rayner vs Johnson and the reaction of colleagues.

1) Rayner was calling "scum" comment was aimed at a party that elected a man who had a history of unretracted racist statements to his name, and had publicly called gay men "tank top wearing bum boys". Rayner offered to retract her statement if Johnson did.

2) I personally thought she was stupid to use such an insult, and absolutely stupid to apply it to all Tories, but to be frank, is difficult to argue that it doesn't apply to Johnson's career long behaviour.

3) Starmer didn't defend Rayner. he publicly rebuked her and smacked her down over the next few weeks.

4) Comparing any of the above to the PM chucking out a revolting untrue slur under Parliamentary Privilege, then having his deputy condone it is what you do when you are determined to take bothsidesism to the edge of credulity.
Don’t hazard guesses, Billy. You just make yourself look silly.

Either engage with my posts or don’t. I couldn’t care less.

But this commenting on what I might have said via another poster is probably the most childish thing I’ve seen on here. This from someone who reckons all he wants is grown up debate.

What’s next?

“Filo. Tell belton he smells”

Or

“Tommy. belton’s mam’s ugly, pass it on.

For f**k’s sake, grow up.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 05:43:14 pm by belton rover »

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #309 on February 01, 2022, 05:10:49 pm by tommy toes »
Hound.
Find evidence of me mocking anyone. I hardly ever post on here. Disagree strongly yes.
I feel passionately about Johnson being exposed for what he is, and always has been.

TT, speaking of shit stirring, it was you who brought me into the conversation with your comment below.
You did that with the intention of baiting, which sadly I took this time, so don’t preach on here about shit stirring when you do the exact same thing.

Good

I wouldn't have mentioned you at all if you hadn't liked Ldr's post.
I had no intention to bait you.
Couldn't care less what you post.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #310 on February 01, 2022, 05:51:48 pm by drfchound »
Hound.

Good

I wouldn't have mentioned you at all if you hadn't liked Ldr's post.
I had no intention to bait you.
Couldn't care less what you post.

So because I liked (actually did like) what ldr has posted you decided to call me yappy hound.
Childish and pathetic.
As your leader often says, grow up.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 05:58:11 pm by drfchound »

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #311 on February 01, 2022, 06:26:57 pm by tommy toes »
So when the most unoriginal, boring trolling poster likes a post that disparages me I should not respond eh?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #312 on February 01, 2022, 06:30:50 pm by drfchound »
So when the most unoriginal, boring trolling poster likes a post that disparages me I should not respond eh?

Or to put it another way, you feel that you have the right to do the same to me because I like what another poster has written.
There are too many posters like you on this forum.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #313 on February 01, 2022, 06:42:45 pm by tommy toes »
And that's why I called you the yapping hound. You run along at the side of others egging them on.
Nothing constructive to say for yourself.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #314 on February 01, 2022, 09:40:24 pm by SydneyRover »
Marina Hyde

''Let’s begin with some real talk. The prime minister is under police investigation for multiple breaches of his own Covid laws. At least four gatherings or parties in which Boris Johnson was directly involved are being probed by the Met, including one in his private flat. In total, police are investigating 12 potentially law-breaking Downing Street parties which took place after the British people had been ordered – BY HIM – to live under the most draconian restrictions imposed in peacetime. The Global Britain that Johnson promised saw him yesterday bin off a call to the Russian president, who is apparently on the brink of an invasion, so that he could explain that he needs to wait for police officers to decide if he went to an illicit party in his own home. The Conservative MPs somehow able to make their peace with all this increasingly resemble cult members accepting the latest transparent lies and failures of a cult leader''

there's more .........

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/feb/01/wine-fridges-tory-party-kool-aid

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #315 on February 01, 2022, 10:30:00 pm by drfchound »
And that's why I called you the yapping hound. You run along at the side of others egging them on.

Still picking up the stainy troll.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #316 on February 01, 2022, 10:36:33 pm by Filo »

Knew I’d get the bite, but that aside you done this before with me, the difference is you cry like a baby when you’re pulled up about it, and TT is correct, you’re like the little kid running with the big boys egging them on, nothing else to say, just keep chipping in, it’s pathetic!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #317 on February 01, 2022, 10:44:00 pm by drfchound »

Knew I’d get the bite, but that aside you done this before with me, the difference is you cry like a baby when you’re pulled up about it, and TT is correct, you’re like the little kid running with the big boys egging them on, nothing else to say, just keep chipping in, it’s pathetic!

Confirming your status as a WUM then Filo, fishing for bites.
At least I liked a post for genuinely liking what a poster had written, not fishing like you have admitted to.

I don’t give a flying f**k what you and your cronies think, you are like the politicians, all the same.
Grow up.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #318 on February 02, 2022, 12:03:39 am by tommy toes »
My older brother voted Tory for the first time at the last election, simply because he was seduced by the Johnson rhetoric and charm.

We nearly fell out as I called him a fool, telling him that Johnson was a liar and a charlatan who couldn't lay straight in in bed.

Well he rang me tonight and apologised for his mistake, which is massive for him as he's always known better than me in his opinion.

Who knows, BB might be next.

Maybe he just felt there was no point in having rational debate with you because you believe that anyone who doesn’t think like you is a fool.

Look, I among many others knew what Johnson was like and predicted it at the time and told my brother then.
Ive been wrong and foolish on many occasions but on this occasion he was and I told him so.
Doesn't mean him, or you for that matter, are serial fools.

Here's a serious problem.

When we try to discuss things in here, the interaction frequently goes down a rabbit hole of which this is a perfect example.

Examples are given of where people got specific calls wrong (believing Brexit would be economically beneficial, believing Johnson would be an honest, decent PM). Then that gets extrapolated by people who don't like that argument into somehow meaning that the person making it thinks everything the other side believes is stupid or knowingly held in bad faith.

It destroys grown up discussion, because it immediately puts people in opposing trenches where they refuse to listen to anything the other side puts forward.
Johnson has had the most difficult job as PM in history. He hasn't had the chance to show his true effectiveness yet.

How do we know yet that Brexit won't be economically beneficial to us?

You see, No, in fact, you don't see, there are so many things you use as ammunition for your attacks that are so misleading, it's hard to know where to begin.

Maybe sometimes you'd be better just firing offensive insults and skipping the bullshit.

Rubbish. Four of them fought World War's in the last century, one of them facing serious threat of invasion with few allies. Blair faced the breakdown of the country's banks and everyone losing their money, Wilson and Heath, oil crises, Major and Thatcher, massive unemployment and home financial crises.

How many of them would have skipped COBRA meetings to write a book? Ignored WHO advice to lockdown and introduce testing?

He has faced exactly the same problems as every other leader in the world at this time, with arguably greater resources than most of them. He is up there with Trump and Bolsanaro in his response, ignoring the public and looking after his cronies.

He is a totally out of his depth liar. Churchill and Thatcher will be looking down in shame.

Can't let this pass without again referencing the great Clement Atlee.

From the ruins of the second world war he along with Bevan, Bevin and Morrison, transformed this counrty for ordinary working people, with the foundation of the NHS and the Welfare state while keeping the warring factions within the Labour Party in check for 20 years.
He was a great and humble man, and people like Johnson besmirch the office he graced

For an overview of 20th century life and politics there is no better read than Citizen Clem by John Bew.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #319 on February 02, 2022, 12:07:37 am by SydneyRover »
I think you are being overly generous there TT, johson has shat on the office of PM, shat on parliament and shat all over the good people of Britain.

Ldr

• Forum Member

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #321 on February 02, 2022, 09:40:47 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Surely it should be "You gotta fight...for the right...to hold a work meeting"?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #322 on February 02, 2022, 09:42:01 am by normal rules »
Another couple of tories have publicly stated they have their letters in to the 1922.
Tobias Elwood the latest

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #323 on February 02, 2022, 09:44:14 am by SydneyRover »
Future PM material?

''Johnson has nothing to apologise for over Savile comments, says Gove
Minister defends PM after remarks that Keir Starmer failed to prosecute broadcaster while head of CPS''

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #325 on February 02, 2022, 05:40:13 pm by wilts rover »
Ladies and gentleman your Prime Minister - not even trusted to take official papers with him

https://twitter.com/RupertMyers/status/1488894770776879108

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #326 on February 02, 2022, 05:40:55 pm by River Don »
Three more letters of no confidence today.

The confidence is starting to slide away now.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #327 on February 02, 2022, 06:43:22 pm by drfchound »
It won’t be too long now.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #328 on February 02, 2022, 07:39:39 pm by belton rover »
How many letters are needed?

Ldr

• Forum Member