Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:37:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson  (Read 75902 times)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson
« Reply #330 on February 02, 2022, 08:23:56 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Future PM material?

''Johnson has nothing to apologise for over Savile comments, says Gove
Minister defends PM after remarks that Keir Starmer failed to prosecute broadcaster while head of CPS''

I can't wait for Boris to repeat the allegation outside the House Of Commons.

But the coward won't, of course.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #331 on February 02, 2022, 09:14:07 pm by normal rules »
54 or around that number I think

Yep 54 needed. Reports are that 17 Tory MPs have submitted theirs. The Tory back benchers are as good as rovers at clocking up points.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #332 on February 03, 2022, 07:07:11 am by Donnywolf »
What would happen then though ?

A vote of confidence in Johnson .... but would it simply be passed because on top of the 54 MPs submitting letters another 126 [ish] would have to join them to force a Leadership contest ?

OR do loads of them willingly join the anti Johnson gang. They might be lying low now unwilling to rock the boat and look traitors but they might get "brave" if they get chance

Personally I have no idea but just getting to 54 Letters wouldnt mean he was gone

He cant run for Leader again in short term - maybe never

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #333 on February 03, 2022, 03:16:26 pm by normal rules »

A vote of confidence in Johnson .... but would it simply be passed because on top of the 54 MPs submitting letters another 126 [ish] would have to join them to force a Leadership contest ?

OR do loads of them willingly join the anti Johnson gang. They might be lying low now unwilling to rock the boat and look traitors but they might get "brave" if they get chance

Personally I have no idea but just getting to 54 Letters wouldnt mean he was gone

If 54 submit their letters then it invokes an overall vote amongst the tories.
If he wins this he is secure for another year.
If he doesn’t, it goes to a leadership bun fight.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #334 on February 03, 2022, 04:33:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
One of the most important aides in No10, Munir Mirza, has resigned in protest at Johnson's shit-slinging over the Savile case.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/exclusive-boris-s-policy-chief-quits-over-jimmy-savile-slur

Telling that there are still people in here who cannot find it in themselves to criticise that disgusting bit of gutter politics.

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #335 on February 03, 2022, 04:34:06 pm by ChrisBx »
One of Johnson's closest advisors, Munira Mirza, has resigned following Johnson's reprehensible comments about the Jimmy Savile case. Her letter of resignation is damning also.

The tide is certainly turning against Johnson. I suspect a few more letters will be making their way to the chair of the 1922 Committee over the next couple of days.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #336 on February 03, 2022, 04:53:22 pm by belton rover »
One of the most important aides in No10, Munir Mirza, has resigned in protest at Johnson's shit-slinging over the Savile case.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/exclusive-boris-s-policy-chief-quits-over-jimmy-savile-slur

Telling that there are still people in here who cannot find it in themselves to criticise that disgusting bit of gutter politics.
Do you really expect everyone ‘on here’ to type out their criticism of anything you mention, otherwise it will be assumed they think the opposite?
Do you realise just how many people ‘on here’ have not typed their criticism of that statement, regardless of their views?
Do you really believe that anyone who hasn’t criticised believes Johnson was right to say what he said?

Or was this just another attempt to play the WUM to one or two posters, probably just one?

I know which one my money’s on.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #337 on February 03, 2022, 06:40:01 pm by wilts rover »
One of Johnson's closest advisors, Munira Mirza, has resigned following Johnson's reprehensible comments about the Jimmy Savile case. Her letter of resignation is damning also.

The tide is certainly turning against Johnson. I suspect a few more letters will be making their way to the chair of the 1922 Committee over the next couple of days.

There are people on here who have never criticised Johnson. But they will attack people who do.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #338 on February 03, 2022, 06:44:06 pm by wilts rover »
Mizra's husband also works in No.10 (apparently the guy behind the 'War on Woke') but is also a big friend of Sunak. The news about Mizra was broken by the editor of the spectator, husband of Alegra Stratton, who is also a friend of Sunak.

“The palace coup is underway” said a source close to them. “The firing squad is assembling”.

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1489265601688137728

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #339 on February 03, 2022, 06:52:24 pm by drfchound »

Do you really expect everyone ‘on here’ to type out their criticism of anything you mention, otherwise it will be assumed they think the opposite?
Do you realise just how many people ‘on here’ have not typed their criticism of that statement, regardless of their views?
Do you really believe that anyone who hasn’t criticised believes Johnson was right to say what he said?

Or was this just another attempt to play the WUM to one or two posters, probably just one?

I know which one my money’s on.

I totally agree with you belton.
Not everyone who dislikes Johnson will bother writing on here.
There are fewer and fewer people posting anyway because posts like that one by bst.
Ps: I have already passed my opinion of what Johnson should be doing now.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #340 on February 03, 2022, 07:49:48 pm by wilts rover »
3 more gone then.

Is this the first case of a dead cat causing rats to leave a sinking ship?

(Would like to take credit but nicked that from the internet btw)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #341 on February 03, 2022, 08:29:49 pm by SydneyRover »
this latest round all because Starmer gave him a lesson in reality at PMQs and a kneejerk response from a wounded johnson resulting further loss of cred and supporters ........ this from a man who is going to change and turn things around?

Oh. and a feeble attempt to row back on it, too late, much too late.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 08:32:45 pm by SydneyRover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #342 on February 03, 2022, 08:36:08 pm by SydneyRover »
''Four senior aides to Boris Johnson resign from No 10''

An avalanche

Get out and take the blame with you
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 08:43:57 pm by SydneyRover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #343 on February 03, 2022, 08:55:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hard to see him surviving this.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #344 on February 03, 2022, 09:07:29 pm by Filo »

We keep saying this, but he has no shame, I’m sure if he’s kicked out he’ll refuse to leave Downing street

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #345 on February 03, 2022, 09:10:13 pm by belton rover »

We keep saying this, but he has no shame, I’m sure if he’s kicked out he’ll refuse to leave Downing street
And then get his supporters to storm parliament and start a civil war.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #346 on February 03, 2022, 09:22:28 pm by Filo »

And then get his supporters to storm parliament and start a civil war.

I wouldn’t rule anything out with him

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #347 on February 03, 2022, 10:16:51 pm by Colin C No.3 »
''Four senior aides to Boris Johnson resign from No 10''

An avalanche

Get out and take the blame with you
Now “..the bodies pile high” Boris, pile high on top of you.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #348 on February 03, 2022, 10:32:50 pm by rich1471 »
They will try and spin it ,Boris said he would make changes , look how fast it has happened , this will not be his fault as well

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #349 on February 03, 2022, 11:47:53 pm by SydneyRover »
Munira Mirza

''You are aware of the reason for my decision: I believe it was wrong for you to imply this week that Keir Starmer was personally responsible for allowing Jimmy Savile to escape justice. There was no fair or reasonable basis for that assertion. This was not the normal cut-and-thrust of politics; it was an inappropriate and partisan reference to a horrendous case of child sex abuse. You tried to clarify your position today but, despite my urging, you did not apologise for the misleading impression you gave'' .....................

.................. ''Even now, I hope you find it in yourself to apologise for a grave error of judgement made under huge pressure. I appreciate that our political culture is not forgiving when people say sorry, but regardless, it is the right thing to do. It is not too late for you but, I’m sorry to say, it is too late for me''

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #350 on February 04, 2022, 12:56:16 am by River Don »
The Telegraphs top headline tonight is... The party is over, it's time to resign.

It goes without saying he won't, in fact he's planning on remaining in post until 2030. The Tory party need to kick him out now before he can do much more damage.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #351 on February 04, 2022, 03:30:39 am by SydneyRover »
The Telegraphs top headline tonight is... The party is over, it's time to resign.

It goes without saying he won't, in fact he's planning on remaining in post until 2030. The Tory party need to kick him out now before he can do much more damage.

You can bet that headline won't be there in the morning RD

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #352 on February 04, 2022, 05:56:31 am by Donnywolf »

Hi NR - yes I was really asking what people thought if the 54 letters went in

Would they be the only dissenters and get nowhere near the 50pc they needed for Voc

Or

Would they having seen the opportunity to pile on to force a voc ?

KeithMyath

• Forum Member
« Reply #353 on February 04, 2022, 07:41:39 am by KeithMyath »
It must be hard for Tory MPs having been  completely implicit in Boris lies and mis deeds. To go from complete self sacrificing support to possible career ending betrayal to send in that letter. Most MP,s who fall on their swords and do the right thing rarely are seen as martyr's, it's a shame their isn't more examples of MP's doing just that who go on to become more prominent.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #354 on February 04, 2022, 08:39:04 am by Filo »
Another resignation this morning

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #355 on February 04, 2022, 08:50:11 am by normal rules »

Would they be the only dissenters and get nowhere near the 50pc they needed for Voc

Or

If the 54 threshold is met, I reckon it will open the floodgates. Create an environment where other Tory MPs feel safer to tread.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #356 on February 04, 2022, 08:58:36 am by SydneyRover »
Agree with that one

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #357 on February 04, 2022, 09:17:02 am by Donnywolf »

Or

If the 54 threshold is met, I reckon it will open the floodgates. Create an environment where other Tory MPs feel safer to tread.

... my thoughts exactly. From hiding "safely" in the shadows they could rush into the light [safety in numbers]

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #358 on February 04, 2022, 09:17:54 am by drfchound »

Or

I think that is very fair NR.
Boris is increasingly looking like toast as each week passes by.
The point about Tory MPs needing to feel safer before committing themselves to voting to remove Boris is probably what is happening.
Most people wouldn’t want to be seen going against their leader and having to suffer the consequences later if things didn't go the way they had wanted.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #359 on February 04, 2022, 10:20:41 am by Donnywolf »
.... or look like they can't be trusted in the future if Sunak or whoever takes over and the MP is hoping to be " spotted" when he does and has eyes on a Ministry SO State job

I am sure there is lots of positioning going off and posturing

Sunak for instance with this mornings reported Sun statement looking like an "I'm your man" notification imo

TinyPortal © 2005-2012