Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:14:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson  (Read 75949 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson
« Reply #450 on February 07, 2022, 07:50:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
So. No bias there then from BB.

And no understanding of the economic policy that Labour's Shadow Chancellor had been setting out over the last few months.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #451 on February 07, 2022, 07:52:17 pm by SydneyRover »
Major and May might have been dull, but they were leaders with policies. Starmer is just a prosecutor with no policies, and from what I've seen he's pretty shite at prosecuting too.

Major sleeze, is that the man you are referring too, has quite a bit in common with johnson?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #452 on February 07, 2022, 07:54:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Yes the fascists seem to think so to BB. You must be so proud

https://twitter.com/PoliticsJOE_UK/status/1490754883724713987

Steady on Wilts. Maybe it's just a bunch of decent folk showing how loyal they are to Johnson.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #453 on February 07, 2022, 08:14:29 pm by SydneyRover »
I mean, obviously the best way to reassure us the party is over, is to do it in the form of a disco anthem.

or this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA7wXVfTWA0

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #454 on February 07, 2022, 08:28:53 pm by SydneyRover »
Johnson has been caught out republishing the magna carta and claiming it as a new bill of rights.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #455 on February 07, 2022, 08:41:31 pm by Filo »
Major and May might have been dull, but they were leaders with policies. Starmer is just a prosecutor with no policies, and from what I've seen he's pretty shite at prosecuting too.

Any particular case he was shite at?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #456 on February 07, 2022, 08:42:52 pm by drfchound »
Johnson has been caught out republishing the magna carta and claiming it as a new bill of rights.

Have you got a link to that.
 :lol:

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #457 on February 07, 2022, 08:52:33 pm by belton rover »

Have you got a link to that.
 :lol:

Not a chance. As you might expect to associate with Sydney - it’s the missing link.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #458 on February 07, 2022, 09:11:26 pm by Bentley Bullet »

I'm referring to his role as prosecutor to the Tories at the despatch box.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #459 on February 07, 2022, 09:15:39 pm by SydneyRover »

Sounds a bit hound, what I write means what want it to mean

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #460 on February 07, 2022, 09:46:46 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Sounds a bit hound, what I write means what want it to mean

"Humpty Dumpty took the book and looked at it carefully. 'That seems to be done right —' he began.

'You're holding it upside down!' Alice interrupted.

'To be sure I was!' Humpty Dumpty said gaily as she turned it round for him. 'I thought it looked a little queer. As I was saying, that seems to be done right — though I haven't time to look it over thoroughly just now — and that shows that there are three hundred and sixty-four days when you might get un-birthday presents —'

'Certainly,' said Alice.

'And only one for birthday presents, you know. There's glory for you!'

'I don't know what you mean by "glory",' Alice said.

Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. 'Of course you don't — till I tell you. I meant "there's a nice knock-down argument for you!"'

'But "glory" doesn't mean "a nice knock-down argument",' Alice objected.

'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less."

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #461 on February 07, 2022, 09:56:29 pm by Bentley Bullet »
"Alice?" Who the f**k is "Alice?"

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #462 on February 09, 2022, 10:42:04 am by SydneyRover »
just as you think it has died down ..... it flares up again, I thought maybe when ridicule became as prevalent as anger it was time, but now abandonment of brand johnson by sponsors is mounting up, when major sponsors abandon ship it has to be close.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #463 on February 09, 2022, 12:25:34 pm by rich1471 »
Another photo has emerged on the 15th of December 2020 surrounded by beer ,food and with Boris having tinsel on him ,This is not one of the parties already been investigated

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #464 on February 09, 2022, 02:10:38 pm by River Don »
The latest work event picture features an open bottle of Veuve Clicquot, tinsel, a santa hat and if you look closely a security camera wrapped in fabric, perhaps a scarf.

Nothing suspect there then. Veueve Cliquot being a standard, everyday office champagne.

Apparently this one isn't conclusive enough for the investigation to bother with.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #465 on February 09, 2022, 02:51:30 pm by rich1471 »
The latest work event picture features an open bottle of Veuve Clicquot, tinsel, a santa hat and if you look closely a security camera wrapped in fabric, perhaps a scarf.

Nothing suspect there then. Veueve Cliquot being a standard, everyday office champagne.

Apparently this one isn't conclusive enough for the investigation to bother with.
Its the way the crisps are open for all to share and it looks like a black plastic bag covering the camera

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #466 on February 09, 2022, 05:53:33 pm by River Don »
Radio 5 are saying the police have decided they need to look into this event after all.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #467 on February 09, 2022, 08:52:02 pm by SydneyRover »
This is the way of the tory party under johnson, those that defend him and events end up looking like dicks

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #468 on February 09, 2022, 09:05:01 pm by idler »
The amazing thing is that surely he must have known about events that he did attend and seen others taking pictures?
To deny knowing about them or attending them just makes him look an even bigger fool.
It was like Chemical Ali denying American tanks being in Baghdad when they were in shot behind him as he spoke.

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #469 on February 09, 2022, 09:07:36 pm by Branton Red »
According to Tory MP and new Leader of the Commons Mark Spencer 'real people' in the 'real world' don't care about No. 10s lockdown parties.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60318610

As a real person who, unlike Mr Spencer, lives in the real world I beg to differ.

Assuming the PM hangs on that long Mr Spencer, I suspect, will be in for a shock when the results from the upcoming local elections are declared.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #470 on February 09, 2022, 09:32:53 pm by SydneyRover »
Yep everyday people have had enough

''According to Ipsos Mori polling, 65% of voters in Britain were already dissatisfied with Johnson back in December; today that figure stands at 70%. Even among Tory voters – of whom there are fewer to pick from now than before – dissatisfaction with Johnson went up from 28% to 34% in the same period. Another Ipsos Mori poll, conducted only a week ago, found just 14% of all voters think Johnson is an honest person (72% think he is not), while a mere 18% say he is a prime minister they can be proud of. He trails both Keir Starmer and Rishi Sunak on one leadership yardstick after another''

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/feb/09/reboot-reshuffle-boris-johnson-finished-thatcher-downfall

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #471 on February 09, 2022, 10:03:39 pm by scawsby steve »
The amazing thing is that surely he must have known about events that he did attend and seen others taking pictures?
To deny knowing about them or attending them just makes him look an even bigger fool.
It was like Chemical Ali denying American tanks being in Baghdad when they were in shot behind him as he spoke.

Sorry to be my usual pedantic self, Idler, but it was "Comical Ali" who said that. He was the clown, whereas Chemical Ali was the bad guy, and was executed.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #472 on February 09, 2022, 10:07:22 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Johnson has announced today that he plans to remove the requirement to self-isolate if you test positive for COVID.

Note: There's no-one from SAGE supporting this.

But it was received with cheers by the people who really matter, and who it was aimed at. The swivel eyed loons on the Tory backbenches, who are the ones who will decide Johnson's fate.

Let's be absolutely clear about this: people WILL die as a result of this decision.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #473 on February 09, 2022, 10:34:07 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
According to Tory MP and new Leader of the Commons Mark Spencer 'real people' in the 'real world' don't care about No. 10s lockdown parties.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60318610

As a real person who, unlike Mr Spencer, lives in the real world I beg to differ.

Assuming the PM hangs on that long Mr Spencer, I suspect, will be in for a shock when the results from the upcoming local elections are declared.

So that's most of the country who apparently aren't 'real people' living in the 'real world'. Way to go to alienate the people whose votes you rely on.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #474 on February 10, 2022, 03:01:29 am by SydneyRover »
Johnson has announced today that he plans to remove the requirement to self-isolate if you test positive for COVID.

But it was received with cheers by the people who really matter, and who it was aimed at. The swivel eyed loons on the Tory backbenches, who are the ones who will decide Johnson's fate.

Let's be absolutely clear about this: people WILL die as a result of this decision.

And when will it happen? around the same time as the 50 or so questionnaires are handed back to the police.

just sayin' like

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #475 on February 10, 2022, 09:36:06 am by Colin C No.3 »

No surprise there really from a man who said ‘I would rather see bodies stacked up in the street than go into another hard lockdown’.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #476 on February 10, 2022, 09:52:11 am by ravenrover »
Please answer truthfully seems to be the request from the Met on the questionnaire. No need to send The Johnsons one then

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #477 on February 10, 2022, 01:40:40 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

People will die if he made this decision in 10/20/30 years time though. Because Covid will be around. At some point total normality must be resumed even though people will sadly die. May as well do that now really.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #478 on February 10, 2022, 05:58:41 pm by i_ateallthepies »
People will die if he made this decision in 10/20/30 years time though. Because Covid will be around. At some point total normality must be resumed even though people will sadly die. May as well do that now really.

Interesting that you're so outraged about somebody kicking a cat but don't give a damn about decisions that result in the deaths of people.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #479 on February 10, 2022, 06:55:38 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Interesting that you're so outraged about somebody kicking a cat but don't give a damn about decisions that result in the deaths of people.

This is untrue.

The problem with Covid since it began was that deaths were inevitable. Whether that be from Covid or from people killing themselves due to the restrictions or people not being seen for cancers etc. I take it that people such as yourself don't want to consider the effects that restrictions have had on people, choosing only to focus on Covid.

We can't stop people from dying from Covid, even with a zillion vaccines and yet some want to keep trying.

This doesn't mean that i don't give a damn about people dying, but nothing i can do if you think that way.

Presumably you must have tested yourself for flu a few years back then? No? Of course you didn't because there were no tests. So then presumably you've stayed in your house since just incase you were infectious with flu before coming down with it? No? Why is that? Did you not give a damn about people dying of flu?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 07:05:15 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012