Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:33:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson  (Read 75928 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson
« Reply #660 on April 12, 2022, 10:41:21 pm by Filo »
Labour has to be all over this day after day after day embarrass every one of the entitled t**ts on the Government bench

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #661 on April 12, 2022, 10:45:11 pm by SydneyRover »
If fixed penalties were issued for lying ..................

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #662 on April 12, 2022, 10:47:34 pm by SydneyRover »
I was only breaking the law for 10 minutes ...............

''Speaking on Tuesday, the PM claimed the event he was fined for was "a brief gathering" that lasted "less than 10 minutes".

He added: "In all frankness, at that time it did not occur to me that this might have been a breach of the rules.

"But, of course, the police have found otherwise and I fully respect the outcome of their investigation."''

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #663 on April 12, 2022, 10:54:37 pm by SydneyRover »
Here are some of the denials from the liar

https://youtu.be/GkszkSuBnlQ

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #664 on April 12, 2022, 11:14:02 pm by drfchound »
I think they will only be moving on to the next one.

The police appear to be rolling out these fines on an event-by-event basis. Last week's fines were for a leaving do, today's for Johnson's birthday party. How many were they looking into in total 12-18 something like that? Only one way this wont be in the news for a while yet.

Attending more than one party should mean more than one fine?

You can't take a bunch of fines and decide just to pay one of them.

The police will be issuing fines on an event by event basis.
Clearly that is what wilts was saying too.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #665 on April 12, 2022, 11:15:13 pm by drfchound »
Labour has to be all over this day after day after day embarrass every one of the entitled t**ts on the Government bench

They will be letting themselves down if they don’t Filo.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #666 on April 13, 2022, 05:05:37 am by Donnywolf »
Word of the day is 'maw-worm' (19th century): one who insists that they have done nothing wrong, despite evidence to the contrary.

I would have thought Word of the day should be "more-shite" but the same definition applies

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #667 on April 13, 2022, 09:27:32 am by SydneyRover »
Are we going to have to suffer johnson weaselling until the next sitting of the HoC just to hear him lie his head off that he didn't deliberately mislead parliament?

Maybe the only hope is that Sunak resigns and drags him down along with him.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #668 on April 13, 2022, 09:32:14 am by Filo »
Are we going to have to suffer johnson weaselling until the next sitting of the HoC just to hear him lie his head off that he didn't deliberately mislead parliament?

Maybe the only hope is that Sunak resigns and drags him down along with him.

Not a chance, all but 4 ministers have publicly backed him, everyone of them a brown noseing weasel

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #669 on April 13, 2022, 10:08:29 am by BillyStubbsTears »
So they are pretty much all sticking to the "Ukraine...move on" line.

Just a thought. Would you really want someone who is unable to tell when he's at a party, in charge in a major international crisis?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #670 on April 13, 2022, 10:41:15 am by Donnywolf »
Next phase .... Putin leaves Ukraine one way or another

Johnson hailed as hero (by himself of course) and MPs then say " well it would be unfair" to remove someone with such huge leadership credentials and qualities

Carry on ad infinitum with the can kicking

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #671 on April 13, 2022, 12:43:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I guess there's one tiny positive.

After this, no-one able to function in an adult world will EVER again say "All politicians are as bad as each other" and expect to be treated respectfully.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #672 on April 13, 2022, 12:50:21 pm by Bentley Bullet »
No change there then. You don't treat anyone who has a different view to you respectfully anyway.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #673 on April 13, 2022, 12:55:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB.
I treat many people with a different view to me with respect. The only ones I don't respect are those who earn disrespect.

Such as, for example, people who's only contribution to a topic like this is to have a direct attack at someone they disagree with. I don't respect folk like that.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #674 on April 13, 2022, 01:00:00 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Ah, you mean like your only contribution to a topic is to directly attack Boris Johnson or the Tory party in general? Does this mean you don't even respect yourself?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #675 on April 13, 2022, 01:01:57 pm by Filo »
Good to see the regular deflectors are out instead of commenting on the topic

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #676 on April 13, 2022, 01:04:26 pm by glosterred »
Well, Boris isn’t the first PM to get a fine is he

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #677 on April 13, 2022, 01:09:28 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Good to see the regular deflectors are out instead of commenting on the topic

My comments were not in any way deflecting from the topic, they were a direct response to your leader's comment.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #678 on April 13, 2022, 01:11:06 pm by roversdude »
Don’t remember him saying he definitely hadn’t driven into a congestion area though, or that he saw the signs but didn’t realise he was on the wrong side of them

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #679 on April 13, 2022, 01:14:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Ah, you mean like your only contribution to a topic is to directly attack Boris Johnson or the Tory party in general? Does this mean you don't even respect yourself?

If you think that refusing to criticise the only PM in history who set a law, repeatedly exhorted us to follow it, broke it repeatedly in the middle of a national emergency, lied about it repeatedly then was found guilty is something to be proud of, then you are one of the reasons why our political system is so f**ked.

Of course you DO think Johnson was wrong to do all those things. I get that. But you can't bring yourself to say it, so you have a go at people who do instead. Which is a very good example of why you don't deserve to be respected.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 01:24:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #680 on April 13, 2022, 01:17:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Well, Boris isn’t the first PM to get a fine is he

And here's a perfect example of someone scratting around to try to provide faux-balance. Quite sad to observe really.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #681 on April 13, 2022, 01:42:05 pm by Bentley Bullet »

If you think that refusing to criticise the only PM in history who set a law, repeatedly exhorted us to follow it, broke it repeatedly in the middle of a national emergency, lied about it repeatedly then was found guilty is something to be proud of, then you are one of the reasons why our political system is so f**ked.

Of course you DO think Johnson was wrong to do all those things. I get that. But you can't bring yourself to say it, so you have a go at people who do instead. Which is a very good example of why you don't deserve to be respected.

Of course, Johnson was wrong. He himself has admitted he was. The problem I have with it is people who, like you, go on and on and on and on and on and on about it because you have got absolutely f**k all other ways to support your beloved Labour party other than to say how bad the Tories are.

Don't you think your beloved Labour party has done worse things in the past than have illegal parties? No? Then THAT'S why our political system is f**ked.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #682 on April 13, 2022, 01:44:35 pm by BobG »
I was right wasn't I....

BobG

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #683 on April 13, 2022, 01:45:42 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I was right wasn't I....

BobG

I must have missed that. When?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #684 on April 13, 2022, 02:08:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
You were Bob. Some people are simply beyond reasoning with. With some it's always "Whatabout...?" With some it's always "You support the other side so I won't accept your analysis."

It's the very, very most tribal of people refusing to engage in discussion about issues because they assume everyone else is as impervious to reasoned argument as they are.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #685 on April 13, 2022, 02:10:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Of course, Johnson was wrong. He himself has admitted he was. The problem I have with it is people who, like you, go on and on and on and on and on and on about it because you have got absolutely f**k all other ways to support your beloved Labour party other than to say how bad the Tories are.

Don't you think your beloved Labour party has done worse things in the past than have illegal parties? No? Then THAT'S why our political system is f**ked.

Simple, direct question.

When a PM is found to have broken a law that he himself brought in, a law that was designed to limit the effect of an epidemic that was killing 1250 people a day at its worst, should he resign?

Yes or no?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #686 on April 13, 2022, 02:12:32 pm by Bentley Bullet »
You were Bob. Some people are simply beyond reasoning with. With some it's always "Whatabout...?" With some it's always "You support the other side so I won't accept your analysis."

It's the very, very most tribal of people refusing to engage in discussion about issues because they assume everyone else is as impervious to reasoned argument as they are.
Less of the psychoanalysis and more answers, please.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #687 on April 13, 2022, 02:21:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Was that a yes or a no BB?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #688 on April 13, 2022, 02:24:53 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Simple, direct question.

When a PM is found to have broken a law that he himself brought in, a law that was designed to limit the effect of an epidemic that was killing 1250 people a day at its worst, should he resign?

Yes or no?

He should resign because of the whole of the party stuff, that's obvious.  Ironically though the one he's been fined for (so far) probably is negligible because it is true that many did things like that in their workplaces at times and it's pretty minor. The other stuff, absolutely not and I hope they pull him up on it.

As for your point on Ukraine, he's led well on that imo, but that doesn't excuse the things that went on around his property and the lies that followed.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #689 on April 13, 2022, 02:25:39 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Was that a yes or a no BB?
I know you're not one for answering questions, Billy lad, but from now on I will insist you do, then we'll move on.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012