Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:26:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson  (Read 76011 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson
« Reply #750 on April 14, 2022, 10:06:37 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Sorry if I misinterpreted BR. I agree 100% with that.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #751 on April 14, 2022, 10:19:32 pm by Branton Red »
Sorry if I misinterpreted BR. I agree 100% with that.

Cheers Billy. I just hope, for the good of the country, my analysis is correct esp the last paragraph.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #752 on April 14, 2022, 10:26:40 pm by River Don »
I never understood the true power of TV until the other week.

I knew it was very powerful, otherwise advertisers wouldn't spend the millions they do on it.

The other week though, Sky news interviewed a couple of old ladies living in their basements in the Donbas. They had suffered weeks of artillery fire on their town, everything was destroyed.

And both of them believed Putins propaganda on RT implicitly. They were being saved, the Ukrainian government had sold the land to the Americans to do biological experiments. They believed every word of it despite being under constant attack.

Which makes me wonder how much our society is directed by a media most of which is owned by people with a rightwing agenda.

Anyway. Local elections.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #753 on April 15, 2022, 08:06:11 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Russian born holder of joint Russian-British citizenship.

He qualifies for UK citizenship because he moved to the UK when his father's job as a KGB spy chief took him to the Russian Embassy in London. But he never renounced his Russian citizenship.

And nor should he, it's perfectly acceptable to be Russian and British in my view.  I find this fear of him bizarre and just a convenient political story.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #754 on April 15, 2022, 08:16:00 am by wilts rover »
Billy

No I wasn't saying that at all. I'm disgusted that Tory MPs (bar a minority) haven't moved to remove Johnson already.

However they will surely move if the results of the local elections show him not to be the electoral superstar they believe he his (based on historic records) anymore. Of course this doesn't cast them in a very good light.

Those that DO want him out will be waiting on the election results giving their cause the extra momentum to succeed before making a move. I'd expect this minority to hand letters in post election regardless.

The Ukraine excuse is just being used as a cover by all Tory MPs whether Johnson supporters, detractors or waiverers.

I'll rephrase, as you imply, Johnson's future is in the hands of Tory voters in the local elections. I hope and expect many will simply abstain in disgust at his behaviour. This would then inevitably seal his downfall.

Johnson seems to have a base level of support of 30-35%% - which curiously enough is around the number who support the Rwanada idea.

The choice those Tory MP's need to make is - will ousting Johnson bring back the lost 15% from the last GE - or loose this 30% of Johnson 'cultists'. Big gamble.

I doubt he's going anywhere.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #755 on April 15, 2022, 08:21:29 am by SydneyRover »

He qualifies for UK citizenship because he moved to the UK when his father's job as a KGB spy chief took him to the Russian Embassy in London. But he never renounced his Russian citizenship.

And nor should he, it's perfectly acceptable to be Russian and British in my view.  I find this fear of him bizarre and just a convenient political story.

There is absolutely 'no fear' pud. he has been extremely warmly welcomed into the inner sanctum of the British government and he has repaid this extraordinary hospitality in spades by backing the liar to the hilt. Russians collectively spread the love to the party by the bucket load and indeed their generosity has of course led to the unofficial title of londongrad for the capital. Fear, ha, pull the other one.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #756 on April 15, 2022, 08:38:37 am by wilts rover »

When you become a life peer in the House of Lords you are asked to choose the name of a place that is signifant to you. Lebedez became Lord Siberia.

Even more interesting that you trot out the same excuse Johnson does - that asking questions about someone MI5 deemed a security risk is 'Russiaphobia'. What does it say in that Russia Report again:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/boris-johnsons-russian-crony-evgeny-lebedev-got-peerage-after-spies-dropped-warning-3dp6sw29x

There are plenty of Russian critics of Putin playing a valuable role in British society. He isn't one of them - when have you ever seen him on tv?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #757 on April 15, 2022, 10:54:25 am by Colemans Left Hook »
By definition the Leader of The Opposition has at all times to robotically call on The Prime Minister to resign whilst the Opposition members must make "funny noises"

Starmer has performed that duty but does he really think it is a good idea at this moment in time

But you have to ask yourself now, when we have world war 2.5 (which could tend to world war 3) is it in the interest of the alleged "freeworld" to replace him and the country to be effectively leaderless for over a month. 

One unlikely solution is for our "Teflon PM" to say i will stand down in say one year from now. But it won't happen

The Falklands War saved Thatchers political career and it looks like it's deja vu time  --  we have one very lucky boy ( who still behaves like a juvenile) 

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #758 on April 15, 2022, 12:26:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Coleman.

1) Starmer has been very restrained in absolutely NOT robotically calling for Johnson to resign despite his many f**k ups in his 3 years as PM. He didn't raise the issue of resignation until it was unarguable that Johnson had lied to the House.

2) Google "Norway Debate"

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #759 on April 15, 2022, 12:45:41 pm by ravenrover »
By definition the Leader of The Opposition has at all times to robotically call on The Prime Minister to resign whilst the Opposition members must make "funny noises"

Starmer has performed that duty but does he really think it is a good idea at this moment in time

But you have to ask yourself now, when we have world war 2.5 (which could tend to world war 3) is it in the interest of the alleged "freeworld" to replace him and the country to be effectively leaderless for over a month. 

One unlikely solution is for our "Teflon PM" to say i will stand down in say one year from now. But it won't happen

The Falklands War saved Thatchers political career and it looks like it's deja vu time  --  we have one very lucky boy ( who still behaves like a juvenile) 
Tell me CLH what he has done that the Deputy PM couldn't do even though it is Raabid? We are not involved in any actual conflict we are supying weaponry. Is The Clown such a big player on the world stage that he couldn't be easily replaced?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #760 on April 19, 2022, 01:19:37 pm by SydneyRover »
''MPs will probably get a vote on Thursday on holding an inquiry into whether Boris Johnson lied to MPs about Partygate, the Mirror’s Pippa Crerar reports''

And then a vote to decide if the pope is a catholic ................

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #761 on April 19, 2022, 05:23:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Just watching Starmer giving the speech of his life in the Commons absolutely flaying Johnson's  lies.

He contrasts Johnson's behaviour against that of a constituent of that t**t Michael Fabricant (the one who said he knew about teachers and nurses having drinks in their staff rooms). The constituent met with Starmer to tell him how he followed the rules and couldn't be with his wife as she was dying.

The camera panned to Fabricant. He was f**king grinning, before he realised and wiped it off his face.

Don't anyone ever tell me that Kitsons like that actually care about ordinary folk.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #762 on April 19, 2022, 05:54:39 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
''MPs will probably get a vote on Thursday on holding an inquiry into whether Boris Johnson lied to MPs about Partygate, the Mirror’s Pippa Crerar reports''

And then a vote to decide if the pope is a catholic ................

And I bet Boris will be nowhere to be seen. He won't even confirm that it'll be a Free Vote.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #763 on April 19, 2022, 06:24:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Just watching Starmer giving the speech of his life in the Commons absolutely flaying Johnson's  lies.

He contrasts Johnson's behaviour against that of a constituent of that t**t Michael Fabricant (the one who said he knew about teachers and nurses having drinks in their staff rooms). The constituent met with Starmer to tell him how he followed the rules and couldn't be with his wife as she was dying.

The camera panned to Fabricant. He was f**king grinning, before he realised and wiped it off his face.

Don't anyone ever tell me that Kitsons like that actually care about ordinary folk.

Fabricant spoke (sic) in the debate today.

He was f**king well pissed up. He's usually a very clear and eloquent speaker. But he was slurring his words like he'd had a stroke.

Go watch it on BBC Parliament. He spoke at 17:47.
On this day. In this debate.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #764 on April 19, 2022, 06:41:23 pm by River Don »
I saw it. Fabricant did appear to be drunk today.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #765 on April 19, 2022, 06:44:33 pm by River Don »
Generally though, I thought despite all that was said, it was water off a ducks back. Whilst he has the support of the party, nothing can be done.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #766 on April 19, 2022, 07:48:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
From the BBC.

"The PM repeated his apology that he made on camera last week for attending a birthday party thrown for him in the Cabinet Room in June 2020 during the first lockdown
But he said the hurt and upset caused by the rule breaking made him more determined to lead on the British people's priorities, including on Ukraine and the cost of living crisis."

Somebody help me out here because I'm struggling to follow the logic.

Is he saying that because he hurt and upset people, he's not going to resign?

Or is he saying that he needs to hurt and upset people in order to spur him on to do his f**king job?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #767 on April 19, 2022, 07:53:02 pm by normal rules »
I think he is trying to say he has let people down. And wants to try to make amends.

And no. This is not me coming out in support of him.
Just saying.
Honi soi qui mal y Pense.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #768 on April 19, 2022, 08:11:58 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Right.

So he's saying that he's spectacularly untrustworthy and that means we should trust him with some potentially existential decisions?

Hadn't thought about it that way.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #769 on April 19, 2022, 09:25:02 pm by ravenrover »
I see he is now claiming his surprise birthday party came just before a vital Covid meeting ............ really!!!

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #770 on April 19, 2022, 09:29:54 pm by rich1471 »
The man would struggle to tell the truth even it was wrote on his notes Infront of him

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #771 on April 19, 2022, 09:49:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
You can fully understand why this Govt wants to sell off Channel 4.

When you rule by lie and by whitewash, last thing you want is journalists as prescient as this on your back.

https://mobile.twitter.com/krishgm/status/1485924089684504582

Just look at the date oh that Tweet.  And if you buy the bullshit from the Tory party, just reflect on your own standards.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #772 on April 19, 2022, 10:23:18 pm by SydneyRover »
If there is a vote, are we going to see tory MPs lie themselves and say they are giving him the benefit? of course we are.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #773 on April 20, 2022, 05:39:09 am by Donnywolf »
.... just imagine what this or any other Govt might achieve IF they didnt spend a massive amount of time defending justifying nullifying and reacting (and loads of other 'ings] to crises that they have overseen and have mainly been avoidable

Cummings to name one. He put Barnard Castle on the map and then they spent lets say "lots of time" doing the above when they could have done lots more useful things with their time

I feel this Rwanda thing is the same { a distraction ] on which thousands of Parliament hours will be spent before it is allowed to fizzle out at a huge cost to Taxpayers in monetary terms and Govt in time

... im sure legislations , committees of Fishing Clubs & Sports & Social Clubs through to Village and Town Councils do exactly the same and Govts of every colour in lots of Countries

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #774 on April 20, 2022, 08:22:01 am by SydneyRover »
.... just imagine what this or any other Govt might achieve IF they didnt spend a massive amount of time defending justifying nullifying and reacting (and loads of other 'ings] to crises that they have overseen and have mainly been avoidable

Cummings to name one. He put Barnard Castle on the map and then they spent lets say "lots of time" doing the above when they could have done lots more useful things with their time

I feel this Rwanda thing is the same { a distraction ] on which thousands of Parliament hours will be spent before it is allowed to fizzle out at a huge cost to Taxpayers in monetary terms and Govt in time

... im sure legislations , committees of Fishing Clubs & Sports & Social Clubs through to Village and Town Councils do exactly the same and Govts of every colour in lots of Countries

Fishing and social clubs don't normally lie to each other, encourage others to lie and poison the water for everyone else though wolfie.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #775 on April 21, 2022, 12:04:00 am by BillyStubbsTears »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61170379

Johnson doing what Johnson does.

Kicking the can down the road and hoping something crops up to save his sorry hide.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #776 on April 21, 2022, 03:50:06 am by SydneyRover »
You'd think an innocent man would welcome the opportunity to clear his name

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #777 on April 21, 2022, 07:52:28 am by Donnywolf »

Fishing and social clubs don't normally lie to each other, encourage others to lie and poison the water for everyone else though wolfie.

Oh I know but it was an example of how Bodies probably waste time with side issues of their making and the time they then waste tidying it up.

Johnson now using more time working out how to delay the vote on the enquiry into him misleading HOC

FFS ... he will win any vote with 79 ish majority. 40 of his  MPs are not going to rebel .... But now they want to stop those Tory MPs looking as though they are not taking Partygate or Johnson's lies seriously by voting to support him

So they seek to delay it so it looks like MPs are "awaiting Sue Gray and Met Report"  and theoretically are not condoning Johnson's Law breaking

Meantime there's a whole Country to run and my point is they could be running it IF they stopped wasting time fixing their self inflicted messes

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #778 on April 21, 2022, 08:12:25 am by Bentley Bullet »
Boris Johnson has plenty to talk about other than Partygate whereas Keir Starmer has nothing to offer regarding other subjects. 

Boris Johnson is saved by the piss poor, embarrassing opposition.

If Keir Starmer was Donny Rovers owner he'd be constantly talking about how shit Rotherham United are.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 08:14:47 am by Bentley Bullet »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #779 on April 21, 2022, 09:06:51 am by SydneyRover »
You'd think blind, dyed in the wool tory voters would have plenty to say about their beloved leader instead trying to deflect away to Starmer who is a better man all round with a honours relating to his previous career, whereas johnson is still under investigation regarding his former job and will most likely be under investigation regarding this one too.

Martin Kettle gives a good breakdown of the current situation

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/apr/20/boris-johnson-vote-partygate-cost-of-living-crisis-prime-minister

TinyPortal © 2005-2012