Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:00:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson  (Read 75886 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson
« Reply #780 on April 21, 2022, 10:09:10 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Boris Johnson has plenty to talk about other than Partygate whereas Keir Starmer has nothing to offer regarding other subjects. 

Boris Johnson is saved by the piss poor, embarrassing opposition.

If Keir Starmer was Donny Rovers owner he'd be constantly talking about how shit Rotherham United are.

And in rolls the most partisan poster in this forum, trotting out unfiltered precisely the line that our criminal PM used yesterday.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #781 on April 21, 2022, 10:34:49 am by River Don »
If the leader of the country is proven to be dishonest, there really is nothing else to talk about. How can we move forward with anything, if we can't trust the man at the top?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #782 on April 21, 2022, 10:39:36 am by BillyStubbsTears »
If the leader of the country is proven to be dishonest, there really is nothing else to talk about. How can we move forward with anything, if we can't trust the man at the top?

This. Sums it up perfectly.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #783 on April 21, 2022, 10:44:03 am by Bentley Bullet »
Boris Johnson has plenty to talk about other than Partygate whereas Keir Starmer has nothing to offer regarding other subjects. 

Boris Johnson is saved by the piss poor, embarrassing opposition.

If Keir Starmer was Donny Rovers owner he'd be constantly talking about how shit Rotherham United are.

And in rolls the most partisan poster in this forum, trotting out unfiltered precisely the line that our criminal PM used yesterday.
.....Come to think of it, Labour's most partisan fans on this forum are no different to their leader.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #784 on April 21, 2022, 10:45:17 am by Bentley Bullet »

And what about the dishonesty of the man at the top of the Labour party?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #785 on April 21, 2022, 10:46:34 am by SydneyRover »
It's going to be a long off-season I fear

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #786 on April 21, 2022, 10:47:55 am by River Don »

Whataboutery, it's beside the point.

Not that it matters but he hasn't been proven to be dishonest or committed a criminal offence.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #787 on April 21, 2022, 10:49:31 am by Bentley Bullet »
Really?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #788 on April 21, 2022, 10:53:02 am by River Don »
Duh Duh Deeerrrrr...

Novaramedia.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #789 on April 21, 2022, 10:55:53 am by Bentley Bullet »
Rovers Scored 3 goals against Shrewsbury last Monday, so the fact that Shrewsbury scored 3 goals against Rovers is whataboutery?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #790 on April 21, 2022, 10:58:52 am by River Don »
???

Anyway, I voted Lib Dems last time out.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #791 on April 21, 2022, 11:00:50 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Meanwhile, the issue of Russian funding to the Tories is back.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61080537

TL:DR.

A Russian woman who is now a UK citizen has donated £2m to the Tories. She claims to have no contact with the Kremlin. Her husband is an ex-Putin minister who apparently was sacked in 2004. They "fled" to the UK. With a quarter of a billion dollars in the bank. As refugees fleeing tyranny tend to do...

So these poor folk fleeing Putin and having nothing to do with him. And pouring money into the Tories' pockets. End of story.

Except... The BBC has been digging. And it turns out the woman has been a director of an offshore company alongside a close Putin aid who has been sanctioned by the US. And this same Putin aide paid her husband $8m in 2016. Just before the woman's donations to the Tory party went through the roof.

Oh by the way. She now chairs a group of high value donors with privileged access to senior ministers to discuss policy.

Hiding in plain sight.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #792 on April 21, 2022, 12:05:46 pm by SydneyRover »
The pile of evidence grows steadily that the russians under putin have bought their way into UK politics and funded the man and party they wanted in government.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #793 on April 21, 2022, 01:04:07 pm by wilts rover »
A Tory MP launched a blistering attack on Boris Johnson today during a debate on the partygate scandal.

William Wragg, who has previously called for Johnson to quit, said Tory MPs had been working in a “toxic atmosphere”.

He told the Commons: “It is utterly depressing to be asked to defend the indefensible. Each time, part of us withers.”

Wragg, the Tory chairman of the Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee, added: “I cannot reconcile myself to the prime minister’s continued leadership of our country and the Conservative Party”.

The MP for Hazel Grove added: “The parliamentary party bears the scars of misjudgments of leadership.

“There can be few colleagues on this side of the house I would contend who are truly enjoying being members of parliament at the moment.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/tory-mp-william-wragg-boris-johnson-to-go-and-says-toxic-atmosphere_uk_626134e9e4b0e900dcd2696d

Still, there will be people on this board who will never criticise him - but attack those who do

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #794 on April 21, 2022, 01:27:24 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
If I was Labour I'd be wanting to find a way to drag it out and keep the PM from leaving.  2 years is a long time and 2 years for a successor to rid the Covid parties puts the focus elsewhere and that's less comfortable for Labour.  There best shot of getting power is keeping the opposition down.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #795 on April 21, 2022, 01:31:57 pm by SydneyRover »
If I was Labour I'd be wanting to find a way to drag it out and keep the PM from leaving.  2 years is a long time and 2 years for a successor to rid the Covid parties puts the focus elsewhere and that's less comfortable for Labour.  There best shot of getting power is keeping the opposition down.

Any inquiry will not begin till the police investigation is finished and they are still ploughing their way through around 9 more non-parties. The country will be better served with a new leader.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #796 on April 21, 2022, 02:19:52 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

The perfect reason for a lying, dishonest, dishonourable lack of integrity to carry on running the country. Into the ground. :silly:

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #797 on April 21, 2022, 02:49:17 pm by Bentley Bullet »
All at the expense of a Labour party leader who ignores the democracy of the British people including members of his own party.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #798 on April 21, 2022, 03:06:59 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
All at the expense of a Labour party leader who ignores the democracy of the British people including members of his own party.

:silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly:

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #799 on April 21, 2022, 03:53:59 pm by wilts rover »
It’s actually quite a high bar that the committee of privileges will have to consider. I mean I think it is ... not debated that the house was misled. I think even the prime minister effectively admits that the house was misled.

It was said that rules weren’t broken, and it is self-evident that rules were broken. So the house was misled. It got a false impression. The question is whether that was intentional.

Chris Bryant MP in the debate

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #800 on April 21, 2022, 05:17:18 pm by Filo »
Nodded through without a vote, thats convenient for the arse lickers, they don’t have to put their name to it

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #801 on April 21, 2022, 05:32:45 pm by albie »
Dickless Met to hold on whether any more fines issued until after local elections;
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/boris-johnson-partygate-met-police-investigation-lockdown-fines-covid-labour-motion-b995552.html

So political considerations come into the mix when investigating potential criminal wrongdoing?
Why it is necessary to pause the publication of information from an ongoing inquiry in the public interest?

New one that!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 05:35:30 pm by albie »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #802 on April 21, 2022, 05:39:39 pm by normal rules »
The pile of evidence grows steadily that the russians under putin have bought their way into UK politics and funded the man and party they wanted in government.

The same man they have just banned from entering their country? For being hostile? And liz truss, and Ben Wallace?

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #803 on April 21, 2022, 05:45:48 pm by albie »

The same man they have just banned from entering their country? For being hostile? And liz truss, and Ben Wallace?

Yes, the very same!
It suits both parties to play the blame game with the other at the moment, but has nothing to say to longer term strategic considerations.

All part of the posturing, scrambling for a position that will be forgotten in short order.
The financial inputs into the Vote Leave and the Tory coffers has been linked on here many times.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #804 on April 21, 2022, 05:54:38 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It’s actually quite a high bar that the committee of privileges will have to consider. I mean I think it is ... not debated that the house was misled. I think even the prime minister effectively admits that the house was misled.

It was said that rules weren’t broken, and it is self-evident that rules were broken. So the house was misled. It got a false impression. The question is whether that was intentional.

Johnson's line now is: I accept I broke my own law but I didn't think I was breaking it when I broke it, so I didn't intentionally mislead the House.

Which of course means he is admitting he was too f**king thick to undert his own law. But we should still keep him as Leader in the most dangerous international conflict in half a century.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #805 on April 21, 2022, 06:34:46 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Johnson's line now is: I accept I broke my own law but I didn't think I was breaking it when I broke it, so I didn't intentionally mislead the House.

Which of course means he is admitting he was too f**king thick to undert his own law. But we should still keep him as Leader in the most dangerous international conflict in half a century.

And if you unintentionally DO mislead the Houe, you are supposed to stand up in the House and cotrect the record as soon as you are aware of the true facts.

AFAIK Boris has now been made aware of the true facts for quite a while. I might have missed it, but has he corrected the record yet?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #806 on April 21, 2022, 07:51:14 pm by drfchound »
You'd think blind, dyed in the wool tory voters would have plenty to say about their beloved leader instead trying to deflect away to Starmer who is a better man all round with a honours relating to his previous career, whereas johnson is still under investigation regarding his former job and will most likely be under investigation regarding this one too.

Martin Kettle gives a good breakdown of the current situation

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/apr/20/boris-johnson-vote-partygate-cost-of-living-crisis-prime-minister

Well he is hardly likely to give the PM a glowing report is he.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #807 on April 21, 2022, 09:31:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Looks like Johnson has dodged a bullet this afternoon. There was a string of previously loyal Tory MPs on R4 earlier saying they would have voted for the Labour motion today. So it was going to pass anyway. This way, at least he's avoided the humiliation of a mass rebellion.

But there was also lots of talk of the mood turning in the Tory party. Talk about being ready to ditch him if more evidence comes to light.

He's dragging it out. Of course he will because he hasn't got the moral courage to resign. But after hearing that today, I really think the net is closing this time.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #808 on April 21, 2022, 09:33:59 pm by Ldr »
God I hope so

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #809 on April 21, 2022, 09:41:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
So the Met will not be issuing anymore Partygate fines until after the local Elections. Because to do so might affect people's voting.

Is that how democracy works then? You vote in ignorance of the facts that someone on high decides you shouldn't have?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012