Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:23:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson  (Read 75889 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson
« Reply #870 on May 20, 2022, 09:30:16 am by ravenrover »
How would he know this in April

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #871 on May 20, 2022, 10:53:54 am by BobG »
And as the only people who could give that assurance would be the Metropolitan police, the Home Secretary and the Commisioner, how the hell did any of 'em know he would only recieve one fine weeks before the investigation finished?

BobG

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #872 on May 20, 2022, 11:09:46 am by SydneyRover »
Not sure what Raaab is up to wanting the police Gray to name the other ministers that have received a fpn is it to take the heat of johnson or to make himself look good.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 12:28:39 pm by SydneyRover »

BobG

• VSC Member

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #874 on May 20, 2022, 12:17:27 pm by ForsolongaRover »
Having reflected further on “home” and “(10) Downing Street” the PM actually resides at number 11, but the surprise birthday party took place in the Cabinet Room at number 10. So where does that lead us legally? Despite the fact that I assume Sunak lives in the No.10 flat does that make 10 Downing Street a residence or an office or a bit of both? We really need some legal clarification.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #875 on May 20, 2022, 12:27:15 pm by drfchound »
Some posters have said that 10 Downing Street is the most fined address in the country.
But is it.  I would think that the fines that have been handed down would have gone to individuals and sent to their own home addresses, not to number ten.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 01:22:38 pm by drfchound »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #877 on May 20, 2022, 12:44:57 pm by normal rules »
126 fines x £50. Although some repeat fines would have doubled no doubt.
So that’s probably between £6-7000 in fines.

And it’s taken a team of 14 detectives at a cost of nearly half a million Quid to investigate this . Someone, somewhere will argue this is good value for taxpayers money.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #878 on May 20, 2022, 12:49:10 pm by SydneyRover »
Yep those that were fined way back for doing more or less the same

''Police in England and Wales have processed a total of 118,978 Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs) for breaches under the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) Regulations 2020 and subsequent amendments''

https://news.npcc.police.uk/releases/update-on-coronavirus-fpns-issued-by-forces-in-england-and-wales-and-the-payment-of-fpns

Not sure if this includes those issued to the government and staff but we do know 99% of them were not issued to those that drafted the legislation.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 01:02:08 pm by SydneyRover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #879 on May 20, 2022, 12:50:54 pm by SydneyRover »
And all the relatives and friends that missed seeing their loved ones a critical times

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #880 on May 20, 2022, 01:04:56 pm by Ldr »
And all the relatives and friends that missed seeing their loved ones a critical times

The law is reason free from passion. Leave your emotional arguments at the door

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #881 on May 20, 2022, 01:08:09 pm by SydneyRover »

The law is reason free from passion. Leave your emotional arguments at the door

And everyone is supposed to be equal under the law, would you agree? Is my statement above true or not Ldr?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #882 on May 20, 2022, 01:12:25 pm by Ldr »
I would Syd yes, I would also say my personal opinion is that as soon as emotive subject matter is brought into a debate then the debate loses focus. Feelings are the problem of the individual, not society. Party gate is as simple as person breaks law, person gets punished. As much as I hate the hypocrisy and the people involved, being equal under the law brings it down to that. Feelings are irrelevant

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #883 on May 20, 2022, 01:16:55 pm by SydneyRover »
I would Syd yes, I would also say my personal opinion is that as soon as emotive subject matter is brought into a debate then the debate loses focus. Feelings are the problem of the individual, not society. Party gate is as simple as person breaks law, person gets punished. As much as I hate the hypocrisy and the people involved, being equal under the law brings it down to that. Feelings are irrelevant

really, maybe you should write to these ppl and tell them

https://covidfamiliesforjustice.org/

Government's first priority is to protect it's ppl.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #884 on May 20, 2022, 01:18:21 pm by Ldr »
Emotive b*llocks, emotion should never drive law. Reason does

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #885 on May 20, 2022, 01:19:32 pm by ravenrover »
Have I missed this Sajid Javids brother is Deputy assistant Commisioner at the Met.!!! Is Dick still in charge or is this chap acting as boss at the mo? Obvioualy no conspiracy theories can come from this?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #886 on May 20, 2022, 01:20:25 pm by Ldr »
Have I missed this Sajid Javids brother is Deputy Commisioner at the Met.!!! Is Dick still in charge or is this chap acting as boss at the mo? Obvioualy no conspiracy theories can come from this?

Is that right RR? Ffs no conflict of interest there at all is there?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #888 on May 20, 2022, 01:23:06 pm by SydneyRover »
Emotive b*llocks, emotion should never drive law. Reason does

imho

Fixed that for you.

''A Victim Personal Statement (VPS) gives you the opportunity to explain in your own words the impact that the crime has had on you and your family. It will be taken into account by all criminal justice agencies involved in the case and it can play a key part in sentencing.12 Apr 2022''

https://www.victimsupport.org.uk/help-and-support/your-rights/victim-personal-statements/#:~:text=A%20Victim%20Personal%20Statement%20(VPS,a%20key%20part%20in%20sentencing.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #889 on May 20, 2022, 01:24:33 pm by Ldr »
Sentencing is not the judgement as to whether they broke the law or not Syd. That is an emotionless judgement

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #890 on May 20, 2022, 01:25:44 pm by SydneyRover »
whatever

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #891 on May 20, 2022, 01:26:57 pm by Ldr »
Don’t hate Syd, it’s only one point

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #892 on May 20, 2022, 01:36:59 pm by SydneyRover »
Don’t hate Syd, it’s only one point

What don't you understand, NR posed the question ''Someone, somewhere will argue this is good value for taxpayers money''

And my answers are above, my opinion and you have given yours, it's not a point of fact but I bet I'm am correct that they would care, please tell me you think they wouldn't. Maybe emotions are not your thing.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #893 on May 20, 2022, 01:42:28 pm by Ldr »
They’re not Syd, as soon as people get emotive I tend to dismiss what they say. Whether they care or not is irrelevant to the law. Law was broken, punishment was given. Equality under the law

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #894 on May 20, 2022, 01:43:41 pm by SydneyRover »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/met-police-stitch-up-claim-26102172.amp

I struggle to believe that the government and the police has allowed this to happen, but then again. Maybe there was more than Dick looking after things.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #895 on May 20, 2022, 01:47:37 pm by Ldr »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/met-police-stitch-up-claim-26102172.amp

I struggle to believe that the government and the police has allowed this to happen, but then again. Maybe there was more than Dick looking after things.

I don’t with this corrupt lot

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #896 on May 20, 2022, 02:31:32 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

You're forgetting the 'lying to Parliament' bit of Partygate.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #897 on May 20, 2022, 02:37:13 pm by Ldr »
No Glyn, I’m commenting on how emotion has no place in law that’s all

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #898 on May 20, 2022, 03:22:57 pm by BobG »
Until recent years that's always been true LDR. It always used to be said that 'Hard cases make bad law'. But we've seen several instances of public emotion driving political action more lately. I'm not making any political point here either. It's true of all major parties. But reactive legislation, clearly driven by public emotion and the seeking after votes is unlikely to lead to happy long term outcomes.

BobG

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #899 on May 20, 2022, 04:17:32 pm by albie »
So has Carrie Antoinette been fined £10k for organising the cake do in Downing St?
Only fair because others were fined for organising events and gatherings at the time.

Anyone smelling a rat with this Met enquiry yet?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012