Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:38:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson  (Read 75891 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson
« Reply #1080 on May 25, 2022, 12:48:54 pm by drfchound »
And why would johnson lie about it if he had nothing to worry about? it wasn't a party apparently

You and your mates, sorry, Labour supporting co posters, had demanded the PM resign as soon as the news broke.  Before an investigation began.  Before the police got involved.
But, but but, that was ok wasn’t it.

post #6 this thread bp

''Has to resign simple as that''

post #7 this thread hound

Has to resign simple as that

:that:

you're welcome   :)

Does that change the point I made ?

:)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #1081 on May 25, 2022, 12:51:24 pm by River Don »
Sue Gray stopped investigating to let the police investigate which meant that neither of them investigated the party in the flat. What sort of logic is this?

It smells of collusion.

Sounds like a committee

Investigations into beer starmer: 2
Investigations into party flat: 0

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1082 on May 25, 2022, 12:59:30 pm by SydneyRover »
Sue Gray stopped investigating to let the police investigate which meant that neither of them investigated the party in the flat. What sort of logic is this?

It smells of collusion.

Sounds like a committee

Investigations into beer starmer: 2
Investigations into party flat: 0

No wonder the new Chief of whatever that overlooks the met wants better conviction of crime rates if this whole debacle is any guide.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1083 on May 25, 2022, 01:01:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
He'll be fine today. The line will be:
He really didn't think he was at any parties.
He's appalled at what happened.
He takes fully responsibility.
Now let's move on.

And about 30% of the electorate will be perfectly happy with that and accept that we have, for the first time in history, a PM that has broken the law and lied to Parliament. And that's how these things just get normalised and the foundations of democracy get undermined.

House!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #1084 on May 25, 2022, 01:07:18 pm by normal rules »
Is there anyone more annoying that Ian BlackFord?
Like a broken record.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1085 on May 25, 2022, 01:08:20 pm by SydneyRover »
I've got a ton on Starmer getting a 6 month suspended sentence.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1086 on May 25, 2022, 01:08:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
He's just this minute said this.

"I said that no laws had been broken, and with the exception of one case, that is what the police have concluded."

Apart from the fact that the police have found that 300 crimes were comitted in No10, (and he says he takes full responsibility for everything) he's basically saying "I only broke the law and lied about it once, so that's ok."

Edit. Correction. 126 crimes.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 01:18:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #1087 on May 25, 2022, 01:12:25 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The report isn't particularly damning of the pm directly overall.  Even the famed so called garden party has been found to have been a genuine work meeting which I think we can all believe as we could with Keir Starmer assuming the rumoured partying is untrue.

But the real problem is not that, it's that he allowed the other staff to partake in these things. He should have had control of his whole office and he did not. Taking responsibility would be to resign not say sorry.  I totally get that he feels like he didn't directly do much wrong as he probably didn't. But he's the leader in that place and should have control and then lied about it.  He has no dignity.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #1088 on May 25, 2022, 01:21:26 pm by normal rules »

I’ve got a ton of rubble on my front drive I’d like to put on Starmer. Literally.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1089 on May 25, 2022, 01:25:27 pm by SydneyRover »
The report isn't particularly damning of the pm directly overall.  Even the famed so called garden party has been found to have been a genuine work meeting which I think we can all believe as we could with Keir Starmer assuming the rumoured partying is untrue.

But the real problem is not that, it's that he allowed the other staff to partake in these things. He should have had control of his whole office and he did not. Taking responsibility would be to resign not say sorry.  I totally get that he feels like he didn't directly do much wrong as he probably didn't. But he's the leader in that place and should have control and then lied about it.  He has no dignity.

The two events are not at all alike pud, I can understand why you keep making the claim but to this point it is patently untrue and you are embarrassing yourself for further attempts to conflate the two incidents.

Have you seen emails, notes that the private secretaries took of the discussions (or even private secretaries) and decision and email sent during the period they were in the garden? Did you see any tablets, notebooks etc in the photo, why was Carrie there?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #1090 on May 25, 2022, 01:26:29 pm by Colin C No.3 »

I’ve got a ton of rubble on my front drive I’d like to put on Starmer. Literally.

I’ve got 2cwt of horse shit I’d like to stick Boris in. Laterally.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1091 on May 25, 2022, 01:32:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Key line from the Sue Gray report.

"The senior leadership at the centre, both political and official, must bear responsibility for this culture."

That "culture" involved systematic breaking of the law. If Johnson agrees that he bears full responsibility, how is he still in post?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #1092 on May 25, 2022, 01:35:33 pm by River Don »
Chris Bryant (Lab) says Johnson’s statement is “baloney”. He says one of the most damning features of the report is the revelation that cleaners and security staff were treated badly when they complained. They knew what the rules said, even if the Downing Street officials did not. He says Johnson was responsible.

This is a very good point.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1093 on May 25, 2022, 02:14:31 pm by SydneyRover »
A dim light at the end of the sewer ..........

Cat Neilen twitter

''I'm told "at least one" new letter of no confidence submitted this morning... still unclear if/when the threshold will be reached but various sources estimate total at around 50 (trigger is 54)''

I would think Steve Baker is toiling away on the numbers

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1094 on May 25, 2022, 02:20:18 pm by SydneyRover »
850 health care workers dead by Jan 2021

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1095 on May 25, 2022, 03:00:27 pm by selby »
  Another bad day at the office lads?  old dodgy has got away with it again and that Sue Grey has let a lot of hopeful people down.
  Now the real question will be old stabber, will he have to commit suicide after making his glib, not me people statement, and even forgetting that old lucky legs Angie was there.
  It would be a turn around to compete with a Manchester City come back, and oh so funny.
  The big question now is do the Tories go after Stabber, or leave the useless dick where he is until after the next election?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 03:14:16 pm by selby »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1096 on May 25, 2022, 03:04:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
  Another bad day at the office lads?

You don't get it do you, you smug unpleasant man.

Johnson staying in No10 is THE best outcome for Labour. He's now forever tainted by this.

I want him gone, not for party advantage, but because we should never, ever accept and normalise having a morally bankrupt pathological liar leading the country.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1097 on May 25, 2022, 03:22:38 pm by selby »
  Thanks for the compliment Billy, if i didn't know better I would say your posts sound like your a little pissed off with life buddy, but on second thoughts it looks like your your usual know all bitter self.
  Have a nice day buddy.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #1098 on May 25, 2022, 03:44:05 pm by Bentley Bullet »
  Another bad day at the office lads?

You don't get it do you, you smug unpleasant man.

Johnson staying in No10 is THE best outcome for Labour. He's now forever tainted by this.

I want him gone, not for party advantage, but because we should never, evser accept and normalise having a morally bankrupt pathological liar leading the country.
In that case, if Johnson retains power in the next election, we should never accept it because those who didn't vote for him think he shouldn't lead the country.

So, I take it that means you will re-enact a similar response to the Brexit result and demand a revote?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #1099 on May 25, 2022, 03:51:39 pm by River Don »
He hasn't really got away with anything has he?

He's shown to be a liar and untrustworthy. He can't deny it.

It's the tory MPs who are choosing not to do anything about the situation. Somehow I don't think leaving him in power will prove to be a wise decision but we'll see.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1100 on May 25, 2022, 03:53:27 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
We are quickly approaching the point of Britain being a nation of liars aren't we?

We tell lies when we sign treaties
We tell lies in the House of Commons
We tell lies, by omission at least, when we report on current events
We tell lies when we seek to vilify someone
We tell lies every time the press goes to print
We tell lies by misusing 96% of statistics....
We tell lies to ourselves every single day by pretending to a world role that we do not and cannot have 
We tell lies by pretending we care about the mentally ill, the deprived, refugees and the North
We tell lies about the impact that Brexit will have
We tell lies about the flow of money, where it comes from and where it goes

This country is fundamentally dishonest.

BobG
Was it ever really different?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1101 on May 25, 2022, 03:58:27 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I'm sure it's been said before but the line up of potential replacements for Johnson is as dark as it gets. That's not to say Johnson shouldn't go. As BST said, it's a line that has been crossed, and then there's his history confirming that this is not a one of gaff, not that it was one off. He's persistently taking the piss. This is what Tory voters and MPs are content with.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #1102 on May 25, 2022, 04:23:28 pm by i_ateallthepies »
It's time that the focus of opposition condemnation be directed towards those tory MPs doing nothing to rid the country of this despicable liar.  Public memory of this must not be allowed to fade before the next election.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #1103 on May 25, 2022, 04:39:25 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I'm sure it's been said before but the line up of potential replacements for Johnson is as dark as it gets. That's not to say Johnson shouldn't go. As BST said, it's a line that has been crossed, and then there's his history confirming that this is not a one of gaff, not that it was one off. He's persistently taking the piss. This is what Tory voters and MPs are content with.
And none is as dark as Keir Starmer.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #1104 on May 25, 2022, 04:47:20 pm by selby »
  Correct BB, never get into bed with a quisling who in days gone by would have been on the gibbet for treason.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1105 on May 25, 2022, 06:07:40 pm by ravenrover »
Love the nickname for Johnson The Greasy Piglet

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1106 on May 25, 2022, 06:14:09 pm by ravenrover »
Word of the day is 'misken' (15th century): to refuse to recognise something by pretending it's not happening.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #1107 on May 25, 2022, 06:39:16 pm by scawsby steve »
Word of the day is 'misken' (15th century): to refuse to recognise something by pretending it's not happening.

Nice one, Raven. On the day of the Referendum result, all the Remainers must have been misken.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1108 on May 25, 2022, 06:51:31 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Starmer is far from my favourite, but not in the same league of perversity as the Tories. You'd prefer Sunak and his ability to understand the ordinary person, his sharing of his vast vast wealth, his denial of his wife's hoarding as being relevant even if not invested in off shore pirate states? Or Truss and her cheesy lines? Or Mogg's Victorian capitalism? Or...?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #1109 on May 25, 2022, 06:57:31 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Starmer is far from my favourite, but not in the same league of perversity as the Tories. You'd prefer Sunak and his ability to understand the ordinary person, his sharing of his vast vast wealth, his denial of his wife's hoarding as being relevant even if not invested in off shore pirate states? Or Truss and her cheesy lines? Or Mogg's Victorian capitalism? Or...?
Yes.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012