Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:01:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Adam Clayton  (Read 9251 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Adam Clayton
« Reply #120 on January 26, 2022, 11:16:59 am by BillyStubbsTears »
We desperately need some mesterliness in midfield.

Smith has a good engine and Galbraith has a lovely touch and pass but time and again we have looked short of that bit of nous. Trying the clever stuff 30 yards from our goal, or just being brushed aside by a physically more imposing opposition. If Clayton can bring that solidity, it might give the young uns a better base to take the game to the opposition. And perhaps let Rowe drop back in to left back and strengthen that areae.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on January 26, 2022, 11:22:43 am by roversdude »
2 loan spaces to fill - maybe a left back and another forward??

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on January 26, 2022, 11:26:13 am by RoversAlias »
"Mesterliness", it has to be a parody at this point.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on January 26, 2022, 11:27:28 am by DMnumber4 »
Why hasn't he played for a year?

Why has no one picked him up since his release? Or is that answered by the first question?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on January 26, 2022, 11:30:42 am by ravenrover »
I agree with BST, Rowe will probably drop back into the LB position when Clayton is fit. If as GMc is saying we are looking for a loan striker I wonder who out of the current front 3 will be benchwarming. It looks like we are getting a decent squad together which can only be strengthened if/when the sicknotes start returning

dijit8

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on January 26, 2022, 11:39:31 am by dijit8 »
Going back a few years i remember Dave MacKay playing Paul Raven and Steve Raffell as the centre halves after coming up from successful youth team. Both struggled he brought in Jack Ashurst who was maybe 34 at the time and played him alongside Raven who then progressed with an old head at the side of him and went on to a higher level.

Ian Atkins coming in as manager saw where we were struggling and registered himself as a player and sat in front of the back four made us a lot better and organised and stopped conceding simple goals.

Hopefully these older guys will come in play their part and our younger players will benefit from playing with experienced players.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on January 26, 2022, 12:29:56 pm by MachoMadness »
There is some value in signing old players with not much sell-on if they can help the young players alongside them develop. The problem is that in midfield we have Smith (not our player), Galbraith (not our player), Rowe (in his 30s), Bostock (in his 30s). Hopefully he can benefit Ravenhill, Hasani and Greaves even though they're all miles off it currently.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on January 26, 2022, 12:34:58 pm by roversdude »
Got to agree there is a massive gulf between our youth midfielders and what we need, I’m sure as others have said the addition of Clayton will bring these guys on. Look who Ian Snodin had around him when first in the team (I know he was exceptional but you never know)

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on January 26, 2022, 12:54:15 pm by elmsallrover »
I agree with BST, Rowe will probably drop back into the LB position when Clayton is fit. If as GMc is saying we are looking for a loan striker I wonder who out of the current front 3 will be benchwarming. It looks like we are getting a decent squad together which can only be strengthened if/when the sicknotes start returning
for me it must be bogle out of contract at the end of the season probably will be released start with players that will be here next season

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on January 26, 2022, 01:34:34 pm by ravenrover »
One problem there, Bogle isn't starting so not really part of the front 3

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on January 26, 2022, 02:07:30 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
I don’t think it will be a case of someone dropping out. We will need all the bodies we can have for the rest of the season if we are to have a chance of staying up. One of the main struggles this season has been that we haven’t had many good 90 minute performances, that’s down to our bench not being as strong and us fading in games.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on January 26, 2022, 02:09:50 pm by keyser_soze »
I bet Tommy Rowe is happy to just not be playing CB!

Metalmicky

• Forum Member

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on January 27, 2022, 01:42:24 pm by IDM »
There is some value in signing old players with not much sell-on if they can help the young players alongside them develop. The problem is that in midfield we have Smith (not our player), Galbraith (not our player), Rowe (in his 30s), Bostock (in his 30s). Hopefully he can benefit Ravenhill, Hasani and Greaves even though they're all miles off it currently.

There’s always a chance to add more MF players in the summer too, looking further ahead of course.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on January 28, 2022, 08:44:38 am by jmt23 »
Interesting listening to RadioSheffield last night, they had a Birmingham City fan on talking about the Sheff Wed player, and Adam Clayton - he thought Adam Clayton would have a huge impact on our team. The one word that keeps coming up is leadership and organisation.

I think along with his considerable skill level, this is something Ben Whiteman brought to DRFC, and we have been lacking ever since.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012