Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:38:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Yorkshire Post article comparing Barnsley and Donny's current position  (Read 1681 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Spud

• VSC Member
Re: Yorkshire Post article comparing Barnsley and Donny's current position
« Reply #1 on January 27, 2022, 10:38:39 am by Spud »
& an interesting one, just had to check the championship table to realise how badly Barnsley were doing this season.
We could have an exciting end of season at least, let's hope so.

roversdude

• VSC Member
I think one of the big takes from me is this paragraph
“The Rovers hierarchy publicly pledged that funds were available to improve the squad after a uniformly awful first half of the season and have kept good on their promise at the very least, mindful of how 2021 was a complete and unmitigated disaster“

The board deserve a lot of credit for at least giving us hope and being true to their word

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
They deserve it, but they won't get it from the usual suspects.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
Interesting point about Clayton and the job he could have done for Barnsley next year in Div 1. We could have a Neil Sullivan esque player on our hands here

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 27, 2022, 01:53:24 pm by rtid88 »
Just speaking to a Barnsley fan that I work with and he is totally disillusioned with the club at the moment.
When people moan about our board they haven't got a clue in comparison to the likes of the Barnsley board. Yes TB might not be a football man but he backs his managers.

Same can definitely not be said for Barnsley:
https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/january-transfer-window-any-barnsley-fc-signings-will-be-young-and-cheap-admits-poya-asbaghi-3527613

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
“The Rovers hierarchy publicly pledged that funds were available to improve the squad after a uniformly awful first half of the season and have kept good on their promise at the very least, mindful of how 2021 was a complete and unmitigated disaster“

The board deserve a lot of credit for at least giving us hope and being true to their word

Agree. The board have made mistakes this season but they have released the funds for players, both last summer and this window. Wellens wasted a lot of it on crap and the club were slow to bring in players this month but we now have a glimmer of hope of staying up. I think we have too much ground to make up even with the signings but even with that, i'd rather be in our position than Barnsleys. They look a club in total crisis and disarray from top to bottom.

andyst79

• Forum Member

Agree. The board have made mistakes this season but they have released the funds for players, both last summer and this window. Wellens wasted a lot of it on crap and the club were slow to bring in players this month but we now have a glimmer of hope of staying up. I think we have too much ground to make up even with the signings but even with that, i'd rather be in our position than Barnsleys. They look a club in total crisis and disarray from top to bottom.
I don't think the club were slow, January's a difficult window. We were all hoping for some new blood to inject some life into the team at the beginning of January but  it's better to wait 2-3 weeks for the right players who can have a more prolonged effect over the remainder of the season.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 27, 2022, 05:28:06 pm by jmt23 »
No they were not slow, they did the right thing - they gave their first targets a dead line. Listening to GMc it does sound as if our first and second targetsi were not up for the fight, it was all about the position we were in. So we may have had to go to other pre planned targets.

I like the Adam Clayton signing, and liked what he answered to “ what will you bring “ Leadership!

tyke1962

• Forum Member
A Protest Group has been formed and there will be a meeting taking place at The Garrison in Barnsley town centre on February 1st at 7PM .

The Protest Group was started by a lad who runs the Supporters YouTube channel Tykes TV and he started a Facebook group too

As I say it's set to come out in to the real world so to speak on Feb 1st .

There is also a Protest planned at the QPR home game which is the next home game following the Meeting .

Massive problems over here with the ethical , morality and competence of the ownership the main gripes .

roversdude

• VSC Member
Are these the Disney guys ?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
They tried to do it on the cheap and it’s cost them more to put it right. They put their faith in a manager who just didn’t work out, it happens to other clubs too. I think we can stay up, if we do the mistakes made need to be learned from.

At least they have realised and provided the funds. They did the same in the championship backing the manager. They are a good board but need help on the football side, they have been too hesitant at times.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 27, 2022, 07:33:05 pm by Janso »
They tried to do it on the cheap and it’s cost them more to put it right.

Ah that old chestnut.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012