Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:31:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Netto brigade  (Read 9465 times)

firestarter

• Forum Member
Netto brigade
« on February 02, 2022, 03:52:28 pm by firestarter »
Looks like some of them planning on buying yellow and black scarves to highlight their stance of support the team not the regime. Am sure that will really give the players the lift they need … pfft.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sha66y

• Forum Member
Re: Netto brigade
« Reply #1 on February 02, 2022, 03:57:01 pm by sha66y »
They are the “ angry birds” generation

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 02, 2022, 04:06:20 pm by normal rules »
Whoppers. The lot of em.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 02, 2022, 04:09:13 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
They pay their money and have a right to their opinion. The board certainly have done themselves no favours this season and an acknowledgement of this might be helpful.

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 02, 2022, 04:19:41 pm by TixTheBox »
We demand improvement. We demand change. We intend to make it happen. These are just the little things and just the beginning, the board still have the summer left as the very very last resort to sort it.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 02, 2022, 04:22:28 pm by normal rules »
8 new players in the transfer window. What else do U want? Oh, and they will take time to become a team. The “Rome” that was drfc, will take time to rebuild. The second half of any season is not the best time to start a rebuild, but that’s where we are at.

scunny rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 02, 2022, 04:23:39 pm by scunny rover »
We demand improvement. We demand change. We intend to make it happen. These are just the little things and just the beginning, the board still have the summer left as the very very last resort to sort it.
So I don't  understand  your going to buy them out then

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 02, 2022, 04:24:30 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Oh! In your opinion what are you going to do? Club you’re pocket money together to buy the club or do you have a hedge fund lurking in a cupboard at home? This isn't a board defending post by the way I’m genuinely curious because for all the bluster I haven’t heard one sensible alternative

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 02, 2022, 04:26:25 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Which is the main reason why IMO DRFC should aim to be a self sustainable fan owned club in the model of Exeter City. Then fans have a voice and a say and the club doesn't continue to have unaccountable owners. Despite their investment and funding of the club, they still need to front up to fans and not soft soap them with bullshit.

It is called taking responsibility for your actions. Actions which this season has seen us deliver one of the worst seasons in history and relegated by Feb.

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 02, 2022, 04:27:17 pm by TixTheBox »

Oh! In your opinion what are you going to do? Club you’re pocket money together to buy the club or do you have a hedge fund lurking in a cupboard at home? This isn't a board defending post by the way I’m genuinely curious because for all the bluster I haven’t heard one sensible alternative

You haven’t asked the right people then unfortunately.

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 02, 2022, 04:27:50 pm by ctay »
I don't agree with them. I think without Terry's money we would certainly be in a worse situation. I can see the benefit of the club Doncaster project to try and make us as self sufficient as possible.

What I do think is that between GV/DB/TB, they have made some poor decisions over the last couple of years and that is why we are in the situation we are in. For me its a lack of a football person on the board. Did they get lucky with previous appointments? Did the luck run out on manager selection? The time it takes to appoint a manager, the recruitment process and the people involved etc.

If TB wasn't willing to invest in new players, the Marquis/Whiteman money went on keeping the club going... then so be it, he is the owner its up to him. I totally get the frustrations with the fanbase, it is split at the minute. The older generation saw what a Richardson type could do to a club, so are naturally reluctant for debt/takeovers etc.

The club are on a downward spiral at an alarming rate. What's the answer? A takeover.... I don't see a queue of people looking to buy us. Investment, new structure within the club? I personally thought an experienced manager should have been a priority, but everyone thinks differently. The split in the fanbase is sad really but is understandable. Should we be happy with the current position, no. Is it a massive concern, yes... I honestly don't know what the answer is. I am not sure getting TB to walk away is though either.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 02, 2022, 04:28:53 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Which is the main reason why IMO DRFC should aim to be a self sustainable fan owned club in the model of Exeter City. Then fans have a voice and a say and the club doesn't continue to have unaccountable owners. Despite their investment and funding of the club, they still need to front up to fans and not soft soap them with bullshit.

Do we have enough wealthy fans that a) wouldn’t walk away when things get tough or another netto brigade arose and b) be prepared to put their own money in? I would say the answer is a big fat no

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 02, 2022, 04:29:14 pm by vaya »

Could you expand on the possible alternatives?

scunny rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 02, 2022, 04:30:26 pm by scunny rover »

Which is the main reason why IMO DRFC should aim to be a self sustainable fan owned club in the model of Exeter City. Then fans have a voice and a say and the club doesn't continue to have unaccountable owners. Despite their investment and funding of the club, they still need to front up to fans and not soft soap them
It is called taking responsibility for your actions. Actions which this season has seen us deliver one of the worst seasons in history and relegated by Feb.
So how much you thinking of putting in then , you still need to buy them out,how much is the club worth ?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 02, 2022, 04:31:20 pm by Filo »

Are you stamping your feet when you type that?

Who’s going to fund the club after your demands are met?

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 02, 2022, 04:32:18 pm by TixTheBox »
Not one of us involved in “Netto” have said Terry Bramall’s money isn’t good enough, neither has anything been aimed at him.

The issue we have is not and never has been about what size budget we have.

Let’s get that straight right away.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 02, 2022, 04:32:27 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Do we have enough wealthy fans that a) wouldn’t walk away when things get tough or another netto brigade arose and b) be prepared to put their own money in? I would say the answer is a big fat no

It has been done and can be done. Everything at Exeter City has to be passed by motions by the supporters. Every spend accounted for and the club run professionally like any business with paid staff of course but accountable staff.

Just my view as i dislike the idea that one or a few people call the shots just because they are keeping the club afloat. It gives them all the cards. Always.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 02, 2022, 04:35:09 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Not one of us involved in “Netto” have said Terry Bramall’s money isn’t good enough, neither has anything been aimed at him.

What actually is your issue then and how do you fix it?  There doesn't seem to be many answers.

Not a dig btw I have no idea how we get better bar developing the players we've brought in with potential (which on the face of it is a start).

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 02, 2022, 04:37:03 pm by DearneValleyRover »

What is your problem then? Let’s be clear Terry Funds the Club, Blunt holds the purse strings and Gavin does the day to day running. Without Blunt and Baldwin, Terry walks, simple as that, then zero funding. The banner you have has Gavin’s face on it, why? He doesn’t decide what can be spent or how much funding is put into the squad.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 02, 2022, 04:38:16 pm by DearneValleyRover »

It has been done and can be done. Everything at Exeter City has to be passed by motions by the supporters. Every spend accounted for and the club run professionally like any business with paid staff of course but accountable staff.

Just my view as i dislike the idea that one or a few people call the shots just because they are keeping the club afloat. It gives them all the cards. Always.

I’m not disputing that I just don’t believe we have sufficient enough fans who want that modal at our club

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 02, 2022, 04:38:59 pm by Filo »
It’s like the Monty Python what have the Romans ever done for us sketch

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 02, 2022, 04:41:42 pm by roversdude »

What’s your business plan please

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 02, 2022, 04:42:34 pm by DearneValleyRover »

No, the right people as you say haven’t publicly stated anything

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 02, 2022, 04:44:17 pm by normal rules »
The team are in decline. It’s called football. Someone wins. Someone loses.
Let’s protest about it.
Ffs. Get a life.

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 02, 2022, 04:53:08 pm by TixTheBox »

A chairman that possesses more passion to wanting to be at a football club and can build a connection with the fanbase.

A footballing CEO who’s ideas are more suited to modern day football who see’s that building the clubs revenue through progression and smart recruitment on the football pitch as the absolute number 1 priority.

Look, neither Blunt or Baldwin are nasty c*nts like those at Oldham. They clearly don’t want us to fail. But we are and they are the reasons why. They are dinosaurs to the game now, just look for instance this “mentor” b*llocks they think is in any way, shape or form as compatible as things like a DoF.

Their ideas are outdated. Just look at your progressive clubs now that were/are a similar size to us.

I spotted our fall early on and was “just a troll”. Since then it’s become more obvious to a continuously growing number… And not just “young kids” as people like to throw about, I’ve spoken to people in their 40/50/60’s who now see it. I’ve spoken to people who early on disagreed massively with mine and others views of things who are now on the same side of thinking.

How this club is ran was fine in the early 2000’s. It isn’t now. Drastic change is absolutely necessary.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 02, 2022, 04:55:35 pm by vaya »

A chairman that possesses more passion to wanting to be at a football club and can build a connection with the fanbase.

A footballing CEO who’s ideas are more suited to modern day football who see’s that building the clubs revenue through progression and smart recruitment on the football pitch as the absolute number 1 priority.

Look, both Blunt and Baldwin are nasty c*nts like those at Oldham. They clearly don’t want us to fail. But we are and they are the reasons why. They are dinosaurs to the game now, just look for instance this “mentor” b*llocks they think is in any way, shape or form as compatible as things like a DoF.

Their ideas are outdated. Just look at your progressive clubs now that were/are a similar size to us.

I spotted our fall early on and was “just a troll”. Since then it’s become more obvious to a continuously growing number… And not just “young kids” as people like to throw about, I’ve spoken to people in their 40/50/60’s who now see it. I’ve spoken to people who early on disagreed massively with mine and others views of things who are now on the same side of thinking.

How this club is ran was fine in the early 2000’s. It isn’t now. Drastic change is absolutely necessary.

You want to double-check the third paragraph?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 02, 2022, 04:57:29 pm by Filo »

Look, neither Blunt or Baldwin are nasty c*nts like those at Oldham. They clearly don’t want us to fail. But we are and they are the reasons why. They are dinosaurs to the game now, just look for instance this “mentor” b*llocks they think is in any way, shape or form as compatible as things like a DoF.

Can you enlighten us to why they are nasty Kitsons, evidence and stuff, or is that you stamping your feet again?

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 02, 2022, 04:59:01 pm by lee.j09 »

Can you enlighten us to why they are nasty Kitsons, evidence and stuff, or is that you stamping your feet again?

He stated they aren’t nasty

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 02, 2022, 05:00:05 pm by TixTheBox »

Look, both Blunt and Baldwin are nasty c*nts like those at Oldham. They clearly don’t want us to fail. But we are and they are the reasons why. They are dinosaurs to the game now, just look for instance this “mentor” b*llocks they think is in any way, shape or form as compatible as things like a DoF.

You want to double-check the third paragraph?

Yes I re-read after I posted and spotted it. Obviously meant “aren’t nasty c*nts”. Changed it now to make it more clear.

They aren’t running us maliciously, they just are no longer up to cop.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 02, 2022, 05:00:44 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Go on then, enlighten us all? I can honestly say that if there is a genuine way forward to solve the problems we have at present that is viable you would have the entire fan base behind you. Alas it’s all rhetoric until this group of yours puts something forward which as present hasn’t happened

TinyPortal © 2005-2012