Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 05:29:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Netto brigade  (Read 9736 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Netto brigade
« Reply #120 on February 03, 2022, 10:26:35 am by Filo »
Have any of you ever heard the saying,

“If you walk in a room that smells of shit, stay in the room for ten minutes, all of a sudden it doesn’t smell like shit”

That’s DRFC at the moment- all of you are immune to what’s going off, just because you can’t smell the shit, it doesn’t mean it isn’t shit!!

Just because you can smell shit doesn't mean you can treat others like shit.

Put a sock in it yeah.

If some of you lot get your tongue any further up filos arse then you’ll come out his mouth.

I smell shit.

It's good for the rest of Rovers fans to see the real puerile attitude of the Netto brigade for themselves. How to cover yourselves in a lack of glory in one easy lesson. So persuasive.

That is awkward as we’ve spoke and none of us know who he is :)

Unless you think we’d have me posting maturely just to have another one of us completely undo that by posting stuff like that? Come off it ffs :lol:

So basically you are saying he has nothing to do with your supermarket, even though he claims to be a member?

So is he a dick or not?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on February 03, 2022, 10:38:32 am by BVB »
When are these yellow and black scarfs arriving ?
Are you buying them in job lots 2, 3, 4, or a massive half a dozen ?
Also don’t be surprised or embarrassed if people laugh at you

Will come in useful when we play Oxford and Burton

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on February 03, 2022, 11:22:37 am by wesisback »
I have to admit that having not attended a game for well over 2 years now, I have been nothing more than a quiet observer, but it does scream out to me that there is something seriously and worryingly going wrong with the club. We appear to be in freefall and it has all the same symptoms of previous clubs where the problems go much much deeper than the playing staff and manager.

Can anyone point to a single element of the club, that when you compare it to 10 years ago, is in a much better position now than it was then? What has actually happened that would constitute a success?

We've gone from being a club that spent 6 seasons either in the Championship or fighting for promotion from League One, to a club that has spent 3 of the last 6 seasons either in League Two, or a relegation fight.

We somehow ended up in the laughable situation of sacking a manager 6 games into the season because the club were "ambitious for a top-six finish and that is, and will remain, our aim,". Yet we then ended up from said ambition of a play off finish to being relegated and not a single player of that squad was out of contract.

Fast forward a couple of years and we ended up reaching the play-offs with what has to be considered a heoric effort from the squad and had over half the first team out of contract.

In our last 3 relegations, we did not releive any of the managers of their duties - speaking of managers, the 8 we have had, 4 jumped ship at the first opportunity, and with the exception of Wellens, those that were sacked were either 6 games into the season or just after our only league title in 30 years.

Off the pitch we attract less fans and less season ticket holders than we did a decade ago, our fan base appears to be dwindling or shrinking, if you look at the latest balance sheet and accounts we generate less revenue and are no less reliant on the owners plugging the shortfall every year now than we were 10 years ago. Our debt situation does however look much better, but only because the debt has either been written off or converted to equity which dilutes the shareholding of other smaller shareholders like the supporters trust. I believe the total amount of money lost now stands at over £30 Million. Which let's face it, is a staggering amount but pocket change in modern football.

It appears that by almost every measurable metric, we are a club going backwards. It's inevitable that eventually the frustration of fans is aimed beyond the pitch and towards those running the club. I'm not going to try and blame the above on any one individual at the club or those owning it. I've been lucky over the years that due to varying roles across fan organisations, and volunteering my time to be SLO I was fortunate enough to spend time in the company of those running the club and I do genuinely believe they act in the club's best interest and I do believe that we owe them a huge debt of keeping our club going at the expense of their own wallets.

But I think it's right there is an air of concern at the moment and it's only right that questions are asked. Whilst the debacle in the Richardson era makes us all that much grateful to have owners like we do, it is also a lesson of what can go tragically wrong if those at the top are left unchecked and allowed to do as they please because no one has an answer to the question: "What's the alternative?"

As I say I haven't been as active over the past few years down to my own personal circumstances, and maybe this isn't the same mindset as the majority of Rovers fans, but is just my humble observation.
Five pages of the usual rubbish from the usual rabble and completely unsurprised to see not one person has anything to respond to this.
However the most important part of it is that its two years since Lee attended a game. Something that is endemic across Doncaster and the local public.
I'm bored of reading what a successful job they're doing when fans are clearly that turned off they've abandoned the club in their droves.
Talk to me about alternative revenue all you want but it relies on peoples opinion ultimately on the club.
I sat in a group chat on Monday this week with 7 people who used to attend Rovers regularly, two tickets for the Rotherham game were offered for free. Nobody opted to take them.

The problem at hand here is that none, including those at the top see that as an issue.

Regards

WesG  (Four seasons without attending a home game)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on February 03, 2022, 11:33:55 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Wes

So you chose not to attend home games while we we getting to within a penalty kick away from Wembley, while we were having one of the greatest runs of league form in our history and while we matched our best cup run ever?

I wonder if the problem is with you and Crofty rather than the club? Some folk do lose their mojo as the years progress.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 11:36:46 am by BillyStubbsTears »

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on February 03, 2022, 11:36:38 am by drfc1951 »
Four seasons of attending away games, and putting money into other clubs rather than Rovers

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on February 03, 2022, 11:38:07 am by DonnyOsmond »
Maybe the people manufacturing the scarfs will make a bid to buy the club with all these funds they're making.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on February 03, 2022, 11:51:21 am by pib »
Wes

So you chose not to attend home games while we we getting to within a penalty kick away from Wembley, while we were having one of the greatest runs of league form in our history and while we matched our best cup run ever?

I wonder if the problem is with you and Crofty rather than the club? Some folk do lose their mojo as the years progress.

Well, McCann and his team didn't overachieve that season so maybe those achievements weren't enough to persuade them to come back?  ;)

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on February 03, 2022, 11:56:38 am by jmt23 »
The main problem I see is, irrespective of what is said by the club, they (netto massif) choose to ignore, or refuse to believe. They also seem to change what is their point to this on a regular basis.

It would be great  for them to meet with the club to ask their questions, and get answers (most which have been answered) and hopefully it could be done in public, so they can be seen by all.
Then they can return to being normal fans attending the games and supporting the club, rather than other clubs  :blink:

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on February 03, 2022, 11:57:49 am by wesisback »
Wes

They do indeed and my time is certainly more limited and priorities different. I have however done 3 away games and 3 neutral games suggesting that I haven't fallen completely out of love with live football.
I'm sure you can look at the data and see I'm in the same pool as thousands of others.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on February 03, 2022, 12:01:32 pm by graingrover »
Why do the Netto leaders not ask for a meeting with the CEO and the Board to outline their grievances , get some explanations as and even make some suggestions .

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on February 03, 2022, 12:02:29 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
The main problem I see is, irrespective of what is said by the club, they (netto massif) choose to ignore, or refuse to believe. They also seem to change what is their point to this on a regular basis.

It would be great  for them to meet with the club to ask their questions, and get answers (most which have been answered) and hopefully it could be done in public, so they can be seen by all.
Then they can return to being normal fans attending the games and supporting the club, rather than other clubs  :blink:

I'm sure SM would be able to arrange something, if one of the Netto crew were man enough to do it whilst being streamed on the net. At least we'd know they were serious then.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on February 03, 2022, 12:05:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Wes

Well, McCann and his team didn't overachieve that season so maybe those achievements weren't enough to persuade them to come back?  ;)

He pretty much achieved what I would have expected, give what he inherited and how he was supported.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on February 03, 2022, 12:08:55 pm by Draytonian III »
The Netto leaders could ask for a meeting with the Board and CEO but it would have take place after school has finished and before their dinosaur burgers and curly fries was ready, it doesn’t give much time.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on February 03, 2022, 12:13:00 pm by DRFCSouth »
A meeting might achieve more than the usual pre prepared tame q's & a's.

And I'm not one of the brigade.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on February 03, 2022, 01:16:58 pm by phil old leake »
Wes if you don’t like the club that much go and be unhappy with another club

Surely the idea behind supporting a club is to be there through thick or thin not just the days it suits

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on February 03, 2022, 01:45:35 pm by Upton Rover »
They pay their money and have a right to their opinion. The board certainly have done themselves no favours this season and an acknowledgement of this might be helpful.
well said same as the do-gooders

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on February 03, 2022, 01:51:30 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Surely the idea behind supporting a club is to be there through thick or thin not just the days it suits

This is such an archaic concept in today's modern football world. Gone are the days when most fans just had a few beers, watched the game and then went home and forgot about it. Many fans these days see themselves almost as shareholders with a stake in the club more than just an attendee. They want to be part of the club, lock, stock and barrel - without putting any of their own money in of course - but i understand the passion and the demand for accountability.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on February 03, 2022, 02:23:53 pm by BVB »

You are quite at liberty to provide your own non-tame questions.
Did you do so.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on February 03, 2022, 02:37:53 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
On another subject if we are doing so well with club Doncaster, why can’t we afford an experienced goalkeeper as has been suggested?.

The only thing that has got stronger is club Doncaster, which provides extra funding, the problem is for the money to be spent right you need the right manager. The last one wasn’t and this one looks none too promising.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on February 03, 2022, 02:44:34 pm by bobjimwilly »
isn't it simple? All they're asking for is we get a better manager, buy some really good players, who can win matches and get us promoted? I mean, it's not that hard, surely?
Bournemouth got to the Premier League; Brighton got to the Premier League, Brentford are in the Premier League, so we should be at least in Tier 2!

Bloody shite - sack the board! And get in.... *checks notes* someone else!

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #140 on February 03, 2022, 03:05:26 pm by DRFCSouth »

You are quite at liberty to provide your own non-tame questions.
Did you do so.

It was mentioned they might benefit from a meeting. Those in the so called brigade.

A lot of people were disappointed with the questions aimed at the owners last time around.

It should be a turn up and put them on the spot routine.

They don't have to answer or turn up. But they are losing fans. We aren't exactly a club that can afford that.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on February 03, 2022, 03:43:13 pm by VivaRovers »
Not one of us involved in “Netto” have said Terry Bramall’s money isn’t good enough, neither has anything been aimed at him.

Have to say this is a surprise. 'Shops at Netto' etc to me suggests that the crux of the issue for people pushing this argumenty is that not enough money is being spent.

If that's not what the folk behind that Netto flag are trying to get across then they might want to try a different tact/slogan because that's the first thing presumed by anyone I've heard talk about it, myself included.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on February 03, 2022, 03:49:14 pm by VivaRovers »

Give over man... people's approach to support differs, things come and go in peoples lives that take precedence. I haven't been to a home game now in two and a half years, and I've felt distanced from the club this season too. For me it's nowt to do with the board as I see it, but a range of other factors.

You can be unhappy about a club, and you can be put off going, but they're still your club. None of us started supporting Rovers for the bloody glory.

Wes, hope you find a time when you're enthused about a home game again.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on February 03, 2022, 03:49:26 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Not one of us involved in “Netto” have said Terry Bramall’s money isn’t good enough, neither has anything been aimed at him.

Have to say this is a surprise. 'Shops at Netto' etc to me suggests that the crux of the issue for people pushing this argumenty is that not enough money is being spent.

If that's not what the folk behind that Netto flag are trying to get across then they might want to try a different tact/slogan because that's the first thing presumed by anyone I've heard talk about it, myself included.

Viva, would you be willing to interview a representative of the Netto brigade for the fanzine? If they really want changes to happen surely they'd jump at the chance for whatever their message is to reach more fans.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #144 on February 03, 2022, 03:55:24 pm by roversdude »
Maybe the people manufacturing the scarfs will make a bid to buy the club with all these funds they're making.

I’m really hoping the scarfs are very very tight

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on February 03, 2022, 03:58:15 pm by VivaRovers »
Viva, would you be willing to interview a representative of the Netto brigade for the fanzine? If they really want changes to happen surely they'd jump at the chance for whatever their message is to reach more fans.

No I wouldn't. But that's because I don't see why I should be interviewing any fan about what they think about the club really?

If people want to write a column for the fanzine about issues relating to the club then the door is always open to them as an independent platform. Always has been, always will be.

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on February 03, 2022, 04:37:10 pm by Donnybob »
Who remembers, "We follow them all over, in a Yorkshire Traction bus"? Not many, I'll gamble. Even fewer in the Netto Squad.

I have to say I've never been more embarassed to follow Doncaster Rovers. Not because of the dismal state of affairs on the pitch, or with the management. Many of us have experienced worse. Its cyclical. You think things are ticking along okay and out of the blue it suddenly all goes pear shape for a couple of seasons.

Then we bounce back, the ship stabilizes and things get back to normal.

No, what really causes me to be embarassed is those who drive support away by ridiculing the club and demonizing its every action across social media, on forums and general feet stamping. Juvenile tantrums, illogical demands, fantasy solutions, barely a brain cell between them but all over the internet like a fetid, stinking rash.

I want no association with them. I wish they would take their so-called 'support' elsewhere but it's not going to happen, is it? We are cursed with them like zombies in the Walking Dead.

The way the mood fluctuates on here is ridiculous. One win and the balloons are out, ticker tape parades, the only way is up, one day soon we'll win the Champions League.

One defeat and it's the end off the world. Alert the suicide squad. Samaritans working overtime.

If it weren't so seriously illogical and idiotic at both extremes then it would be laughable. A joke. No wonder folk stay away. Who wants to spend 90 minutes surrounded by and hearing nothing but the negative ill-informed opinions of morons?

If only the Netto squad could appreciate the damage they do. Instead of mouthing off constantly, why not get together, form an official group, appoint a chairman, bash out a load of proposals (solutions) and ask to meet the board so you can lay out your fully funded blueprint for securing a guaranteed future on the sunny uplands.

We don't need reminding how Bournemouth, Swansea, Brentford, Oldham, Bradford City and Barnsley all made it to the promised land. That is irrellevant. We'd love to read your costed plans for how it can be achieved at little old Donny and set against a timescale with details of where your funds are coming from, of course, and it will all meet Financial Fair Play regulations, won't it?

Instead of telling us what's wrong, tell us how to put it right and when you are going to start this master plan.

Surely that's not a lot to ask, is it?

Mind you, if you are really smart you will be down the Patent Office on Monday morning with your blueprint as there are at least 50 clubs out there who would pay a small fortune for this failsafe solution of yours.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #147 on February 03, 2022, 05:25:45 pm by PDX_Rover »
Who remembers, "We follow them all over, in a Yorkshire Traction bus"? Not many, I'll gamble. Even fewer in the Netto Squad.

I have to say I've never been more embarassed to follow Doncaster Rovers. Not because of the dismal state of affairs on the pitch, or with the management. Many of us have experienced worse. Its cyclical. You think things are ticking along okay and out of the blue it suddenly all goes pear shape for a couple of seasons.

Then we bounce back, the ship stabilizes and things get back to normal.

No, what really causes me to be embarassed is those who drive support away by ridiculing the club and demonizing its every action across social media, on forums and general feet stamping. Juvenile tantrums, illogical demands, fantasy solutions, barely a brain cell between them but all over the internet like a fetid, stinking rash.

I want no association with them. I wish they would take their so-called 'support' elsewhere but it's not going to happen, is it? We are cursed with them like zombies in the Walking Dead.

The way the mood fluctuates on here is ridiculous. One win and the balloons are out, ticker tape parades, the only way is up, one day soon we'll win the Champions League.

One defeat and it's the end off the world. Alert the suicide squad. Samaritans working overtime.

If it weren't so seriously illogical and idiotic at both extremes then it would be laughable. A joke. No wonder folk stay away. Who wants to spend 90 minutes surrounded by and hearing nothing but the negative ill-informed opinions of morons?

If only the Netto squad could appreciate the damage they do. Instead of mouthing off constantly, why not get together, form an official group, appoint a chairman, bash out a load of proposals (solutions) and ask to meet the board so you can lay out your fully funded blueprint for securing a guaranteed future on the sunny uplands.

We don't need reminding how Bournemouth, Swansea, Brentford, Oldham, Bradford City and Barnsley all made it to the promised land. That is irrellevant. We'd love to read your costed plans for how it can be achieved at little old Donny and set against a timescale with details of where your funds are coming from, of course, and it will all meet Financial Fair Play regulations, won't it?

Instead of telling us what's wrong, tell us how to put it right and when you are going to start this master plan.

Surely that's not a lot to ask, is it?

Mind you, if you are really smart you will be down the Patent Office on Monday morning with your blueprint as there are at least 50 clubs out there who would pay a small fortune for this failsafe solution of yours.

Thank you. Common sense.

As supporters we pay and our money and have a right to our own opinion.

I respect everyone who supports Rovers, because it’s never been an easy or fashionable option, has it? We’ve historically been a third or fourth tier club, and the Championship years were a wonderful thing. It’s been a pretty tumultuous decade for Rovers when you look back. We had the falling out of the three amigos, and all the shenanigans and nonsense with hedge funds and Louis Tomlinson… the experiment… There have been mistakes and missteps even when JR, TB and DW were together.

I believe we can have a solid Championship club. But now there needs to be consolidation at the club. We’ve had a period of chaos in terms of managers, some of it out of the board’s control, some of it not.

We all know it is much easier to be an armchair supporter of a big premier league club… But we’re better people than that. Because we care.

The supporters of our club dug deep 25 years ago to campaign against a criminal owner that willfully wanted to close down the club for the land he thought the club owned.

JR resurrected us and brought in Terry and Dick. We know what happened then. A blaze of glory, new ground, champagne football, sticking two fingers up to the bigger clubs…

All things comes to an end though, even the good things, and now we’ve been in a downwards trajectory. That too will end.

I don’t think any supporter is happy with the current state of things. Sure we can argue about this, that or the other, but it doesn’t solve anything.

I feel sure the board recognise and acknowledge the situation too. They’re not stupid. I think having a go at Gavin Baldwin personally is way put of line. He’s one of the best at what he does. The club does need other revenue streams, and Club Doncaster is very progressive IMO.

Terry funds the club. David Blunt holds the purse strings. So if anything, if the complaint is financial, maybe questions should be asked of DB?

We are where we are. I suggest if a group of supporters have serious intentions regarding changes at the top, then come prepared. Do your homework, ask for a meeting with David Blunt. He’s the Chairman. Have your questions sorted. Have alternative solutions to hand. What would you like to see? Otherwise it just looks like a bunch of fools jumping up and down behind a cheap flag. You need to be legit.

If we do manage the seemingly impossible and stay up, amazing. Personally, I’m ok with going down to L2 and regrouping. I really do think we have a guy in McSheffrey who is astute, obviously on a steep learning curve, but who is intelligent and given a decent amount of time, can really put something special together at Rovers.

We need some continuity. I think we’ve actually recruited pretty well last month. Question marks over the Mitchell and Clayton’s fitness but maybe both come good.

I’m as pissed off as the next fan right now, but I believe things will improve. GMc needs time. Hopefully he gets it.

And I hope the Netto brigade are able to air their grievances in a mature and organized way if they have true merit and are not simply foot stamping.

RTID

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on February 03, 2022, 05:50:29 pm by roversdude »
Donnybob/PDX
Brilliant posts couldn’t have put it better

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #149 on February 03, 2022, 06:00:46 pm by Draytonian III »
I echo wholeheartedly the content of those previous extended posts