Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 08:33:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rubbish  (Read 7557 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Rubbish
« Reply #60 on February 12, 2022, 06:13:07 pm by GazLaz »
We were ok first half poor second half. Three games in a week is tough with an unfit group.

I’ve said all along Feb is going to be a shocker of a month. We’ve had some ok results but with the disappointments to match. Next season starts on the 5th March for me. We then have a  less intense run of tough games and we will see exactly where we are.

We have improved from the real low point of the season but improvement isn’t a linear thing. The question is can we improve enough by the end of the season to get to the standard we need to be to realistically be a force in the early part of next season with a title race in mind. Time will tell.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on February 12, 2022, 06:24:29 pm by Chris Black come back »
It was unavoidable but we signed some good and promising players in the window, but none of them were anywhere near match fitness. This is why we die after 30-45mins. Agard had completed 90 minutes once all season before joining us, in a joke FLT game against Arsenal under 21s. Clayton had not played a single minute of football since 30 January 2021 (ie in 12 months). Mipo had managed 6 sub appearances this season. Martin had managed 5 sub appearances. Griffiths had played once for the Lyon B team. Younger had played 5 times in the FLT.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on February 12, 2022, 06:31:44 pm by Lesonthewest »
Oh dear, that second half is indefensible, new manager, new set piece coach, new players, same old problems, looked like we have gone backwards. If we carry on like this to the end of the season I fear for us in league 2.

Carry on like this!
A week is a long time in football eh

Certainly is, that's another 2 games gone where we should have been fighting tooth & nail for a result, we have shown almost nothing in either, but never mind there's always next week, still loads of games left.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on February 12, 2022, 06:36:41 pm by Chris Black come back »
We are currently 9 points adrift (10 if you include goal difference, but let’s say 9 points). We have 14 games left.

In the last 14 games we have won three times, that’s a total of 9 points we gained in those 14 games. Played some tough games in that run, played bad sides in that run. A decent mix.

So even if Wimbledon didn’t get a single point between now and the rest of the season, we are unlikely to catch them on recent form. And they have a game in hand on us.

We are absolutely awful.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 06:42:12 pm by Chris Black come back »

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on February 12, 2022, 06:40:45 pm by Bessie Red »
First half we looked like a decent League 1 outfit and probably should've gone in 1-0 up.
Second half we looked like a team bottom of the Central Midlands League!!
How can we have two such different performances in the same game? It has to be a mix of poor fitness and zero confidence when we concede!

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on February 12, 2022, 06:54:34 pm by Padge_DRFC »
What frustrated me today is the 3 lads who were substituted. Not one of them acknowledged the applause from the rovers fans. They just trotted off without a second glance. We have paid a fortune to trek half the length of the country to watch that implosion. The least they can do is give us a half hearted round of applause

Dodoo hasn't got a clue what's going off on a football pitch never mind what's off it.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on February 12, 2022, 10:30:51 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
4-0???? Sweet christ!! I left for a weekend away at 2-0 and that was bad enough. Just logged on to see 4! Pathetic!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on February 12, 2022, 11:09:22 pm by dickos1 »
Supporters can’t handle a manager prepping for next season.
It could be what we’re doing now and look at the response after each defeat
Week after week I have to laugh at your comments , you call that prepping for next season , there’s no prepping for next season if results carry on GM will be sacked are rightfully so

You disagreeing with me! I’ll gladly take that as a compliment of the highest regard.
You are clueless

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on February 13, 2022, 12:37:20 am by drfchound »
We were ok first half poor second half. Three games in a week is tough with an unfit group.

I’ve said all along Feb is going to be a shocker of a month. We’ve had some ok results but with the disappointments to match. Next season starts on the 5th March for me. We then have a  less intense run of tough games and we will see exactly where we are.

We have improved from the real low point of the season but improvement isn’t a linear thing. The question is can we improve enough by the end of the season to get to the standard we need to be to realistically be a force in the early part of next season with a title race in mind. Time will tell.

Gaz, with respect mate we aren’t playing three games a week.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on February 13, 2022, 07:16:21 am by GazLaz »

There games in 7 days and 2hrs then.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on February 13, 2022, 08:03:58 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I refuse to believe that GM, Sinclair and Hodges can't see the defensive problems and aren't capable of addressing them at the training ground.

I only saw the highlights but, what we saw for the goals was very basic stuff. We might have well not bothered with a left back as their wide men were given all the time and space to do whatever they wanted. On top of that the positioning, marking in the middle by our centre halves was non existent with no intention of trying to attack the ball.

Unfortunately, and not just in this game Olowu seems to try and find space where the ball is unlikely to go as if he's avoiding confrontation.

We all know losing games is mentally and physically sapping but basic defending should already be drilled into them from young ages so theirs no excuse for that yesterday.

Unfortunate that Willians was unavailable yesterday but we need square pegs in square holes in a back four pronto.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on February 13, 2022, 09:15:23 am by Campsall rover »
I refuse to believe that GM, Sinclair and Hodges can't see the defensive problems and aren't capable of addressing them at the training ground.

I only saw the highlights but, what we saw for the goals was very basic stuff. We might have well not bothered with a left back as their wide men were given all the time and space to do whatever they wanted. On top of that the positioning, marking in the middle by our centre halves was non existent with no intention of trying to attack the ball.

Unfortunately, and not just in this game Olowu seems to try and find space where the ball is unlikely to go as if he's avoiding confrontation.

We all know losing games is mentally and physically sapping but basic defending should already be drilled into them from young ages so theirs no excuse for that yesterday.

Unfortunate that Willians was unavailable yesterday but we need square pegs in square holes in a back four pronto.
Don’t understand that DBR
Our back 4 of Knoyle, Younger, Olowu, Jackson were all playing in there best positions. Without Anderson that is our best back 4
Who would you put Williams in for? To be honest he is not good enough to be in the team imo.
He can’t head a ball, so for a centre back that is a worry to me.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 09:23:36 am by Campsall rover »

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on February 13, 2022, 11:00:12 am by The Beast »
Olowu and Younger have both got potential but that’s it, potential, you should probably play one of them with an experienced centre half, the problem is we haven’t got one, no idea when Anderson is back but Williams is not really robust enough for my liking. Never been a big Butler fan but he’d put his head in where it hurts, his legs have gone but he could lead, compete and organise, we’ve got no talkers no leaders on the pitch, ideally you need 3 or 4 to stand a chance.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on February 13, 2022, 11:31:26 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Knoyle is actually just not very good. Probably one of our most disappointing signings IMO. Don't want to see him next season but will probably have to.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on February 13, 2022, 11:44:43 am by Filo »
Knoyle is actually just not very good. Probably one of our most disappointing signings IMO. Don't want to see him next season but will probably have to.

Two goals yesterday were directly down to him, beaten at the back post by the attacker, one of the strikers should have been in our team, if a cock up hadn’t occurred in the summer transfer window

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on February 13, 2022, 12:10:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I've lost count of the number of goals we've conceded from crosses to the back stick and Knoyle being out-mestered.

8? 10? 12?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on February 13, 2022, 12:18:07 pm by Chris Black come back »
It’s hard to find a signing of any kind in the last two windows who you would say has despite the circus act unfolding around them, done “well”. Not “ok” but “well”.

Rowe maybe. Now and then Galbraith and Smith. Cannot say that any signing has done well though.

Close was probably the marque signing and has played twice in the last four months, and now out for the season.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on February 13, 2022, 12:19:46 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Knoyle has actually impressed me more as an attacking full back when he would get up the flank and get balls in like the very first games of the season. Also first half at Gillingham away he was a nuisance. Defensively he's terrible. Too lightweight. Not good enough if he's to be used solely as a defender.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on February 13, 2022, 12:30:59 pm by drfchound »

There games in 7 days and 2hrs then.

Sorry mate, how do you work that out.
Saturday to Friday is seven days.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 12:34:12 pm by drfchound »

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on February 13, 2022, 12:37:13 pm by Upton Rover »
People who think we have a good retained squad for L2 next season are way off the mark, we are so disorganised and Tbh I think there’s worse to come on what are really testing times for the club it’s all a mess.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on February 13, 2022, 01:24:54 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Two goals yesterday were directly down to him, beaten at the back post by the attacker, one of the strikers should have been in our team, if a cock up hadn’t occurred in the summer transfer window

He shouldn't have to be in that position getting overloaded with two players coming in at the back post. One of the centre half's should be covering the far post area.

Whatever you think about Ro Shaun Williams, he's robust enough and experienced enough to get the positioning more right than wrong. He's the best we've got until Anderson and John return.

Knoyle is a good player and he's shown he  can be flexible, as with Rowe, but they are not centre halves and can't provide enough physicality to play central defence regularly. Knoyle is better served at right back but he's getting dragged inside cos the positioning of Younger and Olowu leaves alot to be desired at times.

Ideally centre halves should be Williams with either Olowu or Younger imo.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on February 13, 2022, 01:28:50 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Knoyle is crap at full back, let alone CH. Don't see what people see in him tbh. He's not strong enough.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on February 13, 2022, 01:45:10 pm by Goole Rover »
One man to blame for the mess we’re in and you’ll see him on Saturday. Give GM a chance, OK we’re down but he deserves time next season we can then judge him.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on February 13, 2022, 02:39:52 pm by ForsolongaRover »
One man to blame for the mess we’re in and you’ll see him on Saturday. Give GM a chance, OK we’re down but he deserves time next season we can then judge him.

I don’t think you can exclude the CEO from responsibility for failing to appoint a permanent successor earlier, eventually making a poor choice in Wellens and then not replacing him soon enough - 3 poor calls.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on February 13, 2022, 02:48:34 pm by drfc1951 »

The CEO doesnt appoint the manager thats down to the chairman he makes the football decisions.

I don’t think you can exclude the CEO from responsibility for failing to appoint a permanent successor earlier, eventually making a poor choice in Wellens and then not replacing him soon enough - 3 poor calls.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on February 13, 2022, 03:05:02 pm by i_ateallthepies »
The ridiculous 'consolidation' decision is bigger than any other of the poor decisions made by the club leadership this season.  And they have proven by their own actions of bringing in eight new players in January that that decision was a total f**k-up.
It was reasoned that the pandemic had made it necessary to 'consolidate' but every other club in the country was affected the same by covid and nobody else used it as an excuse to cut back the spending.

I value the responsible management of our club, I support it out of my pocket with season ticket, Alliance membership, subscription to Copps' League of their own, and iFollow, but the decision making this season has been a total catastrophe and responsibility for it rests squarely with club management.

I can live with relegation, it's part of what we sign-up for when we choose to follow a team.  I was miffed when Fergie got us relegated but not for one minute did I lose my appetite for supporting my club but this is really testing me.  I for one am reviewing the extent of my additional support for this shower of shit.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on February 13, 2022, 03:49:07 pm by dickos1 »
Knoyle is crap at full back, let alone CH. Don't see what people see in him tbh. He's not strong enough.

League 2 team of the year last year so he’s obviously a good player.
Last few weeks I think he’s been good, he was man of the match v Wigan comfortably

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on February 13, 2022, 10:12:37 pm by Lesonthewest »
I've lost count of the number of goals we've conceded from crosses to the back stick and Knoyle being out-mestered.

8? 10? 12?

Yes & it begs the question why hasn't it been addressed, scary stuff, especially with a top ex defender & a new defensive coach.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on March 06, 2022, 10:29:01 am by BillyStubbsTears »

8? 10? 12?

Variation on the theme for the second goal yesterday. When the cross came in from the Rovers left, Knoyle was level with the NEAR post, leaving a player a free header without even having to out-mester him this time.

As a defensive unit, and as an individual in Knoyle, I don't think I've seen such a combination of lack of physical presence and lack of positional awareness since we fell out of the league. What the f**k do we do in training?

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on March 06, 2022, 10:48:07 am by Cramby10 »

8? 10? 12?

Variation on the theme for the second goal yesterday. When the cross came in from the Rovers left, Knoyle was level with the NEAR post, leaving a player a free header without even having to out-mester him this time.

As a defensive unit, and as an individual in Knoyle, I don't think I've seen such a combination of lack of physical presence and lack of positional awareness since we fell out of the league. What the f**k do we do in training?
he’s awful. It happens time and time again.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012