Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:29:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Massive win  (Read 9513 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Massive win
« Reply #30 on February 15, 2022, 10:26:43 pm by Campsall rover »
There were 8 games that people were saying we’ve no chance of getting 5/6 points well we’ve got 9 from 7 games.
If being deluded is thinking you’ve a chance of staying up when you’re 6 points off safety with 13 games to go then yes I’m deluded.
Nowt wrong with being deluded. I am being told that I am all the time.  ;).

While there is hope there is a chance, no matter how slim.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 15, 2022, 10:27:37 pm by colincramb »
It’s a good and unexpected win. Good to finally see some fight and determination at last. Said it before though and I will say it again, wins in isolation every couple of weeks, interspersed with big defeats won’t be enough for us. We have to put back to back wins together to try and gather any kind of momentum.

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 15, 2022, 10:27:48 pm by TixTheBox »
Dickos stop getting your head in a spin it can’t be healthy, you’re honestly going at fans for nothing. People can be full of praise while still believing the reality is relegation :lol:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 15, 2022, 10:29:58 pm by Filo »
Head says relegation

Heart says hope

It’s the hope that kills you

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 15, 2022, 10:35:36 pm by colincramb »
Next 2 at home are big games. IF we could sneak 4 points (we haven’t done that over a 2 game sequence all season, so it’s unlikely I know) then we might give ourselves a slim chance. That also depends on what the others do around us of course.

Long and the short of it, we are still massive favourites to go down. 

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 15, 2022, 10:46:40 pm by Jonathan »
Those saying we finally showed some fight must be forgetting it’s just ten days since Sunderland, and MK Dons wasn’t far before that. What we can’t seem to find is any consistency and of course that will be important if we’re to climb above our current league placing (being careful not to even mention staying up).

It’s sad that some people can’t bring themselves to recognise that the level has raised under McSheffrey. It would be nice if these idiots would lay off him for a short while and just get behind the whole club through thick and thin. It pains me to say we need these people to support us if we’re to have any hint of success.

It’ll quieten for a couple of days with this win, but you know the knives will be back out next time things don’t go our way. It’s laughable that our manager, a highly respected footballer with al his coaching badges and over 500 senior appearances in the EFL - mostly above this level, is dubbed an under 18s coach by silly little boys baying for likes on Twitter. If they can pull themselves together and get behind the whole club even when things aren’t going for us, then we might just have a fighting chance of something. I’d like to think we all want that.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 10:48:43 pm by Jonathan »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on February 15, 2022, 10:47:56 pm by dickos1 »
Dickos stop getting your head in a spin it can’t be healthy, you’re honestly going at fans for nothing. People can be full of praise while still believing the reality is relegation :lol:

Head in a spin?
Not going at anyone, looking at stuff from all this week I really could do but I’m not

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 15, 2022, 10:49:46 pm by TixTheBox »
Why would you get so worked up about people saying the club employed its U18’s coach as first team manager? That’s an odd thing to have clearly take issue with. It’s literally what happened? :lol:

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 15, 2022, 10:52:48 pm by Jonathan »
Why would you get so worked up about people saying the club employed its U18’s coach as first team manager? That’s an odd thing to have clearly take issue with. It’s literally what happened? :lol:

No. They (you) call him an under 18s coach. He’s not. He’s our manager. Did you call Wellens a Salford manager or Moore a WBA manager because that’s where they were before? No. You use it as a patronising jibe and you know it.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on February 15, 2022, 10:53:20 pm by dickos1 »

Obviously as you’re well aware it’s not that they’re saying it it’s the fact they’re using that as a reason to say he’s no good.
Which is a nonsense

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 15, 2022, 10:53:44 pm by colincramb »
Those saying we finally showed some fight must be forgetting it’s just ten days since Sunderland, and MK Dons wasn’t far before that. What we can’t seem to find is any consistency and of course that will be important if we’re to climb above our current league placing (being careful not to even mention staying up).

It’s sad that some people can’t bring themselves to recognise that the level has raised under McSheffrey. It would be nice if these idiots would lay off him for a short while and just get behind the whole club through thick and thin. It pains me to say we need these people to support us if we’re to have any hint of success.

It’ll quieten for a couple of days with this win, but you know the knives will be back out next time things don’t go our way. It’s laughable that our manager, a highly respected footballer with al his coaching badges and over 500 senior appearances in the EFL - mostly above this level, is dubbed an under 18s coach by silly little boys baying for likes on Twitter. If they can pull themselves together and get behind the whole club even when things aren’t going for us, then we might just have a fighting chance of something. I’d like to think we all want that.

Jonathan, whilst I take your point around Sunderland and MK Dons, that’s 2 games from the last 12 months. In an overwhelming large majority of the others, we have simply downed tools far too easily. The second half last weekend was simply unacceptable, again.

We dug in tonight. Much, much more of the same is needed before that ship can truly sail I’m afraid.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 15, 2022, 10:58:37 pm by Campsall rover »
Where is CDH tonight.

Our Crap manager engineered another win away from home. That is 3 out of 4

Need some points at home now.
Huge games coming up against Accrington, Gillingham, Crewe at home.
Wimbledon and Fleetwood away. Win those games and we have a great chance.

Can we beat Fleetwood and Wimbledon away this season because they have been bogies for us. This season we have to win, almost certain.

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on February 15, 2022, 10:59:00 pm by ChrisBx »
Massive win that keeps us alive for now. The frustrating thing in recent weeks is that we've tended to follow up encouraging performances and wins with truly shocking performances. We really need to put a but of a run together starting with tonight's game.

A draw on Saturday would be good enough, if only to keep the points tally ticking over.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on February 15, 2022, 11:02:19 pm by Jonathan »
Massive win that keeps us alive for now. The frustrating thing in recent weeks is that we've tended to follow up encouraging performances and wins with truly shocking performances. We really need to put a but of a run together starting with tonight's game.

A draw on Saturday would be good enough, if only to keep the points tally ticking over.

Whilst we worked hard for tonight’s win and threw bodies in the way, I don’t think it’ll have sapped energy in quite the same way that the Sunderland game did. We did more chasing and pressing in that one.

Sheffield Wednesday will bring a big following Saturday and make it like a home game for them.  We’ve done better away from home lately… I’m looking for any sign of hope possible!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on February 15, 2022, 11:03:11 pm by drfchound »
Where is CDH tonight.

Our Crap manager engineered another win away from home. That is 3 out of 4

Need some points at home now.
Huge games coming up against Accrington, Gillingham, Crewe at home.
Wimbledon and Fleetwood away. Win those games and we have a great chance.

Can we beat Fleetwood and Wimbledon away this season because they have been bogies for us. This season we have to win, almost certain.

I think he said he was going to the game Camps so will be late home.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on February 15, 2022, 11:06:06 pm by ditch_drfc »
Funny how we can't just enjoy a win, we have to start the old "M&S MANAGERS" bullshit like we've won the FA Cup. Yes it's great we've won a match. Would love to have seen it in person and hopefully Saturday we'll get another and make some serious inroads back towards safety.

Anyway, three good wins in our last 7 games. Good performance on Saturday and it will give us a lot of hope.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 15, 2022, 11:08:41 pm by ditch_drfc »
Those saying we finally showed some fight must be forgetting it’s just ten days since Sunderland, and MK Dons wasn’t far before that.

Lovely little soliloquy from our resident intellectual football pundit, but you've literally just made up a straw man there. Nobody is saying that.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on February 15, 2022, 11:11:37 pm by dickos1 »
Funny how we can't just enjoy a win, we have to start the old "M&S MANAGERS" bullshit like we've won the FA Cup. Yes it's great we've won a match. Would love to have seen it in person and hopefully Saturday we'll get another and make some serious inroads back towards safety.

Anyway, three good wins in our last 7 games. Good performance on Saturday and it will give us a lot of hope.

Can’t have it both ways though, when we lose this board goes into meltdown.
The fact is over the last 7 games our results have been better than anyone would’ve predicted

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on February 15, 2022, 11:12:45 pm by Jonathan »
Those saying we finally showed some fight must be forgetting it’s just ten days since Sunderland, and MK Dons wasn’t far before that.

Lovely little soliloquy from our resident intellectual football pundit, but you've literally just made up a straw man there. Nobody is saying that.

I mean you only have to look further up the page you’re on to find it. But you do you.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on February 15, 2022, 11:38:46 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Let's be honest we didn't get our foot on the ball well at all or create that much we were always just off a bit passing wise.

But shape, effort and defending we were excellent and if you can get that right you've always got a chance to win the game or at least get a point.  Manager deserves credit for that.

This team just needs confidence, when they get something to go out they improve massively.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on February 15, 2022, 11:43:17 pm by Janso »
Without the penalty it would have been a 0-0 draw without a single shot on target. We had some luck this time. Great to get a win no matter how we get it.

"If it wasn't for the goal we scored it would have been a scoreless draw."

Outstanding insight, pal.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on February 15, 2022, 11:46:11 pm by normal rules »
Crewe getting beat tonight is huge. That’s six on the bounce they have lost. And we think we have it bad.
Lincoln go to Fleetwood too at the weekend without their pivotal centre half.
They were nothing special tonight and I can see them slide.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on February 16, 2022, 12:31:24 am by tommy toes »
Our keeper kept us in it tonight with some wonderful saves in the first half.
Second half was much more even as Lincoln lost their way.
A great defensive performance with 5 or 6 along the back. They all put a reight shift in. Great celebration from the fans and the whole squad at the end.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on February 16, 2022, 06:05:40 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Can we put back to back results together?. We’ve won before then lost the next one heavily. I just have a sneaking feeling that we will get at least a point from the Wednesday game. I think we’ve found our best eleven from the players available.

Against Wednesday concentration is key. They will keep grinding and grinding until they wear you down. We have to consistently do the right things and have a bit of threat going forward ourselves. I do like Griffiths up top with Martin a forward thinking player also but can solidify the midfield as well.

Well done to Gardner a player written off early in the season, managed to get a goal and win it for us. I feel because we haven’t had a draw for a while, we will draw this one.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on February 16, 2022, 06:18:03 am by Donnywolf »
Without the penalty it would have been a 0-0 draw without a single shot on target. We had some luck this time. Great to get a win no matter how we get it.

"If it wasn't for the goal we scored it would have been a scoreless draw."

Outstanding insight, pal.

I posted in Reply # 30

.... Agree , but we did have a great shot ON target which was going in if that cheating git hadn't handled it

Would have been a great goal as well

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on February 16, 2022, 07:49:55 am by BigH »

GM has restored our away form and that is a great personal achievement for him. All credit to him, the staff and the players because that had become a real monkey on our back under RW.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on February 16, 2022, 07:52:54 am by Chris Black come back »
It’s harder to change your away form so he should definitely get credit for that miraculous transformation. Our home form has collapsed though since Wellens left.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on February 16, 2022, 07:54:40 am by graingrover »
If all the fans who gathered at our end last night were together at every home game! What an atmosphere that would create on Black Bank .

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on February 16, 2022, 07:57:46 am by Chris Black come back »
It’s harder to change your away form so he should definitely get credit for that miraculous transformation. Our home form has collapsed though since Wellens left.

Since McSheffrey became manager we have lost six home games in a row, conceding 15 goals and scoring 2. That’s very poor. The away form improvement is significant though.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on February 16, 2022, 08:28:26 am by BigH »
Yep, if it's not the hope it's the inconsistency that gets you.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012