Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 02:44:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A positive for next season.  (Read 2338 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
A positive for next season.
« on April 18, 2022, 07:35:11 pm by normal rules »
If I’m right lge two games are allowing the consumption of alcohol whilst viewing games next season in a trial.
I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea (or ale) but early and late on in the season it will be nice to sit and enjoy a cold beer whilst enjoying matches. 
Granted, on a January Tuesday night away at Boundary Park, the thought of a cold ale is not too welcoming,  but at least the choice will now be there. ( if Oldham stay up of course)
I hope supporters embrace this in the spirit in which it is made. (No pun intended)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
Re: A positive for next season.
« Reply #1 on April 18, 2022, 07:37:06 pm by Branton Rover »
Can’t end well, youngsters and ale not a good mix, I see trouble ahead

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 18, 2022, 07:42:05 pm by Donnywolf »
Yes especially if people throw the beer in celebration "England style"

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 18, 2022, 07:43:58 pm by silent majority »
It's not happening yet, it's part of the recommendations within the Fan Led Review.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 18, 2022, 07:54:00 pm by normal rules »
It's not happening yet, it's part of the recommendations within the Fan Led Review.

Crapola, I thought this was agreed.
Oh well…..

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 18, 2022, 11:37:56 pm by since-1969 »
  Without a complete clearout the slide will continue. Supporting a football club that it’s been for many , part of a ritual year on year and dictated even when you take a holiday has to be more than a commitment. To be the custodians of a football club with over 145 years of history is more than an investment. These owners are struggling to keep up with their end of the bargain and are allowing the club shrink  down to a level where a modest budget will allow it to function as though it’s in a life support machine . Club Doncaster was supposed to offer self sufficiency but it’s yet to even keep a decent manager never mind a decent player. The present team of misfits have barely shown they even like playing for the club . Baldwin’s future should be decided by the supporters who do not pay next season .. and I’m No1 .

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 18, 2022, 11:52:12 pm by roversdude »
  Without a complete clearout the slide will continue. Supporting a football club that it’s been for many , part of a ritual year on year and dictated even when you take a holiday has to be more than a commitment. To be the custodians of a football club with over 145 years of history is more than an investment. These owners are struggling to keep up with their end of the bargain and are allowing the club shrink  down to a level where a modest budget will allow it to function as though it’s in a life support machine . Club Doncaster was supposed to offer self sufficiency but it’s yet to even keep a decent manager never mind a decent player. The present team of misfits have barely shown they even like playing for the club . Baldwin’s future should be decided by the supporters who do not pay next season .. and I’m No1 .

Why are they ????
Why do you turn everything around to your personal vendetta with GB

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 19, 2022, 12:01:44 am by since-1969 »

Why are they ????
Why do you turn everything around to your personal vendetta  with GB
He sat in the chair pontificating about how we were not in a relegation battle .  Until he goes the club will never will not change direction!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 19, 2022, 10:11:50 am by normal rules »

What’s this got to do with the fan led review and drinking in football grounds next season? Wrong thread pal.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 19, 2022, 04:43:20 pm by phil old leake »
I cannot think of anything sillier. It’s a recipe for disaster

Why is it needed. If it happens the bars should be shut from kick off to half time and at the end of half time

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 19, 2022, 06:53:55 pm by normal rules »

Why is it needed. If it happens the bars should be shut from kick off to half time and at the end of half time

I disagree Phil.
Go to cricket. Enjoy a pint.
Go to rugby. Same.
Why shouldn’t football be the same?
That said. If it happened at the keepmoat I’d take to the East Stand for a drink. Because there would be an idiot or two in the south stand who would Chuck beer around for sure. Even so, it’s no excuse to penalise the majority.
And it would cut down on pre match and half time binging.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 19, 2022, 07:18:22 pm by Upton Rover »

No one wanted pubs to open all day when they reviewed the opening/closing times saying there will be drunks all over but not the case, people who want a drink should be allowed and the younger ones won’t down several pints before the game, this is the issue now, so this is not a silly idea.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 19, 2022, 07:19:13 pm by Upton Rover »
Yes especially if people throw the beer in celebration "England style"
they won’t be many pints thrown in celebration at the Eco power

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 19, 2022, 07:39:10 pm by normal rules »
I’ve never understood the practice of throwing beer around. Especially in a London setting where it’s 7 or 8 quid a pint.
Such a waste.
But back on topic. Picture this. You have treated yourself to a bit of hospitality at the keepmoat. Meal pre match with a few beers. Kick off approaches, oh shit, drink up before  getting your seat. Same story at half time.
It can be so much different .and it should be.
You can sit with a hot choc and tea, coffee but not a beer. Can anyone explain why? You can also stand on the concourse all game and drink yourself stupid if you wanted to. But you cannot sit in a seat and watch a game of football. Just daft.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 07:43:54 pm by normal rules »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 19, 2022, 07:58:08 pm by ravenrover »
You cannot sit in your seat, and therein lies a problem.
Scuse me, sorry mate, scuse me on the way for a beer
Scuse me, sorry mate, scuse me on the way back with his beer.
And repeat, repeat repeat
And then again when on the way for a pee and back
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 09:36:26 pm by ravenrover »

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 19, 2022, 08:07:32 pm by roversdude »
Would be a nightmare with some of the patrons that sit in front of us in the West Stand - already up and down all game

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 19, 2022, 08:15:11 pm by scawsby steve »
It wouldn't be good for BB and Wolfie's bladders at their age.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 19, 2022, 09:03:34 pm by normal rules »
I see a business opportunity. Rovers themed she wees.  For men and women.

Takes me back to my sgts mess days when you could not leave the table until the RSM had. Many a time I’ve had to take a pee in a wine bottle or glass under the table.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 19, 2022, 09:20:27 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Rows of seats for drinkers or a section, then they will be of like mind, no moaning.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 19, 2022, 09:49:10 pm by phil old leake »
Sweepstake for how long it takes someone to get a slap when they spill beer over someone

Normal I think the difference at cricket and rugby league is the mentality of the fans

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 19, 2022, 10:09:04 pm by normal rules »
Sweepstake for how long it takes someone to get a slap when they spill beer over someone

Normal I think the difference at cricket and rugby league is the mentality of the fans

I’ve seen some proper whoppers at the cricket. Im Ashamed to say at Yorkshire too.
It’s not just football that has its idiots.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 20, 2022, 10:38:39 am by Chris Black come back »

I’ve seen some proper whoppers at the cricket. Im Ashamed to say at Yorkshire too.
It’s not just football that has its idiots.

Almost always Leeds fans acting like fools at Headingley, in my experience.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 20, 2022, 08:56:11 pm by Draytonian III »
You cannot sot in your seat, and therein lies a problem.
Scuse me, sorry mate, scuse me on the way for a beer
Scuse me, sorry mate, scuse me on the way back with his beer.
And repeat, repeat repeat
And then again when on the way for a pee and back

My thoughts exactly

TinyPortal © 2005-2012