Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 11:23:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Younger gone  (Read 3035 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Younger gone
« on April 25, 2022, 12:01:26 pm by roversdude »
Is this Copps flexing his muscles

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
Re: Younger gone
« Reply #1 on April 25, 2022, 12:04:29 pm by ChrisBx »
Good start if this is down to Coppinger.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 25, 2022, 12:14:29 pm by vaya »
Presumably the club have identified that his talents would be better elsewhere.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 25, 2022, 12:17:32 pm by roversdude »
Hopefully any suggestions made have been severely looked over if not scrapped

Dn11

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 25, 2022, 12:26:46 pm by Dn11 »
No brainier, there’s been some terrible players come through in the short time he’s been here

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 25, 2022, 12:50:46 pm by DonnyOsmond »
We need the best possible person to replace him so hopefully we don't have that they must have a degree and we actually pay a good salary, not sure what we've paid previously but I do know football had a habit of under valuing analysts compared to other sectors.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 25, 2022, 12:58:15 pm by MachoMadness »
I remember Paul Butler being rumoured for the HoF role in that DFP article. Mentioned he was responsible for a lot of the Ferguson era signings and he's highly thought of by the board. A possibility perhaps.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 25, 2022, 01:03:09 pm by drfchound »
I heard a rumour that Younger left a few days ago.
Reliable source too.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 25, 2022, 01:12:42 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
It needed doing, you have to be ruthless if you want to do well.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 25, 2022, 01:13:43 pm by Jonathan »
Whether Coppinger pulled the trigger or not, this underlines the authority given to him to restructure a section that clearly needs improvement.

To me it’s further demonstrable evidence that the club are trying to learn and get things right. I’ve no doubt that the same relentlessly negative voices will continue to pick and snipe at and ridicule absolutely every decision the club makes. There have been mistakes that have led to the recent drop in performance, but it’s clear that there are efforts to reset and put things right. That might not result in a decision that every loudmouth likes, but that’s life and they’ll have to learn to live with it.

For those of us that actually want the club to succeed, at least there is clear evidence of efforts to address the fall away and turn it around. I’ve seen some comparing our situation to Oldham and Bury, almost beckoning on the protests. It’s utterly laughable and frankly insulting to the game in general.

Change won’t happen over night, but step by step we are trying. If that’s not good enough for some, then I’d seriously question what they’re in it for.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 25, 2022, 01:46:51 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Its interesting though that we were all behind a head of recruitment and that it would bring benefits.  Yet, the players recruited didn't perform and it took an age to get them in.

Is that a poor choice of person? Were they not given the tools?  How did it work with the manager (we saw wellens at Salford saying no to every player brought up)?

It clearly failed, but by and large we thought it a good option, so why?

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 25, 2022, 01:56:44 pm by ditch_drfc »

I’ve no doubt that the same relentlessly negative voices will continue to pick and snipe at and ridicule absolutely every decision the club makes. There have been mistakes that have led to the recent drop in performance, but it’s clear that there are efforts to reset and put things right. That might not result in a decision that every loudmouth likes, but that’s life and they’ll have to learn to live with it.

For those of us that actually want the club to succeed, at least there is clear evidence of efforts to address the fall away and turn it around. I’ve seen some comparing our situation to Oldham and Bury, almost beckoning on the protests. It’s utterly laughable and frankly insulting to the game in general.

Change won’t happen over night, but step by step we are trying. If that’s not good enough for some, then I’d seriously question what they’re in it for.

Take your head out your backside mate, there's nobody who comes on this forum who doesn't want the club to succeed. This whole "those of us who are so enlightened" attitude makes this forum (reminder - a place for debate) toxic.

People disagree on HOW to make things better. Just because some overuse adverbs it doesn't make their arguments any more valid.

On topic though, this feels like a step in the right direction and hopefully we'll get a fresh pair of eyes into the job.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 25, 2022, 02:13:48 pm by Jonathan »

I’ve no doubt that the same relentlessly negative voices will continue to pick and snipe at and ridicule absolutely every decision the club makes. There have been mistakes that have led to the recent drop in performance, but it’s clear that there are efforts to reset and put things right. That might not result in a decision that every loudmouth likes, but that’s life and they’ll have to learn to live with it.

Take your head out your backside mate, there's nobody who comes on this forum who doesn't want the club to succeed. This whole "those of us who are so enlightened" attitude makes this forum (reminder - a place for debate) toxic.

People disagree on HOW to make things better. Just because some overuse adverbs it doesn't make their arguments any more valid.

On topic though, this feels like a step in the right direction and hopefully we'll get a fresh pair of eyes into the job.

I can’t speak for this forum as this is the first time I’ve been on it in months, so perhaps the wrong place to air my frustrations. But there are definitely some on Twitter that revel in complaining, and that I’m in no way convinced want the club to succeed. The amount of times you see “I’m done with this joke of a club now…”. If only. But they keep picking away at everything. As I see it, it’s an attention craving.

Anyway I’ll leave you to it on here.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 25, 2022, 02:27:50 pm by roversdude »

I can’t speak for this forum as this is the first time I’ve been on it in months, so perhaps the wrong place to air my frustrations. But there are definitely some on Twitter that revel in complaining, and that I’m in no way convinced want the club to succeed. The amount of times you see “I’m done with this joke of a club now…”. If only. But they keep picking away at everything. As I see it, it’s an attention craving.

Anyway I’ll leave you to it on here.

Agree with that Jonathan, also agree with what ditch says the forum is a place for debate. There are however some posters who are not prepared to put forward an argument just spout negativity regardless of what has happened (not aimed at ditch btw).
If you looked on FB and/or Twitter and the amount saying they are done with Rovers we must have started with a fan base the same size as Man Utd

DRCraig

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 25, 2022, 03:08:20 pm by DRCraig »
Tough business needs to happen. Here is the start.....

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 25, 2022, 03:47:07 pm by ForsolongaRover »
It makes me smile when I read that the club would like to “thank” this man. He should have been asked to resign some time ago.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 25, 2022, 04:05:31 pm by Metalmicky »
Was Younger responsible for taking Max Watters to Cardiff...?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 25, 2022, 04:16:17 pm by selby »
  I don't know about the Cardiff move MM, but what we do know it was Darren Moore that let him leave here and didn't lift a finger to help him get another club, or any of the other lads he dumped. His shadow is only just being removed from this club.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 25, 2022, 04:37:46 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Was Younger responsible for taking Max Watters to Cardiff...?

Nope. Was their Head of Recruitment from 2015-2017.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 25, 2022, 04:47:27 pm by steve@dcfd »
Identification of the right level of player should be a priority but if the ones we need we can’t or couldn’t afford then you go down the list. This makes the guy doing the job look bad. A list of defensive midfield players was drawn up the summer for Richie all to expensive. Gary couldn’t get the players that were first on his list either in January so that makes the head of recruitment look bad. I’m not saying he got every thing right in fact he may have got a lot wrong but recruitment is a two way thing identification first then getting players signed on when other choices are available.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 25, 2022, 05:02:53 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
  I don't know about the Cardiff move MM, but what we do know it was Darren Moore that let him leave here and didn't lift a finger to help him get another club, or any of the other lads he dumped. His shadow is only just being removed from this club.

remember Watters making the first team bench - but i kne nothing about him WHATSOEVER i believed he would be what is defined in this  "world" "at this moment in time" as a "person of colour"  and was very surprised that he wasn't

I always thought, to repeat knowing anything about him he would be given "a chance"   one day

but alas no.

I think you will all agree that "Old Moore's Almananac's "  signings tended to have a "god squad"  underlying "flavour" (and some other characteristic as mentioned above) --- as if was allegedly "taking pity on them ?"  ( I wouldn't go so far as to say reading pages from the same book !!)

.....      not so at the "John West Sardine Factory" owners club   
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 05:17:52 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

Pside

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 25, 2022, 05:04:33 pm by Pside »
Looks like he’s the fall guy. Recruitment has been very poor and I’m glad he’s gone, but like someone else said. These players have not performed.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 25, 2022, 05:10:02 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
here you see the 2017/2018 league table

https://thefishy.co.uk/leaguetable.php?table=3&season=15

Shrewsbury were everybodies favourites for relegation that year and we waited and waited for them to "implode" (Rotherham style) but they didnt -- they were stocked up with quality loanees  - they only lost it at the very end of the regular season

he didnt do so well in his other years at Shrewsbury

but we nicked him from them -- the one now nicked by Aston Villa from us

so we found a gud un so can do it again  :thumbsup:

i have mentioned this fact ocassionally over the years on here (and it has fallen on stoney ground*)  but not as blatantly as now

* Moore's influencing me i fear  :suicide:

« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 05:14:30 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 25, 2022, 06:22:06 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
On the face of it not many signings have worked out for us. People in the club will know what were paying and what we should be getting for it. We've got way less than we've paid for and someone has to be accountable so it's a good start from Copps.

Be interesting to see what happens when the relegation is confirmed... Maybe the HoF is really going to get the revolution going with some old fashioned accountability for failure

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 27, 2022, 08:38:26 am by RedRover45 »
Like Hound, I heard from a reliable source that Younger has been gone for over a week before the club announced it.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 27, 2022, 09:06:05 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Well he hasn’t got any Younger has he?. He was in charge of that department, he failed. Never nice to see someone lose their job but we needed a change.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 27, 2022, 08:24:35 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Gutted he's gone. Found some real gems this season. Can only see us being relegated next season now.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 27, 2022, 08:33:07 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Sarcasm?

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 27, 2022, 08:43:25 pm by redwine »
Sarcasm?

tbh I don't think it needed a question mark

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 27, 2022, 10:19:39 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Griffiths could eventually be our best signing made this season. He has got it, needs to work hard and he will have bigger clubs sniffing around.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012