Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:19:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Russia Oil Revenue Up 50% This Year Despite Boycott, IEA Says  (Read 698 times)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Russia Oil Revenue Up 50% This Year Despite Boycott, IEA Says

I don't think this "fact" will make it into our Daily Newspapers ?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-12/russia-oil-revenue-up-50-this-year-despite-boycott-iea-says

12 May 2022, 09:00 BST

" Russia’s oil revenues are up 50% this year even as trade restrictions following the invasion of Ukraine spurred many refiners to shun its supplies, the International Energy Agency said.

Moscow earned roughly $20 billion each month in 2022 from combined sales of crude and products amounting to about 8 million barrels a day, the Paris-based IEA said in its monthly market report.
etc etc ...."

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
So you think oil prices have been up everywhere but russia?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
So you think oil prices have been up everywhere but russia?

Well spotted Sydney you have impressed me (again)  -- I just googled  job vacancies at the IEA to try and get you an interview with them with such talents   Good Luck

Working at the IEA

The Agency has a staff of 240 enthusiastic professionals (energy analysts, modellers, data managers/statisticians, technicians, secretaries and support staff) working together on global energy challenges with the objective of building secure and sustainable energy supplies and markets, as platforms for promoting economic development, protecting the environment and eliminating energy poverty for the benefit of people worldwide. The offices of the Agency are located in central Paris near the Eiffel Tower.

Staff come from a wide variety of backgrounds – government ministries, the private sector, international organisations and research institutes – and range from senior energy experts to talented young people just finishing their studies with one or two years of work experience. All are computer literate, hard-working, flexible and organised and enjoy the dynamic multicultural environment. Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential as it is the working language of the IEA. Knowledge of other languages is an advantage. Good command of French is required of support staff.

Current Job Vacancies at the IEA‌

Applications are welcome from accomplished men and women who are nationals of IEA member countries. Recruitment is done through the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), and the IEA shares the OECD conditions of service.

In addition, the IEA accepts staff on loan who work at ministries, agencies and companies in fields of interest to the Agency.

The IEA also offers some internships to post-graduate students studying in disciplines related to the Agency's mission; more information on traineeship as well as registration, also handled through the OECD, is available here.

Working in the Energy Field: Discover the IEA (video)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
there's a position for you in the johnson government

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Who funds this 'independent' think-tank and on whose behalf are they 'thinking'?

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dark-money-investigations/revealed-how-uk-s-powerful-right-wing-think-tanks-and-conse/

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Yep, it's all a bit familiarly depressing wilts, the only thing that surprises me is that some of the donors are known at all. It's all a bit too cosy at the exclusion of the voter which wouldn't be such a problem if they had similar access. Donors, already have direct access to ministers as it is and again the voter misses out.

normal rules

• Forum Member
The eu are still taking 43% of all Russian oil exports.this is in may. This is only down 7% from the start of the year.
Germanys main refinery is majority owned by Rosneft.
Hungary won’t be weaning themselves off the Russian pig anytime soon either.
China and India are refusing to turn down Russian crude, especially now they are getting it at discounted prices too.
To give you an idea of scale, in 2021 India we’re loading about 50,000 barrels per day. In April Indian refiners were loading 770,000 barrels per day.

normal rules

• Forum Member
Unleaded in India is running at about £1-10 a litre currently.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Unleaded in India is running at about £1-10 a litre currently.

How much of that is Excise?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
My revenue has gone up this year.

Unfortunately the rise in my energy and food bills has outstripped it by about 50%.

Still, my revenue went up so I'm alright.

normal rules

• Forum Member
Tbf I think India has one of the highest tax rates on fuel in the world.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Just heard today The Russian rubble has cemented itself at its highest rate for 7 years 

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Just heard today The Russian rubble has cemented itself at its highest rate for 7 years 
Have you got any concrete evidence of that?

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Russia Oil Revenue Up 50% This Year Despite Boycott, IEA Says
« Reply #13 on May 20, 2022, 06:31:44 pm by drfchound »
There could be mortar this than you think.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012