Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:29:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Club Doncaster searching for new stadium catering partner  (Read 3776 times)

rich1471

• Forum Member
Re: Club Doncaster searching for new stadium catering partner
« Reply #30 on May 13, 2022, 06:39:45 pm by rich1471 »
I heard current catering partner really struggled keeping afloat during lockdown. They've struggled to retain staff and been working with agency staff in recent weeks.

Contract with club means it's totally outsourced. They pay the club a set amount for the pitch and make what they can each matchday.

I'd be worried they might fold mid way through next season and then we have nothing on a matchday.
Covid and lock down caused a lot of people to leave the industry as people found not better paid jobs but jobs were you had a better social life , i still look at 40 hour week as a part time job , most people are used to doing 50- 60 hours a week this is why they leave , i currently manage 14 staff all doing 37-40 hours so they have a social life, the industry used to work hard for little pay and things after Covid has changed things for the better trust me     

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
I heard current catering partner really struggled keeping afloat during lockdown. They've struggled to retain staff and been working with agency staff in recent weeks.

Contract with club means it's totally outsourced. They pay the club a set amount for the pitch and make what they can each matchday.

I'd be worried they might fold mid way through next season and then we have nothing on a matchday.

I'd be surprised if the contract was that simple they are usually much more complex to suit both parties.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 13, 2022, 07:23:56 pm by silent majority »

I'd be surprised if the contract was that simple they are usually much more complex to suit both parties.

Absolutely bfyp, it’s not that simple.

Old Daniel being a quisling as usual.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on May 13, 2022, 07:32:11 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Good to see most posters above have got an understanding of the complexity of fulfilling a catering contract and some of the logistics involved.

Perhaps now, more will understand why the original long contract was beneficial for Rovers financially as Centreplate/Sodexo bore alot of burden so for us, it was a no brainer.

We might need a mix directly employed catering staff,  a contracted caterer, supplemented by more local enterprises to provide an alternative.

Either way, it has to be financially viable for all parties.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 13, 2022, 07:46:08 pm by keith79 »
I hope cooplands puts an offer in. They do ace sandwiches

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 13, 2022, 07:49:34 pm by Barmby Rover »
The contracts up at the end of next season and won't be renewed.

The club are taking the time to work out what's best for it and supporters.

That will make a change!

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on May 13, 2022, 07:57:10 pm by BigH »
Can I just say that this is an issue at many clubs.

I was in the hospitality at a recent game at Liverpool and was astounded how it had regressed from 20 years ago. It's hard to screw up a carvery but they'd managed it. How? By letting the contract to an eejit who said they could do it for less. Now, at Liverpool you pay £20k a season for a table for four for a carvery. Toby do a better job.

Amazing what you can get away with when the football's good. 

turnbull for england

• Forum Member

I was in the hospitality at a recent game at Liverpool and was astounded how it had regressed from 20 years ago. It's hard to screw up a carvery but they'd managed it. How? By letting the contract to an eejit who said they could do it for less. Now, at Liverpool you pay £20k a season for a table for four for a carvery. Toby do a better job.

My mate got tickets for hospitality at Liverpool 15 or yrs back,  3 course proper service Phil Neal walking round etc  good day out tbf

Daniel_Smith

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 13, 2022, 08:37:00 pm by Daniel_Smith »

Quisling as usual? Wow. Someone posted exactly what I said earlier on in this thread - yet you attack me. I've seriously got under your skin for some bizarre reason?!

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on May 13, 2022, 08:39:05 pm by BigH »

My mate got tickets for hospitality at Liverpool 15 or yrs back,  3 course proper service Phil Neal walking round etc  good day out tbf
And it’s still the same!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member

Sad times when a former international player forced to work as a waiter well into his 70s. bas**rd Tories.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 13, 2022, 09:21:15 pm by Campsall rover »
If anybody wants to see what catering at football stadiums should look like then go th the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
It is unbelievable. Fast food that really is fast food.
Quality is also fantastic.

You have 60,000 people not 7,000 and it works brilliantly. The efficiency and quality has to be seen to be believed with so many people to serve.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
They should get the German doner kebabs company as part of the change. I don’t like kebabs really but they are fantastic. The relishes are better than the kebabs.
Crisps etc should have their own self service machines.

We should have apart from that local firms running things. You could do worse than employ the burger vans outside and put them behind the counter.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on May 13, 2022, 09:55:12 pm by Filo »
Bring back the Belle Vue burger kiosks

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Under cooked burgers, fat poured down the terraces. A hotdog was a sausage in a bread roll. A hot drink that burns your mouth and it lasts a month.

It doesn’t seem important the food, but while you’re doing something why not be the best?.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on May 13, 2022, 11:14:58 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Sod it get Greggs in   :ermm:

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Don’t want any of their dog meat sausage rolls.

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on May 14, 2022, 01:01:52 am by ChrisBx »
I went to my first professional rugby game at Gloucester recently. I can't comment on the quality of the food as I only bought drinks, however the service was excellent. I had got to the bar and been served within about 90 seconds of the half time whistle.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on May 14, 2022, 01:26:48 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Ok. Let's just think about this.

Off we go to the Rovers. We turn up at the Keepmoat/Eco Power, looking forward to the game.

On a typical timeline, what do we purchase and when?

For me. First port of call is the BVB.

First purchase is two pints.
Second purchase could be a pie, pie n peas or a burger and onions from the van outside.
Third purchase. Another pint which takes me up to 2:45pm.

Next possible purchase is at half time depending on the queue  I might have a pie  if not had one pre match, or a tea if my tonsils need lubrication.

After the game. Back in the bar for a post match debrief and pint.

Now. That looks like I'm easy to please with pints, pies and tea. I spend approx £15 to £20 on an average matchday.

Whats your typical purchases are and how much you spend?

In addition, what percentage of what you spend should DRFC be getting?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 01:30:03 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
I would normally get a tea, hot chocolate, maybe a pie, maybe a bottle of pop and a programme.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on May 14, 2022, 01:41:38 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I would normally get a tea, hot chocolate, maybe a pie, maybe a bottle of pop and a programme.

So of that £10 or £12 your spending, how much do you think Rovers are getting?

It's not a trick question but I'm trying to gauge folks perception.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
About ten per cent of it.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on May 14, 2022, 08:37:30 am by roversdude »
DBR until SM clarified I honestly thought that Rovers didn’t get anything from specific sales.
My match day spend about £15

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on May 14, 2022, 12:58:20 pm by silent majority »

Quisling as usual? Wow. Someone posted exactly what I said earlier on in this thread - yet you attack me. I've seriously got under your skin for some bizarre reason?!

You call that an attack?

For somebody who starts most of his posts as a thinly disguised all out attack on the club I find that most hypocritical. Your post about the clubs social media policy, and your defence of the abuse levelled at the CEO as 'satire' is quite frankly a disturbing indication of the moral stance of those who do dish out the abuse.

I think you need to revisit your post and do a thorough edit of your position because its plainly obvious that your moral compass is off by a country mile.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on May 14, 2022, 02:41:53 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
DBR until SM clarified I honestly thought that Rovers didn’t get anything from specific sales.
My match day spend about £15

Yes, not directly. I think many have an inflated view of what the football club makes out of it. Maybe this process of seeking new providers might shed more light on it and help us to weigh up the pros and cons.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on May 14, 2022, 03:31:43 pm by glosterred »
I like the idea of individual catering company’s taking over the current catering stands in the home stand. But I don’t think this will work for the away end when most home games there are only going to be a couple of hundred, if that, away fans.

COYR

Daniel_Smith

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on May 14, 2022, 06:48:47 pm by Daniel_Smith »

You call that an attack?

For somebody who starts most of his posts as a thinly disguised all out attack on the club I find that most hypocritical. Your post about the clubs social media policy, and your defence of the abuse levelled at the CEO as 'satire' is quite frankly a disturbing indication of the moral stance of those who do dish out the abuse.

I think you need to revisit your post and do a thorough edit of your position because its plainly obvious that your moral compass is off by a country mile.

Yep I've obviously got under your skin somehow. No idea why. I've never gone out my way to say anything to you, or about you directly. I'd ask the moderators of this forum to confirm this. (They might want to have a quiet word with you as well in my opinion, and ask you to calm down!)

Quisling = traitor. That's what you think of me for occasionally questioning how things are being run with the club. I'd say that was an attack. A club I've supported since 1974.

The abuse you speak of was Gavin Baldwin having his image placed on a Netto logo. It is satire, whether you like it or not. I wasn't even defending it in that post. Read it back and tell me when I said I agreed with it.

The only one whose moral compass is askew is your own I'm afraid.

You've gone out of your way to call me out on here. You don't accept anyone who has a negative opinion of how things are being run with the club. People can disagree with me yes. I disagree with others on here too. But I do it in a civil manner. You do not! There appears to be nothing civil about you at all sir.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 06:51:13 pm by Daniel_Smith »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on May 14, 2022, 09:43:16 pm by ravenrover »
Satire I believe is a way of criticising people in a humerous way.
In what way is the Netto brigade criticising GB in a humerous way with his face on a flag and constantly abusing him?

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on May 14, 2022, 11:04:12 pm by VivaRovers »

Why are you like this on here SM when you're not like this IRL? You've derailed a reasoned discussion... why not just say, 'it's not that simple, it's actually like this', rather than call someone a name?

We don't all have your insight into how a football club is run. I'd have presumed a base level arrangement not that dissimilar to what Daniel posted tbh.

I've no ideal who Daniel is, but in the threads I've seen (presumably) him post on he's been nothing if not reasonable.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on May 15, 2022, 12:23:05 am by DonnyNoel »

Why are you like this on here SM when you're not like this IRL? You've derailed a reasoned discussion... why not just say, 'it's not that simple, it's actually like this', rather than call someone a name?

We don't all have your insight into how a football club is run. I'd have presumed a base level arrangement not that dissimilar to what Daniel posted tbh.

I've no ideal who Daniel is, but in the threads I've seen (presumably) him post on he's been nothing if not reasonable.

Nah sorry that's crap, only Daniel derailed the discussion with sniping. Have never met SM but I think he's probably taken enough shit on here to last 184 lifetimes hence some of his terse replies. I hope his sucessor doesn't post on here, fans have got way too used to information overload.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012