Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:07:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: FA Cup final  (Read 3464 times)

River Don

• Forum Member
FA Cup final
« on May 14, 2022, 04:45:07 pm by River Don »
Were my ears deceiving me or did Prince William and the National anthem receive a hail of boos?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Re: FA Cup final
« Reply #1 on May 14, 2022, 04:46:07 pm by glosterred »
Reporting I’ve seen it was by the Liverpool fans, what a bunch of idiots they are

Swifty62

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 14, 2022, 04:49:45 pm by Swifty62 »
Why are they bunch of idiots? I'm not royalist, a crown gets a royal Royce to the houses of Parliament, while an old lady travels around London on a bus to save electricity!!!

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 14, 2022, 04:50:47 pm by River Don »
Some Liverpool supporters sing we're not English we are Scouse.

Perhaps this sentiment is becoming more widespread. A lot of people with Irish ancestors in Liverpool. Perhaps a reaction to Brexit?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 14, 2022, 05:20:32 pm by bpoolrover »

Perhaps this sentiment is becoming more widespread. A lot of people with Irish ancestors in Liverpool. Perhaps a reaction to Brexit?
more to do with ireland liverpool fans have done it numerous times over the last 40 years that i can remember, it has something to do with thatcher as well but not sure why

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 14, 2022, 05:40:42 pm by glosterred »
Why are they bunch of idiots? I'm not royalist, a crown gets a royal Royce to the houses of Parliament, while an old lady travels around London on a bus to save electricity!!!

They’re a bunch of idiots because I think they are. A

« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 05:48:00 pm by glosterred »

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 14, 2022, 05:55:16 pm by POD »
I used to look forward to the Community Singing at the FA Cup Final especially ‘Abide With Me’ which used to give me goosebumps, with most of the crowd taking part….. but not today as BBC cameras couldn’t find a single fan in the crowd who was singing.

I’m in my 60’s now and sadly feel that this tradition may now be better being consigned to history? 

Also, the National Anthem seemed to be disrespected by many supporters of two English teams which is very disappointing.  The players can’t be blamed here as there are only two English Players starting for each side, but surely the supporters of either side could sing along or at least remain silent… especially in Platinum Jubilee Year.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 14, 2022, 06:05:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Christ, that's a powerful mind you have there. Any chance you could think of the Rovers occasionally competing for 90 mins?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 14, 2022, 06:08:09 pm by River Don »
I used to look forward to the Community Singing at the FA Cup Final especially ‘Abide With Me’ which used to give me goosebumps, with most of the crowd taking part….. but not today as BBC cameras couldn’t find a single fan in the crowd who was singing.

I’m in my 60’s now and sadly feel that this tradition may now be better being consigned to history? 

Also, the National Anthem seemed to be disrespected by many supporters of two English teams which is very disappointing.  The players can’t be blamed here as there are only two English Players starting for each side, but surely the supporters of either side could sing along or at least remain silent… especially in Platinum Jubilee Year.

I'm afraid the communal singing of Abide with Me will never be the same again. church going isn't what it was, that kind of singing came from church.

I always remember my grandad with a tear in his eye when that was sung. He never made it to an FA Cup final though he saw a few semis at Hillsborough. The FA Cup was held in much higher esteem 60/70 years ago.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 14, 2022, 06:13:36 pm by Chris Black come back »
Total mystery why semi finals are still played at Wembley. Multiple very large stadiums in north and south now. Totally demeans occasion and will always mean that supporters of sides from north are disadvantaged. Absolute relic and needs to go.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 14, 2022, 06:15:20 pm by River Don »
Total mystery why semi finals are still played at Wembley. Multiple very large stadiums in north and south now. Totally demeans occasion and will always mean that supporters of sides from north are disadvantaged. Absolute relic and needs to go.

I guess the FA still need the money to pay for the thing.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 14, 2022, 06:46:01 pm by bobjimwilly »
A massive well done to Adam Boyes of Marske United (my local team) - got awarded a golden ball for 11 FA Cup goals this season. He's scored 46 in 50 appearances this season and helped MUFC get promotion to the 3rd step of non league.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 14, 2022, 07:00:30 pm by drfchound »
Get him signed on for us.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 14, 2022, 07:38:55 pm by glosterred »

Christ, that's a powerful mind you have there. Any chance you could think of the Rovers occasionally competing for 90 mins?

Not sure what Rovers have got to do with this but anyone who boo’s a national anthem whether it is our or some other country’s is in my opinion a disrespectful idiot.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 14, 2022, 08:36:08 pm by MachoMadness »

more to do with ireland liverpool fans have done it numerous times over the last 40 years that i can remember, it has something to do with thatcher as well but not sure why
It stems from the "managed decline" policy where Thatcher left large parts of the city to rot. The stitch up over Hillsborough also means they aren't big fans of the British establishment. As you say it's been happening for years.

Can't really blame them, plus the bed wetting over it is very funny.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 14, 2022, 09:53:39 pm by ravenrover »
Lets go back to the cameras in the teams hotels, the journey in on the coaches, the communal singing with a hologram of Tommy Trinder in his white coat  you lucky people, the route to the final of both teams with Jimmy Hill and the managers, in suits, leading their teams out
Kenneth Wolstenholme on comms no pundit, the likes of Jenas "Liverpool can't improve their starting 11 with their subs" what!!!
Had the game on record just finished watching it one of the best 0-0 for a long time chances both ends
Poor old Mason Mount lost all 6 finals he has played in, shame!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 14, 2022, 09:55:25 pm by drfchound »
Lots of great points in that post Raven.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 15, 2022, 02:18:01 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Typical scousers. Always been a weird bunch and wonder why nobody likes them.

Also Guardiola is massively wrong. The whole of the country I assure you want you to win the league except Liverpool fans.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 15, 2022, 02:20:15 pm by ravenrover »
Not in my household, can't stand Citeh

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 15, 2022, 02:47:51 pm by Janso »

Also Guardiola is massively wrong. The whole of the country I assure you want you to win the league except Liverpool fans.

The only people I've encountered that want City to win the league are United fans.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 15, 2022, 05:16:42 pm by normal rules »
There is a flag unfurled at Anfield at home games. I think it’s says we are Scouse not English.
There is also reporting that the booing of the national anthem goes back to the eighties for the perceived failings of the establishment to get justice for the 96.
On top of that the whole Liverpool area has a chip on its shoulder about being failed by consecutive governments over the years. They talk of food banks in Anfield but no one seems to complain that Liverpool FC have actually been a very large contributor in the demise of Anfield as an area. Because they bought up large parts around the ground stifling development. Driving down house prices and in some cases driving people out of their homes.
I have absolutely no time for LFC, or their supporters.
As United fans sing, “it’s never their fault”

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 15, 2022, 05:26:39 pm by Draytonian III »
Everyone I’ve talked to in the last couple of months except Liverpool supporters wants Man City to win the league, and the main two reasons are City are better to watch and the dislike of how Liverpool supporters behave, at the present and in the past

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 15, 2022, 07:17:43 pm by NickDRFC »

The only people I've encountered that want City to win the league are United fans.

Same as a number of non-United fans in this thread, I’m hoping that City win the league. I’ve encountered enough of Liverpool’s fans to know that more so than most clubs they’re not a likeable bunch and although they have an excellent manager, I think he’s an absolute prick.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 15, 2022, 07:31:14 pm by roversdude »
Excellent team on the pitch, unfortunately followed by a bunch of fans that feel the world owes them something

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 15, 2022, 07:37:53 pm by normal rules »
Excellent team on the pitch, unfortunately followed by a bunch of fans that feel the world owes them something

It’s never their fault.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 15, 2022, 07:46:11 pm by Chris Black come back »
Take away the football which at times is undeniably very good, is there a blander and more sterile football club, stadium, team, manager and fans than Man City? Scratch the surface and there is nothing there. Other than overseas oil money.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 04:33:35 am by Chris Black come back »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 15, 2022, 07:56:37 pm by normal rules »
Take away the football which at times in undeniably very good, is there a blander and more sterile football club, stadium, team, manager and fans than Man City? Scratch the surface and there is nothing there. Other than overseas oil money.

If you would have told one of the working class lads stood in the Kippax not too many years ago his footy team would be playing in a corporate, shopping centre of a football ground owned by Arabs, he would have laughed at you.
I still say, footy, at the highest level has become political.
Utd owned by Americans.
City owned by Arabs.
And now Newcastle the same.
Liverpool American owned.
Chelsea owned by A Russian, or was. Soon to be bought by another yank.
Scousers bleat on about their cultural heritage. But they are not even owned by locals.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 15, 2022, 09:22:16 pm by scawsby steve »

Same as a number of non-United fans in this thread, I’m hoping that City win the league. I’ve encountered enough of Liverpool’s fans to know that more so than most clubs they’re not a likeable bunch and although they have an excellent manager, I think he’s an absolute prick.

Why is Klopp an absolute prick?

Crowle Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 16, 2022, 08:22:40 am by Crowle Rover »
There is a flag unfurled at Anfield at home games. I think it’s says we are Scouse not English.
There is also reporting that the booing of the national anthem goes back to the eighties for the perceived failings of the establishment to get justice for the 96.
On top of that the whole Liverpool area has a chip on its shoulder about being failed by consecutive governments over the years. They talk of food banks in Anfield but no one seems to complain that Liverpool FC have actually been a very large contributor in the demise of Anfield as an area. Because they bought up large parts around the ground stifling development. Driving down house prices and in some cases driving people out of their homes.
I have absolutely no time for LFC, or their supporters.
As United fans sing, “it’s never their fault”

Couldnt have put it better myself.
There's plenty of Liverpool "fans" where I work and all are complete knobs.
One of them managed to get a ticket for the sixth round FA Cup clash at Forest.
My mate is a Forest fan and also went to the game.
On the Monday at work this Liverpool prick chanted "scab,scab" evertime he walked poast my Forest pal.
Ignored it on the Monday. On Tuesday still chanting it.
He pulled him up about it. Prick didn't know why he was chanting it.Only doing it was beacuse he'd heard the great unwashed singing it around  him.
He's even on about going to Paris to hang around even though he's got no chance of getting a ticket.
Yep,can't stand the kitsons and I hope Real batter them in the Champions Final too.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 16, 2022, 08:30:05 am by normal rules »
I live in a pretty parochial part of the world.
Since Sunday there are numerous Liverpool flags hanging from peoples bedroom windows.
Half of them wouldn’t  even know how to get to Liverpool.
The other half have never been to Anfield .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012