Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:18:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: FA Cup final  (Read 3460 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: FA Cup final
« Reply #30 on May 16, 2022, 08:30:52 am by Campsall rover »
If their was a poll amongst all football fans across the country on who they wanted to win the league i would expect it to be very near 50/50

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 16, 2022, 08:34:28 am by normal rules »
If their was a poll amongst all football fans across the country on who they wanted to win the league i would expect it to be very near 50/50

It’s a bit like asking someone if they would rather be fed shit on a fork or a spoon.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 16, 2022, 09:13:03 am by phil old leake »
I’m the same normal. Liverpool fans with no connection to the club. They know that Liverpool is on the other side of the water by ferry and they’d about it

For some reason they constantly play the victim card at every chance.

Most fans I know want City to win the league including me.  But not quite as much as I want Leeds to be relegated

God help us all of Liverpool manage to win 4 trophies. 

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on May 16, 2022, 09:33:53 am by ravenrover »
Quote from: Crowle Rover
link=topic=284949.msg1159977#msg1159977 date=1652685760
There is a flag unfurled at Anfield at home games. I think it’s says we are Scouse not English.
There is also reporting that the booing of the national anthem goes back to the eighties for the perceived failings of the establishment to get justice for the 96.
On top of that the whole Liverpool area has a chip on its shoulder about being failed by consecutive governments over the years. They talk of food banks in Anfield but no one seems to complain that Liverpool FC have actually been a very large contributor in the demise of Anfield as an area. Because they bought up large parts around the ground stifling development. Driving down house prices and in some cases driving people out of their homes.
I have absolutely no time for LFC, or their supporters.
As United fans sing, “it’s never their fault”

Couldnt have put it better myself.
There's plenty of Liverpool "fans" where I work and all are complete knobs.
One of them managed to get a ticket for the sixth round FA Cup clash at Forest.
My mate is a Forest fan and also went to the game.
On the Monday at work this Liverpool prick chanted "scab,scab" evertime he walked poast my Forest pal.
Ignored it on the Monday. On Tuesday still chanting it.
He pulled him up about it. Prick didn't know why he was chanting it.Only doing it was beacuse he'd heard the great unwashed singing it around  him.
He's even on about going to Paris to hang around even though he's got no chance of getting a ticket.
Yep,can't stand the kitsons and I hope Real batter them in the Champions Final too.
And it's just Liverpool fans who chant that at Forest or other teams from East Mids? And most of those have no idea what it means

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 16, 2022, 10:15:08 am by drfchound »
Don’t Rovers fans chant scab whenever we play teams like Notts County or Mansfield.
Also, on the flag thing, when there is a World Cup there are thousands of England flags flying at houses that belong to people who have never been to an England game.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 16, 2022, 11:28:57 am by normal rules »
Flying an English flag because you are English is about nationality.
I don’t think it’s quite the same as someone who supports a football club when they have little or no link to the city. And perhaps have never been there. I know many people who fit this category.
I went to primary school at a time when them little football club satchels were all the rage. And you could buy perhaps Liverpool, Man U or Leeds. And not much else. Many of these kids that had these bags bought have then gone on to support them clubs later in life. For no other reason than they were big successful clubs in the 70’s. And their parents bought them a bag.
Plus, many, many tens of thousands of so called Liverpool supporters have supported them simply because of their success. We have seen this more recently with city attracting bandwagon supporters.
We cannot quite say the same about those flying England flags can we. Pretty much won nothing since 1966.
There are very few, if any, scouse lfc fans where I live.
They fly flags because they like to associate themselves with a successful footy team.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on May 16, 2022, 12:24:39 pm by ravenrover »
Don’t Rovers fans chant scab whenever we play teams like Notts County or Mansfield.
Also, on the flag thing, when there is a World Cup there are thousands of England flags flying at houses that belong to people who have never been to an England game.
That's my point

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on May 16, 2022, 12:53:36 pm by Colin C No.3 »
I would love it, absolutely love it if City tripped up & Liverpool won the league then went on to win the Champions League.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 16, 2022, 12:58:18 pm by drfchound »
That's my point

I know.
My comment was a general one based on some other comments on the thread.

Crowle Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 16, 2022, 04:04:12 pm by Crowle Rover »

Yes, some Rovers fans do chant "scabs" at teams from Nottinghamshire.
South Yorkshire had lots of mines and many will have families that will have been affected by the strike.
How many coalfields are around the Merseyside area??

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on May 16, 2022, 06:04:06 pm by ravenrover »
Guessing there might have been a few coal powered facilities in that  area
I wonder how many of the Rovers fans chanting it now know much about or were affected by the strike

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 16, 2022, 07:10:14 pm by drfchound »

Yes, some Rovers fans do chant "scabs" at teams from Nottinghamshire.
South Yorkshire had lots of mines and many will have families that will have been affected by the strike.
How many coalfields are around the Merseyside area??

How many of the Liverpool fans that were chanting scab are from the Liverpool area?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 16, 2022, 07:11:13 pm by drfchound »
Guessing there might have been a few coal powered facilities in that  area
I wonder how many of the Rovers fans chanting it now know much about or were affected by the strike

Agreed Raven, I have often thought that when I see the teenage kids doing that chant.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on May 24, 2022, 04:54:15 pm by glosterred »
Typical scousers. Always been a weird bunch and wonder why nobody likes them.

Also Guardiola is massively wrong. The whole of the country I assure you want you to win the league except Liverpool fans.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on May 29, 2022, 10:02:19 pm by glosterred »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012