Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:45:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: JR stirring it  (Read 12585 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
JR stirring it
« on May 15, 2022, 03:52:22 pm by ravenrover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
Re: JR stirring it
« Reply #2 on May 15, 2022, 04:05:47 pm by Reg of the Rovers »
 :)

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 15, 2022, 04:11:13 pm by adamtherover »
making some Yorkshire puds from scratch?

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 15, 2022, 04:14:09 pm by vaya »

You'd hope so. Frozen Yorkshire puds are the work of Satan.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 15, 2022, 04:24:18 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Saying it as it is. A lot won't like it on here.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 15, 2022, 04:42:35 pm by Jonathan »
Listened to a bit of the JR interview (assuming that’s what the OP refers to). He didn’t sound well at all and kept contradicting himself. I switched off. Hope he’s okay.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 15, 2022, 05:07:09 pm by ravenrover »
It was indeed the interview but for some reason the text I posted hasn't appeared
The points in question
If I was in charge there would be a very different situation
Rovers telegated FGR promoted what a joke
Heads would have rolled if I had been in charge last season
The Board aren't football people
Now Coppinger has been appointed they need to support him with adequate funds to bring in the right people

The Dav

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 15, 2022, 05:23:32 pm by The Dav »
Interesting on his comments which Alex Ferguson made about Doncaster Rovers being a tight club ! Clearly must have come from his boy ! JR seems a shadow of the flamboyant chairman which i remember, albeit he is 72, I do hope the old boy is ok, here’s a link if anybody is interested- https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=john+ryan+interview+doncaster+rovers+2022&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:2da41218,vid:9pobF81CVtY,st:0

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 15, 2022, 05:26:00 pm by Chris Black come back »
Good to see him again. He doesn't sound too well does he?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 15, 2022, 05:33:43 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Bit insulting to FGR. It's the great thing about our pyramid that clubs can move higher up the leagues.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 15, 2022, 08:26:06 pm by The Beast »
It was indeed the interview but for some reason the text I posted hasn't appeared
The points in question
If I was in charge there would be a very different situation
Rovers telegated FGR promoted what a joke
Heads would have rolled if I had been in charge last season
The Board aren't football people
Now Coppinger has been appointed they need to support him with adequate funds to bring in the right people

Didn't JR get these 'non-football people' in because he didn't have the financial clout?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 15, 2022, 08:30:40 pm by Sprotyrover »
Probably never recovered from his relationship with Willie Mckay

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 15, 2022, 09:22:05 pm by Padge_DRFC »
How come so many people don't like him especially on this forum? Genuinely interested to hear why.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 15, 2022, 09:37:29 pm by drfchound »
Good question, without him there wouldn’t  be a vsc forum because there wouldn’t be a DRFC.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 15, 2022, 10:12:51 pm by Bentley Bullet »
When sugar daddy runs out of cash he's dead..... Long live new richer sugar daddy!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 15, 2022, 10:15:50 pm by Bentley Bullet »

You'd hope so. Frozen Yorkshire puds are the work of Satan.
They're better when you warm 'em up.

Daniel_Smith

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 15, 2022, 11:30:27 pm by Daniel_Smith »
Annoying that lad doing the interview cut him off when he was about to say who he'd have put in charge of Rovers instead of McSheffrey. Would've been interesting to hear.

Ryan didn’t sound well though. Sounded like he had a chest infection.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 15, 2022, 11:32:58 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
He deserves the utmost respect, without that guy at the start we wouldn’t have a club.
He along with the other two helped to build the club up. Yes things went sour with the ‘experiment’ and the takeover bid, but I look at him and see someone who gave everything he had to our club.

He hasn’t stirred anything from what I heard, he was talking as a fan about his disappointment at how we’ve performed.
If he had, had any dealings on the football side of things, we would have done better.

He wouldn’t have appointed McSheffrey after Wellens left, I think he wouldn’t have left Wellens because he would have got the funds he needed.

As it is he probably doesn’t have the funding to be involved and probably wants to enjoy life.
We always stood a chance when he was in charge. A big void when he left, the energy left to drive the club forward.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 16, 2022, 01:13:30 am by Glyn_Wigley »
How come so many people don't like him especially on this forum? Genuinely interested to hear why.

Lying about the VSC to the DFP didn't do him any favours.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on May 16, 2022, 06:59:36 am by roversdude »
Which takeover Sammy the one where we would have been owned by a hedge fund or the one where it was crowd funded ?
Love the guy for what he did so let’s just focus on that part

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 16, 2022, 07:07:36 am by The Beast »
I love JR, he saved our club, just think anything he says has got to be tempered with the fact he loves the limelight! But then again that's probably another thing we're missing as a club someone who can drum up publicity like he did.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 16, 2022, 08:46:15 am by steve@dcfd »
John is a fan now and giving his views as a fan. He pulled this club up from its darkest days and we saw very good football being played from most of the managers he hired. Yes mistakes were made and he didn’t appear to have the funds to match his ambitions. But how anybody can be happy where we find our club in now is beyond me. Yes we are being told things are changing especially with back room staff. Why was that allowed to decline in the first place. We all hope that the football club will produce good football this season coming. That we can bounce back dicisively and be in the promotion battle. But it should not have been allowed to happen.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 16, 2022, 09:01:27 am by DonnyOsmond »
He was brilliant for us but I struggle to listen to him nowadays as he spends more time patting himself on the back then any fan.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 16, 2022, 09:04:42 am by roversdude »
Steve don’t think anyone is happy with where we are currently. Maybe a case of we stood still while clubs around embraced new methods/techniques/technology meaning in effect we went backwards.
I’m feeling much more confident that the club have acknowledged it wasn’t right and are moving forwards again

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 16, 2022, 09:07:30 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Which takeover Sammy the one where we would have been owned by a hedge fund or the one where it was crowd funded ?
Love the guy for what he did so let’s just focus on that part

I was talking about the hedge fund one, forgot about the other one. I focus on the positive’s that he achieved, he can be very proud of what he managed to do along with the others.
It couldn’t be maintained the upward trajectory, it was built on sand. We hit our ceiling being on the verge of the championship play offs that year.

I don’t think we would be in league two if he had still been involved, league one yes possibly. He would have found a way to support the manager to keep us up with better quality players . Short sighted in my opinion that you have a man like that on the sidelines when you have a chairman that doesn’t know the job. Yes he hasn’t the funding but has the ability and experience we need to fill that role. He took all the pressure off Bramall and Watson dealing with the media, he loved it.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 16, 2022, 09:17:45 am by Glyn_Wigley »
You seem to be confusing being a media conduit with the role of a Chairman.

Just to clarify - I'd have JR back in an instant as a media cheerleader if that's all his role was.

However, the current owners don't want to allow him access to their money, for which I'm sure there's a good reason that fans don't know about - that's not our business. They made it very clear at the last takeover attempt that if JR bought the club they were leaving. And they know him better than us.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 09:30:00 am by Glyn_Wigley »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 16, 2022, 09:39:04 am by ravenrover »
No one can knock what JR did for this club, that is now part of our history.
What is sad is the sniping at the current board for whatever his reason is

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on May 16, 2022, 10:01:12 am by Bentley Bullet »
I think he's just pointing out the fact that you can't succeed nowadays without adequate financial investment.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 16, 2022, 10:02:44 am by 5minstogo »
I think people are confusing sniping and stirring with genuine frustration and anger. He put 15 years of hard work and millions of pounds into the club before stepping down believing the club was in better hands to push forward.

Citing ill health as a reason for his rant is also a fairly low shot.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012