Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:52:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Boston united.  (Read 4377 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Boston united.
« on May 15, 2022, 06:21:27 pm by normal rules »
Still doing it . The hard way.
I did not think they would better Kettering in the last game of the season.
They did. And scraped the final playoff slot to finish 7th.
I did not think they would go away to kiddy and win. They did.
I did not think they would go away to Fylde today and win . They did .
And so, only York city, away, next Saturday, stand between them and a return to the Conference. Which they were kicked out of in disgrace after the fat ones shenanigans of course.
I hope they do it. They have a new ground. A good support base and are well run off the field with an owner that really cares about the club.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BigKeif

• Forum Member
Re: Boston united.
« Reply #1 on May 15, 2022, 06:39:37 pm by BigKeif »
I’m torn on this one as I’d love to see York get back up as well. Always enjoyed us playing york and I’d love to go away to their new stadium in the future if they can get back up.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 15, 2022, 06:50:26 pm by drfchound »
Yep, I would prefer York to go up too.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 15, 2022, 06:55:13 pm by Draytonian III »
I would prefer York City to be promoted, one of my mates is an avid supporter as well as being a Doncaster based school teacher

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 15, 2022, 07:14:51 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
my feet still haven't recovered from when i had to walk miles from the railway station to the Bootham ground over 60 years ago so that's a no no

another early nightmare was when i had to walk from one wakefield station to another (and i was even younger then)---these are things you never forget and scar you for life  :suicide:

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 15, 2022, 07:21:34 pm by vaya »
my feet still haven't recovered from when i had to walk miles from the railway station to the Bootham ground over 60 years ago so that's a no no

another early nightmare was when i had to walk from one wakefield station to another (and i was even younger then)---these are things you never forget and scar you for life  :suicide:

If you think Bootham was a fair trek, the new ground is basically in Filey.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 15, 2022, 07:23:38 pm by roversdude »
Come on York - I work in York and some of the guys there are starting to get giddy

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 15, 2022, 07:25:15 pm by normal rules »
I was a little torn as York getting back to the league football, in time, would be to yorkshires benefit and ultimately throws up a local Derby for rovers.
Disappointed to see their own fans trashing seats in their own ground recently though.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 15, 2022, 07:50:40 pm by Spilsby Red »
York due to our rivalry in the 1980s.
Boston as I live here now and been to some of there matches at the old and new stadium. They were badly treated through one persons actions. Slightly favouring Boston. They have done it the hard way in the playoffs.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 15, 2022, 08:22:27 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Come on York. Done it the hard way also. Were about 15th in February. Didn't think they would beat Fylde at home to make the play offs, they did. Didn't think they would beat Chorley they did. Didn't think they would beat 2nd place Brackley away who have let in something silly like 26 goals all season, they did. Be good for another Yorkshire team to get promoted and to get back to the Conference. 

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 15, 2022, 08:44:03 pm by roversontheup »
I would prefer York City to be promoted, one of my mates is an avid supporter as well as being a Doncaster based school teacher

Guessing your mates name could be Dylan? My partner who is also an avid York City supporter taught with him. Come on City time you had some success.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 15, 2022, 11:42:46 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
I hope York go up. Good little club, had it hard for a few years, but now got a new stadium, decent set of players, on the up hopefully. I would have them away as one of our pre season games.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 16, 2022, 12:52:33 am by les@donr »
Love York as a city, ancient capital of Yorkshire . Want City to win and get back into the National League.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 16, 2022, 09:15:07 am by phil old leake »
Having lived in the Boston area it amazed me how badly the club were treated yet Evans got a bit of a ban and soon found him setback in football

I hope they get back to the conference and then build on it and get back into the league proper

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 16, 2022, 01:20:32 pm by VivaRovers »

It's only a mile... where did you get off, Selby?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 16, 2022, 02:41:00 pm by normal rules »
I believe the National lge have set a precedent for final playoffs being at the highest placed teams ground.
For Boston this would have been great to have been held at a neutral ground such as the Keepmoat.
York’s ground only holds 8000. There simply will not be enough tickets to meet demand.
This is a match that would interest neutrals too.
York will want home advantage of course.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 02:43:22 pm by normal rules »

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 16, 2022, 03:12:35 pm by VivaRovers »
As a play-off procedure though I think the non-league approach of single leg ties at the highest placed team's ground is a much better system than the two-legged ties in the Football League.

It gives greater merit to the achievement of team's that have finished higher over 40+ games. Plus, it never seems right that the team finishing say 6th gets to have a big showcase day out at big neutral ground that a team finishing top doesn't get.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 16, 2022, 04:27:01 pm by normal rules »
As a play-off procedure though I think the non-league approach of single leg ties at the highest placed team's ground is a much better system than the two-legged ties in the Football League.

It gives greater merit to the achievement of team's that have finished higher over 40+ games. Plus, it never seems right that the team finishing say 6th gets to have a big showcase day out at big neutral ground that a team finishing top doesn't get.

I agree. Up to the final. And in this case three points and just two goals separated York and Boston at seasons end.
It will be a shame that there will be people wanting to go to this game, which is huge for both clubs, but won’t be able to because there simply won’t be enough tickets . I suspect some York  pfans in particular will miss out as they have a potentially much bigger fan base.  Especially if they give Boston A decent allocation.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 17, 2022, 10:08:24 pm by normal rules »
Well, the PO final is turning out to be a bit of a sham.
York have had to reduce their paltry 8500 capacity to 7500 because their own fans can’t behave having trashed seats in their own stadium last week.
Boston have been given just over 800 tickets. They have over 500 season ticket holders. One ticket each.
York went on general sale today at 5pm and sold out in 45 mins.
Boston supporters were snapping up tickets in the home end as their own gen sale does not start till tomorrow at 10am.
York have now got wind and are cancelling tickets they think have been bought by away fans.
This could and should have been much much better.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 18, 2022, 07:06:37 am by Donnywolf »
Come on York .... Do it for YORKSHIRE .... And Harry Gration probably your No.1 fan

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on May 18, 2022, 09:19:45 am by DaveDRFC »
I went in the Boston end when they played York away a few weeks ago and they only took about 140. I'm sure whoever wants a ticket will be able to get one.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 18, 2022, 10:26:23 am by VivaRovers »
Well, the PO final is turning out to be a bit of a sham.
York have had to reduce their paltry 8500 capacity to 7500 because their own fans can’t behave having trashed seats in their own stadium last week.
Boston have been given just over 800 tickets. They have over 500 season ticket holders. One ticket each.
York went on general sale today at 5pm and sold out in 45 mins.
Boston supporters were snapping up tickets in the home end as their own gen sale does not start till tomorrow at 10am.
York have now got wind and are cancelling tickets they think have been bought by away fans.
This could and should have been much much better.

Always a shame when some fans miss out on big games, but if Boston wanted to be in a position to have more fans at the play-off game they had 42 games to try and get themselves in a better position.

If the game were at Boston there'd be York fans unable to attend as the allocation would've likewise been a similar size to the number of season ticket holders.

I still feel it's much better to have it at a packed out home ground of one of the sides involved than rattling round a half-empty bigger ground. And as I said before; it's a system that rightly rewards the team who've performed better over the course of the season.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 18, 2022, 12:50:53 pm by Campsall rover »
Rooting for York City.

Used to go and watch them quite a lot between 1970 and 1974
Played a couple of games in goal for them in the Northern Intermediate team in 1973
Always had a soft spot for them.

Dave Penney is DoF

Come on York. It’s time you got back to the National League and would love to see them back in the EFL very soon.

Used to love our Derby games back in the early 80’s also.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 18, 2022, 02:32:22 pm by roversdude »
Didn’t realise Dave Penney was there

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 18, 2022, 03:09:35 pm by Campsall rover »
Didn’t realise Dave Penney was there
About 4 years now I think.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 18, 2022, 04:22:38 pm by roversdude »
Thanks CR

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 18, 2022, 04:37:27 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Got my ticket for the game courtesy of my York season ticket owning friends.
Hopefully a good game.

Probably my favourite game this season is watching them play Morpeth in the Vase Trophy I think it was 2-0 down and playing against the dark arts, time wasting, dirty fouls, off the ball punches when ref not looking etc. Morpeth even had a dirty looking kit.. black with Amber stripes.. Morpeth were very funny to watch as a neutral. York turned it round and won 3-2. A moral victory but a very enjoyable game of contrasting styles.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 08:45:51 am by Donny Exile in York »

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 18, 2022, 09:01:53 pm by roversontheup »
Got my ticket for the game courtesy of my York season ticket owning friends.
Hopefully a good game and they make.

Probably my favourite game this season is watching them play Morpeth in the Vase Trophy I think it was 2-0 down and playing against the dark arts, time wasting, dirty fouls, off the ball punches when ref not looking etc. Morpeth even had a dirty looking kit.. black with Amber stripes.. Morpeth were very funny to watch as a neutral. York turned it round and won 3-2. A moral victory but a very enjoyable game of contrasting styles.
[/quot
I'll be there too with my York season tkt holding partner. I went to theur match at Farsley Celtic. Loved it. Stood watching the game and in front of us were Farsley fans enjoying a pint and having brought their dog.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on May 18, 2022, 09:29:52 pm by Prez »
Come on York .... Do it for YORKSHIRE .... And Harry Gration probably your No.1 fan

Guy Mowbray is big York fan. Hope they beat Boston. They have suffered big time under the appalling management of Jackie MacNamara. Hopefully they are on the way back.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 21, 2022, 04:02:55 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Just started listening to the commentary on the internet    non league commentaries are never blocked
..its half time york leading 1-0

John lewis has put himself in the shop window again

Scored for york

The season Grimsby got promotion back to the football league he was Bogle's striking partner.  ( both were not very good even though they got promotion )

He's had lot of clubs since and obviously still too good for this league

TinyPortal © 2005-2012