Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:58:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New kit launch event  (Read 13265 times)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: New kit launch event
« Reply #90 on June 23, 2022, 10:10:44 pm by PDX_Rover »
I think it’s pretty decent. So glad the hoops are back. Not keen on the iron on badge though. So much better a folks have mentioned when it’s an integral part of the shirt.

Edit: Having looked more closely… the club crest look sewn on. So my eyes are clearly phucked!!

Don’t mind the green logo actually.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 11:42:08 pm by PDX_Rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on June 23, 2022, 10:22:35 pm by ditch_drfc »
Happy to see hoops back and hopefully now be able to see numbers on the back of shirts. But overall it still doesn't hit the mark.

Its like we throw together a few random concepts without much thought to the overall shirt.

Eg sponsor. It's massive. Zero attempt to integrate it and looks terrible in green. Either change the sponsor colour or do a throwback kit to the 82/83 shirt with a green trim. Gigantic stick on patch doesn't do anything.

The cheap printed badge looks seriously naff too.

£45 for that mess - you're having a laugh.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on June 23, 2022, 10:23:20 pm by silent majority »
Kits can be a marmite product. However what you can’t deny is the quality of the evening that DRFC produced. Excellent interviews with the new recruits, JC, and the Heritage project. The final reveal of the new kit was delivered by some real legends of the club, Glyn Snodin, Jimmy O’Connor, Dougie, Steve Lister, etc etc.

Well done DRFC.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on June 23, 2022, 10:33:52 pm by ForsolongaRover »
It isn’t really a “kit” though, it’s just a shirt. A kit is the shirt with shorts and socks and a view of the back of the shirt with the numbers and names. It seems that we, the fans, have been short changed yet again.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on June 23, 2022, 10:39:35 pm by Scooter »
I like it and will defo be buying one

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on June 23, 2022, 10:50:00 pm by roversdude »
The badge is more sown on than stuck on nothing like the FBT kit
Really good quality shirt I’ve got a happy teenager anyway

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on June 23, 2022, 11:01:06 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Is it available to buy now?  Off on holiday again in a couple of weeks so be nice to take it along.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on June 23, 2022, 11:33:46 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Really good home kit, not sure about the away, maybe looks better in person.

The green one is the keeper kit, bit of a giveaway with Mitchell wearing it.

I saw a picture of a blue one somewhere with multi coloured squares on the sleeves, saw it somewhere, maybe a fan designed it but can’t find it now. I know the goalkeeper one is green, never interested in those kits.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 11:42:12 pm by Sammy Chung was King »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on June 24, 2022, 12:12:51 am by silent majority »
It isn’t really a “kit” though, it’s just a shirt. A kit is the shirt with shorts and socks and a view of the back of the shirt with the numbers and names. It seems that we, the fans, have been short changed yet again.

Short changed??

Dear me!

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on June 24, 2022, 12:20:23 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The home shirt is the best we’ve had for years. It’s modern but has a bit of the old in it as well. I don’t know the standard of the actual kit to wear or to the touch as I haven’t been near one. I’m sure the kit makers usually kit out rugby teams so they should be well made.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on June 24, 2022, 06:21:10 am by NickDRFC »
Big improvement but still not great for me, ok though.

Why do people think the sponsor colour would have been changed? A company isn’t going to spend good money sponsoring something only to change their brand for it!

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on June 24, 2022, 06:40:12 am by Lincoln Rover »
What a fantastic night organised by the backroom team at the club. An excellent new shirt in my opinion, combined with the new players & players from yesteryear. The kids loved it & now they have a chance to learn about the clubs hertitage in terms of past players identification numbers. So simple yet so effective. A big shout out to John Coyle the club historian for all his research.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on June 24, 2022, 07:05:38 am by Chris Black come back »
The most important aspect is that we no longer have to experience PTSD watching players in the kit from last season. Everything to do with last season needs erasing from history. I personally would advocate the club where it has the ability, refusing to release any official photos from last season. 2021/22 and everything associated with it was an absolute and unmitigated disaster of unprecedented proportions. Given the relative state of the club and the finances, 2021/22 was worse than 1997/98. 

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on June 24, 2022, 07:11:08 am by colincramb »
I think the shirt looks good and I like it. Far better than last seasons ‘effort’.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on June 24, 2022, 07:22:27 am by ditch_drfc »
Kits can be a marmite product. However what you can’t deny is the quality of the evening that DRFC produced. Excellent interviews with the new recruits, JC, and the Heritage project. The final reveal of the new kit was delivered by some real legends of the club, Glyn Snodin, Jimmy O’Connor, Dougie, Steve Lister, etc etc.

Well done DRFC.

Don't start acting like all is resolved and forgiven at the club because they put an event on to reveal a less than average kit.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on June 24, 2022, 07:34:35 am by adamtherover »
Reminds me more of a polo shirt, than an expensive footy top?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on June 24, 2022, 07:42:13 am by idler »
If the worst thing about the coming season is that some fans don’t like the new kit then at least the team must be doing something right on the pitch.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on June 24, 2022, 07:42:40 am by DearneValleyRover »

Well done DRFC.

Don't start acting like all is resolved and forgiven at the club because they put an event on to reveal a less than average kit.

That isn’t what he’s saying is it! The club can be congratulated on things they do well just as much as they can be criticised when they don’t

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on June 24, 2022, 08:12:42 am by roversdude »
The club acknowledged that they got things wrong, last night was part of (note part of) the road to put things right.
There were about 300 people last night that seemed to have a top evening and enjoyed the positivity coming from the club.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on June 24, 2022, 08:27:39 am by keyser_soze »
Happy to see hoops back and hopefully now be able to see numbers on the back of shirts. But overall it still doesn't hit the mark.

Its like we throw together a few random concepts without much thought to the overall shirt.

Eg sponsor. It's massive. Zero attempt to integrate it and looks terrible in green. Either change the sponsor colour or do a throwback kit to the 82/83 shirt with a green trim. Gigantic stick on patch doesn't do anything.

The cheap printed badge looks seriously naff too.

£45 for that mess - you're having a laugh.

I don't think the sponsor is that big, but the fact it completely interrupts a red hoop means it looks like it goes all the way to the next red hoop (you can see on the goalie kit that the logo is closely cropped around the lettering. Maybe they should have leaned into the green a bit more by having green detail on the cuffs and collar? We do have history of green in the kit.

Either way I think it will look smart on the pitch, pleased they've gone for white shorts.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on June 24, 2022, 08:53:13 am by ncRover »
Reminds me a bit of the 02/03 home shirt but looks like a nice fit.

I’m sure if we have a memorable season in it, it will grow on people.

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on June 24, 2022, 09:14:10 am by Silkscarf »
It looks OK to me. I see the sizes go up to 6XL.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on June 24, 2022, 09:21:54 am by Filo »

Chinese sizes?

6xl will be a medium in proper sizes

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on June 24, 2022, 09:23:03 am by DearneValleyRover »

I would imagine that you need to order one size higher than your normal size given previous kits

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on June 24, 2022, 09:30:47 am by rover-n-out »
First impressions from the photo's, I like it, I also like the green sponsor logo, gives the whole shirt some contrast, is there anybody who went last night tell us about the quality of the shirt. Great to see proper hoops back, and be good to see the whole kit when it's done.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on June 24, 2022, 09:38:09 am by Colin C No.3 »
Red & white HOOPS, with a collar please.

One happy chappy here.

With regards to the sponsors logo, it doesn’t exactly ‘spoil’ the shirt & green is their colour so we’re talking minor details here.

At least we’re not promoting some betting conglomerate & I’ve seen kits truly ‘spoilt’ with sponsor logo’s take big time Charlie’s Chelsea for an example where from the front they appear to be playing with 10 left backs!

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on June 24, 2022, 09:38:51 am by pib »

Well done DRFC.

Is there any more info out there or due to be released about this, for those of us that couldn't make last night?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on June 24, 2022, 09:47:07 am by DearneValleyRover »

Well done DRFC.

Is there any more info out there or due to be released about this, for those of us that couldn't make last night?
:that:

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on June 24, 2022, 09:59:31 am by VivaRovers »

This reads as if you're expecting the players to play b****ck naked from the waist down this season.

Yeah, it would be nice to see what the shorts and socks look like, but short-changed? By a photo of the kit? Come on man. Keep some perspective or you've no place to go to if/when genuinely bad things happen.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on June 24, 2022, 10:13:46 am by pib »
Shorts here: https://www.eliteprosports.co.uk/product/doncaster-rovers-22-23-home-shorts/

Oh and if you go on to the "official kit" tab on the above link, you can click on the home shirt and see the back of it as well.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 10:16:13 am by pib »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012