Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:06:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: …and the new manager of Barnsley is…  (Read 1996 times)

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
…and the new manager of Barnsley is…
« on June 13, 2022, 04:16:33 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
…Michael Duff, recently of Cheltenham Town:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61783557

Good choice, methinks. I bet this will bring a smile to the face of tyke1962!  :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 06:39:47 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
Re: …and the new manager of Barnsley is…
« Reply #1 on June 13, 2022, 04:28:14 pm by Jonathan »
He’s done a good job at Cheltenham. He was a ‘rookie manager’ when they appointed him, which means he might not have been given that chance to succeed by many of our supporters.

I wonder if he’ll look at bringing Alfie May back to South Yorkshire.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 13, 2022, 04:35:33 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

Good question, Jonathan.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 13, 2022, 04:42:14 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Good question, Jonathan.

Especially if the new Cheltenham manager's set-up doesn't suit Alfie's style of play.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 13, 2022, 04:43:43 pm by danumdon »
I'm not sure if he was ever on our radar but this type of manager with proven league experience would of hit the ground running for us when we mostly needed it.

But then it doesn't matter because we picked the best candidate for our job the club stated.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 13, 2022, 04:46:15 pm by Alan Southstand »
We picked the most enthusiastic candidate, not necessarily the best.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 13, 2022, 05:00:05 pm by Jonathan »
We picked the most enthusiastic candidate, not necessarily the best.

Rubbish. Enthusiasm was one of a number of qualities mentioned when we appointed. Not once was it ever cited as the sole, nor the most important, criteria. But don’t let that stop you throwing it around at any and every opportunity.

I think everyone gets it - you wouldn’t have chosen him, and the same goes for many others too. But will there ever come a time when you stop throwing that kind of shit about and just get behind him?

There’d have been people taking issue with literally anyone we appoint. Experienced managers oversaw disappointing campaigns too, and Cheltenham’s ‘rookie manager’ has just gone and got himself a new (better?) job.

McSheffrey starts next season with more experience taken from that last 6 months, lots to reflect on and a stronger team around him. We now need to recruit some more players over the coming days / weeks but it would be nice if people could just get behind things a bit and stop fuelling this toxic atmosphere at every turn.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 13, 2022, 05:25:19 pm by roversdude »
Jonathan you’re wasting your time certain posters have made their minds up and that’s it - they are entitled to their opinion but will always tilt agendas to back up their blinkered view

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 13, 2022, 05:27:44 pm by tyke1962 »
Clearly a change of strategy by my club after pursuing HC's from overseas .

It was crying out for a change of direction and I feel the last two were defiantly bottom of the well and that well was bone dry .

Looks to have done very well on meagre resources at Cheltenham and with our own budget dependent on the fees we get for Helik , Styles and a few more it will not be anywhere near what we enjoyed the last time we were in league one , they'll be no million pounds spent on players like Cauley Woodrow that's for sure .

If he can get us in the top 6 next season I'll be extremely happy which will be a very difficult and competitive  league .

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 13, 2022, 06:22:50 pm by Goole Rover »
Jonathan you’re wasting your time certain posters have made their minds up and that’s it - they are entitled to their opinion but will always tilt agendas to back up their blinkered view
Totally agree.one
The problem is that the critics have never managed, its a very difficult job you have to try to please everyone with your hands tied. I made plenty of mistakes but experience and support were valuable tools.
Good luck to Gary he had my vote.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 13, 2022, 09:23:17 pm by anton123 »
It’s gone from Barnsley getting a new manager to Jon stirring the pot and getting bag on when someone bites haha are fans just love to argue end off

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 14, 2022, 07:13:54 pm by Colin C No.3 »
It’s gone from Barnsley getting a new manager to Jon stirring the pot and getting bag on when someone bites haha are fans just love to argue end off

It’s our not ‘are’ it’s our & end of not ‘off’, apart from that & your lack of punctuation it was a perfect post…….apart from the content of course.

AS. It sounds as though you can’t wait for the season to start & Gary Mac to lose his first game in order that you can ‘dive in’ & say ‘I told you so’ or ‘This is what you get when you have an inexperienced manager’ along no doubt with casting aspersions at the board’s ambitions.

Enough already!

Last season was as toxic a season on this forum as I ever wish to see again so please, let’s be positive, at least until the new season starts.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 14, 2022, 09:31:34 pm by anton123 »

It’s our not ‘are’ it’s our & end of not ‘off’, apart from that & your lack of punctuation it was a perfect post…….apart from the content of course.

AS. It sounds as though you can’t wait for the season to start & Gary Mac to lose his first game in order that you can ‘dive in’ & say ‘I told you so’ or ‘This is what you get when you have an inexperienced manager’ along no doubt with casting aspersions at the board’s ambitions.

Enough already!

Last season was as toxic a season on this forum as I ever wish to see again so please, let’s be positive, at least until the new season starts.
What u going on about mate ?
Yes my punctuation is not the best , so what u get my point so why don’t u stop been toxic bud

TinyPortal © 2005-2012