Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:13:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wimbledon  (Read 3178 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Wimbledon
« on June 24, 2022, 10:08:57 pm by scawsby steve »
Did anyone go to this fixture by train last season at the new ground?

It seems there are 2 tube lines to there, and the Thameslink from St Pancras.

Which is the quickest and cheapest?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: Wimbledon
« Reply #1 on June 24, 2022, 11:11:02 pm by roversdude »
We parked at Cockfosters then got a tube to Tooting one change but a bit of a walk

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 24, 2022, 11:43:23 pm by elmsallrover »
Got train from St Pancras to haydon Road Station then a 10/ 15 minutes walk to the ground

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 25, 2022, 08:39:14 am by Rovers91 »
We went to tooting Broadway, was a pub nearby with a good selection of beers and then pretty much a straight walk down about 15mins to ground.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 25, 2022, 10:10:26 am by roversdude »
What was the pub please 91 - we ended running a bit late due to the A1 being closed near Peterborough so went straight to the ground

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 25, 2022, 11:28:56 am by Rovers91 »
Was called the Antelope the pub we went to, it's near the tube station as well.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 25, 2022, 12:14:07 pm by roversdude »
Cheers 91

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 25, 2022, 05:14:20 pm by scawsby steve »
Cheers, lads. After a bit of research, it seems that Elmsallrover's suggestion of St Pancras to Haydon Road station might be the best bet. That seems to be a journey of around 30 mins, compared to around 50 mins on the tube.

Regarding prices, I'll found out when I go for my tickets next week. I'll convey that to anyone on here that wants to know.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 05:17:23 pm by scawsby steve »

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 25, 2022, 07:00:10 pm by donnievic »
Best bet is deffo kings cross to Vauxhall and change to earlsfield more trains than haydons road  and you also that  side of the ground

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 25, 2022, 07:02:54 pm by donnievic »
Also be cheaper just to pay Doncaster to kings cross and then use your contactless from there and works out about £8 or £9 max on or card and is cheaper

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 25, 2022, 07:30:07 pm by elmsallrover »
Cheers, lads. After a bit of research, it seems that Elmsallrover's suggestion of St Pancras to Haydon Road station might be the best bet. That seems to be a journey of around 30 mins, compared to around 50 mins on the tube.

Regarding prices, I'll found out when I go for my tickets next week. I'll convey that to anyone on here that wants to know.

Cheers.
I think it cost me roundabout a tenner but that was for 2 with a 2 together railcard  also two trains an hour one of which included underground travel where you have to change (and it cost more) also coming back train left the station about 5.40/50 straight back to St Pancras

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 02, 2022, 07:15:24 pm by scawsby steve »
Best bet is deffo kings cross to Vauxhall and change to earlsfield more trains than haydons road  and you also that  side of the ground

Yours was the money shot, Vic. Got my tickets yesterday. 11.20 from Donny. Victoria line from King's X to Vauxhall, about 23 minutes. Train from Vauxhall to Earlsfield about 8 minutes. Arrive at Earlsfield at around 13.56.

£60.30 all in.

All we need now is a decent team to put on the field and it should be a good day.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 02, 2022, 08:00:26 pm by adamtherover »

Cheers.
this.... Oyster card work as well, so no messing with tickets...

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 03, 2022, 08:17:02 pm by donnievic »

Cheers.
this.... Oyster card work as well, so no messing with tickets...
yeah Oyster card is same price as your debit card

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 03, 2022, 08:43:39 pm by Donnywolf »
Was called the Antelope the pub we went to, it's near the tube station as well.

https://theantelopepub.com/

.... looks good , with all that real ale I could be temped to stay

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 03, 2022, 09:07:16 pm by donnievic »
We went in halfway house last year straight outside earlsfield station then 10/15 min walk to away end

VikingRich

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 03, 2022, 09:45:35 pm by VikingRich »
Turn right out of Earlsfield Station, walk 100 yards and on the corner is The Wandle pub. Great place and a 15 min walk to the ground.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 05, 2022, 10:05:12 pm by normal rules »
Lads (and lasses) . My lad and I went to this game last season. I put up a suggestion for a pre match pub and it was chokker with rovers.
Get the tube to Waterloo and then the overground train 5 mins to Earlsfield. Straight off the train into the Halfway House for pre match drinks. There is the Wandle or the Earlsfield the other way if you want a less rowdy affair.
There is another watering hole on the way to the ground (the leather bottle) which is just a 15 min walk tops. And you approach from the right end for the away stand.
See you all there.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 05, 2022, 10:07:32 pm by roversdude »
We’ll be going again

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 07, 2022, 04:23:27 am by scawsby steve »
Lads (and lasses) . My lad and I went to this game last season. I put up a suggestion for a pre match pub and it was chokker with rovers.
Get the tube to Waterloo and then the overground train 5 mins to Earlsfield. Straight off the train into the Halfway House for pre match drinks. There is the Wandle or the Earlsfield the other way if you want a less rowdy affair.
There is another watering hole on the way to the ground (the leather bottle) which is just a 15 min walk tops. And you approach from the right end for the away stand.
See you all there.

Apologies if it was just a typo, NR, but the train from Waterloo to Earlsfield is 12 mins. I'll be getting on it at Vauxhall, which is 8 mins from Earlsfield.

Also, the tube from King's Cross to Vauxhall is quicker than the tube to Waterloo.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012