Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:27:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Who does Lewis Hamilton think he is  (Read 1199 times)

phil old leake

• Forum Member
Who does Lewis Hamilton think he is
« on July 01, 2022, 12:03:10 am by phil old leake »
What gives him the right to decide who can and can’t criticise him or anyone else or anything

Ok so Piquets words are supposedly racist which I agree he shouldn’t have said. 

Why does Hamilton think that J Stewart and Others should be cancelled

Just because it doesn’t go with his personal feelings doesn’t make it wrong. 

“Older voices shouldn’t be given a platform”  Cheeky sod

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mugnapper

• Forum Member
Re: Who does Lewis Hamilton think he is
« Reply #1 on July 02, 2022, 05:13:49 pm by mugnapper »
I think he meant older voices that think it's ok to call someone a "nigger'' and  "queer" in 2022.
Would you agree with that Phil?

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 02, 2022, 05:39:05 pm by belton rover »
‘Queer’ is an interesting one. I only recently discovered that the ‘Q’ in LGTBQ+ stands for ‘queer’.
I thought it meant ‘questioning’ as in questioning one’s sexuality, but apparently it’s both.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 02, 2022, 05:57:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Phil

Genuine question. Has Hamilton specifically named anyone in what he said?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 02, 2022, 07:44:07 pm by Ldr »
Is pushing ageism ok if you dont name anyone?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 02, 2022, 09:40:06 pm by drfchound »
Queer is a word that was used lots when i was a young man but then it became taboo to say that.
In recent times it has come back into vogue and even some gay people refer to themselves as queer.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 03, 2022, 12:12:34 am by phil old leake »
Mugnapper I agree that in the present day the N word is a no no and no one should be racially abused. 

My point is that he seems to think that anyone who has a different opinion to him is wrong
Who is he to say that anyone else cannot have a point of view. 

Mugnapper I think that you’ll find it’s now fashionable (this week) to be queer

BST I think Hamilton was having a go at Nelson Piquet because he had said some word can be translated in different ways and has been thought to have meant Nxxxer   

He’s also upset that Jackie Stewart has said it’s time he retired. 

He has no right to say who can and cannot have opinions about anything even if it’s not fashionable  at the present time

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 03, 2022, 12:22:58 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Phil.
I think he has the right to ask that people who use racial slurs shouldn't be given a platform.

I think he's right to say that old white men like Ecclestone shouldn't be wheeled out on TV to tell him, a black man, how he should respond to a racial slur. I didn't see anywhere where he called out Stewart directly.

The point is that anyone can say what they want. But that doesn't mean they should expect to be given a PUBLIC platform to say it. The way I read Hamilton's comments, I saw it as a frustration that comments like these are actively sought by the media, precisely because they cause aggro. Let Picquet use whatever abusive terms he wants. In private. Let Ecclestone laud a fascist warmonger and tell someone how to respond to abuse that he's never had to face. In private. Don't go looking for them.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 03, 2022, 02:16:04 am by phil old leake »
I may have misunderstood him but I just feel he has a lot to say and a lot of opinions that suit him.  He must be one of the most successful victims I’ve heard of.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 03, 2022, 03:00:07 am by SydneyRover »
I may have misunderstood him but I just feel he has a lot to say and a lot of opinions that suit him.  He must be one of the most successful victims I’ve heard of.

You sound a lot like a victim phil

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 03, 2022, 11:07:23 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Do you think he may at times get a bit o
pissed off at having to put up with racist abuse? Do you think he deserves a bit of leeway?

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 03, 2022, 05:55:39 pm by phil old leake »
Syd I am a victim. 

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 03, 2022, 10:15:31 pm by SydneyRover »
thought so

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 04, 2022, 03:36:56 am by SydneyRover »
Great to see support from people such as Hamilton for protesters trying to get governments to act on climate change and call out racism in sport.

It would help if more were on the same page.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 04, 2022, 09:12:49 am by ravenrover »
An F1 driver supporting climate change, really?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 04, 2022, 09:24:34 am by SydneyRover »
Would you rather he didn't RR?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 04, 2022, 11:01:39 am by danumdon »
Lewis has always had a supreme talent as a F1racing driver, massive shame that he managed to get robbed of the title last season (by an Aussie tw*t) when he would of become arguably the GOAT. After this great injustice i thought he maybe should of retired and got himself away from what has become a bit of a circus.

He's always managed to use his status as a sounding board for things which he feels passionate about and has had to take a great deal of stick and racism from elements in the general public and the media for his views.

I just wonder now if he'd of been better advised to retire whilst still at the top to allow him to concentrate on his fundraising/charity work without the additional pressures of F!, before it becomes a case of people saying he's taken his eye off the ball and has become too politically active instead of concentrating on his racing for now.

My own thoughts are he should do as he wants, because of the specification changes this season that Mercedes have totally messed up he will require to come back again next year to try and win his record breaking WDC.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 04, 2022, 11:31:39 am by Axholme Lion »

He must be a Liverpool fan.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 04, 2022, 12:37:46 pm by SydneyRover »
Lewis has always had a supreme talent as a F1racing driver, massive shame that he managed to get robbed of the title last season (by an Aussie tw*t) when he would of become arguably the GOAT. After this great injustice i thought he maybe should of retired and got himself away from what has become a bit of a circus.

He's always managed to use his status as a sounding board for things which he feels passionate about and has had to take a great deal of stick and racism from elements in the general public and the media for his views.

I just wonder now if he'd of been better advised to retire whilst still at the top to allow him to concentrate on his fundraising/charity work without the additional pressures of F!, before it becomes a case of people saying he's taken his eye off the ball and has become too politically active instead of concentrating on his racing for now.

My own thoughts are he should do as he wants, because of the specification changes this season that Mercedes have totally messed up he will require to come back again next year to try and win his record breaking WDC.

Hamilton is a superstar of F1 whatever happens in the future and as an added bonus he has a conscience. We all. no matter what we do contribute to global warming and to have LH speak in support of activists that shame governments, what could be better? He also takes a lot of shit from knuckle draggers and defends himself, who wouldn't.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 04, 2022, 03:54:15 pm by ravenrover »
Fraid you"ve missed the irony in that Syd

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 04, 2022, 04:14:30 pm by phil old leake »
RR some of us didn’t

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on July 04, 2022, 04:45:24 pm by SydneyRover »
Fraid you"ve missed the irony in that Syd

The irony would be if he started protesting about climate change when he retired from competitive driving, don't you think?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on July 04, 2022, 05:56:35 pm by ravenrover »
Wriggling a bit there Syd

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 04, 2022, 06:15:08 pm by tyke1962 »

Hamilton is a superstar of F1 whatever happens in the future and as an added bonus he has a conscience. We all. no matter what we do contribute to global warming and to have LH speak in support of activists that shame governments, what could be better? He also takes a lot of shit from knuckle draggers and defends himself, who wouldn't.

Oh he's a conscience alright , like getting outed in The Paradise Papers for his tax avoidance on his helicopter ( another irony alert ) .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012