Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:14:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Agard  (Read 2589 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Agard
« on July 03, 2022, 07:16:06 am by GazLaz »
I may have missed it but was he around yesterday?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
Re: Agard
« Reply #1 on July 03, 2022, 07:56:43 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Injured or still reciting from an injury. Think they said a bit ago he’s in sane boat as Close on fitness

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 03, 2022, 08:26:21 am by 5minstogo »
He was there watching. Guessing he's still getting back up to match fitness. I'm sure a lot of them would have benefited from 15/20 minutes

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 03, 2022, 08:57:02 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Does anyone follow sports science enough to explain why a few of the players "weren't ready for a match"?

Because they'd been in preseason training all week no injuries noted and its not like the old days where they get on the all inclusive all summer and need to lose a stone or two. So i just find it strange that they wouldn't benefit from playing a game.

My guess is they need to meet certain fitness criteria to play or else they might be at a higher risk of strains and injuries. Just be interesting to know the science into what makes a player ready and not ready 

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 03, 2022, 09:03:33 am by steve@dcfd »
The initial report was that Agard Close and Rowe would be full training this week. Rowe appears to have been in front of schedule. So the others two could be available next Saturday. Biggins and Molyneux hopefully they will be able to play some part next Saturday and it was just a match fitness. As you say the sport scientist will should be deciding that.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 03, 2022, 09:05:00 am by GazLaz »
Does anyone follow sports science enough to explain why a few of the players "weren't ready for a match"?

Because they'd been in preseason training all week no injuries noted and its not like the old days where they get on the all inclusive all summer and need to lose a stone or two. So i just find it strange that they wouldn't benefit from playing a game.

My guess is they need to meet certain fitness criteria to play or else they might be at a higher risk of strains and injuries. Just be interesting to know the science into what makes a player ready and not ready 

Some players could be showing a reaction to being worked hard during the week. Muscle soreness etc. Playing a match on top of that wouldn’t be ideal would it?

I think there will be a more scientific approach to the players preparation this pre season as there was to the last one.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 03, 2022, 09:13:36 am by sedwardsdrfc »

Some players could be showing a reaction to being worked hard during the week. Muscle soreness etc. Playing a match on top of that wouldn’t be ideal would it?

I think there will be a more scientific approach to the players preparation this pre season as there was to the last one.

That's what i'm getting at. Not saying it's wrong just like to know the science behind it. But makes sense if we have been pushing hard (as we need to considering poor fitness last season).

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 03, 2022, 09:19:25 am by Branton Rover »
Kieran Agard is fast becoming the new Major Steve Austin - the Six Million Dollar Man - gentlemen, we have the technology we can rebuild him.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 03, 2022, 09:21:27 am by Jonathan »
Putting trust in the new sports science team and physio. I’m pleased to hear the physio has been giving some forthright advice even if that means a few players are temporarily missing. Hopefully that avoids some of the longer term problems we suffered last season.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 03, 2022, 09:22:19 am by selby »
 As well as playing the game at Armthorpe the squad trained hard yesterday morning at Cantley with Agard and Fej involved and they were in the Gym until past one o'clock.
  All the squad and the u18s had a hard day at work yesterday.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 03, 2022, 09:41:18 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It's good management to be fair. Don't overwork the players and get an injury when they've pushed very hard in training.  I'm pleased if the science is dictating the schedule.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 03, 2022, 10:00:14 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Makes sense for sure. Especially as the game was against a much lower team (no offence) it's not going to get the match sharpness into the players as much

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 03, 2022, 01:07:33 pm by Danmckay456 »
He could be the next Steve brooker

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 03, 2022, 01:35:33 pm by Campsall rover »
He could be the next Steve brooker
He will need to grow a bit.  ;)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 03, 2022, 04:31:18 pm by Chris Black come back »
Is Agard going to stick around? He was never mentioned in same terms as Hiwula and Dodoo, but even with a relegation reduction he will be a decent earner and McSheffrey oddly basically chose not to play him after the first few games when he arrived. Not sure how he is going to fit in with all the forward players now signed or back fit.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 03, 2022, 04:39:22 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
The way things are going injury wise, I see a mutual termination. He doesn’t seem to be able to get on the field to play for us.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 03, 2022, 05:06:30 pm by Branton Rover »
Tommy Tynan syndrome strikes again

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 05, 2022, 11:28:29 am by Barmby Rover »
Kieran Agard is fast becoming the new Major Steve Austin - the Six Million Dollar Man - gentlemen, we have the technology we can rebuild him.

If they are rebuilding him they have lost the original blueprint.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012