Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:20:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Todays game  (Read 11181 times)

goalkick

• Forum Member
Re: Todays game
« Reply #60 on July 02, 2022, 06:09:24 pm by goalkick »
Can all have opinions after today and are entitled to them. Let’s see what transpires Bradford plus only time will tell.I hope for the best.  Hope I won’t be disappointed.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on July 02, 2022, 06:09:46 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
I think I might know the Jack player identity. Not sure though.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on July 02, 2022, 06:09:52 pm by mushRTID »
I’m sure for the number 7, the lads are shouting Jack.

Somebody on twitter said number 7 was Jack Degruchy.

A quick google and looks like him. Released by York City.

I rated the LB, reckon he will sign.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on July 02, 2022, 06:10:24 pm by steve@dcfd »
When RW played Trialists last preseason he got ridiculed but GMC ok he’s got Copps so we will be ok.

I admire your positivity on this one Steve, but hopefully we’ll still use this coming month to bring some of our targets in so that we’re not over-reliant on trialists.
Jon we heard before it’s following last year’s recruitment strategy and they will probably be better players.
Give a player an extension fanfare sign players 3 players fanfare scratch around for rest. I hope I’m wrong.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on July 02, 2022, 06:17:11 pm by Campsall rover »
 :thumbsup:
When RW played Trialists last preseason he got ridiculed but GMC ok he’s got Copps so we will be ok.

How many trialists did we play today?
Two. Cieran Dunne at 3 and Jack surname unknown at 7. Like the look of Dunne once he got going, good pace down the line and dangerous delivery from the left.

Yes, Reg, but how good was he at defending? It sounds like we were exposed again.
He didnt have much defending to do.
Only time Armthorpe looked like scoring really was on corners. We are still vulnerable on these even against a 10th tier side.

Williams is awful on these and is constantly caught underneath crosses. He is the worst centre back in the air i have seen at Rovers for a long long time. 1997/98 in fact.

Faulkner showed him how to head a ball.
This lad as Brian ( Selby ) keeps telling us has a big future ahead of him. He was excellent. Best prospect I have seen at Rovers since Ian Snodin was 17/18
Now that’s praise.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 06:19:15 pm by Campsall rover »

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on July 02, 2022, 06:18:54 pm by Sammy Chung was King »

Not the Jack I thought then.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on July 02, 2022, 06:25:05 pm by drfchound »

Who do you think he is then, don’t be shy.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on July 02, 2022, 06:26:46 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Grealish  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on July 02, 2022, 06:32:39 pm by Metalmicky »
This him...

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on July 02, 2022, 06:33:16 pm by IDM »

I admire your positivity on this one Steve, but hopefully we’ll still use this coming month to bring some of our targets in so that we’re not over-reliant on trialists.
Jon we heard before it’s following last year’s recruitment strategy and they will probably be better players.
Give a player an extension fanfare sign players 3 players fanfare scratch around for rest. I hope I’m wrong.

Scratch around for the rest.??

Because we haven’t announced anyone new for a while and it’s not as if the window closes next week is it.???

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on July 02, 2022, 06:36:43 pm by Spilsby Red »
About the recruitment Steve!! Let’s wait and see. It’s only 2 weeks old the pre-season. Some people want this some people want that. Some people say the board don’t put money in. Some people say GMC shouldn’t be in charge.
We have a great football club that is ran the right way. Yes we got relegated last season, it happens. I support my club as everyone does, people want things done differently. Be careful what some of you wish for.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on July 02, 2022, 06:37:07 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
How did Jack do, any good?.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on July 02, 2022, 06:40:39 pm by Sammy Chung was King »

[/quote
 I thought it might be Jack Byrne, also an attacking midfielder.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on July 02, 2022, 06:43:54 pm by steve@dcfd »
About the recruitment Steve!! Let’s wait and see. It’s only 2 weeks old the pre-season. Some people want this some people want that. Some people say the board don’t put money in. Some people say GMC shouldn’t be in charge.
We have a great football club that is ran the right way. Yes we got relegated last season, it happens. I support my club as everyone does, people want things done differently. Be careful what some of you wish for.
Ok I’ll not say another thing about recruitment let’s see who we get and their quality. Let’s see how the injuries progress we will see how good we are when we play Rotherham and then Bradford first game.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on July 02, 2022, 06:47:36 pm by bpoolrover »
can't see a problem playing trialists at this stage,the problem last year was playing half a team of trialists in the final pre season game, every other team pretty much used the final game to play there best team

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on July 02, 2022, 06:47:51 pm by scawsby steve »

Two. Cieran Dunne at 3 and Jack surname unknown at 7. Like the look of Dunne once he got going, good pace down the line and dangerous delivery from the left.

Yes, Reg, but how good was he at defending? It sounds like we were exposed again.
Only time Armthorpe looked like scoring really was on corners. We are still vulnerable on these even against a 10th tier side.

Williams is awful on these and is constantly caught underneath crosses. He is the worst centre back in the air i have seen at Rovers for a long long time. 1997/98 in fact.

This lad as Brian ( Selby ) keeps telling us has a big future ahead of him. He was excellent. Best prospect I have seen at Rovers since Ian Snodin was 17/18
Now that’s praise.

Thanks for that, Camps. I totally agree about Williams; he's dreadful.

It sounds like young Faulkner is very good. Would you play him in our regular back 4 from the off, or do we need to sign another CB?

I think you'll agree that our current defence wouldn't be good enough for promotion.

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on July 02, 2022, 06:48:16 pm by Reg of the Rovers »

[/quote
 I thought it might be Jack Byrne, also an attacking midfielder.
Looking at the picture I think Mush is right about Jack Degruchy. I wasn’t overly impressed, a couple of miscontrols and seemed quiet. First game back though and lots of rusty performances. Only looks a young lad so one for the future maybe.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on July 02, 2022, 06:53:47 pm by Jonathan »

Hope you’re wrong? I thought you genuinely meant we’ll be okay.

On the wider issue of recruitment, we can’t rush into any judgements on the likes of Dunne based on a game against Armthorpe Welfare. If he continues to do well then maybe he can strengthen the squad, but it would be a big risk to sign somebody to play at left back that’s played so few senior games and even then isn’t recognised in that position. I’m not sure we can afford to take that risk alone. But a left back and Dunne to strengthen the left side may see us in a much better position.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on July 02, 2022, 06:59:54 pm by GazLaz »

On the wider issue of recruitment, we can’t rush into any judgements on the likes of Dunne based on a game against Armthorpe Welfare. If he continues to do well then maybe he can strengthen the squad, but it would be a big risk to sign somebody to play at left back that’s played so few senior games and even then isn’t recognised in that position. I’m not sure we can afford to take that risk alone. But a left back and Dunne to strengthen the left side may see us in a much better position.

Why not just sign a good, low risk left back? There are loads out there.

Honestly, two months ago I thought we would be nailed on to have a much more positive season in 22/23 than most people expected. I get less confident as the days pass to be honest.

GS saying he we went two up top in the second half because he thought we needed an extra body up there!!! Surely these games are about grinding out patterns of play to work on the shape and style you want to play going into the season, not making it up as you go along tinkering the tactics to out smart a 10th tier side!

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on July 02, 2022, 07:02:57 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
We won the game, hopefully the start of a nice habit. It’s given us chance to have a look at people. We need signings of similar quality to Miller and Molyneux in the other positions if we are going to do well. Decent start.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on July 02, 2022, 07:05:20 pm by Campsall rover »

Now that’s praise.

Thanks for that, Camps. I totally agree about Williams; he's dreadful.

It sounds like young Faulkner is very good. Would you play him in our regular back 4 from the off, or do we need to sign another CB?

I think you'll agree that our current defence wouldn't be good enough for promotion.
If Anderson isn’t fit then Faulkner and Olowu are the best bet for me as a 2 at centre back.
If Anderson is fit then we need his experience.
To go into the season with an 18 yrs old and a 22 yr old at centre back is a bit of a gamble no matter how good they seem to be.
But Faulkner on the bench for me this season. He seems to have an old head on young shoulders.
Very impressed today again even if it was only Armthorpe we were playing.
He will be a star of the future. Please please stay fit

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on July 02, 2022, 07:11:34 pm by Copps is Magic »
Physicality.

An outstanding and obvious weakness of the squad.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on July 02, 2022, 07:18:34 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Faulkner has got the ability I’ve no doubt. He has the potential be better than a few of the more experienced centre backs.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on July 02, 2022, 07:20:19 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

Honestly, two months ago I thought we would be nailed on to have a much more positive season in 22/23 than most people expected. I get less confident as the days pass to be honest.

GS saying he we went two up top in the second half because he thought we needed an extra body up there!!! Surely these games are about grinding out patterns of play to work on the shape and style you want to play going into the season, not making it up as you go along tinkering the tactics to out smart a 10th tier side!

Yeah that’s strange. We’d be better off losing every preseason game if it was drilling a pattern of play into the lads so we look like a proper team come the real thing.

I’m not so worried about recruitment it’s the ability of GM to be better than a Dickov type manager I.e. pick and 11 and hope they win.

Also if our favoured starting set up means we struggle to get bodies forward against a 10th tier side it looks like we’ve learnt nothing from last season re scoring goals.

Hope these aren’t patterns of what we’ll see in the future

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on July 02, 2022, 07:24:57 pm by keith79 »
Its all about match fitness and players getting minutes. 

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on July 02, 2022, 07:27:59 pm by GazLaz »
Its all about match fitness and players getting minutes. 

Surely you can get more out of these games than just that!?!

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on July 02, 2022, 07:39:11 pm by Jonathan »
Before we overreact to one game or one comment in a snap interview, surely alternating formations (as it appears we did) is all part of the preparation. Moreover, that team that started the game won’t be the one that starts on day one. In the coming games we’ll see different teams take to the field and hopefully some more key incomings too. I don't see that as “making it up as you go along.”   

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on July 02, 2022, 07:49:38 pm by Campsall rover »

Yeah that’s strange. We’d be better off losing every preseason game if it was drilling a pattern of play into the lads so we look like a proper team come the real thing.

I’m not so worried about recruitment it’s the ability of GM to be better than a Dickov type manager I.e. pick and 11 and hope they win.

Also if our favoured starting set up means we struggle to get bodies forward against a 10th tier side it looks like we’ve learnt nothing from last season re scoring goals.

Hope these aren’t patterns of what we’ll see in the future
We got plenty of bodies forward today. Just some poor shooting and lacked a bit of creativity.
Taylor could have scored 6 and should have scored 3
Shooting practice for him next week.
A few of them looked rusty but is that a surprise, no it isn’t they have only been doing fitness training so far and probably very little work with a ball up to the last 3/4 days.
Tommy Rowe and Reo Griffiths were looking a little leggy. But this is the 1st pre season game so no worries for me.
It is how the squad is on 30th July that’s important not 2nd July.

Miller I thought was very good. Lively, good awareness, can cross a ball, can head a ball and can shoot.
All good attributes for a front man.

Disappointed we didn’t see Biggins and Molineux but if they are not quite ready then so be it. Hopefully they will be at Nuneaton next Saturday.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on July 02, 2022, 07:53:44 pm by roversdude »
Well Bobby’s mother was proud of her lad and every reason to be, she was stood next to us telling young lads her son was number 35. Big prospect young Faulkner

TinyPortal © 2005-2012