Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 11:36:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Have we seen improvements  (Read 2392 times)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
Re: Have we seen improvements
« Reply #30 on July 14, 2022, 07:25:42 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I just want to see improvement, these pre season games mean feck all, how we perform( not results) in the first few games will mean more to me than results. We had neither performance or results last year.
SOD taught me it is more about performance, if we perform we can accept the results easier, it’s when we go down without a whimper and no idea of how to even win that kills.

This is so true. Bradford might be a hard start but so long as we look like a competent outfit we'll have improved from last season with a plenty of room to keep pushing this.

The point on performance and improvement is what disappointed me with GM last season. Would have been ok with us going down if we looked like there was something to hold on to. Only thing we've got to hold on to is the hope the old excuses are gone. And with the injuries that's not started so well.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 14, 2022, 07:51:11 pm by Chris Black come back »
We’ve also dropped down a league, to the lowest level in the professional game. If the aim is to be competent at this level that is some low expectations we are looking at there.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 14, 2022, 08:10:08 pm by Jonathan »
The answer to the op question, imho, is yes and no. I had hoped for improvement in the defence and, sadly, that hasn’t happened, yet.

The midfield is still lacking any sort of enforcer, so that is still a problem.

The attack has been improved, with Miller and Molyneux. The verdict is out on Griffiths and we havn’t really seen enough of Andrews.

This pre-season has gone, so far, pretty much the same as last summer’s, with a flurry of quick signings and then not much else! Still time, of course, but not that long before we have the first meaningful game.

It’s to be hoped we get no more injuries, otherwise we are going to be struggling to name 18 players for Bradford.

We don’t always agree as you know, Alan, but I think this is very fair comment.

I’m happy with the business we’ve done, but we need to do quite a lot more of it still. I trust that’s going to happen, and I back the club as always. I also have some sympathy with those in charge as there are big calls to make given where we’re at.

We have a tough start to the season, we’ve been hit again by injuries (praying Clayton isn’t added to the growing list) and, whilst we’ve been successful in offloading a couple of players that we needed to, we really haven’t seen enough coming in yet. Will the budget we set be enough to cope with covering the expensive absences we continue to suffer from? I don’t know the answer to that and I do feel for the club on it as it’s all too easy for fans to just call for more money to be spent. But if we get off to a bad start with a thin squad then the atmosphere around the place could be difficult to come back from. That’s a genuine risk as things stand. We need to start on the front foot but, looking at the players we have available as things stand, it will cost money to get to where we’d like to be.

Work to do and big calls ahead. Still I’m looking forward to Saturday.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 14, 2022, 08:13:12 pm by Upton Rover »
The team look way off been competitive , need some more quality in, if we are to be serious contenders for promotion. Because as it is, we’re not there yet.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on July 14, 2022, 08:40:30 pm by roversdude »
Difficult to judge seems as though we haven’t had what we would consider a starting 11 on the pitch together. In saying this I am only referring to the players available

TinyPortal © 2005-2012