Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 10:17:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Seven without defeat  (Read 1231 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Seven without defeat
« on July 18, 2022, 12:35:56 pm by selby »
  Wow, after the previous run we had, well done GM and the rest of the management team, a vast improvement.
  A real test of how we have improved v Rotherham after the way they just rolled us over last season, it will be interesting to see if we are really a much better team.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Seven without defeat
« Reply #1 on July 18, 2022, 01:37:02 pm by NickDRFC »
I don’t think you should ever read much into friendly results and 4 of those 7 games have been friendlies, and I’m not sure you can read too much into the dead cat bounce run we had at the end of the season when we were already doomed and playing sides with nothing to play for.

That said things do appear a lot more promising. I’ve been a McSceptic in the past and still have my reservations but from what I’ve read we do appear to be a lot more organised and capable so things seem to be moving in the right direction.

Similarly I’m not that bothered by what happens against Rotherham - hopefully GM’s preferred team gets an hour together but even a comprehensive win won’t really mean much.

Long may the improvement continue and hopefully McSheffrey proves me and others who had their doubts wrong this season.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 18, 2022, 01:51:24 pm by Campsall rover »
I don’t think you should ever read much into friendly results and 4 of those 7 games have been friendlies, and I’m not sure you can read too much into the dead cat bounce run we had at the end of the season when we were already doomed and playing sides with nothing to play for.

That said things do appear a lot more promising. I’ve been a McSceptic in the past and still have my reservations but from what I’ve read we do appear to be a lot more organised and capable so things seem to be moving in the right direction.

Similarly I’m not that bothered by what happens against Rotherham - hopefully GM’s preferred team gets an hour together but even a comprehensive win won’t really mean much.

Long may the improvement continue and hopefully McSheffrey proves me and others who had their doubts wrong this season.
I think in that heat no one will play more than 45 mins tomorrow. Forecast to be 35 degrees at 7.00pm.
It would be madness.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 18, 2022, 02:09:40 pm by Alan Southstand »
A bit late in the day to change it now, but it’s not as though we havn’t been warned!

I feel for the players, it will be murder.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 18, 2022, 09:21:30 pm by LincsRover »
  Wow, after the previous run we had, well done GM and the rest of the management team, a vast improvement.
  A real test of how we have improved v Rotherham after the way they just rolled us over last season, it will be interesting to see if we are really a much better team.

Oh come on Selby!! FFS!! Why did you have to mention it, you do know what happens now don’t you?!  :coat: :coat:

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 19, 2022, 03:33:09 pm by selby »
  Yep, it will be eight.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 19, 2022, 04:27:19 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Two nil win or a draw tonight.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012