Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:57:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Todays team  (Read 4073 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Re: Todays team
« Reply #60 on July 24, 2022, 08:06:04 am by Alan Southstand »
And the same thing in the 2nd half!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on July 24, 2022, 08:13:52 am by dickos1 »
We were a bit sloppy at beginning of second half but we completely dominated possession for the whole game other than the first 20 mins
If we’d taken our chances it would’ve been 6-7 nil

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on July 24, 2022, 08:17:29 am by Alan Southstand »
Appreciate that Dickos, but I was referring to GM’s thoughts on the game.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on July 24, 2022, 12:57:43 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think his comments are all part of gearing up to raise the standards.

I think there's a more intense effort going in to individual coaching and improvement, particularly the simple things  the basics. The basics that good teams do more consistently than others making fewer unforced errors.

I think they're trying to instill a culture where the players want to ask "how can I be a better footballer" instead of just turning up to training and going through the motions.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on July 24, 2022, 01:19:00 pm by RobTheRover »
Love me some Boffins, Peebles

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on July 24, 2022, 03:08:20 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
https://youtu.be/7WErkVJHwV0

The quality of some of the passing and movement is really good and no matter who you play against, if you move the ball at that pace and purpose you're going to cause alot of damage.

The goals all had quality written all over them and what is also good to see is the desire to get shots on goal from distance from several players.

I think we could be onto something special here.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on July 24, 2022, 04:46:01 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
I’m hoping Maxwell and Long solve our soft underbelly back there. We definitely have more players to occupy the opposition, that takes some strain off the defence. Our midfield I would think will win most battles-I can’t see there being many better than ours.

The problem with Long coming straight into the side, is that he is probably a week or two behind the rest. It’s more likely the manager will start with the defence, that played last season, with Maxwell being our only new defensive addition that starts.

Long will have to wait for his chance I fear.
We have a lot of good options in the squad this season. I don’t see it happening but I would have liked an experienced goalkeeper addition.
We have three goalkeepers though so unlikely. I think this our one glaring weakness. I would get an experienced keeper in and loan Jones and Bottomley out.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on July 24, 2022, 04:55:37 pm by DearneValleyRover »

The quality of some of the passing and movement is really good and no matter who you play against, if you move the ball at that pace and purpose you're going to cause alot of damage.

The goals all had quality written all over them and what is also good to see is the desire to get shots on goal from distance from several players.

All that was lacking was a bit of composure in front of goal, if the lads can stop snatching at the ball and breathe before shooting they could bag loads. Sniper training!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on July 24, 2022, 05:23:34 pm by roversdude »
Hoping that there is good news on the injury front, that Molyneux and Tomlin are available next week and Reo not out for long

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on July 24, 2022, 09:04:06 pm by drfchound »

Thanks for those highlights Baz.
It took half a dozen matches to create that many chances last season.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012