Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:34:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: To all you leaver’s  (Read 10262 times)

pib

• Forum Member
Re: To all you leaver’s
« Reply #120 on August 07, 2022, 11:37:14 am by pib »
I think there were some concerning elements to yesterdays performance, and certainly lots of room for improvement. I’m yet to be convinced on McSheffrey but have to give him the benefit of the doubt so far this season due to the difficult circumstances of the Bradford game, and the fact that several key players have been missing from both games so far.

For example, I thought we really suffered from a lack of width yesterday, but realistically there was very little GM could’ve done to alter that. The full backs were doing their best to get forward but when you’re missing Molyneux, Taylor, Barlow, and need the likes of Rowe in the centre due to the absence of other creative central players like Tomlin and Close, it reduces your options quite a bit.

The midfield setup from yesterday really needs thinking about but it seems like GM knows that, judging by his post match comments. I’m hoping that was an off day from Biggins too as I thought he struggled. Far too ponderous in possession and rarely found a forward pass. Andrews seemed to really struggle also. Not sure if he’s low on fitness, confidence or just not quite up to it, but thought he offered very little and we looked far better when Agard was brought on.

Positives - Williams and Olowu were very good second half. It looked like they had been instructed to get on the front foot more and defend more aggressively, and they won most of their battles second half. The pace and athleticism between the two of them is immense as well. Mitchell looked assured. Agard made a real difference with his movement, and Kuleya did well and gave us some much needed energy out wide. Rowe showed his quality exceeding the level we’re at at times, particularly with the equaliser where he could’ve easily panicked and tried to rush things, but thought he brought the ball down and found space expertly, and was able to then deliver for Miller to attack the ball and score. Thought Maxwell played well for the most part too.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on August 07, 2022, 11:52:27 am by Lesonthewest »
Every post you’ve made for the last 3 months has been negative.
No balance at all to your posts just moan and complain about everything and anything
Go on then I'll bite, total rubbish you are saying again, I suggest you read back through my posts. I will always support & praise us when I feel it's warranted but I will also say it as I see it, hope that's okay with you & a few other posters. Anyway I thought we were brilliant yesterday, there is that better.

I’ve looked back through your posts and out of around 60 since the end of the season there’s only 1 post with any sort of positivity.
All the rest is just negative drivel

Lol, since the end of the season? Why just then, you keep putting your own spin on things fella. I'll just keep saying it as I see it thanks.
  Come on lads, McSheffrey has got the team giving it's all, we need to get together and behind them now, whats done is done, the last two years have been terrible and has done a lot of damage with support factions split.
  Its time for a new start, we are not the easiest team on the eye, but who can criticize the effort and cussedness of our team in the first two games, time for us all to get together and look forward, we will have bad days but we need to get back on track as soon as possible after those days, the more we pull together the better.

Absolutely Selby, & I for one will back us 110% when I'm sat in the ground. On here though I'm voicing my concerns over the first 2 games performance wise. The team effort is there without doubt, the tactics however are questionable & it's frustrating to watch.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on August 07, 2022, 12:15:21 pm by Donnywolf »
I didn’t hear anyone complaining about how we had played coming out of the stadium it was great to see everyone smiling

Yes ... People grinning , smiling , laughing talking about "daylight robbery , highway robbery and Dick Turpin"

Reminded me of game v Brentford when they hammered us but still lost. Most of players strewn all over pitch thinking "how did THAT happen"

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on August 07, 2022, 12:49:07 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Another factor from yesterday was the heading ability of both centre halves. Whilst they may have won their fair share of headers, often they weren't clearing our lines due to heading more up than away, leading to further contested balls which we often lost.

Bothe Olowu and Williams need to be more decisive with clearing headers, particularly when not under great pressure. If they fail to do this bread and butter defending, then it won't be long before Anderson and Long force themselves into the team.

The main concern was the lack of any sustained dynamism from our midfield with Biggins and Rowe going absent leaving Clayton will fewer choices. The movement was very poor so we just ended up playing too much long stuff.

Now Biggins is supposed to be providing the 'legs' and energy in midfield so I hope it was an off day for him.

Looking at the highlights show and some of the other teams made up of big buggers, we have to be quicker and smarter from back to front as I think we can all agree, yesterday just won't cut it.

I thought Maxwell and Hurst looked quite bright yesterday so I still think we have a talented team that just needs a bit more belief which hopefully will come with more games.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on August 07, 2022, 01:03:43 pm by IDM »
Don’t forget it’s still only the second competitive fixture.  Pre-season is all well and good for practice, but you only get to see what we can do in “proper” matches.  We have several new players to bed in and for the team to gel, may take a few more weeks - especially if we integrate players returning from injury.

Until that can happen, performances might be patchy, but it’s results that matter..  get some wins in and we gain the confidence and belief that we haven’t had for the last 18 months.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #125 on August 07, 2022, 01:09:42 pm by roversdude »
We are only a goal away from the play offs and 2 points off automatic promotion places lol

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on August 07, 2022, 05:00:57 pm by Jimmydee »
And 4 points off a relegation spot. Sorry, I couldn’t resist it.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on August 07, 2022, 05:27:58 pm by glosterred »
And 4 points off a relegation spot. Sorry, I couldn’t resist it.

So closer to promotion than relegation then, neither could I

COYR

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on August 07, 2022, 06:51:01 pm by rover-n-out »
Exactly right DBR, I was screaming at my tele for Olowu and Williams to get some distance on their defensive headers, instead of straight up in the air, and back down into the danger area. Madness!!

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on August 07, 2022, 08:04:59 pm by danumdon »
When you analyse the game you have to give a certain amount of credit to Sutton, they looked a big, strong and pacy side, they stopped us for large spells from imposing our game plan and stopped our midfield (Rowe and Biggins in particular) from being able to influence the outcome.

That someone, be it the manager, coach or Clayton himself decided to try to impose his passing game from a deeper position enabled us to gain parity towards the end of the game, this proved paramount as we then hit them with the two late goals, a combination of grit, fitness and desire enabled to stay in the game long enough to reach that climax at the end.

Going forwards we need to look at the movement and distribution of the ball amongst the midfield, for large parts of the game the struggled to get on the ball to do anything constructive, we need legs in there and some some vision, something we lacked yesterday.

The forward line didn't help the situation as the aimless long balls played up to Andrews came straight back, we needed more movement, strength and determination  from this kind of forward to make it worth our while perusing this plan. Miller would of been better off playing the role himself with wide players joining him.We improved greatly after the changes were made(a little bit too late for me but they were eventually made) the extra pace and movement off the ball of Agard and Kulaya made in instant impact, shades of what we will hope to see from the returning Molineux along side a determined  and repentant Timlin.

Lots of poor reactions from many yesterday but it looks to me like a couple of rejuvenated players returning and a midfield doing what's required can make a big change for us, the grit and determination looks to be already there compared with last season, a few more games of getting to know each others pay will help massively.

That was a game we would of completely capitulated in last season, progress is there.

Glass more than half full.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on August 07, 2022, 08:28:41 pm by Lesonthewest »
No balance at all to your posts just moan and complain about everything and anything
Go on then I'll bite, total rubbish you are saying again, I suggest you read back through my posts. I will always support & praise us when I feel it's warranted but I will also say it as I see it, hope that's okay with you & a few other posters. Anyway I thought we were brilliant yesterday, there is that better.

I’ve looked back through your posts and out of around 60 since the end of the season there’s only 1 post with any sort of positivity.

Lol, since the end of the season? Why just then, you keep putting your own spin on things fella. I'll just keep saying it as I see it thanks.

I said your posts over the last 3 months and you said that was rubbish.
Hence why, since the end of the season.
I imagine during the season they were even worse.

There’s no spin,
Just a very good start to the season that should be acknowledged.
If we’d played excellent and got 0 points you’d be the first on here saying the performance means nothing if we don’t get anything from the game

But that's a complete & utter lie isn't it. So you 'imagined' wrong.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on August 07, 2022, 08:56:46 pm by selby »
  11 games without defeat and we have central defenders that are dicky headers of the ball, midfielders who are not good on the ball, and we lack width, and the front two don't hold the ball up, added to a manager whose tactics worry people.
  Just think how good we will be if we ever get it right.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on August 07, 2022, 09:19:18 pm by dickos1 »

There’s no spin,
If we’d played excellent and got 0 points you’d be the first on here saying the performance means nothing if we don’t get anything from the game

I’m not talking about anything other than the last 3 months though.
We’ve had plenty of positive things happen over the last 3 months and you’ve made 60 posts full of negativity.
We’ve taken 4 points from 2 very tough games and not an ounce of positivity have you posted.
We’ve not lost a game out of 11/12 in those 3 months yet you’re still moaning about anything you can think of

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on August 08, 2022, 03:32:05 am by Sammy Chung was King »
So far we are staying in games, last season terrible errors meant we were out of games early sometimes. If you can’t score just don’t concede, you will get an opportunity at some point in a game. As we did in the last game, keep believing in yourself and never give up. That mentality can take you a long way.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on August 08, 2022, 08:11:52 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Absolutely agree on that.  Miller, rowe and Clayton were good examples of that mentality change.  The two that were here last year were the two that didn't give up.  But Miller summed it up for me. He didn't have a great game as GM said post match.  Yet he got a goal and assist by continuing to keep going in the right areas.  That's massively important.  We had it under Saunders/Flynn aswell.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on August 08, 2022, 10:59:22 am by Alan Southstand »
As GM also said, Miller just sniffs out an opening. The lad just keeps having a go - mental toughness!

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on August 08, 2022, 06:37:36 pm by Lesonthewest »

There’s no spin,

I’m not talking about anything other than the last 3 months though.
We’ve had plenty of positive things happen over the last 3 months and you’ve made 60 posts full of negativity.
We’ve taken 4 points from 2 very tough games and not an ounce of positivity have you posted.
We’ve not lost a game out of 11/12 in those 3 months yet you’re still moaning about anything you can think of

Then you need to expand on those three months then, if I feel anything positive I will post it. Nothing to do with negativity, it's s saying it as I see it, but you keep posting your rubbish, won't wash with me.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on August 09, 2022, 05:34:57 am by dickos1 »
Not really
If every post you’ve made is negative for the last 3 months, when we’ve made some very good signings, not lost a game, and started the season with two excellent results then I think you need to have a word with yourself.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on August 09, 2022, 09:58:51 pm by Lesonthewest »
Not really, I have never said we haven't made any good signings but I can't comment on them after 2 games. More than happy with with the 4 points aswell. Keep spouting your rubbish though.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on August 10, 2022, 09:50:19 am by dickos1 »
Not really, I have never said we haven't made any good signings but I can't comment on them after 2 games. More than happy with with the 4 points aswell. Keep spouting your rubbish though.

Strange you can’t comment on them after two games but you can comment on anything negative you can think of after two games
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 10:33:23 am by dickos1 »

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #140 on August 10, 2022, 10:23:42 am by glosterred »
For those that did leave early last night, you didn't miss anything this time, other than idiots from the south stand making fools of themselves

COYR

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on August 10, 2022, 04:47:45 pm by Lesonthewest »

Strange you can’t comment on them after two games but you can comment on anything negative you can think of after two games

Here's me thinking you can make comments on whatever you want to, this is a forum is it not.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on August 10, 2022, 10:39:51 pm by roversdude »
I didn’t hear anyone complaining about how we had played coming out of the stadium it was great to see everyone smiling

Yes ... People grinning , smiling , laughing talking about "daylight robbery , highway robbery and Dick Turpin"

Reminded me of game v Brentford when they hammered us but still lost. Most of players strewn all over pitch thinking "how did THAT happen"

DW unfortunately someone has objected to the name Dick Turpin at the museum in York…..seriously

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #143 on August 13, 2022, 05:21:03 pm by Upton Rover »
Extra time excitement for 2 weeks running, another good comeback and could maybe should have won it

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #144 on August 13, 2022, 05:28:04 pm by ravenrover »
Don't walk out early on this team!
Shoulders back and smash it!

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on August 13, 2022, 06:26:29 pm by rich1471 »
Well we was robbed at £6 a pint ,but what a come back
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 07:05:30 pm by rich1471 »

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on August 13, 2022, 06:32:05 pm by Michael Shaw »
I'm getting to love all these late goals. Nice to know the team doesn't run out of steam until the final whistle.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on August 13, 2022, 06:39:03 pm by Upton Rover »
If we could score in 90mins we could be a decent team

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #148 on August 13, 2022, 06:54:33 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Looks like GMs made good on the fitness promise to be able to keep going into 90min on the attack is a good sign. Also in the heat too

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on August 13, 2022, 10:58:17 pm by adamtherover »
On our train back to the centre at 5.40pm, I overheard some lads saying they left when the 2nd goal went in? Wtf,  not even the excuse of missing the traffic, they left to basically go and stand outside, like petulant kids lol

TinyPortal © 2005-2012