Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:58:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: To all you leaver’s  (Read 10219 times)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Re: To all you leaver’s
« Reply #90 on August 06, 2022, 10:03:34 pm by Draytonian III »
Did we win ? The way teams achieve positive things isn’t always by winning by playing well, or in others words play shit and win .
So what do you want ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on August 06, 2022, 10:07:16 pm by ncRover »
Did we win ? The way teams achieve positive things isn’t always by winning by playing well, or in others words play shit and win .
So what do you want ?

We’re obviously all happy about today but we won’t get promoted (which is what I want) playing like that most weeks.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on August 06, 2022, 10:14:52 pm by Jonathan »
Talking about DM: he said ‘pelanty’ three times in his post match interview, but He never said ‘yes, no’ at all.
He’s improving.

That’s part and partial of his post match interviews

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on August 06, 2022, 10:16:10 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
The key to this result is how we follow it up. Keep winning and start playing like an actual team with a plan then it's a great example of a team playing poorly and winning, the stuff of top teams. Follow it up with more performances like this and it's a sign we have a coach who can't get anything more out of us.

There's a bit more negativity than there should be because it followed such a poor season so rightly we want to put that behind us for good.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on August 06, 2022, 10:29:38 pm by RoversAlias »
If you weren't at the game today, you'd think some total falseities from reading this thread.

We had quite a number of chances today, just not consistent enough at getting into the box.

We weren't leggy at all, I think some in midfield wanted more time on the ball, and couldn't always deal with the Sutton pressing.

Oh, and McSheffrey was not tactically outclassed. He could have changed it earlier but he put faith in Andrews and it just didn't work. When he made the changes we stretched the Sutton defence and exploited their tired legs and minds to great effect, to win the game. He earned that celebration I'd say.

Did you see goalmouth scramble in the first half that was perilously close to a 2nd goal? And the chance they missed from about 3 yards out in the first half?

I’m an optimistic person, but there’s being realistic. It could have been 3-0 Sutton at half time.

Aye I saw all that, we definitely were not solid at the back in the first half. We weren't 3-0 down though, crucially. We ground it out and won the game, as successful teams often do.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on August 06, 2022, 11:33:40 pm by Lesonthewest »
Can't believe what I'm reading on here, forgetting our 'chances' today, the many we created! we were absolutely dogs--t for 90 plus minutes. We can discuss all day long about what's a chance & what isn't., what is true we are still churning out the same old pathetic football we did last season with different players. Wonder who that's down to.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on August 06, 2022, 11:37:38 pm by Jonathan »
Can't believe what I'm reading on here, forgetting our 'chances' today, the many we created! we were absolutely dogs--t for 90 plus minutes. We can discuss all day long about what's a chance & what isn't., what is true we are still churning out the same old pathetic football we did last season with different players. Wonder who that's down to.

I think it’s down to you.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on August 06, 2022, 11:58:51 pm by dickos1 »

No surprises here with your massively overreactive negative reaction.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on August 07, 2022, 04:52:50 am by Sammy Chung was King »
We’ve got a durability in the side this season, you can see the confidence building. The performance’s aren’t there at the minute, they will come. Before the season started most were pessimistic about our chances, of getting points on the board, from this run of games. We have four points already.

There is no harm in-pointing out we need to improve, I think everybody can see that, we do need to play better. We have key players missing and young players filling in on the bench. I don’t think it’s too bad so far.

We were fortunate against Sutton, but how many times have we been unfortunate and lost games? I will take that so early in the season. Get some fringe players some minutes against Lincoln in the cup, hopefully win that, then move on to Wimbledon.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on August 07, 2022, 06:55:21 am by philsky »

To be honest I don't much care about how we won, should we have won, the style of the victory etc etc.

You play the final whistle and that's what we did.

Over the years I've seen plenty of games where we've not held on and it was refreshing to turn the tables.

Ground it out against Bradford and robbed a win today.

Fab start to the season.

On it Wimbledon.

#RTID

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on August 07, 2022, 06:58:16 am by Alan Southstand »
We have only Long and Tomlin as senior ‘fringe’ players, though, the rest are young lads!

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on August 07, 2022, 06:58:44 am by philsky »
No-one would begin to suggest we played well today. But what we definitely did do was to figure out a way of controlling the game in the second half.

That revolved around Clayton dropping deep, finding space and time and picking out probing passes.

It was a long way from perfect, but you could see us controlling the game more and more as the second half progressed. The goals finally came and because they came late, it looks like a very lucky escape. But the goals came because we kept on probing and eventually made the chances. As I've said elsewhere, if those two goals had come in the 68th and 70th minutes, we'd be congratulating the side on a professional response to a woeful first half.

An indication of how much we dictated the second half - Sutton had one shot. Not because they were trying to shut up shop and get 11 men behind the ball. Because we kept them out of possession for much of the half, and we got into them when they did have the ball.

I said in another post that there was something remorseless about us today. Not that we dominated or overwhelmed them. But we kept playing to a game plan and we increased the pressure on them. I said to the lads around me after 80 minutes that it felt like we were going to crack them. In the end we did.

It'll be interesting to see how the approach of Clayton threading balls through the midfield works if and when we have players like Taylor and Molyneux or Tomlin in the side to latch onto them. Today, there were several neat examples with Rowe and Hurst combining from Clayton's balls with crisp passes that almost opened them up but didn't quite. I can see that being a potent threat when we have a full set of attacking options to take advantage.

On a basic level, it was just refreshing to see us having a tactic. For the last 18 months, it felt like the nearest you'd get to tactics at Donny was to buy a box of those sugary little white mints.

This 100% /\
                 |

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on August 07, 2022, 07:01:01 am by ncRover »
The key to this result is how we follow it up. Keep winning and start playing like an actual team with a plan then it's a great example of a team playing poorly and winning, the stuff of top teams. Follow it up with more performances like this and it's a sign we have a coach who can't get anything more out of us.

There's a bit more negativity than there should be because it followed such a poor season so rightly we want to put that behind us for good.

Spot on

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on August 07, 2022, 07:59:25 am by The Beast »
We have only Long and Tomlin as senior ‘fringe’ players, though, the rest are young lads!
Anderson and Taylor if they ever get back properly and Luke Molyneux has definitely proved himself at this level, for me was the signing I was most excited to see.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on August 07, 2022, 09:12:53 am by Campsall rover »
Happy new season to you. Oh dear oh dear.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on August 07, 2022, 09:39:46 am by Lesonthewest »

I think it’s down to you.

Oh dear

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on August 07, 2022, 09:41:00 am by Lesonthewest »
Happy new season to you. Oh dear oh dear.

I see the positive police are out again.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on August 07, 2022, 09:54:36 am by dickos1 »
Every post you’ve made for the last 3 months has been negative.
No balance at all to your posts just moan and complain about everything and anything

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on August 07, 2022, 10:23:31 am by Upton Rover »
It was very clear to see that we were lacking fire power and we have been over the past few seasons, it’s also clear that we still need a player or 2 to bolster the squad, we don’t have a good enough squad to compete for promotion, just shows with a few injuries we are on our bones, I hope we can get 1 or 2 good loan players in before deadline day to really show that we can compete in this division even with a inexperienced manager

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on August 07, 2022, 10:27:39 am by selby »
  I have watched football for over seventy years and realise there are many ways to win a game of football and to lose it'
  We have gone unbeaten for eleven games, that is more than just luck, they include games against two Championship sides  and away games against two fancied sides in Bradford and Oxford in league games, and today a win against a side just a few days ago who were lauded as a probable contender after their performances in this division last season.
  Being pretty is not the only way to be successful in this game, as Athletico Madrid, Italy, Argentina  and many other foreign sides have proved to me over many years, them finding a way to win some causing absolute mayhem and being filthy dirty to achieve success.
  The last few years we have not only been outplayed at football, but have also been bullied, shoved around, and have never stood up to anything the opposition have thrown at us and have been like rabbits in the headlights, with in my mind players on the field that had thrown the towel in.
  We are not that same team now, we have shown we can mix it in the last two games and have got the rewards of four points, we have found a way, its what the game is all about, it goes back to when the game was invented.
  Find a way, the only thing that matters is getting that ball as many times or more in the onion bag at the other end of the pitch. We did it twice in four minutes yesterday while Sutton did it once in 96 minutes, there is nothing easier than coming off the pitch at the end of the game and saying to one of the opposition hard luck mate you played well today, while thinking we found a way to win its a great habit.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on August 07, 2022, 10:34:48 am by Bessie Red »
We are two games into the season and now playing against teams that are fighting hard to get points. We have to remember we are in lge 2 so games wont be pretty. The most important thing in my opinion was to make sure we didnt lose the first game as that would have given rise to a lot of doubt. Secondly it was massively important to follow up the Bratford result with a home win, which we did despite  ot playing well. Obviously we need to improve performances but these 2 results are massive for our season and should not be u der estimated.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on August 07, 2022, 10:40:55 am by Arsenal Of The North »
It was great to see we stayed in the game that allows us to have a chance of smash and grabs, by no means a pretty performance that was clear to everyone, but we do what we can with the cards we have in our hand

It’s not great how we played but it’s really good we didn’t let the game get away from us, hopefully we have 2/3 back by the end of the month and we kick on, I’d also expect 2/3 loans to come in close to the end of the window.

We expected a tough start to the season and credit to the team, they are digging in as hard as they can. 4 points on the board is promotion form isn’t it?

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on August 07, 2022, 10:48:30 am by Lesonthewest »
No balance at all to your posts just moan and complain about everything and anything
Go on then I'll bite, total rubbish you are saying again, I suggest you read back through my posts. I will always support & praise us when I feel it's warranted but I will also say it as I see it, hope that's okay with you & a few other posters. Anyway I thought we were brilliant yesterday, there is that better.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on August 07, 2022, 10:50:09 am by dickos1 »
Go on then I'll bite, total rubbish you are saying again, I suggest you read back through my posts. I will always support & praise us when I feel it's warranted but I will also say it as I see it, hope that's okay with you & a few other posters. Anyway I thought we were brilliant yesterday, there is that better.

I’ve looked back through your posts and out of around 60 since the end of the season there’s only 1 post with any sort of positivity.
All the rest is just negative drivel

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on August 07, 2022, 11:09:15 am by Lesonthewest »
We are two games into the season and now playing against teams that are fighting hard to get points. We have to remember we are in lge 2 so games wont be pretty. The most important thing in my opinion was to make sure we didnt lose the first game as that would have given rise to a lot of doubt. Secondly it was massively important to follow up the Bratford result with a home win, which we did despite  ot playing well. Obviously we need to improve performances but these 2 results are massive for our season and should not be u der estimated.

Fair comment, thing is the performances worry me, I really don't think McSheffrey knows how to set us up. His tactics are baffling. Take the 4 points  absolutely, but we have been a poor second best for 130 odd minutes out of the 180 odd we have played. We have decent players, I'm far from convinced we have the manager to take us forward, & yes I really hope I'm wrong.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on August 07, 2022, 11:12:05 am by selby »
  Come on lads, McSheffrey has got the team giving it's all, we need to get together and behind them now, whats done is done, the last two years have been terrible and has done a lot of damage with support factions split.
  Its time for a new start, we are not the easiest team on the eye, but who can criticize the effort and cussedness of our team in the first two games, time for us all to get together and look forward, we will have bad days but we need to get back on track as soon as possible after those days, the more we pull together the better.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on August 07, 2022, 11:14:17 am by Lesonthewest »

I’ve looked back through your posts and out of around 60 since the end of the season there’s only 1 post with any sort of positivity.

Lol, since the end of the season? Why just then, you keep putting your own spin on things fella. I'll just keep saying it as I see it thanks.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on August 07, 2022, 11:25:24 am by roversdude »
I didn’t hear anyone complaining about how we had played coming out of the stadium it was great to see everyone smiling

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on August 07, 2022, 11:32:09 am by sedwardsdrfc »
When i remember our last time in L2 the games were often quite poor. It's just the level we are at.

Also can't remember us dominating too many games really. It was often quite scrappy but we normally had a 10-15min spell where our class would show and we'd get a couple of goals then just battle the rest of the match out. Thats how i remember it at least. Don't think we were going round having 70% of the ball battering teams.

Maybe we just had our spell from the 80th min onwards yesterday and if we had done it on 50-65min we'd be less critical.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on August 07, 2022, 11:37:07 am by dickos1 »

Lol, since the end of the season? Why just then, you keep putting your own spin on things fella. I'll just keep saying it as I see it thanks.

I said your posts over the last 3 months and you said that was rubbish.
Hence why, since the end of the season.
I imagine during the season they were even worse.

There’s no spin,
Just a very good start to the season that should be acknowledged.
If we’d played excellent and got 0 points you’d be the first on here saying the performance means nothing if we don’t get anything from the game

TinyPortal © 2005-2012