Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:22:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: To all you leaver’s  (Read 10044 times)

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
To all you leaver’s
« on August 06, 2022, 04:58:27 pm by Upton Rover »
Always stay till the end, smash n grab all 3 points !!! great

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
Re: To all you leaver’s
« Reply #1 on August 06, 2022, 05:01:13 pm by ChrisBx »
Never understood why you'd voluntarily leave early when there's only a goal in it.

Daniel_Smith

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 06, 2022, 05:11:29 pm by Daniel_Smith »
I've never left a game early. We totally stole it at the end. Never known us have such a lucky start to league tbf. Should have lost against Bradford and Sutton really. Will take the 3 pts like

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 06, 2022, 05:12:28 pm by StocksArmy »
Papering over cracks. Stupidity to think otherwise.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 06, 2022, 05:18:11 pm by MachoMadness »
We were awful today. Never looked like getting a point. Unreal to pinch all 3!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 06, 2022, 05:19:03 pm by Chris Black come back »
Hopefully treading water until we get our creative and attacking players back fit.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 06, 2022, 05:21:11 pm by Filo »
How on earth did we win that!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 06, 2022, 05:24:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

We were shocking in the first half. Should have been 3-4 down.

But we improved as the second half went on. And Agard made a big difference. Lots of very intelligent runs into the channels.

Sutton were what I expected from this division. Very hard working. Very organised. Players well drilled. But by 60-65 mins, we were on top and starting to dominate. I've seen enough this last two weeks to think there is a bit of spine and a bit of remorselessness in our side. That could be enough to make us contenders.

Daniel_Smith

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 06, 2022, 05:25:01 pm by Daniel_Smith »
Hopefully treading water until we get our creative and attacking players back fit.

We were treading water all last season - that's what got us relegated! Luck will only see us through so far. Don't see us getting relegated. But we certainly ain't getting out of League 2 this season

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 06, 2022, 05:26:00 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Put it another way. If those two goals had come in the 68th and 70th minutes and we'd created nothing else, we'd be saying that we played well in the second half after a shocker in the first 45.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 06, 2022, 05:28:09 pm by StocksArmy »

But we improved as the second half went on. And Agard made a big difference. Lots of very intelligent runs into the channels.

Sutton were what I expected from this division. Very hard working. Very organised. Players well drilled. But by 60-65 mins, we were on top and starting to dominate. I've seen enough this last two weeks to think there is a bit of spine and a bit of remorselessness in our side. That could be enough to make us contenders.

I agree with some of that but.... to not create a single chance for 92 minutes makes me think otherwise. And that is totally down to the manager. There is talent in the group but we are clueless

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 06, 2022, 05:28:52 pm by Upton Rover »
That mad 2 minutes will give the team a lot of confidence going into the next game

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 06, 2022, 05:29:38 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

I agree with some of that but.... to not create a single chance for 92 minutes makes me think otherwise. And that is totally down to the manager. There is talent in the group but we are clueless

Rowe had a 20 yard shot well saved in the first half. He had a 1-on-1 shot saved in the first minute of the second half.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm by IDM »

BBC stats say 12 attempts and 4 on target.

Did they all come after 92 minutes.?

OK I wasn’t there and can accept we are not yet near our best, but if you are going to be negative at least get your f**king facts right..

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 06, 2022, 05:35:21 pm by Alan Southstand »
Absolutely pinched 3 points today. No idea first half and the decision making in defence was criminal. Olowu had a shocking first 45 mins but they came out 2nd half with a bit more pace and bite.

I thought Sutton controlled the game for the best part of 75 mins, but fair play to GM for 2 very positive subs - Agard and Kuleya - and it changed things around.

We need more quality of that there’s no doubt, but if we can keep the points ticking over, who knows!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 05:44:48 pm by Alan Southstand »

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 06, 2022, 05:37:00 pm by Prez »
It wasn’t pretty but wow that was some ending. Sutton looked decent, I think they will be up there at the end of season.

You have to give the lads credit for not giving up.

Would love to know how the guy who sat behind me in the south stand moaning all game feels after leaving a minute before the equaliser.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 05:40:46 pm by Prez »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 06, 2022, 05:38:01 pm by IDM »
What was the decision making in defence like last weekend Alan.?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 06, 2022, 05:38:15 pm by PDX_Rover »
The fact is: we won. Doesn’t matter when the goals came. We had a depleted side. They were well drilled, physical and actually I thought a decent side. You make your own luck in the game.

Two games. Zero defeats. 4 points. And we have fight and tenacity.

That’ll do me.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 06, 2022, 05:40:14 pm by Bezza »
Don't blame anybody for leaving early today, just glad I didn't,

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 06, 2022, 05:41:26 pm by Branton Rover »
To me, the match changed when Agard was introduced with Kuleya and we started to play it on the deck rather than just lumping it at Andrews.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 06, 2022, 05:43:24 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
We didn't play well really and Sutton put a good effort in. We will be much better than that in other weeks there's a good few positives.

However, that is what football is about and much needed for the club really. Nobody will remember the first 90 minutes but I doubt after the last few years and months any of us will forget the end.  Great to see the place going crazy.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 06, 2022, 05:45:38 pm by StocksArmy »

Rowe had a 20 yard shot well saved in the first half. He had a 1-on-1 shot saved in the first minute of the second half.
a 20 yard shot is not a chance

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 06, 2022, 05:45:58 pm by Chris Black come back »
We are going to have to forgive the performances in the first few weeks. There are a stack of players out injured or unavailable and that we have 4 points in spite of this and the backbone last week and today, gives us a good base. Until we have the injured lads back we are scratching around trying to put a coherent side together.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 05:53:53 pm by Chris Black come back »

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 06, 2022, 05:46:55 pm by Alan Southstand »
I didn’t go last week and I’m referring to today’s game - so what did you think, IDM?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 06, 2022, 05:49:18 pm by glosterred »
To all those that did leave early not only did you miss 2 goals you missed GMS legging it down the touch line celebrating Agaards goal as if he was Mourinho!

COYR

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 06, 2022, 05:52:27 pm by idler »
The lads will gain confidence from this. I had to laugh when young Bobby Faulkener knocked their player over. He doesn't look to have any fear in him.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 06, 2022, 05:54:02 pm by Jonathan »
What a day. Best moment in a home game for several years… and I find myself agreeing with every post from BST on this thread.

Credit has to be given where it’s due. We recovered from a shocking first half, made positive changes from the bench and showed the spirit ti grind out an excellent three points. Can Sutton feel hard done by? Of course. But for anyone to suggest we created nothing for 92 minutes is quite simply untrue.

We need to improve, I’m confident that we will improve, we need to get several important players back fit but 4 points is an excellent start. Proud of the team today.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 06, 2022, 05:55:19 pm by Jonathan »

a 20 yard shot is not a chance

What is a chance then? Does a one on one meet your threshold?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 06, 2022, 05:55:47 pm by since-1969 »
That mad 2 minutes will give the team a lot of confidence going into the next game
[/quote ] IF approach every game with such incompetent lack lustre and naivety ., we should win this league by a country mile . No way did Sutton feel at any time threatened or under pressure to change their tactics . With luck like our it’s going  to be a cake walk !!

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 06, 2022, 05:56:05 pm by vaya »
To all those that did leave early not only did you miss 2 goals you missed GMS legging it down the touch line celebrating Agaards goal as if he was Mourinho!

COYR

It was a considerably better run than several of our forwards managed last season.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012