Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:48:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: To all you leaver’s  (Read 10052 times)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Re: To all you leaver’s
« Reply #30 on August 06, 2022, 05:56:53 pm by glosterred »
To all those that did leave early not only did you miss 2 goals you missed GMS legging it down the touch line celebrating Agaards goal as if he was Mourinho!

COYR

It was a considerably better run than several of our forwards managed last season.

And quicker

COYR

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 06, 2022, 05:58:13 pm by graingrover »
Clayton's long passes into the box were the preliminaries to both goals.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on August 06, 2022, 05:58:27 pm by Lesonthewest »
Papering over cracks. Stupidity to think otherwise.

We were shocking in the first half. Should have been 3-4 down.

But we improved as the second half went on. And Agard made a big difference. Lots of very intelligent runs into the channels.

Sutton were what I expected from this division. Very hard working. Very organised. Players well drilled. But by 60-65 mins, we were on top and starting to dominate. I've seen enough this last two weeks to think there is a bit of spine and a bit of remorselessness in our side. That could be enough to make us contenders.

I agree with some of that but.... to not create a single chance for 92 minutes makes me think otherwise. And that is totally down to the manager. There is talent in the group but we are clueless

BBC stats say 12 attempts and 4 on target.

Did they all come after 92 minutes.?

OK I wasn’t there and can accept we are not yet near our best, but if you are going to be negative at least get your f**king facts right..

We created next to nothing all afternoon, it was absolutely dire & as bad as last season, there were warning signs in the first half at Bradford, & then today for 91 minutes. The players don't look as if they know what they have to do, I would love to see us in training. Aimless balls forward, shocking to watch. We play like we hope something will happen. Take the 3 points yes, but I have serious doubts after that awful, sometimes unacceptable play.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 06, 2022, 06:00:31 pm by Campsall rover »
Hopefully treading water until we get our creative and attacking players back fit.

We were treading water all last season - that's what got us relegated! Luck will only see us through so far. Don't see us getting relegated. But we certainly ain't getting out of League 2 this season
Based on 2 games. Ridiculous imo.

We will see won’t we.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on August 06, 2022, 06:02:05 pm by Donnywolf »

But we improved as the second half went on. And Agard made a big difference. Lots of very intelligent runs into the channels.

Sutton were what I expected from this division. Very hard working. Very organised. Players well drilled. But by 60-65 mins, we were on top and starting to dominate. I've seen enough this last two weeks to think there is a bit of spine and a bit of remorselessness in our side. That could be enough to make us contenders.

If the Rowe piledriver doesn't count what about his 2nd half chance (after 30 seconds or so )

Side foot it in 1 1 and maybe a different game

Got to say we were poor and it reminded me when Brentford came and steam rollered us but we robbed them as well and remember their players lying all over pitch at the end unable to believe they hadn't won

I agree with some of that but.... to not create a single chance for 92 minutes makes me think otherwise. And that is totally down to the manager. There is talent in the group but we are clueless

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 06, 2022, 06:03:10 pm by Upton Rover »
Hopefully treading water until we get our creative and attacking players back fit.

We were treading water all last season - that's what got us relegated! Luck will only see us through so far. Don't see us getting relegated. But we certainly ain't getting out of League 2 this season

We will see won’t we.
did you see our 2 goals???

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 06, 2022, 06:08:05 pm by IDM »
I didn’t go last week and I’m referring to today’s game - so what did you think, IDM?

I’m referring to the stats and the clean sheet playing with 10 men for 45 minutes - the deduction being our defence must have been organised and solid.  I can accept your views that we weren’t the same for much of todays game - but the Bradford performance shows we can defend effectively.  Do you agree?

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 06, 2022, 06:08:14 pm by colincramb »
Let’s be honest, that was a pretty shocking performance for the vast majority of the game. Somehow we got out of jail at the end which didn’t really look like coming in the previous 90mins. I can see why people left, it was dire up to that point.

In terms of positives, its 3 points and that’s ultimately all that matters. Clayton had a much better second half. Maxwell looked good. Mitchell made some good saves to keep us in it, when arguably we could have been 3 down at halftime.

Much improvement needed, but will reserve judgment until we have a full compliment of players back.

Worryingly we looked very, very shaky at the back, especially vulnerable from set pieces and crossers into our box. Much like last season. It’s a worry this hasn’t been addressed as we will face far more of this from other teams in this league.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 06, 2022, 06:10:13 pm by ditch_drfc »
Zero chance we'd have got those two goals last season. What a result. Some proper fight shown. Those 5 minutes are why we love football!

Ignore all the rubbish about not creating chances - we scored 2 goals and have the three points!

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on August 06, 2022, 06:14:03 pm by since-1969 »
Zero chance we'd have got those two goals last season. What a result. Some proper fight shown. Those 5 minutes are why we love football!

Ignore all the rubbish about not creating chances - we scored 2 goals and have the three points!
We are the team who Lour teams into thinking it’s in the bag .. and then we spring the trap .  !!!!

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 06, 2022, 06:16:32 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I’m with you ditch, as a club and group of players we needed to be able to defend when under the cosh, last week and to have the ability to come from behind and to continue to fight until the final whistle, today. Yes it wasn’t pretty but we have most of our creative players missing so I’m happy to keep picking up points this way until we get those players back.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on August 06, 2022, 06:19:00 pm by Lesonthewest »

BBC stats say 12 attempts and 4 on target.

Did they all come after 92 minutes.?

OK I wasn’t there and can accept we are not yet near our best, but if you are going to be negative at least get your f**king facts right..

We created next to nothing all afternoon, it was absolutely dire & as bad as last season, there were warning signs in the first half at Bradford, & then today for 91 minutes. The players don't look as if they know what they have to do, I would love to see us in training. Aimless balls forward, shocking to watch. We play like we hope something will happen. Take the 3 points yes, but I have serious doubts after that awful, sometimes unacceptable play.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 06, 2022, 06:19:49 pm by karldew »

Not only would we of not scored those 2 goals last season, we’d of conceded 4+ as well.

I’m still not convinced we’re any good, but 4 points when IMO should have 0 is a positive to build on.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 06, 2022, 06:20:41 pm by Campsall rover »

We will see won’t we.
did you see our 2 goals???
Yes of course I did.
What’s the point your making?

Daniel Smith said we aren’t getting promoted this season. I said based on 2 games that’s ridiculous.

If we can pick up 4 points from 2 games not playing at our best and below full strength I would suggest that augers well for the season. We kept going right to the end last week and dug out a point. We did the same this week and kept attacking right to the end and got 3 points as the reward.

Last season that would have been Zero points.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on August 06, 2022, 06:22:17 pm by IDM »

Rowe had a 20 yard shot well saved in the first half. He had a 1-on-1 shot saved in the first minute of the second half.
a 20 yard shot is not a chance

In all my years using this forum that last statement has to be one of the most baseless, crass, inane and least thought out posts I’ve ever read..

What a load of b*llocks.!

A 20 yard shot is not a chance.?  And you have “Stock” in your user name.??

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 06, 2022, 06:28:07 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Was hoping we’d play with a plan and some control to get over last season and the worries I had over GM’s management. Unfortunately this game hasn’t done anything to dispel that.

Play well midweek (forget results) and next Saturday and this will be a great last ditch win. Play poorly and this will be papering over cracks for sure.

Andrews wasn’t very good and I expected better from Clayton who only grew into the game when they gave him 50 yards. Before that he was well off it

adsrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on August 06, 2022, 06:28:32 pm by adsrover »
Always better to beat a team that doesn't want to play football

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on August 06, 2022, 06:35:51 pm by dickos1 »

Rowe clean through one on one?
That not a chance

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 06, 2022, 06:37:58 pm by jmt23 »
Some rubbish spouted on this thead - we were poor, that cannot be disputed, but we did create chances, Rowe could of had a hatrick, should have scored twice, once in the second when he blazed it over the bar, the second in the second half opening minutes.
We created chances in the second, but the forwards were not quick enough.

And that last point is key - not quick enough, they all looked leggy, a second behind. I lost count how many times they should have released a pass, only to dwindle and have it pinched - Rowe & Clayton were the bigger culprits. Movement was also poor from all.
They targeted maxwell, and put high balls to him all first half and won most of them.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on August 06, 2022, 06:38:14 pm by dickos1 »
All the same folk on here moaning would be the same ones moaning if we’d played them off the park and lost.
It’s a great win and a very good start to the season

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 06, 2022, 06:42:19 pm by belton rover »
Putting the performance and the result to one side, I can’t remember the last time I left the stadium buzzing like I did today.
More of that feeling, please.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on August 06, 2022, 06:46:34 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Putting the performance and the result to one side, I can’t remember the last time I left the stadium buzzing like I did today.
More of that feeling, please.

This is true. I know we were very poor but left the stadium buzzing for the next game

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on August 06, 2022, 06:48:54 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Not sure about it being a shocking performance but definitely a shock to the system.

Credit to Sutton who didn't care how many fouls they gave away, they were on us like a rash and we didn't respond with the brains to counter it.

Clayton was on his own in midfield with Biggins mainly a passenger. Rowe wasn't as involved as we would like so we were over exposed  in midfield. Our full backs couldn't get out so we relied too much in the long balls.

Ironically, towards the death, Ro Shaun Williams moved into midfield and managed to provide some link from back to front. With Agard and Kuleya added into the mix we got behind them more often by being a bit braver on the ball.

At the end of the day, we probably learnt alot more today AND managed to get 3 points. Great way to win a game that.

Far too early to be hammering any of the players or the manager.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 06, 2022, 06:49:16 pm by Campsall rover »
All the same folk on here moaning would be the same ones moaning if we’d played them off the park and lost.
It’s a great win and a very good start to the season
There will never ever be pleasing some people. As you say if we had played them off the park and lost what would the reaction have been.

On another day Tommy Rowe could have had a hat trick as someone said. If we created no chances in the 1st half then I was watching a different game.
Yes we were second best 1st half agreed but we did create some chances.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on August 06, 2022, 06:51:32 pm by Campsall rover »
Not sure about it being a shocking performance but definitely a shock to the system.

Credit to Sutton who didn't care how many fouls they gave away, they were on us like a rash and we didn't respond with the brains to counter it.

Clayton was on his own in midfield with Biggins mainly a passenger. Rowe wasn't as involved as we would like so we were over exposed  in midfield. Our full backs couldn't get out so we relied too much in the long balls.

Ironically, towards the death, Ro Shaun Williams moved into midfield and managed to provide some link from back to front. With Agard and Kuleya added into the mix we got behind them more often by being a bit braver on the ball.

At the end of the day, we probably learnt alot more today AND managed to get 3 points. Great way to win a game that.

Far too early to be hammering any of the players or the manager.
Couldn’t have put it better DBR.  Agreed Biggins was not at his best.

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on August 06, 2022, 06:54:11 pm by Avsuptem »
I thought we were on top at the start and looked the better side until it all went wrong and they scored. After that it looked like last season all over again. But, that is 2 games on the trot where the.word epic springs to mind. Last season's tide has turned  imho

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on August 06, 2022, 07:01:30 pm by BigH »
And when was the last time we came from behind to win a match? 2020?

Clayton and Rowe aside, this is largely a very young team finding its way. They'll need time to gel. Hopefully, the result today will give them a real confidence boost and make them realise that they can compete at this level.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on August 06, 2022, 07:02:33 pm by selby »
  I think we can all agree it wasn't a good watch and hopefully it will get better, but for those who think we have not got a clue, we have just taken four points from the first two games of the first seven games all on here agreed were the hardest set of fixtures we could have to start the season, one person predicting we would do well to get four points from all seven games.
  Well someone on the management knows what they are doing, that's eleven  yes 11 games without defeat on the trot. So who is the font of all knowledge then? and what's more we  look to have lady luck on our side, a team who don't know when they are beaten, a team who find a way to get a result and the winning manager in the managers sprint down the line, What's not to like?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on August 06, 2022, 07:08:09 pm by drfchound »
We were the best team for fifteen minutes and looked like we might go in front.
After the opening goal though, Sutton grew in confidence and without a couple of good saves from Mitchell and some very good defensive blocks the game could have been over by half time.
The goal came from Suttons first attack.
I thought we were much improved in the second half and always felt that we would score and that we deserved a point.
After we equalised I said to the lads, “can we get another Crewe moment” and sure enough, we did just that.
I loved the way Faulkner clattered their player leading to a goal, he really meant that challenge.
Good finish by Miller for the equaliser and good that he was involved in setting up the winner.
The feel good factor over the last few minutes and on the way back to the car was something I haven’t felt for over a year at a Rovers game.
Yes, we robbed Sutton overall but we did deserve at least a point today.
Great that the goals came in some of the time added on for Suttons time wasting.
I was impressed by Maxwell and Hurst, having seen them today for the first time.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on August 06, 2022, 07:09:28 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Sutton had probably the second half of the first half where they were massively on top. Although we were poor I'd say we were the team on top without doing much.

Maxwell already looks like he will be our best signing IMO. Largely excellent on the ball and good without it.

Andrews and Biggins were really poor today I thought.

Thought Kuleya and Agard did well when they came on.

Andrews I thought was poor but I actually think he will contribute this season almost as a nuisance factor. Looked a bit soft today for a big lad.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012