Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 11:37:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Lincoln City game  (Read 3230 times)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Lincoln City game
« Reply #30 on August 09, 2022, 05:58:18 pm by Metalmicky »

I did some research a few years ago. I believe the Lincoln fixture is the most played in our clubs history. Ie they are the team we have played against more than any other over the years.

I'm glad you added the Ie - would have been clueless otherwise....  :thumbsup:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 09, 2022, 06:43:22 pm by normal rules »

I did some research a few years ago. I believe the Lincoln fixture is the most played in our clubs history. Ie they are the team we have played against more than any other over the years.

You know when you write something and it doesn’t sound right? Perhaps it’s an age thing. The struggle is real.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 09, 2022, 06:55:35 pm by Metalmicky »

You know when you write something and it doesn’t sound right? Perhaps it’s an age thing. The struggle is real.

:lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 09, 2022, 07:44:26 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Surprising that he picks two left sided central defender’s in the side.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 09, 2022, 07:46:03 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
  A nice evening in prospect with warm weather, and playing a side that are attractive, one of our oldest adversaries, and not that far to travel to us and cheap admission.
   I hope it attracts a decent crowd.

You'd think that would be Oldham! certainly over the last 10 years

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 10, 2022, 06:15:44 pm by Chris Black come back »
Have just seen a clip of their second goal. That must be the most pathetic and spineless collective team effort to prevent a goal. Everything about it was an absolute disgrace. 

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 10, 2022, 06:48:51 pm by scawsby steve »
CBCB, apart from Bradford, when the whole team's mentality was changed by the red card, and everyone had to dig deep, our defence has looked pretty much the same as last season.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on August 10, 2022, 07:14:50 pm by Spud »
Have just seen a clip of their second goal. That must be the most pathetic and spineless collective team effort to prevent a goal. Everything about it was an absolute disgrace. 

The first wasn't much better, we basically watched them play keepball for 11 minutes.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 10, 2022, 07:53:04 pm by danumdon »

The first wasn't much better, we basically watched them play keepball for 11 minutes.

When you look back at the goals its a good example of rank poor defending on our part particularly the first two goals.

First goal, we are back off whilst they monopolise possession, Ravenhill spots the runner wide left and signals to Knoyle to go with him, he instead jumps in and gets bypassed as the attacker has the drop on him, this then causes Owolu to go wide right to cover the attacker, who gets wide and crosses that ball low into the middle where unfortunately Long is slow to react and the striker gets in front of him and slots the ball home. Case of poor defending by Knowle getting draw out of position and Long being slow to cover.

Second goal, where do you start, we are pushing forward and Clayton and Timlin between them manage to dispossess the defender, ball breaks to Andrews who in attempting to dribble past the defender looses the ball, this in itself has Clayton out of position and caught up field, No10 (Bishop) takes the ball off the defender and just runs straight into the gap in our centre midfield, Biggins who is the next line of defence in the middle just gets left for dead and the striker runs into a gap that Long who's backing off but has no one wide of him to back off for and should have come to meet the attacker doesn't, result, the attacker runs straight through the middle, leaving Olowu too much to do as he was marking the other attacker with the result he has all the time in the world to slot it into the corner, Why did Long keep backing off and not front up giving Olowu time to reposition ?

Third goal, most unfortunate as Williams had a good shout for a foul as the guy pushed him off the ball, this leave the attacker in a two on one with poor old Long, he has no chance in the instance and the shot which is saved rebounds to the other attacker who slots it home.

In essence two poor attempts at defending knocked the stuffing out of the team with the timings of both goals, early on and just after the break. The third on any other day would of been blown as a foul.

Small margins but these are the things we suffered for all last season, lets hope they are working on shape retention and some team familiarisation should help in that.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012