Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:54:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Stockport forum  (Read 5897 times)

donny dave

• Forum Member
Stockport forum
« on August 16, 2022, 10:41:50 pm by donny dave »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Stockport forum
« Reply #1 on August 16, 2022, 10:52:32 pm by Donnywolf »
Hope they come looking here and see Rate the Ref. They need to be brilliant to get 3 and I gave tonight's bloke 4

Glad we won ... Bet their keeper kicked himself for not wasting the extra 5 minutes. I mean come on ... Ball boy threw ball to him and after a string of miraculous saves (and he probably get 1500 quid a week ) he actually missed the ball

I p***ed myself when he cocked up and he and them lost

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 16, 2022, 11:09:45 pm by Filo »
Hope they come looking here and see Rate the Ref. They need to be brilliant to get 3 and I gave tonight's bloke 4

Glad we won ... Bet their keeper kicked himself for not wasting the extra 5 minutes. I mean come on ... Ball boy threw ball to him and after a string of miraculous saves (and he probably get 1500 quid a week ) he actually missed the ball

Brilliant saves?
One twenty yarder smacked him in the face, I don’t think he even saw it coming, another one hit im somewhere and went over the bar, he knew nothing about that one either

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 16, 2022, 11:11:57 pm by mushRTID »
He made a good save down low to his left from Tommy Rowe.

ridgewoodrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 16, 2022, 11:22:29 pm by ridgewoodrover »
Just had a quick look on there forum, they’ve put some absolute pearls of nonsense on.
But got to say they made some noise.
Pity they had one eye shut though , only one or two gave us any credit  :scarf:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 16, 2022, 11:25:09 pm by Donnywolf »
... and the certain own goal (point blank header) that he got over the bar as well

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 16, 2022, 11:28:57 pm by drfchound »
He is a decent keeper and to be fair, I expected him to be wasting time after they levelled the score.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 16, 2022, 11:31:17 pm by Alan Southstand »
Made an otherwise bland night into a special atmosphere. We’ll done to all their support.
Shame about the result! ;)

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 16, 2022, 11:35:39 pm by eastender »

Brilliant saves?
One twenty yarder smacked him in the face, I don’t think he even saw it coming, another one hit im somewhere and went over the bar, he knew nothing about that one either

He headed it over the bar , without actually knowing he'd done it.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 16, 2022, 11:37:29 pm by drfchound »
The Stockport fans were great for their team tonight and helped make the atmosphere in the stadium really good.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 16, 2022, 11:43:58 pm by PDX_Rover »
Made an otherwise bland night into a special atmosphere. We’ll done to all their support.
Shame about the result! ;)

Bland night?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 17, 2022, 12:08:31 am by Alan Southstand »
Yes, bland from the point of view of only 1 set of supporters trying to make an atmosphere. Stockport fans added to the whole experience - well done to them.

Credit where it’s due, PDX.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 17, 2022, 12:51:12 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I have just added it to the links.
https://theyellowboard.boards.net/board/1/main-board

Some very intelligent posting on that site. Ta for the link. It's nice to see that even plastic Manc opponents have standards.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 17, 2022, 01:41:52 am by scawsby steve »
Yes, bland from the point of view of only 1 set of supporters trying to make an atmosphere. Stockport fans added to the whole experience - well done to them.

Credit where it’s due, PDX.

I don't know where you were sat, Alan. The South Stand was rocking where I was.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 17, 2022, 04:37:30 am by scawsby steve »
What a set of mardy b*st*rds. I detest sore losers. They've criticised everything from the stadium, to the home fans, and to our players, who they describe as a "sh*thouse" team.

Even before the game, one of their fans was mouthing at me through a car window because I was trying to cross the road.

Horrible fans. I hope they go back down.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 17, 2022, 06:39:14 am by philsky »
What a set of mardy b*st*rds. I detest sore losers. They've criticised everything from the stadium, to the home fans, and to our players, who they describe as a "sh*thouse" team.

Even before the game, one of their fans was mouthing at me through a car window because I was trying to cross the road.

Horrible fans. I hope they go back down.

It's about time we showed some sh£thousery and with Clayton, Tomlin and Rowe we have that gnarled experience that's vital if we're to give ourselves a shout of getting into league 1.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 17, 2022, 07:35:10 am by colincramb »
Just browsed their forum and it’s not a good look from some of them. They appear to have massively overinflated opinion of themselves and show utter disrespect to a club that’s spent the last decade + multiple divisions higher than them.

Glad they had a poor start, they need bringing down a peg or two. Looks like they’ve bought into the their own hype and to be fair, they are lucky it was only 2-1. They could and probably should have received a proper hiding last night.

Bollinger

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 17, 2022, 08:39:13 am by Bollinger »
Was rooting for them to get back up last season. I unashamedly like to see these ‘old’ clubs bounce back. But having had the ‘pleasure’ of the company of some of their supporters pre kick off I’m regretting that. I felt a sense of relief and gratitude when we got back I the league but this lot - Very similar to Lincoln City when they were back under the Cowleys - clearly think they’re on a God given fast-track to football dominance.

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 17, 2022, 08:49:33 am by Fal »
I think a lot of their fans have believed the hype too much, they need to pipe down and remember where they have been for the past decade!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 17, 2022, 09:39:36 am by Filo »
A few nut jobs on there, a couple even suggesting the winner wasn’t over the line, how they can see that from the other end of the pitch is anyones guess, it was well over, no question

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 17, 2022, 12:58:02 pm by idler »
If the defenders didn't think it was over they would have surrounded the ref and kept on moaning. They wouldn't have just said right we'll carry on without any fuss.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 17, 2022, 02:36:29 pm by Bessie Red »
A few nut jobs on there, a couple even suggesting the winner wasn’t over the line, how they can see that from the other end of the pitch is anyones guess, it was well over, no question
Tbf I didnt think that it had gone over the line (I sit in the last open section of seating in the West, next to away fans) and just thought that the lino had gone with the crowds cheer, not that I cared or anything.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 17, 2022, 02:48:18 pm by drfchound »
Bessie, it was clearly well over the line mate.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 17, 2022, 02:48:36 pm by Bessie Red »
Always makes me chuckle when I have a look at the away teams forum after weve beaten them. Nearly always exactly the same comments, such as, poor atmosphere from home fans, Donny players throwing themselves on the floor, ref favouring home team, Donny are poor. Its always someone elses fault that they have lost and they hardly ever criticise their own players or management team or give credit to us for beating them. I suppose our forum is the same when we lose away (last season not incl) just makes me laugh.
With regards atmosphere, the majority of the time away fans make more noise than home fans and the same will likely be the case when we go to Edgeley Park.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 17, 2022, 02:50:14 pm by Bessie Red »
Bessie, it was clearly well over the line mate.
Not denying that now Ive seen the replays but from where I sit and understandably from where the away fans were it didnt look over the line in real time.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 17, 2022, 04:14:04 pm by ncRover »
One fan on there claiming Tommy Rowe is to blame.

Typical whingey mancs

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 17, 2022, 05:22:29 pm by scawsby steve »
One fan on there claiming Tommy Rowe is to blame.

Typical whingey mancs

It's more than one, nc, loads of them are saying it. I think it hurts them because he's an ex-player of theirs.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 17, 2022, 06:57:23 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
There's a lot of well argued, intelligent comments on there if you ignore the others.

I know...I know...

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 17, 2022, 07:03:28 pm by normal rules »

We were in line with the goal line in the west stand. It was about 2 ft over the line.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 17, 2022, 07:32:58 pm by drfchound »
I wonder whether any Stockport fans are demanding that their sent off player should be sacked because of his idiotic behaviour.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012