Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 11:09:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Newcastle u21s game  (Read 6135 times)

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Newcastle u21s game
« Reply #30 on August 29, 2022, 12:50:27 pm by EasyforDennis »
Well I will be going Panda, it's a first team game and the team need supporting in the competition, its as simple as that to me and an interesting game to watch in this instance with regard to what team we put out.
  I am hoping for a bigger turn out for this game than usual in this competition.

That's fair do's Selby. I guess it's all about what we fans get out of it individually and our point of view. I understand your point of view about it totally. To some folk it isn't a dead loss. 

Me too but (for me) it's a chance to see first team game and after last Season I DO want to see as many as possible

It was hard going last Season even at home but this Season it's promising already

The group looks like it will gel and learn and produce more and though I went to AFCW 2 weeks ago I had decided to miss Cobblers and for first time in ages I was left with the Lucky Pint , SSNews and BBC Text and it was nowhere near what I wanted

So I wouldn't miss this one . Bring it on *

* And any VPN tips you might have lol

Cyberghost John.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 29, 2022, 12:59:34 pm by Filo »
We beat Man City u 21’s last season

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 29, 2022, 02:30:35 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
The last time we played Newcastle U21 in this trophy was in 2018 with a stronger side and we were beat 3.  1. So playing a lot of young players may be good for their development but wanting a cup run is not guaranteed.

just to remind everyone this is a 7pm kick off -
- the last time we had them here i am sure we could tune into radio newcastle or whatever it's called and we got 45 minutes of commentary on the internet

Lincoln take this competition (in fact all competitions) seriously and have made good money lest we forget and when we play them their commentary team will also be at the match as always

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 29, 2022, 04:51:11 pm by LincolnDonny »
My wife Pammy is now out of hospital.

But she is far from well and has more tests to do and various hospitals in Lincolnshire.

On top of her bad stroke and disablities from 14 years ago we now have to contend with Parkinson's Disease, also her lack of eating is not helping her strength.

We both miss going to see "the Lads" playing.

God knows when we will be back,  we both hope sooner the better.

Our hearts are with you all.

COME ON YOU ROVERS!

BTW if any know Sharon (the blonde lady who usually sees to checking tickets in the main entrance (the players entrance)
Please let her know as she knows Pammy's situation and both of us has chatted to her as a friend for many years (as many of you also we have done).

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on August 29, 2022, 05:03:05 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Hi Lincoln Donny.
I’m glad to hear Mrs LD is now out of hospital & appreciate it may be a slow process. If there is ANYTHING we can do at all PLEASE just ask. Us exiles have to stick together

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 29, 2022, 06:45:04 pm by drfchound »
Well I will be going Panda, it's a first team game and the team need supporting in the competition, its as simple as that to me and an interesting game to watch in this instance with regard to what team we put out.
  I am hoping for a bigger turn out for this game than usual in this competition.

That's fair do's Selby. I guess it's all about what we fans get out of it individually and our point of view. I understand your point of view about it totally. To some folk it isn't a dead loss. 

Radio Sheffield had live commentary mate.

Me too but (for me) it's a chance to see first team game and after last Season I DO want to see as many as possible

It was hard going last Season even at home but this Season it's promising already

The group looks like it will gel and learn and produce more and though I went to AFCW 2 weeks ago I had decided to miss Cobblers and for first time in ages I was left with the Lucky Pint , SSNews and BBC Text and it was nowhere near what I wanted

So I wouldn't miss this one . Bring it on *

* And any VPN tips you might have lol

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 30, 2022, 08:11:11 am by Chris Black come back »
It is a joke competition but in the absence of our participation in a reserve league, it is competitive football that we can use to bring back injured lads and give younger lads a taste of proper senior football. Beyond that, it’s not really much use.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 30, 2022, 01:57:59 pm by steve@dcfd »
It is a joke competition but in the absence of our participation in a reserve league, it is competitive football that we can use to bring back injured lads and give younger lads a taste of proper senior football. Beyond that, it’s not really much use.
But we are in it and it will cost to play the game and stand it won’t hurt Premiership sides will it.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 30, 2022, 02:28:15 pm by Chris the Rover »
I will be there tonight as, irrespective of the type of game it is, I want to support my team. I’m not keen on this competition but it’s another Rovers match for me to watch. I’m hoping it’s another entertaining game.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 30, 2022, 03:40:45 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
From what McSheffrey said in the interview on YouTube he will be sticking to the rules so I expect 4 out of Saturdays 11 to start with the rest being fringe players with a couple of youngsters on the bench. According to McSheffrey, Taylor will play 45 mins max so he will probs be on the bench. Although it’s a good opportunity for fringe players I’d have thought we will take it seriously to keep momentum going and have a good cup run with a good chance of getting to wembley. Also, the ppl who choose not to go to these games because of the u21 teams would be going if we got to the latter stages and would defo go if we got to wembley.

Predicted team:

Jones

Seaman Faulkner Long Maxwell

Biggins Clayton Ravenhill

Molyneux Agard Kuleya

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 30, 2022, 04:15:55 pm by ravenrover »
Only 1 I'd disagree on is Clayton

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on August 30, 2022, 04:26:33 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Why would you risk Clayton?

He’ll benefit far more on Saturday with a full weeks training & not having to play 90+ minutes in a competition ruined by the introduction of Premiership reserve teams.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 30, 2022, 04:41:33 pm by rich1471 »
Why would you risk Clayton?

He’ll benefit far more on Saturday with a full weeks training & not having to play 90+ minutes in a competition ruined by the introduction of Premiership reserve teams.
I would not risk Aguard,would start Goodman and see if he can take his chance

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on August 30, 2022, 04:47:04 pm by selby »
  A large part of the grant from the premiership sides to the EFL lower division sides  depend on this competition with u21s teams in it.
  It is about the money filtered down, the crumbs they give all have attachments added to them.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on August 30, 2022, 06:15:16 pm by IDM »
Starting XI: Louis Jones, Charlie Seaman, Bobby Faulkner, Adam Long, James Maxwell, Jon Taylor, Liam Ravenhill, Jack Degruchy, Tavonga Kuleya, Kieran Agard (captain), Jack Goodman
Bench: Jonathan Mitchell, Luke Molyneux, Kyle Hurst, Jack Whiting, Charlie Petch, Jack Raper, Alex Fletcher

(Copied from DFP webpage)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on August 30, 2022, 06:22:02 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Good luck to the young guns!

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on August 30, 2022, 06:22:11 pm by Silkscarf »
Can you make subs at any point or do the 4 from last game have to do x minutes?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 30, 2022, 06:32:08 pm by Chris Black come back »
Taylor starting his first game since 23 November 2021. Hoping he gets through this unscathed. Will be a good squad addition if he is back fit.

Close was according to McSheffrey last month looking to get some minutes in this game, so him not troubling bench does push him out further.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on August 30, 2022, 06:36:26 pm by Scooter »
I disagree with the under 21s joining this competition however at a tenner a ticket and a quid a kid it’s worth going for live football and to watch our young players coming through. There is a chance of a new away ground to tick off if we make it through the group and the final would be brilliant just like the JPT final

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on August 30, 2022, 07:00:18 pm by eastender »
I wonder if they will leave Santiago Munoz behind , like they did with Rodrigo Vilca .

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 30, 2022, 07:06:05 pm by Panda »
Pleased to see the likes of Taylor and Seaman getting a run out. Will help them massively. Also Kuleya too. Sensible side picked by GM this evening so fair play to him for that. Result is not important in this for me, getting minutes into legs, getting experience for some of the young us and coming through without injury is imperative.

Interesting to see the crowd number tonight and if Newcastle will fetch a few. I know it's only U21's but they do get well behind all things Newcastle don't they?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on August 30, 2022, 08:29:45 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
77 from Newcastle apparently.

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 30, 2022, 09:07:44 pm by mugnapper »
I love a defensive Nil.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 30, 2022, 09:08:14 pm by Chris Black come back »
77 from Newcastle apparently.

More like Tiny Army than Toon Army. Joke competition but that’s a bit shit.

bigal

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on August 30, 2022, 09:13:33 pm by bigal »
Was that the first

game in this cup?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on August 30, 2022, 09:17:52 pm by Chris Black come back »
Yes it

was

bigal

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on August 30, 2022, 09:30:03 pm by bigal »
Thanks

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on August 30, 2022, 09:39:46 pm by Panda »
1,685 crowd for tonight with 77 Geordies.

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on August 30, 2022, 09:52:38 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
Not an overly enjoyable watch but a clean sheet, didn’t lose, plenty of minutes into fringe, injured and youth players, take the positives and move on.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on August 30, 2022, 09:59:57 pm by Alan Southstand »
Can I just add - Adam Long looks the part. Whilst everyone is talking about Faulkner, Adam is just getting on with it. We’ll played.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012