Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:51:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Hartlepool United game  (Read 3964 times)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Let's talk about the Hartlepool United game
« Reply #30 on September 08, 2022, 11:54:11 am by DearneValleyRover »
I would personally like to see Maxwell and Long brought in to give us more balance at the back and allow Rowe to move further forward where he can affect the game more. This isn’t a poor reflection on Faulkner. I’d put Rowe on the left, Hirst on the right and Molyneux on the bench. We would be far more balanced in my opinion

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on September 08, 2022, 02:42:45 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
I would personally like to see Maxwell and Long brought in to give us more balance at the back and allow Rowe to move further forward where he can affect the game more. This isn’t a poor reflection on Faulkner. I’d put Rowe on the left, Hirst on the right and Molyneux on the bench. We would be far more balanced in my opinion
I agree with this, Faulkner not necessarily done anything wrong but I would probs bring in Long as he would add more balance and he looks a lot fitter than he did when he first joined, I wouldn’t be too bothered tho if Faulkner was to keep his place.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on September 08, 2022, 03:03:25 pm by selby »
  Who would you leave out for Maxwell DVR?  personally, I see Faulkner as faster, stronger, and better in the air especially in both penalty areas both attacking and defensively than Long, and would at least leave the Williams Faulkner partnership together until Olowu was available again, or repeated
  Then like Long Olowu would have to prove his worth better than those with the shirt to me in training, or if they played because of injury.
  Williams and Faulkner have played well while together and were firefighting with an overrun midfield in front of them last week, and are both quick, and big units and have played well in most games, and no worse last week than anyone else, in an average team performance.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on September 08, 2022, 03:43:36 pm by DearneValleyRover »
  Who would you leave out for Maxwell DVR?  personally, I see Faulkner as faster, stronger, and better in the air especially in both penalty areas both attacking and defensively than Long, and would at least leave the Williams Faulkner partnership together until Olowu was available again, or repeated
  Then like Long Olowu would have to prove his worth better than those with the shirt to me in training, or if they played because of injury.
  Williams and Faulkner have played well while together and were firefighting with an overrun midfield in front of them last week, and are both quick, and big units and have played well in most games, and no worse last week than anyone else, in an average team performance.

Already stated selby, Molyneux.
Mitchell
Knoyle Williams Long Maxwell
Clayton Biggins
Hirst Tomlin Rowe
Miller

Faulkner has done nothing wrong but we are unbalanced on the left side although I would have no problem with him starting but only if Maxwell and Rowe are on the left too

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on September 08, 2022, 04:05:20 pm by selby »
  DVR, Faulkner has played more games on the left in men's football than he has on the right and played left back as a junior, because he can kick with both feet.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on September 08, 2022, 04:50:09 pm by selby »
  One thing people are not taking into consideration with this game and every other game in the country is the health of the queen.
  From what I can remember her passing will begin a number of days mourning in the country with all sports events cancelled and entertainment schedules altered.
  The next few games may not take place on the dates allotted at the moment.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on September 08, 2022, 05:13:53 pm by Retdon1 »
Could the game be called off if the Queen passes away before Saturday

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on September 08, 2022, 05:23:26 pm by selby »
  I think it would be.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on September 08, 2022, 05:29:40 pm by DearneValleyRover »
  DVR, Faulkner has played more games on the left in men's football than he has on the right and played left back as a junior, because he can kick with both feet.

I’m sort selby I know you have some attachment to the lad and I don’t doubt what you are saying but he was definitely totally right footed last Saturday. It’s my opinion I understand you don’t agree but you’re coming across as his grandad

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on September 08, 2022, 06:12:40 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Trust me, Selby knows what he’s talking about in this case.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on September 08, 2022, 06:24:36 pm by steve@dcfd »
The manager will make the decision who plays if the game goes ahead on Saturday. So let’s see who he picks knowing we have 2 players who have knocks. We all have our views but the manager picks the team.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on September 08, 2022, 06:49:38 pm by roversdude »
Good call Selby I think it will be off

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on September 08, 2022, 07:29:26 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Good call Selby I think it will be off

100%

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on September 08, 2022, 07:40:08 pm by drfchound »
SS,  you might not be going after all mate.
All that effort too.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on September 08, 2022, 07:48:57 pm by karldew »
Consideration in respect of EFL fixtures will be discussed with the Government and the wider sport sector during the period ahead and an appropriate announcement will be made at the earliest opportunity.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on September 08, 2022, 08:19:28 pm by roversdude »
Racing cancelled tomorrow

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on September 08, 2022, 09:06:06 pm by rich1471 »
Consideration in respect of EFL fixtures will be discussed with the Government and the wider sport sector during the period ahead and an appropriate announcement will be made at the earliest opportunity.
needs to be made tomorrow cannot see any sport for the next 10 days in the UK and rightly so

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on September 08, 2022, 09:18:32 pm by Janso »
https://www.efl.com/news/2022/september/efl-statement-friday-fixtures-postponed/

Friday fixtures are postponed with the decision on the rest made tomorrow.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on September 08, 2022, 09:23:59 pm by mushRTID »

If leger ends up cancelled Saturday too, imagine how much money Donny is going to lose.

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on September 08, 2022, 09:31:57 pm by Panda »
needs to be made tomorrow cannot see any sport for the next 10 days in the UK and rightly so

Good job there's footy from other countries to watch on BT Sport then. Cancelling all sport in the UK for 10 days would be a massive over reaction.

What about cancelling all work for everyone for 10 days? Pay respects and move on. Life goes on.

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on September 08, 2022, 09:32:50 pm by redarmi66 »

If leger ends up cancelled Saturday too, imagine how much money Donny is going to lose.

That does not matter. It will be postponed out of respect. Not cancelled.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 10:55:50 pm by redarmi66 »

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on September 09, 2022, 04:53:10 am by anton123 »
It would be a great idea and a great way to pay are respect if all games on Saturday stayed on and at 2.55 all fans around the country sang god save the queen .

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on September 09, 2022, 04:59:22 am by BobG »
Even republicans?

BobG

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on September 09, 2022, 07:28:53 am by Bentley Bullet »
Even republicans?

BobG

Of course, those with no depth in either soul or brain can abstain.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on September 09, 2022, 07:49:31 am by Draytonian III »
My advice to anyone going is to take a coat.
I once went there on a sunny Leger Day in the late 70s early 80's for a dismal 1-0 defeat and it was chuffing freezing despite the sun. (That was the day the legendary John Bukovina rattled the bar with a 20 yard half volley which was the highlight of his 15 minute Rovers career).
There was also the midweek game where Billy Whitehurst got sent off early for attempting the first decapitation by football boot.
It was so cold, that at halftime, we all huddled together in the toilets, trying to get warm from the steam off people's p1ss lol. We drew 0-0 despite playing most of the game with 10 men.

I can remember both those matches, I seem to think John Buckovina was the regional sprint champion as well as being a “ footballer “
It was absolutely Baltic on that Tuesday night, the coldest I’ve ever been at football even colder than going to Oldham

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on September 09, 2022, 10:27:25 am by Panda »
Even republicans?

BobG

Then they would be easy targets for those with equally intolerant mindsets, such as BB who displays that spectacular level of intolerance above in a few simple words.

Get the game on and those who wish to grieve for someone they've never met can do so at home whilst those of us who want to go and watch footy can also do so. That is equality is it not?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on September 09, 2022, 10:33:41 am by drfchound »
Panda, BB did say that some people can abstain.
Even people at the football can do so if they choose to.
I’m not sure why you are having a pop at him.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on September 09, 2022, 11:47:41 am by steve@dcfd »
The EFL and premier league have cancelled all games this weekend as a mark of respect of the Queens death.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on September 09, 2022, 02:16:42 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Even republicans?

BobG

Then they would be easy targets for those with equally intolerant mindsets, such as BB who displays that spectacular level of intolerance above in a few simple words.

Get the game on and those who wish to grieve for someone they've never met can do so at home whilst those of us who want to go and watch footy can also do so. That is equality is it not?
And what about players, officials, ground staff etc who would rather not attend as a mark of respect?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012