Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 02:10:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Injuries part 224  (Read 2470 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Injuries part 224
« on September 07, 2022, 12:01:34 pm by roversdude »
Has there been any mention on Olowu’s progress apologies if I’ve missed it.
Close seems to have dropped off the radar again too

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Injuries part 224
« Reply #1 on September 07, 2022, 01:11:14 pm by steve@dcfd »
Injuries we have are appalling but the length of recovery for players is even worst. We appear to have improved the physio therapy dept yet recovery is taking along time.

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 07, 2022, 01:13:36 pm by oggycompton »
He's been at the last couple of home games and sat with the squad. I believe it was a muscle pull. Can't be too far away.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 07, 2022, 01:39:03 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Injuries we have are appalling but the length of recovery for players is even worst. We appear to have improved the physio therapy dept yet recovery is taking along time.

I’d argue that the previous physio team rushed players back too soon which has led to the elongated recovery time. I’d rather they get the players right without any chance of a recurring injury before they come back

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 07, 2022, 01:59:59 pm by pib »

I’d argue that the previous physio team rushed players back too soon which has led to the elongated recovery time. I’d rather they get the players right without any chance of a recurring injury before they come back

Seems like this may have been the case with Anderson? Surely being out for 8 months and then starting 3 games in a week can't be healthy?

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 07, 2022, 02:01:23 pm by Mike_F »
Ditto to that, DVR.

It's VERY frustrating seeing another season hampered by injuries again but we need to do the right thing and give the players the right rehabilitation plans to put an end to the cycle. Hopefully a bit of short-ish term pain for long term gain.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 07, 2022, 07:49:33 pm by Chris Black come back »
It’s been going on for ages. We are not talking here about leg breaks or cruciate ligaments either. Seemingly minor injuries that take forever and usually lead to a bizarre chain of other injuries during rehab. We’ve not got Olowu, Younger, Griffiths, Anderson and Caspar the Close. All players who would make the squad and all out for several weeks and months. Nothing ever seems to change.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 07, 2022, 08:37:55 pm by DearneValleyRover »
To be fair you can’t put Younger in that bracket as his was serious and not expected back until after Christmas. Olowu is on target, Griffiths about 4 weeks behind. Anderson should never have been offered another year and shouldn’t be expected to make more that 10 (if that) appearance’s. The 2 enigmas are Close and Barlow but without knowing what other injuries have occurred during their rehabilitation it’s difficult to draw any conclusions

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 07, 2022, 08:44:01 pm by Chris Black come back »
I’d imagine Anderson, Close and Taylor are easily our highest earners. All three have barely played over the last 12 months. Huge amount of our wage bill on talented players but players that don’t make a contribution on the treatment table.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 07, 2022, 09:59:30 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I’d imagine Anderson, Close and Taylor are easily our highest earners. All three have barely played over the last 12 months. Huge amount of our wage bill on talented players but players that don’t make a contribution on the treatment table.

True but both Taylor and Close were under contract at the end of last season, Anderson wasn’t

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 07, 2022, 10:52:38 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Taylor isn't one of the highest earner, and he doesn't earn as much when not playing.

Harrogate Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 08, 2022, 07:06:48 am by Harrogate Rover »
Aidan Barlow was on the pitch prior to the Mansfield game warming up with the substitutes. Hopefully a sign that he's close to a return

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 08, 2022, 07:15:52 am by The Beast »

Taylor isn't one of the highest earner, and he doesn't earn as much when not playing.
I know he took a big pay cut but isn't he still on a decent whack? surely not too many can be earning much more.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 08, 2022, 08:33:17 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

I know he took a big pay cut but isn't he still on a decent whack? surely not too many can be earning much more.

Was discussed on a previous thread. I had the opportunity to ask the question when chatting to Gavin. It's never safe to assume anything to suggest a) The club didn't know what they were doing when he signed a 3 year contract and b) He must be one of the highest earners.

In terms of relevance to injuries, is the suggestion the higher earners are more
likely to feign injury?

There's been more 'higher earners' who've played relatively injury free, or come back from minor injuries, under the same medical and fitness staff.

As long as the club keep reappraising their approach to injuries and recovery, which they have done, then we can't ask anymore.

I can't imagine any player being forced to play a game against their will if they didn't feel right.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 08, 2022, 08:54:50 am by Chris Black come back »
Nobody is saying that. What is true is that we have a finite budget and a material amount of that is being expended on three players who will be among our highest paid players, and haven’t played much at all in the last 12 months. As a result of this unfortunate situation, the impact our budget makes is being lessened as they are rarely on the pitch.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 10, 2022, 06:36:56 pm by ncRover »
Nothing new on Close?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 10, 2022, 07:47:10 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
He’s closer than close

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 11, 2022, 08:04:01 am by IDM »

How many times do you need to make this point?  Every time there's an injury thread?

Of course it is unfortunate that we aren't getting the value of these players actually being able to play, but we're not paying for them to be injured deliberately FFS.!!!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 11, 2022, 01:25:40 pm by BobG »
And why, exactly, should we believe your imagination CBCB? It's pretty self evident that the imagination of others will be different to yours. How do you know their imagination is incorrect?

BobG

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 15, 2022, 04:28:00 pm by roversdude »
Close back in full training along with Barlow and Olowu

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 15, 2022, 04:30:54 pm by Panda »
Having both Olowu and Anderson out at the same time is a huge setback. Is Olowu expected back soon anyone know?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 15, 2022, 04:38:25 pm by steve@dcfd »
In the latest DFP article Close Barlow and Olowu may get minutes on Tuesday night away at Lincoln in the Papa John Trophy

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 15, 2022, 04:51:04 pm by Colin C No.3 »
In the latest DFP article Close Barlow and Olowu may get minutes on Tuesday night away at Lincoln in the Papa John Trophy
That’s not enough time to warm up a pizza.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 16, 2022, 10:19:21 am by ncRover »

Like he was meant to get minutes against Newcastle U21s probably

TinyPortal © 2005-2012