Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 06:03:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Utterly woeful  (Read 6656 times)

colincramb

• Forum Member
Utterly woeful
« on September 17, 2022, 04:58:27 pm by colincramb »
That’s the best I can say. God awful. He needs to go

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Cramby10

• Forum Member
Re: Utterly woeful
« Reply #1 on September 17, 2022, 04:59:24 pm by Cramby10 »
Unacceptable dross

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 17, 2022, 05:00:38 pm by colincramb »
We didn’t even create one half chance. And never looked doing so either. This isn’t the way forward

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 17, 2022, 05:01:13 pm by bpoolrover »
the only good thing that can come out of that performance is the manager going

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 17, 2022, 05:02:46 pm by Upton Rover »
This manager is clueless simply clueless

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 17, 2022, 05:03:05 pm by Chris Black come back »
It’s bad, and not like anyone can forget, we are playing in League Two, the lowest level of the professional game. This is not us struggling to keep up in the Championship.

We are playing largely terrible football and this is with our long term injured starting to return.

Forget about results, we are in League Two and cannot string more than two passes together in 90 minutes. It’s terrible football delivering terrible results.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 17, 2022, 05:05:11 pm by mushRTID »
Imagine taking Tomlin off when he was the only one making things happen.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 17, 2022, 05:08:59 pm by StocksArmy »
Since the back end of last season i focus more on the performance and its just not good enough. We have to find an experienced manager. Theres a complete lack of desire. Nobody wants to run and close down!

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 17, 2022, 05:10:47 pm by i_ateallthepies »

Which would suggest that those who decided he was the best option to be given the job are equally clueless.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 17, 2022, 05:13:17 pm by ncRover »
The players lost belief today. Can’t blame them.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 17, 2022, 05:14:02 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Very worrying and 3 defeats in a row is utterly shite.  He won't get long if that kind of performance continues.  No excuses today.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 17, 2022, 05:15:06 pm by Chris Black come back »
It’s never been clear what he is trying to do. In fact Butler, Wellens and McSheffrey all the same. Not clear what any of them were trying to do on the pitch. Difference being that McSheffrey has had more to spend and we are playing at a lower level than League One.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 17, 2022, 05:18:53 pm by colincramb »
We have no plan

The Dav

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 17, 2022, 05:20:17 pm by The Dav »
So what’s the answer ? Give him more time or cut the head off the snake and roll the dice with another manager, which will no doubt be another 4 to 5 week process, with the usual crap turned out about top quality applicants interested in the role ! This is a genuine question Guys ? I for one am feeling totally disillusioned , and I’m not sure what is the best course of action.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 17, 2022, 05:22:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The lack of energy is very worrying.

We have Miller running across their backline when they have the ball, then everyone else dropping to thirty yards out from our goal. We don't even make a token effort to press. And other sides have cottoned on that if they press Clayton, he's not sharp enough to hit them.

We've re-built the midfield this year. Ended up today with 100 years of legs in the middle of the park and f**king hell did it show. And the slowest one of the lot, the young midfield dynamo who was supposed to be our box to box engine can't even get in the side. What do we expect to get from games when we are 20% behind the opponents' work rates?

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 17, 2022, 05:23:56 pm by Prez »

Which would suggest that those who decided he was the best option to be given the job are equally clueless.

That would be David Blunt then.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 17, 2022, 05:26:16 pm by roversontheup »
I lost count of the number of times we had possession in their final third and we had 9 players all behind the half way line making no effort to get forward. Wasn’t even just not getting there quickly, they just weren’t making the effort. Totally unacceptable today.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 17, 2022, 05:27:25 pm by Filo »
GM’s tactics

1) Hit it long aiming for Miller, if Miller doesn’t  win it he’s a lazy t**t

2) hit it long into the channel’s for Miller to run  onto, if Miller doesn’t get there first he’s a lazy t**t

3) if the ball comes to you boot the fooker anywhere but make sure it’snot to some one wearing a rovers shirt

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 17, 2022, 05:32:30 pm by ChrisBx »
I said I'd reserve judgement until after 10 or so games. It's now been 11 if we include the Papa John's and McSheffrey continues to look very lucky to have been kept on in the summer.

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 17, 2022, 05:35:49 pm by Avsuptem »
Having watched the last 3 games on I player it's obvious to me that we have team who's whole is less than the sum of it's parts, far too much hopeful hoofball and disorganised play. If you ask me there is summat wrong at the club and let's not forget the old saying that a fish rots from the head.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 17, 2022, 05:37:19 pm by jmt23 »
I am not a natural moaner, and I really don’t like to see or hear calling for people to lose their jobs. I have to admit though I can see why some are so annoyed by what we have seen so far this season.

There is a distinct lack of style, we just seem to do a few passes around the back then lump it to a player on his own, with no back up, and no chance of winning the ball against bigger centre half’s.

How he can moan at the striker when we create NOTHING for him. Lumping it long when we have players with better abilities on the ground.

Swindon deserved the win,I’m not sure how much of the ball we touched in the first half? We did do slightly better in the second, but only slightly. Gutted.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 17, 2022, 05:37:54 pm by steve@dcfd »
The lack of energy is very worrying.

We have Miller running across their backline when they have the ball, then everyone else dropping to thirty yards out from our goal. We don't even make a token effort to press. And other sides have cottoned on that if they press Clayton, he's not sharp enough to hit them.

We've re-built the midfield this year. Ended up today with 100 years of legs in the middle of the park and f**king hell did it show. And the slowest one of the lot, the young midfield dynamo who was supposed to be our box to box engine can't even get in the side. What do we expect to get from games when we are 20% behind the opponents' work rates?
We need a player on the left who can cross with his left foot player on the right cross ball right foot. We shouldn’t be playing Molyneux and Tomlin in the same team no work rate. I keep saying play Clayton and Biggins with Rowe in front of them. Taylor on the right and Hurst on the left. We will have the work rate.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 17, 2022, 05:40:06 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Imagine trying to attract a floating voter serving dross like that up.

Sithi McSheffrey.

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 17, 2022, 05:45:03 pm by phil o sophical »
We don't operate as a unit supporting each other. If by some miracle Miller happens to win the ball after it's lumped forward he's got no support. We look like a team of strangers devoid of ideas

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 17, 2022, 05:46:52 pm by Campsall rover »
One word. GARBAGE.

Not one shot at goal in the 1st half and totally clueless at breaking down Swindon’s defence 2nd half..

We now play 3 teams at the bottom and anything less than 9 points and a massive improvement in performance and GM has to go.

Sorry based on the last few games we are going backwards at a rate of knots.
GM seems clueless at getting good players to play at their optimum. Yes we do have good players in this team.

Best player today a 18 yr old in Bobby Faulkner.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 17, 2022, 05:47:26 pm by Padge_DRFC »
He just needs to go. A half decent manager gets this squad promoted.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 17, 2022, 05:47:59 pm by Cramby10 »
I see he has turned on the players after the game once again. It’s not something I like airing in public. Could well be the beginning of the end?

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 17, 2022, 05:49:41 pm by monkeytennis »
That was so frustrating to watch. Time and time again we get pretty average teams turn up here and we make them look like a premiership team.

We looked unfit, slow, disorganised and unable to keep the ball or find space.

We never looked like scoring at all. Another 90 mins with no goals for.

They were reading our passing better than we were, intercepting balls as soon as it touched a Rovers players foot.

We have a decent squad, we need a manager who can make a team out of them. And this time let’s decide who we want and go and get them.

With this squad I reckon it would be an attractive post if we offered it to the right person.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on September 17, 2022, 05:51:05 pm by Lesonthewest »
It’s bad, and not like anyone can forget, we are playing in League Two, the lowest level of the professional game. This is not us struggling to keep up in the Championship.

We are playing largely terrible football and this is with our long term injured starting to return.

Forget about results, we are in League Two and cannot string more than two passes together in 90 minutes. It’s terrible football delivering terrible results.

Have to agree,  today was like watching a Conference side against a league 1 team hoping they stumble across a chance to score a goal. I have no idea what the managers game plan is, we can't string 3 or 4 passes together, we are unbelievably slow, we either pass back or hit it long to our lone striker, there is no urgency, we may as well not play Taylor as we don't give him the ball & he spent more time defending, we are at home, in league 2, it's absolutely shocking. Swindon had players persistently in space & passed through us with ease. Every side I have watched us play have a plan & play as a unit. In the first couple of games I thought this team had at least  a bit of character, that has disappeared in the last 3 games. Anyway I blame George Miller for everything.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 17, 2022, 05:52:25 pm by Chris Black come back »
It might not be the worst result but you just know that if McSheffrey did leave, then Steve Eyre would get the job.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012