Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 08:37:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Louis Reed  (Read 2420 times)

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
Louis Reed
« on September 17, 2022, 08:47:07 pm by Lesonthewest »
Thought he played well today, another one that got away, or we allowed to, whichever. Also thought their number 10 Darcy was excellent, energy, forward thinking, & box to box.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Panda

• Forum Member
Re: Louis Reed
« Reply #1 on September 17, 2022, 08:49:37 pm by Panda »
Their lad down the flank was decent, Shade i think? Also the bloke with the bald head and long beard who had that rasping shot second half from well out that Mitchell tipped over. Looked decent. Overall a side full of decent players but without quite having that danger up top or cutting edge.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 17, 2022, 08:56:33 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
In hindsight would have been better than what we had last season and would be better in that role than Clayton so one we missed out on. That said if he was that good someone might have poached him by now from Swindon. We probably just made them look better

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 17, 2022, 09:00:14 pm by roversdude »
Johnny Williams Panda been a thorn in our side for years

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 17, 2022, 09:02:51 pm by ncRover »
Shade no.28 was rapid. Had Knoyle on toast.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 17, 2022, 09:04:36 pm by Filo »
Thought he played well today, another one that got away, or we allowed to, whichever. Also thought their number 10 Darcy was excellent, energy, forward thinking, & box to box.

Was the 10 the wannabe Modric?

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 17, 2022, 09:07:15 pm by Panda »

Everyone does these days.

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 17, 2022, 09:08:13 pm by Panda »

Yeah thought that too. Maybe more realistic would be a wannabe Todd Cantwell  :)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 17, 2022, 09:20:10 pm by mushRTID »

Everyone does these days.

Knoyle is absolutely awful.

Shocking last year and poor this. Embarrassing he got MOTM.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 17, 2022, 10:53:46 pm by Lesonthewest »
In hindsight would have been better than what we had last season and would be better in that role than Clayton so one we missed out on. That said if he was that good someone might have poached him by now from Swindon. We probably just made them look better

Better than anyone we have in that position currently in my opinion, & would have improved our poor midfield.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 17, 2022, 10:56:59 pm by Lesonthewest »

Looked like it Filo, best player out there today.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 18, 2022, 12:08:09 am by VivaRovers »
Also the bloke with the bald head and long beard who had that rasping shot second half from well out that Mitchell tipped over. Looked decent.

He ought to, he's got 33 international caps, and will be off to the World Cup later this year.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 18, 2022, 07:53:52 am by eastender »
Johnny Williams Panda been a thorn in our side for years

5'6" and totally out jumped RSW.

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 18, 2022, 09:02:48 am by Panda »
Also the bloke with the bald head and long beard who had that rasping shot second half from well out that Mitchell tipped over. Looked decent.

He ought to, he's got 33 international caps, and will be off to the World Cup later this year.

Really? I honestly can't remember watching him playing for Wales.  :ohmy:

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 18, 2022, 09:50:27 am by Chris Black come back »
Last played in Nations League against Poland in June, and scored.

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 18, 2022, 10:13:53 am by Panda »
How come he's in League 2 then? Name rings a bell but really am struggling to remember him playing for Wales. I guess it's like most of the Northern Ireland squad. I wouldn't know half of them.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 18, 2022, 10:24:31 am by NickDRFC »
Weird career, Jonny Williams. Has always looked a quality player whenever I’ve seen him but was never really trusted at Palace and bounced around on loan a lot before having a decent couple of years with Charlton. No idea what he’s doing at Swindon now, surely could be playing a league or arguably even two above.

He came across well in Sunderland til I die but seemed quite quiet and sensitive - maybe he’s more comfortable at clubs where he’s cherished and trusted, and having been part of the Wales set up has felt more at home their than any club he’s ever been at?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 10:36:52 am by NickDRFC »

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 18, 2022, 10:36:14 am by Draytonian III »
Maybe he feels it better for him to be playing every week in perhaps a division lower than sat on the bench higher up getting 10/15 minutes now and then. He’ll have no doubt talked to Robert Page about it. Don’t forget a certain number 26 maybe played a division or so lower than he should have for a few seasons

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 18, 2022, 06:48:38 pm by scawsby steve »
Jonny Williams always looked dangerous for Charlton.

I said in the Swindon thread a few days ago what he'd do to us. We've got no-one in our midfield remotely near his standard.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 18, 2022, 11:37:13 pm by VivaRovers »
How come he's in League 2 then? Name rings a bell but really am struggling to remember him playing for Wales. I guess it's like most of the Northern Ireland squad. I wouldn't know half of them.

How often have you seen Wales play, though?

He featured in most games at Euro 2016, including the semi-final, and though not always a starter he has been a consistent member of the national squad since about 2012. He's also been pretty much faultless when he has played for his national team too, making him hugely popular with the Welsh fans.

So why he's only managed to secure a deal at a 4th tier team though is beyond me. Although as Nick suggests above, he does seem to be one of those players, like Joe Allen, who plays best when, and puts a big priority on being, happy at a club, so maybe that explains it.

On his popularity with Welsh fans there was a clip on Twitter today from one of the member of the Swindon Town staff. They'd stopped off at some services on the way home, at the same time a coach-load of Cardiff fans had also stopped there. Williams was duly mobbed by them, and they were chanting his name as he got back on the Town bus.

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 19, 2022, 12:06:13 am by ChrisBx »
Part of the reason Williams is playing at this level is his injury/fitness record. Last season was the first in which he'd made 30+ appearances since he was 19.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 19, 2022, 05:02:02 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Going back to the original post, if he had pulled a rovers shirt on, he would be playing like Oliver Reed.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 19, 2022, 09:37:12 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
In the Sunderland Till I Die series he came across as a really nice and polite kid. Went round introducing himself to the staff with his first name. None of the self importance you sometimes see with footballers.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 19, 2022, 04:52:39 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Even on a perfect day he could be on the wild side, sometimes even vicious.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012